Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Most were traded from high level uniques found by a Pindlebot. It was just easier to convert the SoJs to real currency.

Ah gotcha. That makes more sense. I had a holy shock/holy fire paladin that would just run around Act 1 one shotting monsters with the aura to get chipped gems. 40 chips per SoJ. All duped of course. What an absurd economy.

Best items I ever found were a Stormshield and an Ohm rune from hell Meph runs. Back before they made the map bigger in higher difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hammerdin pindlebot was another one I used I think. Or was it the other guaranteed named guy? I can't remember.

I hated the trading aspect.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bamhand posted:

Best items I ever found were a Stormshield and an Ohm rune from hell Meph runs. Back before they made the map bigger in higher difficulties.

Meph runs were fun. There was one corner where he couldn't hit you but you could still stack blizzards.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Lincoln posted:

I've been using Messerschmidt's Reaver (via Cube) with a LeapQuake barbarian...the text reads: "Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you slay an enemy," which for the most part allows me to leap from pack to pack, and so long as there are enough victims nearby when I land, I can immediately Leap again. But sometimes I don't get the 1-second-per-kill taken off my Leap cooldown, and I see that Messerschmidt reduces the cooldown of "one of your skills." So how does it choose the skill? Is it not always choosing Leap?

This, ORotZ, and any other similar abilities all pick a skill on cooldown at random. Builds that rely on it to reset skills limit the amount of slotted cooldown skills and/or stack enough CDR that it averages out okay.

For Leapquake you want to be dumping your fury to specifically reset the cooldown on leap, the simplest way is with boulder toss which uses every point you have in a single cast.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
The seismic slam rune that dumps all your fury is actually way better than boulder toss since it plays into the set bonuses. Cubing In-Geom also solves your leap cooldown problems way better than Reaver does, unless you're trying to do progression runs with Leapquake because you don't have ww or frenzy built and/or you hate yourself.

edit: In-Geom can also turn Threatening Shout into spammable Avalanche+Earthquake to kill the next elite you hit

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 15, 2020

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?
Patch 2.6.9 PTR Begins 5/21

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23420227/patch-269-ptr-begins-521-5-15-2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hm okay okay I like what I'm seeing. No trap set for DHs but making primary skills actually useful oh and here's a megabuff to Shadow just because. Some much-needed buffs for Necro too, especially Corpse Explosion which is good to see. I like it!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
at least nice that there'll be a couple more not poo poo tier bows for leveling

can someone post that link that shows all available items at a certain level?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Secret buff to UE Grenades too.

What does the SoJ change actually do? Does it combine with CoE to just make it perma triple damage?

bamhand fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 15, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

bamhand posted:

Secret buff to UE Grenades too.

What does the SoJ change actually do? Does it combine with CoE to just make it perma triple damage?

I'd be surprised if it actually interacted that way. The effect from CoE doesn't show up on your paper doll sheet.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So it basically lets you use off element runes without penalty? That's a fairly niche effect to dedicate an entire ring to.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
CoE is mentioned right below

Convention of Elements
Added "non-static" to the wording of the legendary power's description. The functionality is unchanged

So it specifically doesn't work with SoJ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I agree that the new effect for SoJ would only have a couple niche uses, unless there's something I just haven't thought of. It'd be cooler if it was like "all elemental bonuses from gear are increased by 25%" or something like that because it actually plays into the nature of the ring and would make a pretty deece slot.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Initially underwhelmed. Hoping ptr highlights that and some things may be made more exciting. Season buff sounds pretty eh also. Happy to see necro get some toughness though. Maybe it'll finally be not terrible to play.

Rinkles posted:

at least nice that there'll be a couple more not poo poo tier bows for leveling

can someone post that link that shows all available items at a certain level?

https://www.d3planner.com/game/66666/kadala

edit...like 4 now: theorycrafting. Strafe set might be interesting but not sure how people will best use it. Hungering arrow with the lightning rune plus ninth cirri satchel sounds like a screen clearer. Then maybe uskang for the lightning damage for the bow since there's not much else with hungering arrow on it. Or Dawn I guess since every build will likely use it still anyway :v:. I don't see how the strafe 1h hand crossbows with strafe damage will be useful at all since strafe isn't going to be doing any of the damage, just your primaries. That's kinda dumb.

Also sucks that it says primary skills instead of generators since some of the bows and quivers convert a few spenders to generators. Would be nice if it were more opened up to other skills since the primaries are kinda meh.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 15, 2020

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

bamhand posted:

So it basically lets you use off element runes without penalty? That's a fairly niche effect to dedicate an entire ring to.

Maybe this is what you mean, but the way I read it is say you have 40% cold damage on bracers and necklace, you cube an SoJ and then you immediately have 40% to ALL elements. Sort of the way that the Harmony passive works for monk.

That way, you could use a physical runed skill without swapping gear and still get the 40% bonus even though your gear is rolled for cold. I guess we'll find out for sure in a week.

edit: That WD nerf is a BIG deal and I'm curious what the default trash killer is going to be now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Big Black Dick posted:

edit: That WD nerf is a BIG deal and I'm curious what the default trash killer is going to be now.

Yeah, I think they just killed the new WD set with that:

Witch Doctor - Spirit Barrage: The Spectres from the Phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
How do I reflect projectiles in the Delseres set dungeon? I've never gotten a single reflect.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sanctum posted:

How do I reflect projectiles in the Delseres set dungeon? I've never gotten a single reflect.

According to the Icy Veins guide:

Sand Wasps will be the most helpful enemy type for the projectile reflection Objective, so try to conserve them for a second or two before a fight — giving them a chance to release their barrage of slow moving shots. Spread a few Slow Time Slow Times around the battlefield, and rack up the score on the 2nd Objective before you decimate their ranks.

You'll slow them down with Slow Time, then use Wave Of Force > Impactful Wave to reflect them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kheldarn posted:

Witch Doctor - Spirit Barrage: The Spectres from the Phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses.

I don’t think it’s dead it just won’t be the Head-And-Shoulders best build across the board, which is what it is now. It literally does everything the other 4 WD sets do better. It’s a locusts, zombie dogs, AoE build

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Suburban Dad posted:

I don't see how the strafe 1h hand crossbows with strafe damage will be useful at all since strafe isn't going to be doing any of the damage, just your primaries. That's kinda dumb.

I'm excited for a Strafe-based set but agree this is dumb. But then, I guess Whirlwind no longer does the damage in a Wastes build either.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Is it bad that I kinda want to do some Grenade Bullshit with Hellcat and that new set? Because that seems hilarious.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Kheldarn posted:

If this is only referring to MOJ/Enforcer, WD may still be the group trash killer unless one of the new sets/old set buffs really blows everything out of the water. The only competition in groups this season was nova necro and losing Nayr's Black Death (325% damage bonus in most builds) and Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang (200% bonus) from their cube is more painful than losing MOJ/Enforcer.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
The new sets sound pretty good. The season buff could be pretty similar to the s19 streak thing where you pull a huge amount of enemies into one spot and the season buff finishes them off. Depends on how much damage it actually does.

Also lol a rat runs nerf:

Reaper's Wraps

Added a 2-second internal cooldown to the Health globe effect.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Is it bad that I kinda want to do some Grenade Bullshit with Hellcat and that new set? Because that seems hilarious.

I'd like to test Ninth Cirri Satchel + Devouring Arrow, it seems like you could do some pretty insane single-target damage that way. Not sure how it would interact with Buriza now that you're guaranteed to get the first pierce.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Is there some trick to getting the bosh-rush season challenge in 20min? Like for any of the bosses can you port to a location after the boss and backtrack.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Not really. Just need to play a class with a no cool down mobility skill. If you do it with more people you can have other people each go to a different boss while one person is killing a boss.

If you do it solo with like wizard and the teleport wand you should have several minutes to spare.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Don't you have to be present when each boss is killed to get credit?

Icy Veins has a guide

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

FFT posted:

Don't you have to be present when each boss is killed to get credit?

Icy Veins has a guide

That's correct. Do it solo, it's easier than coordinating people tping correctly and not loving it up. Any speed class should be able to do it. 1 try each on barb and WD this season for me.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Also works in a group if someone has a good mobility class and already has it done for the season. They can run to all the difficult bosses while everyone else is fighting the current target, since they don't need to be present. I did it solo as a monk on my second try, then took three friends through in about 15 minutes, since I could just skip them over the long ones while they hit all the easy bosses.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
With 2+ people you just go to town before hitting accept. Then after the boss finishes you press m+go to town + take your tp. This removes any coordination needed, although things will go even smoother if you say you have a boss ready after hitting accept when there's 3 or more people.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 17, 2020

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Ah I didn't realize illusionist could buff your speed higher than the normal cap. I assume scramble can do that too? Actually not all that useful since I'm teleporting 100% of the time, but every bit helps.

I got some fairly good dungeon RNG on my last bosh rush attempt and still didn't make it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The way it works is that any +Movement Speed from gear is generally useless past 200 Paragon since the cap is always 25% there, but any passives and abilities will bring your movement speed over that cap and they all stack with one another. Scramble and Illusionist are pretty standard Wizard choices for speed clears.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I am hoping the WD nerf just brings them more inline with other DPS for metas.

I really really want support ww DH for metas, and I play the poo poo outta that.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
It might be a dumb question, but I didn't see any kind of FAQ in the PTR notice and I assume it's obvious for the more experienced players already (but this is the first season I play): even if the items' powers are changed, so long as they had been extracted before the patch they are still active on the account and after the season ends your new/other characters can use them, only they become the changed versions? I do hope so and no matter the answer it won't change that I've extracted a lot of powers already, but I'd rather be sure.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I believe everything in the cube will be updated to the new items affixes, but I never check my non-seasonal cube so I could be wrong?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Yeah, cube effects get updated. Items don't, so you have to farm them up again.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Ok, thank you for the confirmation!

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

blue post posted:

Update on May 21: We've found some issues during PTR deployment that are needing some additional QA time. We are actively working on solutions, and Patch 2.6.9 PTR is delayed until further notice. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and thank you for understanding.

Never ending season 20!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Nooooo drat it, I just want to finally play Necromancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Nooooo drat it, I just want to finally play Necromancer.