Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Anyways thanks for all the money we are on track for a record year!

Most Profitable Company ever!

Sister award of:

Least Productive Company ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The only reason this game doesn't make Duke Nukem Forever look good is because that game had a literally piece of poo poo as an item you could grab and throw.

And Chris is halfway there with his devotion to toilets.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Where the gently caress is Adam Sessler and why hasn't he livestreamed this game?

Oh wait sorry this game is only a few years shy of having been on G4TV

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
A G4TV REFERENCE IN 2020!

That's how old Star Citizen is!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen is a dumpster fire that is stealthily disguised as a coal burnimg power plant

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen is on track to be in development longer than it took EA Games to revive the Command and Conquer games after they made them freeware in 2008!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen is old enough for Chris Roberts to be disappointed in it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
When they say that a great weight eas lifted off their shoulders, backers are still confused as to whether that meant Ben Lesnick or Star Citizens development time.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
:eonwe:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dwesa posted:

I think I saw this Better Call Saul episode

I thought the exact same thing!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Inacio posted:

they updated it:

Okay? So does that still mean that there are no new things on the roadmap?

Sounds like maybe somebody looked at this:

Quavers posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17608-Roadmap-Roundup-May-15th-2020

Roadmap Roundup
Happy Friday, everyone!

Each and every week, we accompany the Roadmap update with a brief explanatory note to give you insight into the decision-making that led to any changes. This is part of an effort to make our communications more transparent, more specific, and more insightful for all of you who help to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 possible.

-CIG Community Team

Notable Changes for May 15th, 2020
There are no notable changes to the Roadmap this week.

And then someone over there thought that maybe that looks like they don't give a gently caress. Better let someone try to sugarcoat it

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Bofast posted:

You can get a (bad) taste of it like this, if it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEX02907nPY

You know I watched that movie as a kid all the way through and I guess my mind blocked out just how awful it was as a survival mechanism.

“Shhh! We have to be really quiet because a destroyer is hunting us... in space... which is a vacuum.”

Chris Roberts is a genius and thank god he’s been given 300 million dollars to fully realize his vision.

Now I just need to finish ripping all of the copper out of my walls so that I can finally enjoy Star Citizen.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen is poop

The backers have as much resolve as a paper bag. All they do is consume Star Citizen. Every so often their burning rage lands them at the doorstep of Cloud Imperium, waiting for an answer.

And Chris Roberts and co are there, ready and waiting to stamp it out all over their front porch.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Oh my God

This game has been in prepre-alpha for so long that smiley is actually loving retro.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Time_pants posted:

Oh my God

This game has been in prepre-alpha for so long that smiley is actually loving retro.

It's missing those three .Gifs of Senator Armstrong loving raiden up on the signature

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Time_pants posted:

Oh my God

I'm glad of it

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

:toot: Roadmap Roundup https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17608-Roadmap-Roundup-May-15th-2020

:trustme: Notable Changes for May 15th, 2020

:gary:

When the reality is even funnier than the parody.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Quavers posted:

:toot: Roadmap Roundup https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17608-Roadmap-Roundup-May-15th-2020

:trustme: Notable Changes for May 15th, 2020

:gary:

Always a good sign, in a project with huge delays, in pre-alpha state with hop to beta supposedly coming out this year (:lol:, it's never reaching beta, come'on), 500 people working on it, and more than a quarter million dollars thrown at it.

Looking forward to a future progress update being just a smilie of :iiasb:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AbstractNapper posted:

Always a good sign, in a project with huge delays, in pre-alpha state with hop to beta supposedly coming out this year (:lol:, it's never reaching beta, come'on), 500 people working on it, and more than a quarter million dollars thrown at it.

Looking forward to a future progress update being just a smilie of :iiasb:

If you factor in tax credits, subscriptions, investments, and possible other sources of income (cross promotion deals), they are probably somewhere in the region of 400 million by now. This could very well become the first half billion pre-alpha.

Early days though, CIG can take their time to get it right :P

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

:siren:OH poo poo:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03VBN_WJvE

This is it. That fighter in the trailer? That's the $25,000 whale ship, the one you could only get with the $10,000 completionist package. They've finally done it- they're pulling out the last stop.

Mark my words, this is the last big pump. The one that they themselves promised they'd never do because it would be utterly P2W. Project is dead within a year.

buddy you do not understand game development, this is obviously good for star citizen

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
A list of Star Citizen White Knights tactics from someone on SC Reddit.

quote:

This calls for my list of white knight tactics. I’m up to 23

1 Attack the messengers. The easiest and most common tactic.

2 Claim an issue is exaggerated/overblown

3 Say they haven’t seen the issue so therefore it doesn’t exist

4 Claim the issue is a hoax/fake news

5 Says their community is the best and competing communities are terrible. Meanwhile fanboys of those competing communities are making the same claim of how their community is the best.

6 Says fanboys of another community, usually a competitor, are worse

7 Create top level posts praising the product for something unrelated to distract from the issue. Talk about how much they have enjoyed the product despite the “minor” issues the “naysayers” are reporting

8 Claim the people posting about the issue are from a competing product community

9 Claim people complaining are only doing it to get something free

10 Call everyone complaining armchair developers/designers/managers/other related profession even though they aren’t in the stated profession themselves so don’t know anything themself even though knowledge of the profession is not relevant to the criticism.

11 Gatekeep who should be allowed to report the issue. Saying that since a journalist doesn’t play the game that they don’t know what they are talking about when all they are doing is reporting on it and usage of the product has no relevance.

12 Downvote/report any criticism to silence it. Demand moderators ban the “trolls”

13 Grasp at straws. Misrepresent people’s arguments to distract from the actual issue.

14 If the company does eventually respond to and/or fix the issue, praise how great the company is for listening to the community. Commonly said by the people who claimed the issue was exaggerated or didn’t really exist in the first place.

15 Claim people reporting the issue just have hate boners for the game.

16 Over-exaggerate numbers reported to attempt to make the criticism sound ridiculous

17 Say that if you dont like it, just go away

18 Demands subreddit moderators blacklist Youtubers/websites/journalist that don’t give absolute praise for the product

19 Feign ignorance of how someone could possibly have problems with the product. Example “Is anyone else’s confused about the criticism of bugs?”

20 Use mental gymnastics to invent reasons why what a company did something stupid, bad, or anti-user is actually a good idea.

21 “Lets see you do better!” or claim that unless you are in a related profession then you have no right to complain.

22 When a change or new feature is said to be needed, they argue against it being added. Even when they use features happily every day that some other fanboy in the past also argued against before it was added.

23 Claim reviewers giving it a bad review use a competing product exclusively

quote:

Literally only seen a couple of these. Maybe you pay more attention than I do, but nothing is as bad as you say nor is the project as perfect as these apparent “white knights” say it is.

quote:

we've got a NUMBER 3 over here!!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I mean, I do have a raging hate boner for SC, but it didn’t appear overnight: the whole thing is so eminently hate-able on every level it’d take a monk to resist popping a full-on robot chubby every time some terrible new bullshit occurs.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

:siren:OH poo poo:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03VBN_WJvE

This is it. That fighter in the trailer? That's the $25,000 whale ship, the one you could only get with the $10,000 completionist package. They've finally done it- they're pulling out the last stop.

Mark my words, this is the last big pump. The one that they themselves promised they'd never do because it would be utterly P2W. Project is dead within a year.

Without watching it I thought this was a renamed Theaters of War trailer, but alas, that's still MIA

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Star Citizen 3.9 Review - worst patch since 3.2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I12Tdtq2rWw

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Theatres of War Intro Video

https://streamable.com/f7f1na

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
ELE when

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Also where is MoMA and eightace

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Daztek posted:

Without watching it I thought this was a renamed Theaters of War trailer, but alas, that's still MIA

Rejoice!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/theaters-of-war-working-title-playtests

'we've been overwhelmed with requests'

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

RattiRatto posted:

They're both partying at Sandi's $4.6m mansion.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Quavers posted:

Theatres of War Intro Video

https://streamable.com/f7f1na

I am the textures flickering in time with the pirate computer screen

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

RattiRatto posted:

MoMA is playing SQ42 and always has been

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sample_text posted:

Isn't that guy's whole internet fame career essentially a metaphor for Star Citizen?

I really couldn't say. I've only seen this video and maybe two others, one of which was maybe two hours of mostly talking about how bad the writing was in the Prometheus movie. :shrug:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I'd suggest 'Star Citizen: i feel like i'm in an abusive relationship, i guess it's my fault for sticking around' but honestly it's too depressing. I'm just trying to laugh at a piece of poo poo video game here

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

You know I watched that movie as a kid all the way through and I guess my mind blocked out just how awful it was as a survival mechanism.

“Shhh! We have to be really quiet because a destroyer is hunting us... in space... which is a vacuum.”

Chris Roberts is a genius and thank god he’s been given 300 million dollars to fully realize his vision.

Now I just need to finish ripping all of the copper out of my walls so that I can finally enjoy Star Citizen.

Your mind probably just narrowed in on the bulldozer scene and refused to let go of that one unintentional bit of comedy.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Thoatse posted:

I'm glad of it

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Torquemada posted:

I mean, I do have a raging hate boner for SC, but it didn’t appear overnight: the whole thing is so eminently hate-able on every level it’d take a monk to resist popping a full-on robot chubby every time some terrible new bullshit occurs.

laughing at a shitshow I'm not personally involved in fills me with enormous hatred. Can't believe how much I hate laughing at this comical mess of ineptitude and grifting Bears

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
NPCs 50% fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQ7MP7jCRM

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bofast posted:

Should we count Starsector (alpha version) 0.9.1a-RC8 in that list, too?

I didn’t include the list of games *currently in development* :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

all I will add is that I hated the actual poo poo out of the protagonist no matter which of the three settings the personality meter clunked to. It actually soured me slightly on the idea of a named, relatively background-set protagonist... because what if they make them someone I despise?

They kinda did. Your entire family dies in Kirkwall and the protagonist was around to let it happen. The moral beats were leaden too.

colonelwest posted:

Even better, Jurgen Prochnow probably knew a little about why it was dumb.

Edit: re 2.4Ghz. If your gaming is interrupted by the microwave being on, turn it off and throw it away. It shouldn’t be emitting outside of the enclosure.

Baby monitors and cameras are the biggest source of badly modulated 2.4Ghz, so generally stay off wifi unless you’re toilet-posting. Copper pipes are a great source of grounding and can make walls more wifi opaque, but again, don’t use wifi for gaming. It’s silly. Latency out the wazoo.

Hav fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 16, 2020