Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Skypie posted:

so i mentioned a few days ago about my wife going back to work and getting the store ready and stuff. Well it turned out all those shifts were supposed to be voluntary per corporate instructions but her store manager decided to leave that part out when passing on instructions

my wife found out by walking in to the office area to get supplies while the manager was discussing it with his assistant managers and she was like "what the gently caress" and they asked her not to tell anyone

She immediately told everyone else about that bullshit, which led to several people going "hey gently caress you" and quitting on the spot while a couple others are mulling it over. The manager tried to blame her for it and she asked me if she did the right thing and I said "uh yes. That is dangerous poo poo because it means he's willing to conceal information. What happens if someone gets the virus, will he try to hide that too while asking everyone to still come to work?"

she did the right thing, and shouldn't doubt it. she might want to start building a case to protect herself though since this guy probably isn't smart enough to not retaliate. also probably not smart enough to do so without it being part of his catastrophic implosion though.

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 10:37 on May 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hodgepodge posted:

she did the right thing, and shouldn't doubt it. she might want to start building a case to protect herself though since this guy probably isn't smart enough to not retaliate. also probably not smart enough to do so without it being part of his catastrophic implosion though.

Yeah, this is definitely a situation where she'll need to cover her own rear end with as much of a paper trail as possible. Even if it's just an email chain of everyone bitching about how he never mentioned it was voluntary until she over heard him talking about it.

At no point should she think she did the wrong thing, gently caress that guy and may all the poo poo in the world land on his head.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

her store manager is a terminal dumbass and I know this because when we filed taxes last year, her federal deductions were supremely hosed up somehow and I told her to get it fixed.

She asked the store manager how to change it and he said "oh that's all predetermined by corporate. You can't change it." He gave her this spiel until the assistant manager returned from maternity leave and told my wife "oh, you just gotta log in to your HR stuff on the computer to make changes to your tax withholdings"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Crusader posted:

lol drat just checked and mutual annihilation of the average human with their antimatter counterpart is like 5k megaton yield

still smaller than the dinosaur impact but gotta start somewhere
I think you meant to write average American, the average human is closer to half that. Not that it makes that much of a difference at those scales: The mutual annihilation of say Trump and anti-Trump would engulf the entirety of Washington D.C. in a fireball, level everything up to Baltimore, destroy most things up to the Appalachians, and cause 3rd degree burns beyond New York.

In conclusion, Trump wouldn't just drain the swamp, he'd scour it from the face of the Earth.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Skypie posted:

so i mentioned a few days ago about my wife going back to work and getting the store ready and stuff. Well it turned out all those shifts were supposed to be voluntary per corporate instructions but her store manager decided to leave that part out when passing on instructions

my wife found out by walking in to the office area to get supplies while the manager was discussing it with his assistant managers and she was like "what the gently caress" and they asked her not to tell anyone

She immediately told everyone else about that bullshit, which led to several people going "hey gently caress you" and quitting on the spot while a couple others are mulling it over. The manager tried to blame her for it and she asked me if she did the right thing and I said "uh yes. That is dangerous poo poo because it means he's willing to conceal information. What happens if someone gets the virus, will he try to hide that too while asking everyone to still come to work?"

the only way americans see any more assistance at all is if every company is allowed to do that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol a guy who would post that the virus is liberal bullshit on every single one of a nurse friends posts on Facebooks wife just had to go to the hospital for covid and he is screaming about calling the police for harassment because we screenshotted his now deleted posts about how anyone who gets this is weak and survival of the fittest and posted them in response to his asking for prayers.

:justpost:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Skypie posted:

her store manager is a terminal dumbass and I know this because when we filed taxes last year, her federal deductions were supremely hosed up somehow and I told her to get it fixed.

She asked the store manager how to change it and he said "oh that's all predetermined by corporate. You can't change it." He gave her this spiel until the assistant manager returned from maternity leave and told my wife "oh, you just gotta log in to your HR stuff on the computer to make changes to your tax withholdings"

i only hope his self immolation is amusing enough to offset the headache he'll undoubtedly cause

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

paperwind posted:

I never want to leave Hawaii, and I don't want any of you fuckers coming. Covid is a loving haole menace.
rob them highwayman style

keep that poo poo beautiful for me

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2vODuLp4o

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dustcat posted:

brb gonna rob a liquor store dressed as a concerned nurse

you see this RN I wrote on my scrubs?

It means Robbing Normally

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Judakel posted:

Joe Rogan has now become obsessed with strengthening your immune system and I am now obsessed with his stupidity. My home is making me weak like baby.

My wifes brother sent us a video from some shithead named Bill Still who kept going on about that.

Mr. Still should go expose himself to HIV to strengthen his immune system.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol dude has a loving cow as an av

it's an improvement

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's not proper 9/11s if Saudi Arabia isn't funding it.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is the largest football stadium in Florida, the 12th largest stadium in American college football, and the 18th largest stadium in the world, as measured by its official seating capacity of 88,548 though, it has often held over 90,000 for Florida's home football games

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/SarahMaslinNir/status/1261638453529399304
He said do not open up your shops, barbershops, beauty parlors, nail salons, tattoo parlors, Mr. LaLima said on Friday, referring to the governor. So I didnt. Mr. LaLima, who spoke just after his release from a four-day hospitalization, began to get agitated. It said you can work from home, he said. 678 Broadway is my home!

lmao, rules-lawyering COVID-19

excuse me your honor

this is a gold fringed barber's pole

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is the largest football stadium in Florida, the 12th largest stadium in American college football, and the 18th largest stadium in the world, as measured by its official seating capacity of 88,548 – though, it has often held over 90,000 for Florida's home football games

I live next to the world's 11th largest, MCG in Melbourne with 100k capacity, and Aussie footy starts again in June. Thankfully without fans. But they're also letting 20 people into restaurants on the street filled with sports bars that I'm on.

I don't get it. Nothing has changed.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Flesh Forge posted:

At least one hundred babies born into Ukraine's surrogate motherhood business

:stare: im sorry WHAT?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1261889191069339648

infertile people paying others to have babies for them has been a thing for awhile now dude

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Spoondick posted:

went to the store to get some poo poo and as i was coming in some 12 year old looking 16 year old one third my size started fake coughing at me

the kids are alright

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

infertile people paying others to have babies for them has been a thing for awhile now dude

yeah Im like sorry this shakes your world view but this has been a thing in the Ukraine for like what 30+ ( probably more like 40) years.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

kids are idiots

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zeriel posted:

Dont cuomunisum
Open inside

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the ultimate own

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this is some beautiful turn of the millennium quality tv animation

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Flesh Forge posted:

At least one hundred babies born into Ukraine's surrogate motherhood business

:stare: im sorry WHAT?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1261889191069339648

Rich people pay poor people to have babies for them so rich people can keep number going up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Good mornings, what's good today?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Iron Crowned posted:

Good mornings, what's good today?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

our president, everyone

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a strange purple blot, like a broken blood vessel, dead center where my unibrow would join if I didn't shave. I tried googling for info on whether people see covid toes places other than toes, but WebMD just told me I have cancer or aids which would be fine of course.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Zberan Madowinty posted:

I have a strange purple blot, like a broken blood vessel, dead center where my unibrow would join if I didn't shave. I tried googling for info on whether people see covid toes places other than toes, but WebMD just told me I have cancer or aids which would be fine of course.

are you sure that isn't the visible manifestation of a crack ping?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Zberan Madowinty posted:

take hydroxychloroquine

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

idk I guess I had not thought there was a literal baby production order pipeline and logistics chain that would get gummed up by quarantine, the implications of which I (very probably unreasonably) linked to the same kind of just-in-time pipeline blockage for pigs and cows :smith:

that's a lot of babies nobody locally wants or can pay for, and whether it's a surprise or not it's a terrible tragedy

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just found out lf waifu m.i.a. is a 5g virus conspiracist. Sigh

https://twitter.com/MIAuniverse/status/1242421969905221634?s=19

she was marketed exotically, doesn't make her any less dumb than bottle blonde pop stars OP

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Some fish tank cleaner chased with a shot of bleach will clear that right up.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

she was marketed exotically, doesn't make her any less dumb than bottle blonde pop stars OP

I remember she started getting a little flaky when the Tamil Tigers got wiped out. Which to be fair was a vicious, bloody massacre.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Zeroisanumber posted:

I remember she started getting a little flaky when the Tamil Tigers got wiped out. Which to be fair was a vicious, bloody massacre.

How do you mean flaky?

She said her dad was a Tamil Tiger, don't know how true that is though.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

If you live with your children you are allowed to give them a hug what the gently caress

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just found out lf waifu m.i.a. is a 5g virus conspiracist. Sigh

https://twitter.com/MIAuniverse/status/1242421969905221634?s=19

lol @ thinking neoliberal businesspeople have intelligence or knowledge of any kind

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

the 5G thing is so obviously not true yet a ton of people are super on board

humanity is stupid

5G is a bad idea in general so its not the worst that covid might end it.

Shipon posted:

a lot of the left talks about 5g as being bad because it will enable pervasive surveillance but the truth is, there's no loving way it will be reliable or fast enough. they're greatly overselling its abilities and higher frequencies will just make it too difficult

its literally a protocol that has devices speak to and trust other devices the same way they do cell towers, with numerous exploits found before implementation. its only being pushed to create a surveillance state; no ones still bitching about cell data speeds.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

They have decided that letting 1% of the population die is better than letting 15% of the working population be temporarily unemployed. Of course they say it isn't that bad and it will be much less than 1%, but even if it was a guaranteed 2% of the population they'd go with let 'em die. Mostly elderly, sickly, or poor people dieing? Hell yeah, let 'em die. (They won't say this part out loud yet, but letting those people die may even improve the national finances.)

Once things open up they won't close again regardless of the numbers of deaths. Sacrificing a few hundred thousand citizens to Mammon for continued prosperity is a bargain they are willing to make. The government isn't going to protect anyone.

So that puts the ball in your court.
  • You can try to hold out in seclusion for a year while it rips through the population, hoping for herd immunity or better tested and proven treatments to be released.

• You can go back to work, do what you can with sanitizer and masks (and face shields?) to try to prevent yourself from getting it for as long as possible -- this has the advantage that you don't need to forage for nuts and berries to survive.

• You can throw up your hands, return to your normal lifestyle, and embrace the bloodshed -- accept that you will inevitably get the roni and just hope that you'll be in the majority of infected who don't have serious complications. Once you get it be one of those people who doesn't even bother to self-isolate. Embrace your destiny as a plague rat and breath on every boomer chud you see and hope to take them down with you.

I'm lucky, since I'm on disability I can try for seclusion without having to learn how to snare squirrels for protein. If you don't have a guarenteed income you'll have to work out the best plan with what you got.

I went from expecting a reasonable, appropriate reaction to this crisis to a hypernormalized acceptance that everyone is going to get the Roni because capitalism will not let the stock number drop. Ill tell ya its a lot more enjoyable to sit at home all-day posting and playing video games while not being completely anxiety ridden. Personally, Im still going to delay the inevitable by taking as many precautions as I can, but it helps my personal mental health to accept no one is in charge and only the will of the market dictates our response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

COVID-19 posted:

lol @ thinking neoliberal businesspeople have intelligence or knowledge of any kind

They have the specific kind of domain expertise you plebs dream about : deep personal connections to other rich fuckers