Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I for one am ironically loving this whole mask thing and hope it becomes permanently acceptable to wear masks in public. Going shopping while looking like a ninja is the best. It's like Halloween whenever you want!

Honestly, same, I feel weirdly confident wearing a mask and I don't know why it boosts my self esteem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
no one cares if you smile anymore

then again im a dude nobody ever did

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

I for one am ironically loving this whole mask thing

I meant "unironically", just to clarify!

I looked up balaclavas on Amazon and there are some crazy elaborate ones that look like something Sub-Zero or Bane would wear. poo poo, let's just go all out and wear a Darth Vader or Ghostface mask, I'm all for it.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Cacafuego posted:

Yeah, what they’re going to do is bring all that manufacturing back to America and pay Americans to do pfffff bahahahhahaha, never mind, couldn’t finish that without cracking up

The UK couldn't even get it's own people to pick veg and fruit from it's own fields, farmers had to charter a plane to fly in european pickers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

spookygonk posted:

The UK couldn't even get it's own people to pick veg and fruit from it's own fields, farmers had to charter a plane to fly in european pickers.

That sounds like a wage shortage, not a labour shortage.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Platystemon posted:

Certainly you are not advocating for an employer paying more money to attract workers? That makes zero sense within a labor market operating under labor regulations. Paying for.... labor??? At the market rate??? No, no that doesn’t make sense. Minimum wage should be the cap.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Platystemon posted:

They also expect you to live on site in lovely caravans and have part of your wages taken for accommodation.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
Every welfare system has the same issue, temporary work forces you to go through a cool-down period before you can get back on a benefit.

Piss Meridian fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 17, 2020

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Natalie Fartman posted:

They also expect you to live on site in lovely caravans and have part of your wages taken for accommodation.

And not leave the farm / site for the duration of your contract.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

BlackIronHeart posted:

Honestly, same, I feel weirdly confident wearing a mask and I don't know why it boosts my self esteem.

In Japan and probably other East Asian places, many, many people wear masks not just for politeness reasons but fashion and self-esteem reasons.

Unfortunately as a glasses person, masks suck mad balls, not likely to be wearing them for kicks. Even with bandito/cyberpunk chic.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Jeza posted:

In Japan and probably other East Asian places, many, many people wear masks not just for politeness reasons but fashion and self-esteem reasons.

Unfortunately as a glasses person, masks suck mad balls, not likely to be wearing them for kicks. Even with bandito/cyberpunk chic.

The other day I learned an important lesson: keep some breath mints handy in your car.

I had to go out for kitty litter and groceries, and stopped by a hot dog stand on the way so I wouldn't food shop while hungry. I do not like wearing masks to begin with bc of past trauma, and lemme tell ya, rebreathing my own chili and onion dog breath while zipping around Kroger was NOT pleasant.

edit: or just maybe don't be an idiot like me and and eat stinky food right before you gotta put a mask on

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 17, 2020

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Gum and a breathe right strip helps with masks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:ssh:
they are turning the "integrated circuits" into computers

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1261798123418128384

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

k no Onion articles please

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It's true

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jeza posted:

There are other kinds of masks that are made of clingier material and don't require a metal bar to hold under your nose. This means they dont vent into your glasses and are, accordingly, stupid popular here in Japan.

They are, Im preeeety ding dong sure, not N95 caliber much less generic mask caliber but somethings better than nothing and they can come in cool patterns and colors so you can even coordinate your outfits with them.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I for one am unironically loving this whole mask thing and hope it becomes permanently acceptable to wear masks in public. Going shopping while looking like a ninja is the best. It's like Halloween whenever you want!

Saw a lady walking down the road yesterday in full helmet and protective visor and did that viking nod-smile gif.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Azar is on Jake Tapper right now saying that the reason African American communities are getting crushed by Covid is because they're fat and have hypertension and the diabetus

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

i am harry posted:

Saw a lady walking down the road yesterday in full helmet and protective visor and did that viking nod-smile gif.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

I for one am unironically loving this whole mask thing and hope it becomes permanently acceptable to wear masks in public. Going shopping while looking like a ninja is the best. It's like Halloween whenever you want!

Quotes from the whitest dude in wholefoods

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Honestly, if you were going to engineer a weapon specifically to take down the US then a pandemic which can only be stopped if the population respects science and listens to experts and is willing to put the safety of others before their own personal comfort is pretty much perfect.
this is genuinely a pretty convincing argument :hmmyes:

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

Jeza posted:

I solved this by putting some cotton wool in between the two layers along the upper edge. This put enough soft pressure on that edge to prevent the air going up behind my glasses. (But I stopped using the mask because I don't go into places where many people are in a closed environment, and the occurrence of the virus is really low here, we only had 4 new cases in the last week in the province, and no deaths).

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lotti Fuehrscheim posted:

I solved this by putting some cotton wool in between the two layers along the upper edge. This put enough soft pressure on that edge to prevent the air going up behind my glasses. (But I stopped using the mask because I don't go into places where many people are in a closed environment, and the occurrence of the virus is really low here, we only had 4 new cases in the last week in the province, and no deaths).
Proper masks have a little soft metal at the top to shape them around your nose.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

i am harry posted:

Please tell me the gif you're thinking is a viking is actually the one with Robert Redford in a western.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Maybe she really was a Viking?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I might've skipped over the convo but learn to smile with your eyes

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Hardawn posted:

I might've skipped over the convo but learn to smile with your eyes

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Yesterday I got a lot of interaction with merchants opening up golf clubs (lots of quatuor), let the pestilences spread!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bleusilences posted:

Yesterday I got a lot of interaction with merchants opening up golf clubs (lots of quatuor), let the pestilences spread!

lol I had to look that up.

Do you mean "I played golf in a foursome, for business"?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1261993163188830210
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1262020427582451717

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
We Are All Gonna Die: Doing REALLY well, medically

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I meant "unironically", just to clarify!

I looked up balaclavas on Amazon and there are some crazy elaborate ones that look like something Sub-Zero or Bane would wear. poo poo, let's just go all out and wear a Darth Vader or Ghostface mask, I'm all for it.

my little quarantine project has been designing a functional cyborg ninja from metal gear solid helmet

if things get really weird im gonna be ready

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

(Plague!)

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

We Are All Gonne Die: It Will Happen! (Plague!)

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Imagine seeing this the same as the plague and this is how you handle it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Bronze Fonz posted:

Imagine seeing this the same as the plague and this is how you handle it.

I heard the president of Europe back then didn’t lift a finger to help the peasants

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the medieval response is to shut the gates of the castle so the nobles don't get sick and hope for the best, which is pretty much trump's strategy so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I heard the president of Europe back then didn’t lift a finger to help the peasants

Every time Trump makes a point of telling the media he talked with another world leader (usually in the context that he was sharing his invaluable advice), that leader should make a point of tweeting back the next day that no such conversation occurred (even if it did).