Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Paradoxish posted:

What's scary is that this is just another example of how we're doing literally the worst possible thing on every front. We're creating an initial rush that's going to seed future outbreaks, while also simultaneously setting all these businesses up to fail or desperately cut costs and lay off employees. We're so loving dumb.

lmao yeah. it fuckin kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Bring back all your workers to handle an initial rush, demand craters after the first week because the initial spike works itself out and half the population is still terrified, fire workers who are now potentially sick

seems less than ideal

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

etalian posted:

looks like the end game will be 1918 style "herd immunity" after hundreds of thousands people die in the US.

lol only hundreds of thousands?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

euphronius posted:

and capital and fascists get to do what they want due to the crisis

CoronaVirus owns b/c it shows the limits of government or indeed human power, independent of ideology

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

fast food and food trucks are the future of the restaurant industry at this point

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i made grits for breakfast but i accidentally made like 4x as much as i intended somehow

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
this is the future democrats want: touching balls is forbidden. kicking balls is encouraged

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeFT/status/1262086635153313792

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

Basically we're going to lurch from spike to spike, supply chains are going to implode because the fed's response is "BACK TO WORK" and people are going to start running into food scarcity because of said supply chains and a government that refuses to provide unemployment benefits.

idk if serious social unrest is on the table, but it feels like its probably on the table.

Oh it's definitely on the table. Unemployment and Bernie Bucks haven't run out and the second wave of non-service job layoffs hasn't even hit yet.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

god coronavirus is depressing

i hope everyone is having a good weekend

I might try playing terraria

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

*rewind to a previous time in schnorkles life on a conference call with a bunch of doctors and p.hds wondering why a potential immunooncology treatment just killed everyone instead of helped*

lol oopsies!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Man Musk posted:

CoronaVirus owns b/c it shows the limits of government or indeed human power, independent of ideology

some the limits are artificial and created by ideology!!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

poty posted:

this is the future democrats want: touching balls is forbidden. kicking balls is encouraged

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeFT/status/1262086635153313792
clearly mark your balls to indicate ownership

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I don't even know anybody who isn't intending to alter their behavior in one way or another, and almost everyone I know is 35 years old or younger. My girlfriend and I canceled all of our travel plans for this year and we're sure as poo poo not planning on eating out anytime soon. Nobody in my little board game group wants to meet in person again for probably the rest of the year. None of the friends that we'd normally meet at the bar once or twice a month have any intention of going back to bars or public places anytime soon.

I'm sure my social circle is a little more lefty than usual in a state that's already liberalish, but, like, I don't know anyone who isn't taking this seriously. My friends who work retail want to quit their jobs. The one person I know who's a server already put in her two-week notice so she isn't working when the patio area reopens. Everyone is terrified of getting their parents sick.

gently caress.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

i made grits for breakfast but i accidentally made like 4x as much as i intended somehow

oh no how will you ever deal with having congealed grits cubes you can fry off and use in all sorts of yummy dishes

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
our little community has been keeping a take out/delivery blacklist of all restaurants in our city that are being fuckers about their employees' ppe, are opening up their dining rooms, have owners pushing state and local govs to open up, etc

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

clearly mark your balls to indicate ownership

*scrunching face in deep thought* would .... i maybe use piss ...... to do this? where would i keep it...?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I can't believe I just had to describe my friends as lefties to explain why they might be taking a pandemic seriously

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just found out lf waifu m.i.a. is a 5g virus conspiracist. Sigh

https://twitter.com/MIAuniverse/status/1242421969905221634?s=19

isn't she an *checks wikipedia* international pop star or something? i'm surprised there's so few likes and replies.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

god coronavirus is depressing

i hope everyone is having a good weekend

i am having an amazing weekend, thanks, meditation and weed have really lightened my mood

hbu? is ladyschnork still pregnant or did you have the kid already

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thump! posted:

lol only hundreds of thousands?

Let's see if we can top 675,000!

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

m.i.a. is like late aughts to mid 10s relevant. now if azealia banks or caroline polachek made a tweet about 5g..!

anyway why do so many people believe in that lol it's weird

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

if one of the side effects is curing micropenis i'm all for it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the vaccine not working and maybe killing people is a problem for after the election

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
imagine being scared of cell phone towers and not the sun

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

sliami posted:

m.i.a. is like late aughts to mid 10s relevant. now if azealia banks or caroline polachek made a tweet about 5g..!

anyway why do so many people believe in that lol it's weird

idk why do so many people believe that flouride is a mind control agent

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

what the gently caress indeed, what would even be the point

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

nations and governments are really just legal abstractions that nobody but humans care about. even with the most competent government, still think the CoronaVirus would 'wreck' us all since Country A has no control over what Country B does.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

to say "we did it" and to grift?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Siljmonster posted:

All stars are actually just huge wifi hotspots. We're a bacteria culture that has learned to subsist on it.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Siljmonster posted:

bang bang bang click cash register

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

Basically we're going to lurch from spike to spike, supply chains are going to implode because the fed's response is "BACK TO WORK" and people are going to start running into food scarcity because of said supply chains and a government that refuses to provide unemployment benefits.

idk if serious social unrest is on the table, but it feels like its probably on the table.

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1262099073538162688?s=20

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fosborb posted:

bang bang bang click cash register

solidarityforever
May 11, 2020

I will never jeopardize the beans
goyim gonna goy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spoondick posted:

fast food and food trucks are the future of the restaurant industry at this point

taco trucks on every corner became true

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

solidarityforever posted:

goyim gonna goy

I love these images where they just pull random words together to try to make themselves sound important

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

solidarityforever posted:

goyim gonna goy

lol as if cops cared about doing a crime

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Shear Modulus posted:

Let it harden in a sealed container in the fridge then cut it into a sausage patty sized square/thing and fry up with butter/sage/little salt and pepper until the outside is like hashbrowns and the inside will be super creamy

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Mayor Dave posted:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

sum posted:

So what's the deal with Singapore? Back in March the line was that their World Class Public Health System was defeating the virus and they're up to 28000 cases now

I had a friend there and it sounded like Singapore was not reporting a lot of cases and didn’t lock down enough. People were still going out to nightclubs while unreported cases were spreading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Man Musk posted:

nah competent governments have kicked this things rear end.

more accurate to say shows the limits of American power and government.