Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Doc Platter was another great character I wish we'd gotten more of. Hank ate up everything he said even though it was just as likely to be the confused ramblings of a senile old person as it was ancient cowboy wisdom.

"Well, I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets."

"Well... I suppose I can't tell you much that them mountains can't tell you better."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsO6EcuxbM&t=35s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Pretty soon we will all be begging for Gerbster in America.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has any website ever made a comprehensive list of all the final lines? I mean those quotes at the end of the credits.

"Sven Grammerstorf??"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yes

https://goanimate-the-movie.fandom.com/wiki/Category:King_of_the_Hill_Stinger_Quotes

quote:

Not in My Back Hoe (4ABE06)

Dale saying the name of a planet by rolling his tongue, spitting and gulping.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 16, 2020

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

people dont like peggy? peggy is hilarious

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Peggy can be an amusing character, but I sure don't like her, I tell you what.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm watching Peggy's Fan Fair and it's amazing.

naem
May 29, 2011

:nws: https://youtu.be/clsJnCm5uhQ :nws:

I do not approve of this message

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/whyn0na/status/1258574594941890565?s=20

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

naem posted:

:nws: https://youtu.be/clsJnCm5uhQ :nws:

I do not approve of this message

That got way better by the third scene and the cover music is awesome.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/AvitalShtap/status/1261129181313843200?s=20

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
RIP Buck.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

She should see someone about her twisted ankle.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao this owns.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Does anyone remember what episode it is where the guys are standing in the alley and one of them (I think bill?) is wearing a hat for some reason and the window blows it onto someone else’s head. They’re all bewildered and try to recreate it to make a YouTube(?) video

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I guess it's "Dream Weaver" s12e9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Hill_(season_12)

Nancy wants Dale to get a new job since he is not making any money, so he and Hank go on a "vocation vacation" to learn basket weaving. Meanwhile, Peggy, Kahn and Bill try to achieve Internet stardom by creating a wacky viral video.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
You know what side character needed more air time?

Oranges!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

you broke my grill posted:

I guess it's "Dream Weaver" s12e9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Hill_(season_12)

Nancy wants Dale to get a new job since he is not making any money, so he and Hank go on a "vocation vacation" to learn basket weaving. Meanwhile, Peggy, Kahn and Bill try to achieve Internet stardom by creating a wacky viral video.

This was a really good episode by late season standards. Hank going from absolutely disgusted with the basket weaving to adoring it and developing a passion for it because it involves tools and craftsmanship is amazing.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

This was a really good episode by late season standards. Hank going from absolutely disgusted with the basket weaving to adoring it and developing a passion for it because it involves tools and craftsmanship is amazing.

The war veteran basket weaving instructor with one hand was also a great side character.

"This is Griffin Hooper, basket visionary and founder of this factory. They once called me a young Hooper... until I lost my hand saving my platoon from a grenade attack. What a waste."

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If they reboot King of the Hill, they need to make Hank into a custom PC nerd.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BigDave posted:

If they reboot King of the Hill, they need to make Hank into a custom PC nerd.

i cant even begin to describe how un-hank-like this would be

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

GolfHole posted:

Building a PC from scratch? Sounds like a good project for Hank!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I feel like it would be the rose episode all over again.

Bobby would want to build a PC, but Hank would hate the idea. Peggy would remind him of how when they were kids it was common to build a HAM radio, and that would convince him to go to a PC store and learn about them. That scene would even mirror the smoke shop scene from the rose episode, but this time two neckbeards help Hank build a computer mostly to laugh at him. Bobby and Hank disagree on how to build the computer, Bobby wants to buy suboptimal parts so he can afford tons of RGB lights and a gamer chair. Later Hank realizes he was a jerk when Bobby has more fun playing Minecraft and Fortnite with his sub-optimal PC than Hank ever did building his, and Hank would realize he didn't even want a custom PC in the first place.

He could even replace Peggys ancient blueberry Mac with his PC he doesn't want anymore, episode ends with Peggy griefing Bobby and Josephs Minecraft world.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 19, 2020

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*bobby, i don't care if it is the world's best graphics card -- it's made in canada*

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

GolfHole posted:

I mean, I’m sure he would enjoy the building part at least.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

they already made the worlds best computer instrument, and its texan

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Texans are essentially the original computer

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I feel like it would be the rose episode all over again.

Bobby would want to build a PC, but Hank would hate the idea. Peggy would remind him of how when they were kids it was common to build a HAM radio, and that would convince him to go to a PC store and learn about them. That scene would even mirror the smoke shop scene from the rose episode, but this time two neckbeards help Hank build a computer mostly to laugh at him. Bobby and Hank disagree on how to build the computer, Bobby wants to buy suboptimal parts so he can afford tons of RGB lights and a gamer chair. Later Hank realizes he was a jerk when Bobby has more fun playing Minecraft and Fortnite with his sub-optimal PC than Hank ever did building his, and Hank would realize he didn't even want a custom PC in the first place.

He could even replace Peggys ancient blueberry Mac with his PC he doesn't want anymore, episode ends with Peggy griefing Bobby and Josephs Minecraft world.

"The PC part picker forums say that those games are for little kids. You should be playing Star Citizen."

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hank would build a computer from scratch that would finally run crisis on max settings smoothly.

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
Dale would have some dribble about "computers taking over" which would be a large side-arc in this type of story. It would probably wind up being something they just out right buy Bobby a computer and say something about he ain't right.

I feel like Hank is a type of character that while not refusing the validity of computers, doesn't really meld in his world view. Like, he'd need to find a something awful thread about propane to get hooked.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

We can agree that Bill becomes a crypto miner and goes broke though right?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

bill bought several bitcoins from some young soldiers on the base, but has no idea what they are or where they are

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

GolfHole posted:

bill bought several bitcoins from some young soldiers on the base, but has no idea what they are or where they are

And he bought them years ago when they were close to worthless, whenever he hears how much a bitcoin is worth now he lets out a Bill squeal/whimper.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hank would build a computer from scratch that would finally run crisis on max settings smoothly.

the menus on Crysis were hosed so if you were pulling a solid 60fps on max settings in-game the menu would ignore vsync directives and try to push 400+ fps and melt your card

ask me how i know

drunk mutt posted:

Dale would have some dribble about "computers taking over" which would be a large side-arc in this type of story. It would probably wind up being something they just out right buy Bobby a computer and say something about he ain't right.

I feel like Hank is a type of character that while not refusing the validity of computers, doesn't really meld in his world view. Like, he'd need to find a something awful thread about propane to get hooked.

yeah honestly even in the propane salesman gta episode it felt super forced

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

the menus on Crysis were hosed so if you were pulling a solid 60fps on max settings in-game the menu would ignore vsync directives and try to push 400+ fps and melt your card

ask me how i know

It's a 2 parter. 1st ep he builds the rig with it ending on the gpu melting.

Part 2 he begins building the greatest cooling set up ever

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's a 2 parter. 1st ep he builds the rig with it ending on the gpu melting.

Part 2 he begins building the greatest cooling set up ever

Propane cooled gaming PC.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Was Flat Stanley a real thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ya still is