Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Thoguh posted:

I was finally able to get my surgery rescheduled to fix my ruptured bicep. The surgery isn't for another three weeks but they are requiring me to go to my primary care doc next week to get a COVID test. The test is on the 27th of May and the surgery is on the 8th of June. I understand the thought behind requiring the test but that's just shy of two weeks before the surgery, which is a lot of time to go from negative to positive.

I know this was pages ago but are they not having you go into isolation between your test and surgery? That was the policy for my surgery. If not then uh yikes and good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ive got a great new idea how to cut weight

https://twitter.com/awwhalenawl/status/1262462238532734976?s=20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Africa gonna get hosed up this summer

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just permanently lose a portion of your lung capacity to look lean? Hells yeah!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

is that a colostomy bag or something to drain his lungs? likely a stupid question but it's higher up than most colostomy bags I've seen before

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
RIP those gains 😩😩😩

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

gently caress all this dumb poo poo, have some global agitprop:

Austria

“Rent strike now!”

Brazil

“We refuse to pay!”

Chile

“Strike until both the state and the coronavirus perish.”

France

“Jogging is too risky, but working without protection is OK.”

Germany

“The crisis shows what was already a problem before.”

Greece

“Against the death policy of the state—solidarity to the struggles and the revolts of detainees in prisons and migrant camps.”

Italy

“We won’t go back to normality, because normality was the problem! When the lockdown is over, let’s meet in the streets.”

Mexico

“Immediate suspension of payments and rent—If those who pay stop those who collect.”

Slovenia

“Masks on, this is a revolution.” The additional graffiti reads “The academic college to the students!”

Spain

Punk art about the pandemic from a Venezuelan artist in Barcelona.
https://twitter.com/CNTsindikatua/status/1238770787676499968?s=20
CNT encourages workers to “wash their hands without extinguishing the flame of revolt,” measuring the proper amount of time for hand-washing by singing the classic song from the Spanish Civil War, “A Las Barricadas”.

United States

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

facetoucher cat posted:

is that a colostomy bag or something to drain his lungs? likely a stupid question but it's higher up than most colostomy bags I've seen before

i think it’s a chest tube for the lungs

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ebola Roulette posted:

I know this was pages ago but are they not having you go into isolation between your test and surgery? That was the policy for my surgery. If not then uh yikes and good luck

They haven't mentioned it but I'll basically be in isolation even if they don't. My wife has to go to work in the office though so there's some risk there, they had five cases in a building of about 60 people back at the end of March but haven't had anything since.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

yeah that makes sense. I just know it totally messes you up but who knows

twoday
May 4, 2005

lol that av rules

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/Ashevegas/status/1262714821642014720

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

They haven't mentioned it but I'll basically be in isolation even if they don't. My wife has to go to work in the office though so there's some risk there, they had five cases in a building of about 60 people back at the end of March but haven't had anything since.

a ruptured bicep sounds so excruciating :(

unfortunately when people hear elective surgery they're thinking people getting nose jobs and I know that's some of it but it's really surgeries like yours. I hope you are not in too much pain and the fact time doesn't exist makes it come faster

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

twoday posted:

lol that av rules

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

That is scary as poo poo to see side by side. Doesn't kill young and fit people, nope. Only gives them permanent lung damage and disabilities. Which is way better. At least they can still work to feed number.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

/extremely disappointed anatomy professor voice

“Think of your anatomy and where that is.”

percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube.

He was being fed through it.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

quotin to save for later :ninja:

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

least he can still rock those nips

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

/extremely disappointed anatomy professor voice

“Think of your anatomy and where that is.”

percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube.

He was being fed through it.

that answers another question I had about ventilation

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So much for action being taken

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeeleyFox29/status/1262720484350857216

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeeleyFox29/status/1262717184360529922

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1262721681778520065?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1262601680668864512

quote:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (CBS12) — As Florida starts to reopen, the architect and manager of Florida's COVID-19 dashboard, announced she'd been removed from her position, Florida Today reported.

Rebekah Jones said in an email to CBS12 News that her removal was "not voluntary" and that she was removed from her position because she was ordered to censor some data, but refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

Jones made the announcement May 5 in a farewell email to researchers and other members of the public who had signed up to receive updates on the data portal, according to Florida Today. She said that for "reasons beyond my division's control," her office is no longer managing the dashboard, involved in its publication, fixing errors or answering any questions.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1262725658607747072

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

wow how does this keep happening lol! come on jack, the only ones getting arrested or shot for covid are minorities.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1262707070593204227?s=20

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Funion posted:

Austria

“Rent strike now!”

Brazil

“We refuse to pay!”

Chile

France

Germany

Greece

“Against the death policy of the state—solidarity to the struggles and the revolts of detainees in prisons and migrant camps.”

Italy

“We won’t go back to normality, because normality was the problem! When the lockdown is over, let’s meet in the streets.”

Mexico

“Immediate suspension of payments and rent—If those who pay stop those who collect.”

Slovenia

“Masks on, this is a revolution.” The additional graffiti reads “The academic college to the students!”

Spain

CNT encourages workers to “wash their hands without extinguishing the flame of revolt,” measuring the proper amount of time for hand-washing by singing the classic song from the Spanish Civil War, “A Las Barricadas”.

United States

cool post ty

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1262731180446814208?s=20

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

facetoucher cat posted:

a ruptured bicep sounds so excruciating :(

unfortunately when people hear elective surgery they're thinking people getting nose jobs and I know that's some of it but it's really surgeries like yours. I hope you are not in too much pain and the fact time doesn't exist makes it come faster

Yeah, it sucks because when I injured it the surgeon said that it was best to get it fixed within 4 weeks and my initial surgury date was almost exactly 4 weeks out from when it snapped but now it's gonna end up being 3 1/'2 months. I went in for my yearly normal physical in April and my doctor was suprised that they delayed it since the longer it goes without getting fixed the more scaring I'll have and the more chance of have long term stuff like arthritis and numbness. Which is cool.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Iron Crowned posted:

On the way home from work, I drive by a fairly popular bar/restaurant. The past two months it's been empty save for a few cars from staff members and the occasional pick up order. Yesterday was the first day I drove past since Ohio allowed outdoor seating on Friday, and the parking lot was packed.

Friday, Ohio allows indoor seating, we're hosed.

i watch dewine's press conferences for my job and knew that we were hosed, but the fact that they spent a hour and a half yesterday yelling at people and basically saying "WE CAN ONLY REOPEN IF YOU ARENT SHITHEADS ABOUT IT" really made that sink in.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Shageletic posted:

Just permanently lose a portion of your lung capacity to look lean? Hells yeah!

broke: strict diets to cut

woke: removing portions of your organs to cut

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My town had a really useful facebook group during the shutdown about what restaurants were doing curbside and delivery and what their hours were as things changed, etc. Now that things are opening back up it's full of people going "I did dine in and they had a hand sanatizer station at the door and the tables are all six feet away from each other, felt so safe, everything is good!" Because spending an hour plus in a confined space with dozens of strangers is totally cool and good as long as you wash your hands on the way in and there is a magic six feet between tables (which definetely still holds even when people are sitting in chairs a foot or two away from the table on each side of the six feet).

In actual good news though the town is talking about closing down some streets this summer and letting stores and gyms set up outside. Which is an extremely good and reasonable thing to do to and should become the standard across the country this summer and fall.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Funion posted:

Austria

“Rent strike now!”

Brazil

“We refuse to pay!”

Chile

France

Germany

Greece

Italy

Mexico

Slovenia

Spain

United States

Super good post, where did you find these?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1262738726066819072?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wow

https://mobile.twitter.com/RawStory/status/1262735416400195588

quote:

According to a report from Politico, Donald Trump’s administration is recalling National Guard members assisting in states with coronavirus pandemic efforts just before many become eligible for extra benefits from the federal government.

The report states the guardsmen face a “hard stop … just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.”

In a May 12 call obtained by Politico, “The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

”The official also acknowledged that the order will require a “delicate messaging strategy,” in order to quell complaints.

“We would greatly benefit from unified messaging regarding the conclusion of their services prior to hitting the 90-day mark and the retirement benefit implications associated with it,” the official stated.

“Top National Guard and other federal officials on the call did not dispute the June 24 cutoff or raise the possibility of an extension. In a statement, FEMA acknowledged that President Donald Trump’s current order for the federal government to fund the troops expires on June 24. But a National Guard spokesperson said a decision to extend the deployments could still be made in the coming weeks,” the report continues, with a spokesperson stating, ” We’re not there yet on the determination. Nobody can say where we’ll need to be more than a month down the road.”

According to Politico, over 40,000 Guard members are involved in the coronavirus efforts in 44 states, three territories and the District of Columbia, with the report stating, “Tens of thousands of them have been working full-time since early March on a wide range of sensitive and dangerous tasks, such as decontaminating nursing homes and setting up field hospitals, along with performing tests for the virus. They’ve provided a crucial backup for understaffed and underfunded state public health agencies trying to contain the pandemic,” at a cost of nearly $9 million per month for every 1,000 troops.

According to the National Guard Association and some state officials, they believe Trump administration timed its orders to limit the deployment to 89 days in full awareness that the additional benefits could be denied.
Noting the date of the recall, retired Brig. Gen. J. Roy Robinson, president of the National Guard Association, stated, “It seemed kind of weird to me. It’s a Wednesday. And it also coincides with 89 days of deployment for any soldiers who went on federal status at the beginning. I was getting all kind of calls about it and I said, ‘It’s probably just a coincidence.’ But in the back of my mind, I know better. They’re screwing the National Guard members out of the status they should have.”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Typhoid Mary?

Corona Josh.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Super good post, where did you find these?

https://crimethinc.com/2020/04/28/the-agitprop-of-the-pandemic-posters-stickers-and-graffiti-from-around-the-world

Here's some more I found on social media:

Edit: here are a few good sources https://www.instagram.com/anarchistposters/ https://www.instagram.com/fuckcapitalism2020/

Raine has issued a correction as of 14:57 on May 19, 2020

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

That’s where the pee is stored

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lol loving over the people who had to clean out nursing homes full of dead people. classy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

this is what people mean when they say they want "to run the government like a business"