Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

next few weeks are going to be cool because if you don't want to venture out and get sick, you'll be the weirdo

This is going to separate the wheat from the chaff, or should I say the beans from the chuds.

Yes Corona is unkilling people! I totally believe this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

ASHE COUNTY — While the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) had been trickling into Ashe County, the county has seen a spike, jumping up to 23 active cases, as of press time.

After the first case confirmed in the county by AppHealthCare April 3, the number of confirmed cases grew to five by April 29. In the three weeks that have followed, the number has gone up by nearly five times as many, with 28 total now confirmed for Ashe.

https://www.ashepostandtimes.com/news_alerts/ashe-numbers-continue-to-climb/article_acbf1032-a2c9-5837-9db8-329fce473a09.html

edit: Ashe County is a county located in the U.S. state of North Carolina. As of the 2010 census, the population was 27,281

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Impkins Patootie posted:

stay the gently caress away from me
I....I was gonna give you a high five :smith:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the bubbles are suspended in the sanitizer, how magical is this

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

"Go at it like Pac-Man" :pervert:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

im all the pundits in ties living inside protective bubbles, screaming at the normies to get out and spend spend SPEND!!!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/KenGardner11/status/1262789438951874560?s=20
https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1262403188096892929?s=20

who do these people think work in nursing homes?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Loans from the world bank, massive austerity, the end of all public education

public schools are gonna be brutally gutted

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Atrocious Joe posted:

next few weeks are going to be cool because if you don't want to venture out and get sick, you'll be the weirdo

veteran beanlords will remember this exact feeling from the faraway days of late Feb/early March

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Sanford Stadium is the on-campus playing venue for football at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia, United States (also known as UGA). The 92,746-seat stadium is the tenth-largest stadium in the NCAA.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Impkins Patootie posted:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

~Data is~

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Atrocious Joe posted:

I was already being cautious and wearing a mask before this started due to being immunocompromised. Not looking forward to standing out like a sore thumb again as most people give up on taking precautions.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
cases r gonna trickle in more ppl r gonna hear abt symptoms str8 from horses mouths

its slow poison weve chosen for the economy & for all

true apothecary, thy drugs are trubk

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

seattle plague rat posted:

cases r gonna trickle in more ppl r gonna hear abt symptoms str8 from horses mouths

its slow poison weve chosen for the economy & for all

true apothecary, thy drugs are trubk

Nice username/post combo

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Impkins Patootie posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

so they're just saying that half the death total being olds is actually fine and an acceptable loss either way, yeah?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

snoo posted:

so they're just saying that half the death total being olds is actually fine and an acceptable loss either way, yeah?

they were going to die of the flu anyway

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the second covid19 season is gonna own. a large amount of the young people with healthy lungs are now going to have to deal with the virus while having lovely post covid lungs

mystes
May 31, 2006

snoo posted:

I'm pretty sure at this point that Americans wouldn't care if 100% of people over 70 died.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Sanford Stadium is the on-campus playing venue for football at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia, United States (also known as UGA). The 92,746-seat stadium is the tenth-largest stadium in the NCAA.

i have to see that loving thing everyday.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Der Meister posted:

what the gently caress is this

Trump

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

snoo posted:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So the conspiracy is that the people that care about their dividends more than human life are tanking the economy via lockdown for... reasons?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Lolie posted:

I was already being cautious and wearing a mask before this started due to being immunocompromised. Not looking forward to standing out like a sore thumb again as most people give up on taking precautions.

If people give a gently caress just punch them

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

:holymoley:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I wanted to hike this summer :(

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

snoo posted:

Olds will just keep voting GOP anyway

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1262843721076183040?s=20
I mean you think they could think of another use for all that rubber

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

COVID-19 May - *ALF INTRO PLAYS* INT TANNER HOME subtitle appears: learning to live with the Virus

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We must do all we can: nothing

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BULBASAUR posted:

The only hiking you'll be doing is hiking up your pants. Lean times ahead.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

imagine if all these suicidal rear end chuds out their energy into ubi instead of an early, painful, traumatic and lonely death that takes their loved ones with them lmfao

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Google Butt posted:

imagine if all these suicidal rear end chuds out their energy into ubi instead of an early, painful, traumatic and lonely death that takes their loved ones with them lmfao

If they could do that then they wouldn't be chuds

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Lawman 0 posted:

that's wild

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We'll honestly still see pretty small-ish numbers, I mean, relatively. We'll get to maybe 200,000 by July at this rate. Huge loving number, but we won't get to, like, 2 mil.

Because even with the level of risk we're taking on, which is way too high yes, it's still small potatoes to the truly insane amount of risk we would be taking on if we opened up stadiums and poo poo. If that happens in Alabama for CRIMSON TIDE FOOTBAWWWWWW you'll see the population just getting obliterated.

Just imagine a stadium seating 80,000 in a computer simulation. One guy in red coughs, and the red spreads. He gets up to the concession stand and coughs, and the red spreads.

Keep this up for 3 hours. Now bring in another guy in red, and another, and another.

The one saving grace is it's an outdoor stadium. Domed college football stadiums (which are few, I can only think of Idaho and Northern Iowa) would be basically a biological weapon Bin Laden could never have dreamed of.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zberan Madowinty posted:

We'll honestly still see pretty small-ish numbers, I mean, relatively. We'll get to maybe 200,000 by July at this rate. Huge loving number, but we won't get to, like, 2 mil.

Because even with the level of risk we're taking on, which is way too high yes, it's still small potatoes to the truly insane amount of risk we would be taking on if we opened up stadiums and poo poo. If that happens in Alabama for CRIMSON TIDE FOOTBAWWWWWW you'll see the population just getting obliterated.

Just imagine a stadium seating 80,000 in a computer simulation. One guy in red coughs, and the red spreads. He gets up to the concession stand and coughs, and the red spreads.

Keep this up for 3 hours. Now bring in another guy in red, and another, and another.

The one saving grace is it's an outdoor stadium. Domed college football stadiums (which are few, I can only think of Idaho and Northern Iowa) would be basically a biological weapon Bin Laden could never have dreamed of.

But if we don't have college sports, the Taliban wins again

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BULBASAUR posted:

Unless you mean like the AT/PCT still kinda do it but just be careful about it because IIRC you're in the south. We went to Talladega last weekend and only saw 3 groups of people on the trail and the first group (6~ backpackers) saw us before we did and basically tried to crawl into a river to get away from us. We were able to scramble up the hill 10ft easier and it was actually really fun, we just waited 5 minutes after they passed and carried on. The fact it was Alabama and they tried that hard to socially distance said a lot to me about hikers and backpackers with all this (of course there's jerks)

We're not going to go car camping or to busy state parks but we're going hiking and definitely going camping. We're just going to be smart about it and plan ahead and bring tons of extra gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lawman 0 posted:

... nice

Gotta replace all the dead people I guess... I mean 320,000 dead of Covid... 400,000 new kids... Human race still winning, bitches

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Wasn't there a stadium in Germany or Italy that was supposedly the source of a lot of infections that caused them to quarantine hard, some football game