Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Okay, that's weird. I just checked my library and I have Mafia 3: Definitive Edition, and Mafia 2: Classic. I searched the store and discovered that I could find Mafia 2: Definitive Edition on the storefront, but when I clicked on it it says "this game is already in your library." I double checked and it certainly is not.

I only had Mafia 2 (Classic) in my library but I restarted steam and it showed up. Maybe try that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

StoneyAssassin posted:

I only had Mafia 2 (Classic) in my library but I restarted steam and it showed up. Maybe try that?

Must just be rolling em out or something. It's Tuesday so steam is already being unreliable. Not that it's a big deal, I'm not really looking to replay it anytime soon. I think I might play through all 3 when the Mafia Remake comes out though, by the time I got around to trying the first Mafia it had just aged way too poorly and I couldn't get over it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cartoon Man posted:

drat, how’d this not get GOTY?

No jump button.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Cartoon Man posted:

drat, how’d this not get GOTY? Is the rest of the game rear end?

Movement speed was too low, level design felt off imho, I think the cutscenes are unskippable and super bland and also the lack of a jump button. It was a game that was very close to being really great.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Why do you need a jump button? What does it add to a game?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cartoon Man posted:

We’ll get Bloodborne around the same time we get Red Dead Redemption 1.

Yea, this. The fact that the game is duct taped together and miraculously still works is more of an impediment than any exclusivity.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

StrixNebulosa posted:

There was a lot of very conspicuous waist high cover that existed only to make you take the long way around a level, so when combined with the slow movement speed, it becomes quite annoying that you can't jump.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It adds jumping.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cardiovorax posted:

It adds jumping.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

StrixNebulosa posted:

ask the final fantasy 14 devs

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo, fellow Troubleshooters, how the gently caress do you do the Scent of the Past mission as Irene? She just seems to get instantly bodied before I can even get a turn to turn on her ultra block armor, and this mission is apparently the source of several Irene-exclusive masteries.

Is that the park mission where you have intermissions with everyone? I think in Irene's case she just has to get her rear end kicked and maybe re-do it at a higher level, because Luna is a monster. You can complete that encounter even if you lose that fight.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
To be serious, actually having that skillshot system made Bulletstorm less enjoyable for me, because it encourages you to collect x amount of each skillshot. Therefore I constantly felt like I was failing, if I killed enemies in a way that didn't make the numbers go up.

I guess my main issue was that it was clearly designed to be played with gamepad. Limited weapon capacity, very little verticality etc. And yeah, not having a jump option makes me feel like I'm in a wheelchair.

It's still a fine game (or at least I think it is, haven't played since 2012), but there's a lot of small things I didn't like.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kennel posted:

To be serious, actually having that skillshot system made Bulletstorm less enjoyable for me, because it encourages you to collect x amount of each skillshot. Therefore I constantly felt like I was failing, if I killed enemies in a way that didn't make the numbers go up.

I guess my main issue was that it was clearly designed to be played with gamepad. Limited weapon capacity, very little verticality etc. And yeah, not having a jump option makes me feel like I'm in a wheelchair.

It's still a fine game (or at least I think it is, haven't played since 2012), but there's a lot of small things I didn't like.

Honestly if they cranked up the movespeed so it felt more like Doom 2016 it would be utterly amazing and I would probably never stop playing it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

if bulletstorm had something like the ninja run in MGR that let you jump over cover whenever I think it would be perfect.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am extremely fond of these missions in House Flipper:

Hey keep an eye on Train Station Renovation, it's like House Flipper but for train stations and I kinda love it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Artelier posted:

This looks AMAZING and there seem to be sixty bosses with variable difficulties???

Correct, and a few more to come. Because it's still a sidescrolling shooter at the end of the day you aren't gonna quite see the build variety you get in other roguelikes like Isaac or Gungeon but there are still some really interesting pickups and modifiers so between all of that there's a ton of replayability. Really really strongly recommend it

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Working my way through Jedi Fallen Order since the other half bought it for my birthday and holy gently caress how did this game make it out of testing with zero fast travel options. Even Dark Souls had primal bonfires. I even googled it to see if maybe I missed a tooltip or something but know, if you want to track down a missing poncho or a force echo, you gotta hoof it all the way there. And then you get to do a return trip to get to your ship. And honestly, it wouldn't even be that bad except that one planet in particular is a giant loving mess and it's hard to figure out how to get to entire chunks of the map because the map is so god damned hard to read. I just can't believe that no one at any point during development though "hey this sucks and isn't very fun."

It's really the sole thing keeping me from replaying the game. The shortcuts help, but it's still a major pain to track down those last few missed collectibles.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cross-Section posted:

It's really the sole thing keeping me from replaying the game. The shortcuts help, but it's still a major pain to track down those last few missed collectibles.

The shortcuts and bonfires seem incredibly slapdash and inconsistent to me. Sometimes you have two relatively close together and you're wondering why they're both their, other times you're facing another gauntlet of enemies with like one stim left and wondering where the gently caress the next one is.

It's a really fun game in a lot of ways but yeah I don't see replaying it ever unless they patch in some sort of fast travel.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
PSO 2 is finally coming out in North America May 27th.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidj...box-cross-play/

Available exclusively from the Microsoft Store for Windows 10. So that'll probably provoke some complaining.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Kennel posted:

Bulletstorm reminds me a little of Mad World if you removed all the things that made Mad World great.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Deep Rock Galactic is really fun. A friend and I have been enjoying it tons.

For Karl!

Orv
May 4, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

Bulletstorm reminds me a little of Mad World if you removed all the things that made Mad World great.

loving what.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ZearothK posted:

Is that the park mission where you have intermissions with everyone? I think in Irene's case she just has to get her rear end kicked and maybe re-do it at a higher level, because Luna is a monster. You can complete that encounter even if you lose that fight.

Oh. That'd... Make sense. I kept restarting after I lost the fight, figuring there was no way I could get the rewards if I did. Welp.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SardonicTyrant posted:

The... Gary Jules cover? I’m really confused right now.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The video game Madworld, where you play as a guy that tortures people for points in a system similar to how Bulletstorm works where creativity leads to higher scores.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bulletstorm is shamefully lacking in familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faaaa-ceee-eees

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I wanted to get that Humble Bundle for .hack and Katamari but it says it's unavailable in my area (Malaysia). Any suggestions on how to circumvent it? Or maybe the keys themselves region locked and it wouldn't matter even if I did?

EDIT: I see at some point they added a location setting which I can't update. :(

Artelier fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 20, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jimbot posted:

For Karl!

hey so y'all know how I keep harping on game music? DRG has some really good ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1CASWEkt4

when the major beat drop coincides with a renewed swarm cutting you off from the escape pod? :allears:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Kennel posted:

Yeah, it's just me being dumb but I find it hard to enjoy any game that gives more currency/XP for getting certain types of kills. I can't help but turn every fight into an optimization problem where if I'm not killing every enemy in the one way that gives the most XP then I'm Playing Badly. If it had only given a bonus for the first time you kill an enemy in a new way then it probably would've been a lot more fun.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hwurmp posted:

Bulletstorm is shamefully lacking in familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faaaa-ceee-eees
not on the second play through.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I know some Tales games are much better regarded than others, how is Berseria? Worth the +5 bucks in the bundle?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bruceski posted:

I know some Tales games are much better regarded than others, how is Berseria? Worth the +5 bucks in the bundle?

Berseria is the most worthwhile of the lot- I think most would say "go for it" for a fiver

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bruceski posted:

It's the best one in recent memory, definitely worth the five bucks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ciaphas posted:

Berseria is the most worthwhile of the lot- I think most would say "go for it" for a fiver

I don't think I've played one since Symphonia, so I'll check it out. Thanks.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I think the goon rankings go something like Berseria :), Vesperia :shobon:, Symphonia :(, and Zestiria :barf:

might be mixing up the last two, all I remember about Symphonia is the spectacularly awful VO

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bulletstorm resembles a photo-Doom 2016 but it still has a lot of the CoD/Halo shackles holding it back. It’s still a good time and also has a surprisingly not-poo poo story too, mostly. General Sarrano is a hoot.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It suffers a bit from its shooter elements being weirdly not actually all that strong. Most enemies are total bullet sponges, for example, which can become really frustrating at times. It's understandable, because the game wants you to have that time to make spectacle kills, but at times you are just sick of that and want things dead and the game won't have it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also I know it was loving stupid monkey cheese poo poo but I still loved hearing Jennifer Hale's "I'm gonna KILL YOUR DICK" line and having the protagonist be like "wait what? Kill my dick? What does that even mean?"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jimbot posted:

For Karl!

it's the best 4-player co-op survivaly-objectives game on steam

there's also a thread on it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851689

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

DrNutt posted:

Also I know it was loving stupid monkey cheese poo poo but I still loved hearing Jennifer Hale's "I'm gonna KILL YOUR DICK" line and having the protagonist be like "wait what? Kill my dick? What does that even mean?"

Bulletstorm had great quotes all over it. That monologue in the lift ride about two hetero guys just snuggling it out or something was magic. And the whole game was an excuse for some wild set pieces - runaway mining equipment, robotic dinosaurs, walking down skyscrapers.