Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just make sure we don't go on any big trips and think healthy thoughts about our populace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Outrail posted:

Here, put this cloth mask over your face. It'll be fine.

You are probably joking, but this will actually help with the various dusts and particulate inhalation. Radon is a different case, but also pretty rare to accumulate in what I think Kavodelian mines look like.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
It has been a looooooong time since I last posted in the thread. Like, 20000 posts long. I last caught up in August of last year, and today I caught up again. It's like seeing an old friend. I've missed you all, and I'm sure I'll be back to the wrongest voting soon!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Plus you're only one page off from 6666

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Outrail posted:

:siren:get Snarls to smell and memorize all the stones before we see dad:siren:

Yeah do this

Dad's going to take them away, but gently caress you dad we're mining this poo poo anyways

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Zodiac5000 posted:

Hmm.... worth 207,360,000 soldiers, eh? But that 207,360,001st soldier, he's just too much? I guess I don't blame the Mahamaharathi for losing at that point, I got bored of Dynasty warriors at like 3,000 kills in a stage and he's blowing that out of the water. his arm probably feels like a soggy noodle attached to a brick.

I mean, that's a lot of soldiers. Let's say he's consistently killing 10 soldiers every tenth of a second, so six thousand soldiers per minute. That would still take him 34,560 minutes, or 576 hours, or close to three four weeks (3.42 weeks). Honestly, at that point, doing something like moving away from fighting on a corpse pile hundreds of feet deep or getting a sandwich every week or so would probably extend his killing time almost indefinitely.

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 20, 2020

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Oh your schedule must look very busy.

Death
Death
Death
Death
Lunch
Death
Death
Tea
Death

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
these guys are ultimate strategy masters they're not gonna get bogged into a trap like merely killing 100 soldiers per second come on

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

SniperWoreConverse posted:

these guys are ultimate strategy masters they're not gonna get bogged into a trap like merely killing 100 soldiers per second come on

I was operating off of the assumption* that the numbers were based on them fighting without any strategy, and, I mean, if you can take 100,000,000 soldiers without difficulty, you could probably take a few 100,000,000 more after a good night's sleep and a snack.

*And the mental image of a few of them clocking in to kill another few million people like in one of those old-timey cartoons on a worksite.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

Oh your schedule must look very busy.

Death
Death
Death
Death
Lunch
Death
Death
Tea
Death

Quick shower
Death
Death
Death

CloFan posted:

Yeah do this

Dad's going to take them away, but gently caress you dad we're mining this poo poo anyways

I'm not sure he will. Also we should just leave them in Kavodel. We don't need to play show and tell with everything, we can just relate that bit of our trip and say something like "We didn't get to go inside, but the residents of Badad did say they would consider trading for some goods" and if he asks, we say they want some weird rocks that they gave us samples of. Then we can go from there.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Cmon. They way they rack up the kill counts is obvious. Ramjet rollerskates, reallllly long double-bladed Not-Lightsaber, armor in the shape of a cow catcher.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Doing down on mighty medicine and creating a blooded illness would be the smart move.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I imagine that, seeing as it’s likely the PtB disappeared the problematic ones during Everstrikes forging, the issue won’t be whether or not we can mine these rocks, but whether or not we can trade them

Remembering Tudiyas ever so slight issue with people trading ‘riches of the earth’ to other cities without permission plus who know what kind of true tales the annuals say about Badad

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

During the trip it was noted that Enkidel and Uriah weren't getting any better at running. I thought the thing with the blooded was that the more they do it the better they get. Is Uriah at his run really fast cap?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Polgas posted:

During the trip it was noted that Enkidel and Uriah weren't getting any better at running. I thought the thing with the blooded was that the more they do it the better they get. Is Uriah at his run really fast cap?

Or he's being slowed down too much by Enkidel to be pushing his limits any.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
They won't let us get too fast or we'll become an unbeatably agile pedestrian horse archer. Just kiting demons around Ur for weeks until we get them within an easy walk to a temple before turn them into pincushion. Same reason they won't let us fly. Bows are OP with the right strat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think that any economic slowdown Kavodel suffered during our absence will be mitigated by our growing legend's increased <???> gains radiating out into the town.

Not to mention all the technology we uncovered. We're going to give Kavodel's tech level a massive boost with the tower's secrets. Screws alone are going to drastically change to how things get assembled.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Someone (David's family I think?) invented seed drills last timeskip too, which in real life can be anywhere from a 5x to 9x modifier on crop yields. Between proliferating seed drills and wheelbarrows and the plant care tips we got from Amos/the Nikall priestess/Karnak I expect food yields to explode to an even more ludicrous level, and that's not factoring in what it does to all the other sectors of the economy. Wheelbarrows are also gonna make construction projects so much easier and our mines more productive, plus the mining tech obviously, and spirals should hopefully revolutionize carpentry if we can figure out a way to mass produce them. Big things coming on the horizon for Kavodel.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Important theological question for team HUNGER: do we eat snarls first or is he our eternal dining companion?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Nothing to add, just doing my part to get us to page Extra Satan

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Let Snarls smell the samples. What's the worst that can happen? *smash cut to Kavodel dealing with an increase in extra fingers, toes, and eyes thanks to radiation poisoning*

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Polgas posted:

I thought that it was that the more blooded you are, the less rest you need, so you can just keep on chugging all day and then take a 4 hour power nap. At a certain point, we reach increasingly diminishing returns on that, since we're not actually running faster.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Uriah is faster than Enkidel is overland, at least for a while, but when you account for his need to rest he's slower than Enkidel over extremely long distances. Enkidel requires so much less rest that he can run potentially forever if needed, although resting is a good idea.

Just doing a thing and getting better at it implies that there's something you can physically improve upon, like your lung capacity or whatever. Both Enkidel and Uriah are in such good shape and literally super human to the point where they've already maxed that stuff out. Further improvements will come from additional super human enhancement, not training. Aaron didn't get as fast as he is because he ran a lot, he got that fast by being really blooded and having enough time for his super powers to kick in. For either Uriah or Enkidel to get faster they'll just have to wait for increasing buffs, and in Enkidel's case perhaps getting to the point where zero rest is required with no drawbacks for not resting.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 20, 2020

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Olothreutes posted:

Uriah is faster than Enkidel is overland, at least for a while, but when you account for his need to rest he's slower than Enkidel over extremely long distances. Enkidel requires so much less rest that he can run potentially forever if needed, although resting is a good idea.

Just doing a thing and getting better at it implies that there's something you can physically improve upon, like your lung capacity or whatever. Both Enkidel and Uriah are in such good shape and literally super human to the point where they've already maxed that stuff out. Further improvements will come from additional super human enhancement, not training. Aaron didn't get as fast as he is because he ran a lot, he got that fast by being really blooded and having enough time for his super powers to kick in. For either Uriah or Enkidel to get faster they'll just have to wait for increasing buffs, and in Enkidel's case perhaps getting to the point where zero rest is required with no drawbacks for not resting.

But we need to get a lot faster in general. Think when a behemoth is gonna crush us witha giant paw instead of votes saying "realize that youre gonna die here" they instead say "step out of the way and punch its head into orbit, your friends saw a blur and then the behemoths head disappeared into the sky"

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Sure it'd be great to be able to teleport but I don't really know what we, the voters, can do to get Enkidel to that power level beyond amassing more [???] and waiting

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Important theological question for team HUNGER: do we eat snarls first or is he our eternal dining companion?

Given what Snarls is to us - Do you nibble on your nails and eat your own boogers?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Crazycryodude posted:

Sure it'd be great to be able to teleport but I don't really know what we, the voters, can do to get Enkidel to that power level beyond amassing more [???] and waiting

More sparring and speed focused training

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Basscop posted:

Is that how it would work? I'm not sure accepting and playing by the rules lets you break them.

Could Enkidel be like Neo in that he needs to realize that attempting to excel within the bounds of Urthly physics is a fool's game? He needs to see BEYOND (which he can only do in a fugue state currently)

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Basscop posted:

But we need to get a lot faster in general. Think when a behemoth is gonna crush us witha giant paw instead of votes saying "realize that youre gonna die here" they instead say "step out of the way and punch its head into orbit, your friends saw a blur and then the behemoths head disappeared into the sky"

I'm of the opinion that this will happen over time, regardless of our particular training goals. Getting more ??? in the well seems to have many effects, and reflexes/speed are among them. Since physical strength appears to have mostly leveled off I think any gains now are going to translate to other areas like endurance or speed. We might be able to try and push some sort of allocation priority, or it may simply be that this is the way nephilim grow in power and that's that.

If we can try to adjust how it's allocated, to emphasize speed over toughness or endurance, I don't think the way we do that is training. We already spar with Uriah all the time and he crushes us while potentially going easy on us, and I think we trounce everyone else in Kavodel. I'm not sure how stepping that up will help, I think we'd have seen gains already if we were going to see them. It's not like we did loads of deadlifts to influence our physical strength growth, it just happened that way. At the same time our training with Ish seems to have the most effect as far as efficiency in our supernatural abilities, which increases to our reflexes and speed seem to be part of. Maybe it's Ish training we want?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Basscop posted:

I don't think that's how Enkidel works, like people said Aaron didn't get lightning fast by doing reflex drills he got lightning fast by waiting for his magical bullshit effects to grow to that point. There's no real indication that Enkidel's raw physical properties can be significantly improved right now beyond waiting for the passive buffs to scale, no matter how much we lift our muscles aren't getting stronger etc.

E: Beaten by Olo. Yeah, maybe if we train with Ish enough we'll unlock access to our control panel and can move the [???] currently in disease resistance over to reflexes and speed, but I doubt spending 10 hour a day sparring will do it. Especially when we really don't have a spare 10 hours anyways.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 20, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trying to get physically stronger is a losing proposition at this point.
If we want to get more powerful, we need to work out our Mystical Muscle so that we can use Super Moves without setting ourselves back 7 years of progress.

We need to concentrate our inner-potency.
Right now, it takes like a gallon of ??? to use our No Damage hack because our juice is thin. We need to work on that.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

the demons are after our precious bodily fluids, and are using sorcery to keep them thin and weak

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

friendly reminder that our sandals allow us to move forever until we stop and all the exhaustion et al catches up to us. at this point it doesn’t matter because that kind of upkeep on our body requires less than passive regen. we can do anything for effectively forever if we don’t stop moving our feet while doing it and then taking a huge power nap after.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TK-42-1 posted:

friendly reminder that our sandals allow us to move forever until we stop and all the exhaustion et al catches up to us. at this point it doesn’t matter because that kind of upkeep on our body requires less than passive regen. we can do anything for effectively forever if we don’t stop moving our feet while doing it and then taking a huge power nap after.

At this point, I think the Wall Walking and being able to alter our footprints are the two primary powers. Our Stamina hack isn't as necessary now that we can run full tilt for weeks at a time anyways.

I mean, I guess it'll be handy if we're in an Oh poo poo situation and have to run all the way from one end of the world to the other, but the ability is much more niche/circumstantial than it used to be.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

Someone (David's family I think?) invented seed drills last timeskip too, which in real life can be anywhere from a 5x to 9x modifier on crop yields. Between proliferating seed drills and wheelbarrows and the plant care tips we got from Amos/the Nikall priestess/Karnak I expect food yields to explode to an even more ludicrous level, and that's not factoring in what it does to all the other sectors of the economy. Wheelbarrows are also gonna make construction projects so much easier and our mines more productive, plus the mining tech obviously, and spirals should hopefully revolutionize carpentry if we can figure out a way to mass produce them. Big things coming on the horizon for Kavodel.

We're going to make EnkIKEAdel right

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Enkidel practices at stuff and gets better at it.
Same as regular people but the ceiling is much higher

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Hattie Masters posted:

It has been a looooooong time since I last posted in the thread. Like, 20000 posts long. I last caught up in August of last year, and today I caught up again. It's like seeing an old friend. I've missed you all, and I'm sure I'll be back to the wrongest voting soon!
Welcome back Hattie!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

Just remember that the effect of staving off hunger, thirst, and fatigue only works while walking. Enkidel doesn't benefit from that stuff if he so much as jogs, let alone runs.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Outrail posted:

:siren:get Snarls to smell and memorize all the stones before we see dad:siren:

Let’s do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Olothreutes posted:

Just remember that the effect of staving off hunger, thirst, and fatigue only works while walking. Enkidel doesn't benefit from that stuff if he so much as jogs, let alone runs.

Honestly I highly doubt if the sandals are as pedantic as this thread.