Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Smirr posted:

My upstairs neighbors' baby always cries a lot, but it started crying yesterday at 10 am, then cried all loving day with at most 20 minutes of rest in between, and it is now crying again. I can always hear the two (well, her) take care of the baby so it's not like they're dead or intentionally ignoring the situation. I guess I just wish they would finally shake it until it dies. And with that, gumo in der KW 18, lets steiger that Bruttosozialprodukt :buddy:

Looks like Smirr "Babyshaker" wasn't alone with his feelings. Please, don't shake the babies.
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/gewalt-gegen-kinder-in-der-corona-krise-verletzungen-wie-bei-autounfaellen/25834490.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don't shake babies unless a medical professional explicitly advises you to do it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Babies not having a reliable mute button except for shaking seems like a huge evolutionary oversight and I'm not even sure how we made it as a species like that. Imagine trying to sneak through a sabertooth's or rival homo sapiens gang's territory and suddenly your baby goes off.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

BVferG posted:

Ausland-Ausland-Fernmeldeaufklärung nach dem BND-Gesetz verstößt in derzeitiger Form gegen Grundrechte des Grundgesetzes

:hmmyes:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing all manner of critters silently took all those mute babies and deleted them from the gene pool

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Good news for Smirr:

Sueddeutsche Zeitung posted:

Köln will trotz der Corona-Krise 2021 Karneval feiern. Eine Komplettabsage sei "keine Option", erklärte das Festkomitee Kölner Karneval am Dienstag nach einer Treffen von rund 100 Präsidentinnen und Präsidenten. Klar sei, dass es 2021 ein Dreigestirn, ein Kinderdreigestirn, eine Proklamation und auch einen Umzug geben werde. Kölns oberster Karnevalist, Christoph Kuckelkorn, erklärte, das Fest sei in der Stadt ein "starkes verbindendes Element". "Diese soziale Kraft brauchen wir gerade schweren Zeiten wie jetzt.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
you would think that the omnipresent street soliciting would seize under the circumstances but no, I was angequatscht by no less than three organisations in my way to the supermarket just now. the wnf guy literally followed me in my space for like 5 meters before I had to tell him to gently caress off lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

KonvexKonkav posted:

Good news for Smirr:

Fun fact: Christoph Kuckelkorn owns a bunch of funeral parlors all around the city. Not to be all :tinfoil:, but follow the goddamn money, sheeple. Cui bono?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Fun fact: Christoph Kuckelkorn owns a bunch of funeral parlors all around the city. Not to be all :tinfoil:, but follow the goddamn money, sheeple. Cui bono?

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1261798123418128384

I sense a pattern.

Not to mention that the funeral industry both in 'murica and here has close ties to the churches who lobbied for opening up as well. :thunk:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Smirr posted:

lol that owns

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

Babies not having a reliable mute button except for shaking seems like a huge evolutionary oversight and I'm not even sure how we made it as a species like that. Imagine trying to sneak through a sabertooth's or rival homo sapiens gang's territory and suddenly your baby goes off.

Babies going "I guess that I am starving or in terrible pain but it's no big deal so I can just lay here not making a fuss" would not make for a big evolutionary winners.

Unfortunately babies crying are supposed to distress you. Otherwise it wouldn't be effective.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

oliwan posted:

you would think that the omnipresent street soliciting would seize under the circumstances but no, I was angequatscht by no less than three organisations in my way to the supermarket just now. the wnf guy literally followed me in my space for like 5 meters before I had to tell him to gently caress off lol

If I'd tell you what BWLler went kontakting as CV enhancement you would puke

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Libluini posted:

I'm guessing all manner of critters silently took all those mute babies and deleted them from the gene pool

I dunno. It's not like a baby has a dingo proximity detector. Once the dingo has the baby in its mouth and it starts cying, it's already way too late. You gonna write that baby off at that point. Doesn't seem like a mute button would change much.

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Babies going "I guess that I am starving or in terrible pain but it's no big deal so I can just lay here not making a fuss" would not make for a big evolutionary winners.

Unfortunately babies crying are supposed to distress you. Otherwise it wouldn't be effective.

Most other great ape children seem pretty chill and well adjusted compared to human babies. I don't think any of them do angry psychotic screaming 24/7 for absolutely no reason.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

I dunno. It's not like a baby has a dingo proximity detector. Once the dingo has the baby in its mouth and it starts cying, it's already way too late. You gonna write that baby off at that point. Doesn't seem like a mute button would change much.

Most other great ape children seem pretty chill and well adjusted compared to human babies. I don't think any of them do angry psychotic screaming 24/7 for absolutely no reason.

And you only see them locked up behind a fence while millions of the screaming monsters swarm around you:thunk:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm guessing the loud ones get shaken/eaten.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/zuherjazmati/status/1262676233315405825?s=20

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
If you pause at 7s they basically just spell out the N-word. Good job VW marketing.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

yikes

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/LaVieVagabonde/status/1262642641679855618?s=20

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Those prices are unbearable. The country needs to subsidize this essential product more.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

(looking at price) nice!!! neunundneunzig

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Yeah that ad is insane. Bet the outrage is gonna get a lot of „das wird man doch noch sagen dürfen“er to chuckle and buy a VW.

The white power hand gesture in the snip is just icing on the cake although that’s probably the most unintentional part of the whole thing. I dunno.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
uh ok

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hat der Heil seinen Vorschlag zur Neuregelung der Hartz IV Sanktionen vorgestellt?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Zwille posted:

Yeah that ad is insane. Bet the outrage is gonna get a lot of „das wird man doch noch sagen dürfen“er to chuckle and buy a VW.

The white power hand gesture in the snip is just icing on the cake although that’s probably the most unintentional part of the whole thing. I dunno.

I think the whole thing was intentional as it's probably a chud ad agency and Volkswagen are a bunch of complete idiots for whom the Internet still is Neuland.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Eezee posted:

If you pause at 7s they basically just spell out the N-word. Good job VW marketing.

what the everliving gently caress

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Sereri posted:

what the everliving gently caress

Tbf it also spells GERNE and REGEN (and GENRE)

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

What is the whole commercial even supposed to be about?

Moving the guy around and flicking him away?

I don't get it.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

DTurtle posted:

I don't get it.

Well I guess VW hired an AI to create "something that will increase twitter engagement".

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

pidan posted:

Well I guess VW hired an AI to create "something that will get attention on twitter".

Well, it's a slow newsday. Certainly nothing else VW-related that might warrant attention.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Niedersachsens Ministerpräsident Stephan Weil (SPD) sieht die Einigung im VW-Markt-Manipulationsverfahren positiv für das Unternehmen. Für Volkswagen sei es von Vorteil, dass auch diese Frage abschließend geklärt sei."

Wieso äußert sich der Penner überhaupt in seiner Rolle als Ministerpräsident dazu, da er ja von Amts--

"Die Entscheidung zu bewerten, sei aber nicht Sache der Landesregierung, so Weil, der als Vertreter des Landes Niedersachsen im VW-Aufsichtsrat sitzt."

ah. na dann

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Zwille posted:

The white power hand gesture

lmao

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

DTurtle posted:

I don't get it.

Perhaps he was crying too loud?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Einbauschrank posted:

Perhaps he was crying too loud?

Somebody better buy a cadillac.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

"Niedersachsens Ministerpräsident Stephan Weil (SPD) sieht die Einigung im VW-Markt-Manipulationsverfahren positiv für das Unternehmen. Für Volkswagen sei es von Vorteil, dass auch diese Frage abschließend geklärt sei."

Wieso äußert sich der Penner überhaupt in seiner Rolle als Ministerpräsident dazu, da er ja von Amts--

"Die Entscheidung zu bewerten, sei aber nicht Sache der Landesregierung, so Weil, der als Vertreter des Landes Niedersachsen im VW-Aufsichtsrat sitzt."

ah. na dann

This whole arrangement of having politicians in the Aufsichtsrat is thinly veiled corruption to protect VW from any proper consequence of criminal behaviour on their part.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Hopper posted:

This whole arrangement of having politicians in the Aufsichtsrat is thinly veiled corruption to protect VW from any proper consequence of criminal behaviour on their part.

Rejoice, soon there will be SPD-politicians in your Lufthansa-Aufsichtsrat, too. Talk about switching sinking ships.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Hopper posted:

It's not an arrangement, Niedersachsen is a major shareholder so they absolutely should have someone on the board. That they are probably not exercising any oversight and only buddy up with the other execs is the corrupt part.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
They should just put VW fully under staatliche Führung for their various criminal activities then.
That way they can't blackmail the government with "but we will have to fire people".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hopper posted:

They should just put VW fully under staatliche Führung for their various criminal activities then.
That way they can't blackmail the government with "but we will have to fire people".

Historically, Volkswagen might have actually committed more criminal activities while under staatliche Führung, though.