Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Great Britain?

Dammit, barely ten posts in on our Scandinavian empire theory crafting and we are already considering appropriating foreign territory

EDIT: Have a nice picture:

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Great Britain?
You could probably convince the Shetlands back into the fold and turn Lerwick into the world-leading metropolis it was always meant to be.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

big scary monsters posted:

You could probably convince the Shetlands back into the fold and turn Lerwick into the world-leading metropolis it was always meant to be.

Lervik, what a grand name for a capital

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

GyverMac posted:

Dammit, barely ten posts in on our Scandinavian empire theory crafting and we are already considering appropriating foreign territory
It is anti-imperialist action against the French colonial elite who occupy the island.

GyverMac posted:

That is very nice. You could put the capital on that island on the right.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Great Britain Danelagen?
Make Britain scandinavian again!

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Just put it in Svalbard and then make the entrance to the government building be guarded by polar bears.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

GyverMac posted:

Very beautiful! Where in Sweden is this? 🙂

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

GyverMac posted:

Is that one of those fake towns where all the wage slaves commute for an hour to get there and all the properties are either hipster cafes or airbnbs owned by mega corps?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Katt posted:

Is that one of those fake towns where all the wage slaves commute for an hour to get there and all the properties are either hipster cafes or airbnbs owned by mega corps?

It's probably one of those fake towns where the nature is really pretty, but only children and old people live there and the only establishment in the town is a gas station and a Joker housed in an ugly concrete building.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

imo we should build the capital of scandinavia on some bizarre island somewhere

Potrzebie posted:

Pepparholm is just perfect!

Detta, eller Ven

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

imo we should build the capital of scandinavia on some bizarre island somewhere

Anholt!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Randarkman posted:

It's probably one of those fake towns where the nature is really pretty, but only children and old people live there and the only establishment in the town is a gas station and a Joker housed in an ugly concrete building.

An eerily precise description of "Norges vakreste sted", Reine, except it's only a Circle K not a Joker.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/bjornsing/status/1262812558093942784

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

:thunk:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jag är inte sjuk
Jag är bara svensk~~ :yotj:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm still not entirely sure where to look for current travel recommendations in Sweden. I thought there was an advisory against travel to any other country in place until June?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm still not entirely sure where to look for current travel recommendations in Sweden. I thought there was an advisory against travel to any other country in place until June?

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se...vatperson-gora/

"Avstå från onödiga resor" "Råden gäller fram till 31 december 2020."

-MEN RESOR TILL NORGE DÅ?!?!?!!!

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

Potrzebie posted:

The swedes really still just want to gently caress with Norway I guess? But anyways, there's no travel allowed into Norway as far as I've understood and even Høyre have proposed a law to ban all incoming travel until 2021 unless I've missed something?

And to be honest, a lot of Norwegians have been complaining about not being allowed to their cabins in Sweden. You know.... pandemic but people think "min hytte.... andre får dra på hytta!!!"

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

abske_fides posted:

The swedes really still just want to gently caress with Norway I guess? But anyways, there's no travel allowed into Norway as far as I've understood and even Høyre have proposed a law to ban all incoming travel until 2021 unless I've missed something?

And to be honest, a lot of Norwegians have been complaining about not being allowed to their cabins in Sweden. You know.... pandemic but people think "min hytte.... andre får dra på hytta!!!"

I say let them leave but don't let them back in.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Great Britain?

*Hans Molemanishly* No, that's too bizarre.

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

Katt posted:

:confused:I don't think we have any of those i Northern Norway. Anyway exporting fish is what they live off there for now.

Randarkman posted:

"fake towns" loving lol

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Potrzebie posted:

The number of willfully ignorant people during this pandemic has been, well endemic. Remember when Ebba Busch went on her "They say to avoid unnecessary travels but what does that MEEEEEEEAN?! " rampage?

Stay. The gently caress. Home. How hard can it be.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

lilljonas posted:

The number of willfully ignorant people during this pandemic has been, well endemic. Remember when Ebba Busch went on her "They say to avoid unnecessary travels but what does that MEEEEEEEAN?! " rampage?

Stay. The gently caress. Home. How hard can it be.

BUT WHAT ABOUT MY SOMMARLOV ON VÄSTKUSTEN WITH BRÄNNVIN AND FULSEX???!??!!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Good ball by Dixon posted:

"fake towns" loving lol

Well I only said fake town because the post I quoted said that as well. I would assume my guess about what the town contains is pretty accurate.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Potrzebie posted:

It is gonna be a weird summer in Norway without obnoxious bartenders and waiters/waitresses running around yelling "tjena grabben" every five minutes

I think the whole nightlife and restaurant industry in Norway might collapse without cheap swedish labour!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

GyverMac posted:

It is gonna be a weird summer in Norway without obnoxious bartenders and waiters/waitresses running around yelling "tjena grabben" every five minutes

I think the whole nightlife and restaurant industry in Norway might collapse without cheap swedish labour!

God help us when Svenne-banan can’t go on cheap booze vacation down south and instead stays here all Summer. :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Apparently all of Scandinavia has tales of The Swede yet I never hear anything about norwegians or danes

Sometimes I hear of drunk fins

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Drunk Norwegians are absolutely a thing in northern Jutland. They arrive by the ferry from Oslo and get super drunk on inexpensive beer.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Zzulu posted:

Apparently all of Scandinavia has tales of The Swede yet I never hear anything about norwegians or danes

Visit Sopot on a Saturday evening and you can hear more drunken Norwegian being spoken than Polish. Generally you can fly to Gdańsk and back, get a hotel and enough beer to black out an entire weekend for the equivalent of three drinks and a kebab in Norway.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Zzulu posted:

It’s the great chain of scandi migration for cheeper booze and bars where your neighbours are sure to not see you act like a pig. Norwegians go to Sweden, Swedes go to Denmark, Danes go to Germany.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I just know that in the next election. The right wing will win major points by criticizing how Löfven handled the pandemic. Even though they would probably have done the same, minus any support for workers staying home sick.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Support? Also I'm a loving commie and I think Lofven should have fired Tegnell into the sun.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Morgondagens moderater med puls på dagens problem:

https://twitter.com/mufswe/status/1263140832812687360?s=21

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Katt posted:

I just know that in the next election. The right wing will win major points by criticizing how Löfven handled the pandemic. Even though they would probably have done the same, minus any support for workers staying home sick.

The reverse is true here, they're already hammering Frederiksen for overreacting and would absolutely have let more people die.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

SplitSoul posted:

The reverse is true here, they're already hammering Frederiksen for overreacting and would absolutely have let more people die.

Almost as if right-wingers only argue in bad faith and won’t think beyond their lobbyist’s stimulus package.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

lilljonas posted:

It’s the great chain of scandi migration for cheeper booze and bars where your neighbours are sure to not see you act like a pig. Norwegians go to Sweden, Swedes go to Denmark, Danes go to Germany.

And the Germans go to Poland haha.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

Almost as if right-wingers only argue in bad faith and won’t think beyond their lobbyist’s stimulus package.
SURELY you jest

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zzulu posted:

Apparently all of Scandinavia has tales of The Swede yet I never hear anything about danes

I'm a Norwegian. And the company I used to work with got bought up by Danish investors. It was a huge culture shock for us. We were used to having a flat hierarchy at my workplace, with a friendly and casual tone between workers, leaders and bosses. But the Danes would not have any of this. As a Union representant I found myself in the thick of things as the Danish owners fought with us to restructure the company into a micro managed hell hole. I knew things was about get real bad when in the first meeting between the union and the new leadership, the HR-lady told us "nu må du lige slappe af, det er ingen her som skal pule hinanden i røven!"** :stare: Yet, that is exactly what they did to us.

They quickly set up a strict hierarchy where the aim was to maximize production and to get rid of so called "slow-performers". Unfair production quotas, fingerprint sensors you had to use every time you left your workstation and a constant pressure for overtime became the norm. They seemed completely incredulous when we explained to them they cannot just step all over the workers like this, the union has to be consulted at every turn.
What followed was 3 years of almost constant conflict between the new owners and the union. People were getting sick left and right from the insane pressure and stress put upon them. At one point we had about 15% of the employees on sick leave. Things got even worse from there, and the company, who had been around since the early 90s went bankrupt after about 3.5 year under Danish leadership. 100 people going into the Covid-19 lockdown without a job. Ugh. Worst 3.5 years of my life.

TL/DR: Based on my personal experience Danes do not play nice, and workers rights are apparently optional to them

**Translation: "Aint nobody gonna gently caress each other in the rear end here"

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 22, 2020

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That is luckily not a universal Danish thing, holy hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I lust for the day those kinds of people are put in a gulag.