Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lmao I have it on good authority that the green lady coffee chain is reopening their cafes in june, including our state where restaurants haven't been allowed to reopen at any capacity yet, this owns, I love capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

major arteries .... blocked up .... chick fil a

lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

euphronius posted:

probably 30-40%

U6 unemployment at the end of April (it's a monthly report) was 22.8%

LOL that vertical line

https://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

snoo posted:

lmao I have it on good authority that the green lady coffee chain is reopening their cafes in june, including our state where restaurants haven't been allowed to reopen at any capacity yet, this owns, I love capitalism

To add to this, the coffee chain will be trading guaranteed catastrophe pay and $3/hour bonus for a small plexiglass sneeze guard. The pandemic is over, didn't you hear?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/bruce_y_lee/status/1263251219910397952

I love his articles

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

In all complete seriousness, why not reopen schools. The govt isn't doing poo poo and at some point one place of mass gathering is going to reopen, whether it be sports, school, churches, concerts or whatever else. And I'd rather have schools reopen than the others since they're more important

My 4 year olds pediatrician yesterday said she was worried about lack of socialization for kids right now and would rather they play than not

a school has more widely distributed points of contact with literally the entire community. everyone is a degree or two away from a kid! not everyone is so closely connected to suicidal sports fans!

but i guess we might as well open up literally the perfect spread vector, sure, why not.

i would be on board with the really young kids (4-9 or so) getting to go since the developmental milestones come fast and furious at those ages, they are a much smaller proportion of the kid population, and a year has a bigger impact, but like, most kids 10+ are gonna be fine dude. they'll just get on xbox with their friends or whatever.

Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Linux Nazi posted:

As much as I want to believe this, I'm pretty sure the line is for a testing center that is adjacent to that krispy kreme.

It’s real. Krispy Kreme had a promo on the 19th for all high school and college seniors to get a free box of donuts if they wore their cap and gown in the car.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Spoondick posted:

you can't get rona from using a drive-thru dummies, being in a car makes you immune to diseases, physical harm and obligations to treat others as humans

That's true, the steel frame effectively makes your car a filoviridae cage.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

brugroffil posted:

LOL that vertical line

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
If your car can't sit for 2 weeks without the battery dying you need a new battery or you need to figure out what's draining your battery.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Thank you Bruce Lee

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

brugroffil posted:

LOL that vertical line

So that was with 20.5M unemployment claims total by the end of April, we've added another 20M already this month, lmao

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

My 4 year olds pediatrician yesterday said she was worried about lack of socialization for kids right now and would rather they play than not

My one goal in life is to raise kids that aren't emaciated anti social weirdos like me so I have the same worry.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

mastershakeman posted:

In all complete seriousness, why not reopen schools. The govt isn't doing poo poo and at some point one place of mass gathering is going to reopen, whether it be sports, school, churches, concerts or whatever else. And I'd rather have schools reopen than the others since they're more important

it would be great to have kids go out and play and socialize, but unfortunately boomer grandparents have no respect for social distancing and it sucks

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

40 MILLION PEOPLE

WHERE'S OUR loving MONEY

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I got in my car for the first time in 2 weeks and made the unfortunate discovery that the rooftop fabric is now sagging

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

we are incredibly fortunate that summer vacation is hitting just as americans are suicide-diving off the corona cliff tbh

can't reopen schools when the year is already legally over

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mrs. Dash posted:

There's gotta be a food bank or something in that strip mall. I refuse to believe that many people would wait that long in line for a Krispy Kreme donut, objectively the worst of all the donuts.

:lol:

Krispy Kreme is the master of hype. I remember when the first one opened in the Seattle area in the early 00's, there was a wait about that long then too.

My parents love them because they have fond memories of them when they were kids, but yeah, the only reason to go to Krispy Kreme is when they hand you a free one fresh off the line and it's like inhaling sugar in gas form.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

euphronius posted:

I love that trump has destroyed the CDC

I would never trust the CDC. before truml it had like 99% trust on polls

yeah i'm looking forward to the CDC chuds pushing a vaccine in a month that's just saline and alka-seltzer

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

snoo posted:

40 MILLION PEOPLE

WHERE'S OUR loving MONEY

There will be no more money for individuals, and the extended unemployment benefits will be allowed to expire in July

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Business Gorillas posted:

yeah i'm looking forward to the CDC chuds pushing a vaccine in a month that's just saline and alka-seltzer

That's the best case scenario, saline at least won't give people heart attacks

Probably

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

fits my needs posted:

hahaha drat there's been articles for what decades now about teachers having to buy supplies for kids cuz no money for school

Fat cat teachers got a $250 deduction for those school supplies you know...

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

snoo posted:

40 MILLION PEOPLE

WHERE'S OUR loving MONEY

Jeff Bezos has it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

That's the best case scenario, saline at least won't give people heart attacks

Probably

Sodium's too expensive, potassium chloride is close enough - Jared finalizing the vaccine at the CDC

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Jazerus posted:

a school has more widely distributed points of contact with literally the entire community. everyone is a degree or two away from a kid! not everyone is so closely connected to suicidal sports fans!

but i guess we might as well open up literally the perfect spread vector, sure, why not.

i would be on board with the really young kids (4-9 or so) getting to go since the developmental milestones come fast and furious at those ages, they are a much smaller proportion of the kid population, and a year has a bigger impact, but like, most kids 10+ are gonna be fine dude. they'll just get on xbox with their friends or whatever.

i go to work daily and shop/go to the laundromat every week or two, literally the only times ive gotten sick in the last decade has been through someone at work that has kids that got sick

Iverron
May 13, 2012

snoo posted:

40 MILLION PEOPLE

WHERE'S OUR loving MONEY

friend, haven’t you heard the news!? work is reopened!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Thoguh posted:

The amount of coverage this one gym has received is probably the best single example of how hosed up the coverage of the 'freedom' chuds has been.

They're going to make more on a chud GoFundMe campaign than the past like 10 years of gym memberships.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jazerus posted:

we are incredibly fortunate that summer vacation is hitting just as americans are suicide-diving off the corona cliff tbh

can't reopen schools when the year is already legally over

We legit got best case timing on this outbreak. Holidays were over, but the NBA tests happened right before March madness which would have been super mega spreading. So only had to close school for 8-10 weeks and all summer to prepare.

Too bad we wasted it.

In all seriousness I don't even care anymore about school being a super vector. We have no plans to stop the spread, it appears the only goal is to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. After 6 months of infections that alone should be enough so that the big outbreaks in the fall don't hit as many people

This assumes immunity after infection but if there isn't immunity we're hosed anyways

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

snoo posted:

40 MILLION PEOPLE

WHERE'S OUR loving MONEY

The dems are on the case, giving you a means tested tax credit for each child of yours that starves to death!

Padams
Jun 30, 2000

I Have the Power

to turn your property's lights off
lmao. My job is still doing random drug tests even though 90% of us are working from home now. I got called to the main office for an alcohol test (done through spitting into a cup instead of a breathalyzer at least) and a piss test. My last random test was a year and a half ago. Had the joy of riding the subway to work in the midst of a pandemic and hanging out in a room with four other employees who had their masks hanging around their necks. Love to risk employees lives to make sure they aren’t smoking the devil’s lettuce.

Apparently the DOT drug test requirements have not been relaxed at all due to the pandemic. gently caress this stupid country. I hope I don’t get the roni from that.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

AnoHito posted:

The dems are on the case, giving you a means tested tax credit for each child of yours that starves to death!

https://twitter.com/ThirdWayKessler/status/1263199113052651521

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

we are 100% already letting out 5 yo play with other kids outside

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

AnoHito posted:

Except due to a provision championed by Joe Biden and republicans if you have any debt itll go towards that first, so the 50k student loans and 130k medical debt from your kid dying will eat it up before you ever see a cent. Thanks Joe!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

whew, glad this whole thing is finally over

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

euphronius posted:

congrats on the future 'roni

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
That one poster who announced that he tested positive yesterday, he mentioned his symptoms were subsiding. I hope he knows that "when symptoms subside" is when a lot of people are getting got. :ohdear:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

Yeah I'm letting him play with the 3 other kids his age if they all have their own scooter/tricycles/bicycles (so tend to be separated by zooming around and nothing to share) but nothing past that . But the local parents are grouping up for shared nannies starting June 1 and I feel like we're missing out, especially on the one house with a slide and swingset that we haven't been using. Sooner or later we just need to have kids over inside each other's houses , especially for the fortunate unemployed (me) to help the people still working who can't get anything done (give me money you wealthy dual incomes)

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I'm letting him play with the 3 other kids his age if they all have their own scooter/tricycles/bicycles (so tend to be separated by zooming around and nothing to share) but nothing past that . But the local parents are grouping up for shared nannies starting June 1 and I feel like we're missing out, especially on the one house with a slide and swingset that we haven't been using. Sooner or later we just need to have kids over inside each other's houses , especially for the fortunate unemployed (me) to help the people still working who can't get anything done (give me money you wealthy dual incomes)

At that point we might as well just all go back to normal tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

mastershakeman posted:

because it would result in the complete destruction of the education system instead of the partial destruction of it