Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh god if they animate the chapters that I hope they do, goddamn are we going to get primo Koyasu at his smuggest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think Iino will be better off with someone like Mikado after her ship chances with Ishigami sink.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Grouchio posted:

I think Iino will be better off with someone like Mikado after her ship chances with Ishigami sink.

I can only imagine the suffering Maki will go through of her brother gets a girlfriend.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Guys, stop! Shipping real life people is weird as gently caress! Call it matchmaking instead.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Supersonic Shine posted:

Guys, stop! Shipping real life people is weird as gently caress! Call it matchmaking instead.
Eh, could be worse. In México we have a couple of expressions for irl matchmaking which is "hacer de celestina/o" ("playing celestina/o"; could be reasonably translated to "Playing matchmaker") when you're being easy-going/friendly with the 2 sides of the equation. The more negative one is when you're being an "alcahueta" (which is often used to actually call pimps/madames here just that).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chapter 190 is out! (Imgur)

:siren: :siren: :siren:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

These are speedscans so the quality is a bit suspect if that matters to you.

I really hope this leads to Iino and Shirogane having a relationship like Kaguya and Ishigami.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ah.....yikes

Also yeah, I'd wait for a better translation. Gets a little...muddy in the middle

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

blessed ending

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

We’re in it now.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fujiwara would never say anything like that. Get outta town. :mad:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

This is truth that cannot be doubted.
Say it so:
Gaté,
gaté,
paragaté,
parasamgaté.
Bodhi!
Svaha!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Something that always puzzles me is when Buddhist stuff comes up in Japanese how translators decide what stuff to use romanized sanskrit for what I presume is maximum recognition among people who study internationalized Buddhism VS translating to English so that the meaning of the words can be brought across VS having the language match the setting (Like, if it's a historical Chinese or a Japanese Buddhist setting) so that it reflects the setting most strongly

religion is hard

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That panel where Iino talks about pain not being a real thing reminded me that I'm actually reading a horror manga.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I also love how that sort of stuff is exactly what would appeal to the anxiety-ridden, overachieving President

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

poor girl :(

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Maki's gonna have a friend!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Jaimini's version:

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/190/1

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

GATE GATE PARAGATE

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
hooooooh this is the best chapter in a while

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Prez fix this

you can fix this right

make everyone happy prez

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
no!! miko needs some growing to do!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For sure. She's positively tiny after all. :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oh god iino is unhappy. Thats the opposite of what i wamt for her.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Coaaab posted:

no!! miko needs some growing to do!

not like this

she doesnt have any parents around and she's already super self-destructive

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations
Man, Iino's been like real depressed for so long now. :smith:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I AM THE MOON posted:

not like this

She has no viable alternative this year.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I know Osarsgi doesn't want Miko to fall for Ishigami, but to completely shut down her attempt to talk about her feelings is just... Oof.

Hopefully Pres will be able to hear her out.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

I AM THE MOON posted:

not like this

she has yet to hit rock bottom, depending on how tsubame feels about everying, miko might reach the point of ugly meltdown during this arc

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Now that hayasaka is out of the suffering Olympics can miko's downward spiral or subject f's impending meltdown when she learns everyone knew about Shirogane and kaguya but her beat Maki the reigning champion?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just thought today of the bit in chapter 140 where tsubame says 'three months until my answer' and iino puts the heart keychain in the lost and found, which has a note that items unclaimed for three months are fair game. if it's february now, we might be a couple in canon weeks away from a big blow up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite part in all of that is how Ishigami doesn't realize what he did until way after the fact and everyone is all like "Yo! I thought this guy was a total dweeb. But he loving 'fessed up to one of the Impossible Girls! DOPE AF!"

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Wark Say posted:

My favorite part in all of that is how Ishigami doesn't realize what he did until way after the fact and everyone is all like "Yo! I thought this guy was a total dweeb. But he loving 'fessed up to one of the Impossible Girls! DOPE AF!"

I still don't think he knows the full extent of what he did.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i just thought today of the bit in chapter 140 where tsubame says 'three months until my answer' and iino puts the heart keychain in the lost and found, which has a note that items unclaimed for three months are fair game. if it's february now, we might be a couple in canon weeks away from a big blow up.

i think you missed something.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

dang, i totally did. or maybe iino’s passion was so great she couldn’t beartowaitanynevermind.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The Speedscans for Chapter 191 are out if you don't want to wait for a better translation.

It's a Papagane chapter.

With a loving Bomb at the end.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I got 9 figure debt but my son is going to Stanford I'm really running out of money is the new light novel that I'm working on.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
End of Secrets arc? End of Secrets arc.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tsubame, breaking the truth to Ootomo is only going to infuriate Ishi :milk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tsubame, no! What are you doing? That "shut up, stuuupid!" is coming back to haunt Ishigami, isn't it?