Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

edit: lamest snipe have quarantine birds instead

Raine has issued a correction as of 23:34 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

indigi posted:

yeah it's definitely not medical schools and insurance companies doing this

well and also licensing associations, which along with medical schools have a lot of... physicians

from what I know the state medical board can pretty much limit the total # of licenses as much as it wants

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Admiral Ray posted:

$69 minimum wage is super needed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ebola Roulette posted:

Someone I know is having a full on wedding and reception.

In Iowa.

In 2 weeks.

Some of the people going are from counties where like 2% of the population have tested positive.

:tif:

Play the Ghana funeral dance song at the wedding reception

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
It was several years ago, should be much higher by now

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Zberan Madowinty posted:

even republicans don't care about alabama, that's why this is hardly getting any coverage outside of maybe 4 minutes a day, but here's that 4 minutes:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1263579317935603712

It's getting loving bad.

I was baffled how a metro area could be running out of beds already so I wanted to read more, found this:

https://www.al.com/news/2020/05/montgomery-running-out-of-icu-beds-as-coronavirus-cases-double-in-may.html

quote:

About 40 percent of his patients have been between the ages of 25 and 40. And although older people are more likely to die from the virus, he said he has treated many younger patients, including a couple hairstylists. Some of his younger patients haven’t survived.

Welp.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
I love the bit in C-SPAM where we start making Enemies Lists

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Often Abbreviated posted:

you just bought yourself a bump up the list

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Often Abbreviated posted:

:rip: everyone who makes more money than average rent

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I'm trying to make an easy list of what the gently caress America is doing so correct my wrongness but are people:

- losing their jobs
- going on unemployment
- having work deemed essential to force people off unemployment
- being forced to work/cater to chuds without PPE
- eating beans and long pig hoping they don't catch the roni from a coughing chud wearing a mask over their nose

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Yes minus the long pig, that comes later

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1262890727568289792/pu/vid/640x640/RbuSOUbtnR9xSbCW.mp4

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1263595540861739008

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

burned down WITH arson, not FROM arson

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

this will change once Fox News harps on it every day for oh, the next four months

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Squizzle posted:

APPROVED
rambler
rabble-rouser
do-gooder
person who outwits the devil in a folk tale
vigilante
art making person
master of the flying guillotine
horse

kater
Nov 16, 2010

power word- Jeb! posted:

burned down WITH arson, not FROM arson

lol that seems so obviously fraud, I'd expect it to be catching.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Admiral Ray posted:

$15 minimum wage is super needed

what we need is a ubi plus free public housing, education, and healthcare

possibly food too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I’ve been 100% wfh since March 13th and I’ve expected work from home when necessary privileges as a condition of employment for eight years

same but from 3/16

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Those are very low numbers for something everybody should be in favor of even when no pandemic is going on. The US has extremely low voter turnout, things need to change.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kater posted:

I was baffled how a metro area could be running out of beds already so I wanted to read more, found this:

https://www.al.com/news/2020/05/montgomery-running-out-of-icu-beds-as-coronavirus-cases-double-in-may.html

Welp.

Jesus Christ

Serf
May 5, 2011

got a full staff meeting tomorrow, they're either gonna tell us to come back to the office or tell us who is being furloughed. alternatively it could be both lol. they told us earlier that 83 vacant positions have been eliminated to save on money because we're seeing a 10% budget reduction across the board. and enrollment is down and spiraling further. rip higher education and maybe my job

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

uncurable mlady posted:

like 4-5k a month

4-5k per month might get you a two bedroom apartment in the bay area, lol. not a 3 bedroom SFH

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

clockwork chaos posted:

I work retail and am lucky if me and my spouse make $25k for the whole year haha lmao

Yesh posted:

I'm trying to make an easy list of what the gently caress America is doing so correct my wrongness but are people:

- losing their jobs
- going on unemployment
- having work deemed essential to force people off unemployment
- being forced to work/cater to chuds without PPE
- eating beans and long pig hoping they don't catch the roni from a coughing chud wearing a mask over their nose

yes

yes

not in my state, but if you were furloughed and not laid off and they recall you and you say no, your employer can report you to the state dept of labor and you could be thrown off unemployment.

sort of, gotta wear a mask if you go into a store here, but it’s up to the store to enforce.

no - grocery stores in my area are well stocked, limit 2 family packs of fresh meat in my area.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
did it ever come out that bitchell had covid? pretty random that he'd just get a spontaneous saddle PE (unless he also has unknown cancer or something :twisted:)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

kater posted:

Welp.

Isn't MS the most or second most obese in the country?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Uuudar posted:

did it ever come out that bitchell had covid? pretty random that he'd just get a spontaneous saddle PE (unless he also has unknown cancer or something :twisted:)

Bill got sick and better within 24 hours. He was just lying about the whole thing for attention.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

What this poll undersells is that on every single question ~15% of people said either, “I don’t know,” “neither of the fuckers,” “BERNIE *click*,” or “Please help me, my family is dying”

Trumps Baby Hands has issued a correction as of 23:53 on May 21, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

zegermans posted:

I love how this forum is like 50% extremely poor people struggling and 50% beltway people making six figures

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

It's kind a baffling how little the Democrats and Biden have been able to steer public discourse. Both seem entirely gone from the conversation (with the exception of brief interludes, like Pelosi bragging about her freezer full of ice cream)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lambert posted:

It's kind a baffling how little the Democrats and Biden have been able to steer public discourse. Both seem entirely gone from the conversation (with the exception of brief interludes, like Pelosi bragging about her freezer full of ice cream)

the last time I heard Biden say anything he said trump needs to be more heroic

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Inceltown posted:

Bill got sick and better within 24 hours. He was just lying about the whole thing for attention.

awww, i was peripherally following on twitter and it seemed like he was hospitalized for a few days, which would make sense for getting him on lovenox versus noac or coumadin or something. figured even if he got all clotty from covid he'd never fess up to it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Admiral Ray posted:

$15 minimum wage is super needed

25k is about what i make making a bit over 15/hr for 40hrs a week at amazon after taxes lol 15hr is nothing

btw the 2x hazard pay overtime must have pissed someone off because we now need regional management approval to work more than 10.5hrs a day lol that's gonna gently caress poo poo up throughout the tristate soon since so much of all of the packages that move around michigan some of canada most of ohio etc basically only happens as well as it does because like 3 people who are good at their job like getting ot pay on the regular lmao

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, I don't get the argument behind "everything being over" when the data from the last few days showed first stabilization and now relative increases. The data is already starting to show we are at the beginning of a second-wave.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

The reason that you probably won't see a massive swing at once is many people are staying in doors and not going to public places. However, there are enough people to keep not only the infection going but increases AND that traffic will not be enough to make business feasible in the long-term.

It is a worse of both worlds scenario.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

imagine being successful and you're in the hospital rushing everyone on ventilators out. it's just a flu, man! get it together, move your rear end!!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

power word- Jeb! posted:

possibly food too

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i was working as a salaried manager at a bakery up until i stepped down

i made about 28k a year after taxes and i was working about 20 hours of unpaid overtime a week

it loving sucked, never take a salaried position in food service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

power word- Jeb! posted:

possibly food too

senate says lol no