Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Finish it

Or I guess finnish it
:newlol:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welcome to the automotive industry 💀

God, i'd love working in that industry if i didn't hate cars so much.

aphid_licker posted:

I am very cautiously curious about Kotzenkorva

How sweet is it?
Not very sweet at all. It tastes of quite solid Lakritze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

Not very sweet at all. It tastes of quite solid Lakritze.

Nice. Gotta try that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

:thunk:

Healbot fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 21, 2020

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

I'm calling the cops

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Scientists "We can't open Kindergarten because Kids don't have the mental capacity to understand the need to distance"

Me to my 4 year old granddaughter earlier today: "What's that tattoo on your hand?"

Her: "It's because of the virus. You know, in Kindergarten we get a stamp on the hand. It is either a ladybug or a hedgehog. So we remember to only use the ladybugs toilets, wash hands in the ladybugs sinks and stay in the ladybugs room. Kids with the hedgehog have to use hedgehog things.
We also get a sun on the other hand. This is so we wash our hands really good because the sun is gone when they are clean."

Meanwhile grown adults are out there protesting against measures ment to protect us all.

EDIT: My pone really hates me to spread such lies about my carbon footprint and my age. It is my GODdaughter not" granddaughter".

I don't have kids my footprint conscience is clear.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 22, 2020

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Hopper posted:

Scientists "We can't open Kindergarten because Kids don't have the mental capacity to understand the need to distance"

Me to my 4 year old granddaughter earlier today: "What's that tattoo on your hand?"

Her: "It's because of the virus. You know, in Kindergarten we get a stamp on the hand. It is either a ladybug or a hedgehog. So we remember to only use the ladybugs toilets, wash hands in the ladybugs sinks and stay in the ladybugs room. Kids with the hedgehog have to use hedgehog things.
We also get a sun on the other hand. This is so we wash out hands really good because the sun is gone when they are clean."

Meanwhile grown adults are out there protesting against measures ment to protect us all.

We should adopt this hedgehog / ladybug / sun system nationwide for all ages.

Also, having a granddaughter must be really bad for your carbon footprint.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you put it like that it hardly seems necessary to stretch the idea to seven books.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

pidan posted:

Also, having a granddaughter must be really bad for your carbon footprint.

Grandparents are Umweltsäue, it is known.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

My balconies were already there when I moved in, I’m also living in an Altbau, so I don’t think there’s much evil Beton verbaut here. We’re also living zu dritt in a Dreizimmerwohnung, don’t have a car and never fly, so there!

I do admit to a love of meat (bought exclusively at the local bougie nose-to-tail-Metzger with his own Biohof, but still) and a penchant for consumer products. Turns out I don’t just have a hankering for an espresso maker, I’d also really like to finally own a bicycle. Why do good ones cost like 6k though? gently caress that, I can only justify that once I get a new job and stop commuting by train (please please please please)

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Really hoping you misspelled motorcycle there!

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
6k for a bicycle? Are you nuts?

Edit: ok, if you are willing to pay 2k for a espresso machine, it checks out

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

The reflectors are made of shiny Rolex watches, what do you expect?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Reminder that Wengy lives in Switzerland, a quick look at a random bike Velo shop in Bern's webpage shows that virtually all of their Erwachsenenfahrräder lie somewhere in the 2000-5000 Franken range

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That's still a bit high. Nabendynamo, good saddle, good brakes sum up to about 1k to 1.5k€. If you go higher and it's not an ultra light racing bike you are insane.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lmao 6k for a bicycle jesus fickender christus just go to Ösi- or Deutschland and buy a bike there

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

System Metternich posted:

Reminder that Wengy lives in Switzerland, a quick look at a random bike Velo shop in Bern's webpage shows that virtually all of their Erwachsenenfahrräder lie somewhere in the 2000-5000 Franken range

German kleine Fahrradläden for bougie boomers are basically the same. The one near me doesn't even have anything below 999,-(Schnäpchen aus see Werbung!).

Gotta look at the equivalent of real, Stadler or Decathlon to get bike prices for regular people.

e: decathlon is in Switzerland and their prices are basically the same. Mountain bike for 250 CHF
e: also, forgot to lmao at the 6k bicycle. Jfc, that's just obscene

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 22, 2020

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

ephex posted:

lmao 6k for a bicycle jesus fickender christus just go to Ösi- or Deutschland and buy a bike there

Or wait for Aldi Suisse to have one for sale. They recently had this probably mediocre E-Bike for 1300 Fränkli.
https://www.aktionis.ch/deals/e-bike-mit-mittelmotor-25

Edit: And at least in Germany you can always drive to a city with a university to buy a stolen used bike for 50€.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 22, 2020

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you can find good sub-1k bikes in switzerland, just have to either assemble parts of it yourself or transport it yourself

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
wtf 6k for a bike

for 6k you could probably fly to thailand and get wheels surgically implanted in your arse

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Sulla Faex posted:

wtf 6k for a bike

for 6k you could probably fly to thailand and get wheels surgically implanted in your arse

Think of the emissions!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Think of the emissions!

I don't want to think about arse emissions.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
And I got told off for buying a 800€ bicycle...

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Which uptier bike accessories are worth it? I have a sieben-Gang Nabenschaltung, which is the lowest they had and seems fine, and the normal (Felgen-) brakes, which also seem fine. But I ride at aggressively Oma speeds.

Don't think you can still get a non-Nabendynamo but Nabendynamo is insanely worth it.

The whole bike cost 399 iirc and still works great except I'm sitting on the plastic skeleton of the saddle but it's not like I'm gonna need that Zeugungsfähigkeit.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

System Metternich posted:

THANK U

Also, all that carbon isn’t cheap. If I buy a bike, I want it to basically last me as long as humanly possible!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I’m not QUITE willing to go for it just yet, that’s the thing

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Hopper posted:

And I got told off for buying a 800€ bicycle...

800€ is a reasonable price for a basic bike if you actually use it a lot. If you are just using it for your weekly trip to Aldi and an occasional tour on the 1. Mai, you can go a lot cheaper.
6000€ is a ridiculous price though unless you are a professional racer. Starting at 1500€ you get rapidly diminishing returns for your investment and you are just buying more expensive stuff because you really like biking.

aphid_licker posted:

Which uptier bike accessories are worth it? I have a sieben-Gang Nabenschaltung, which is the lowest they had and seems fine, and the normal (Felgen-) brakes, which also seem fine. But I ride at aggressively Oma speeds.

Don't think you can still get a non-Nabendynamo but Nabendynamo is insanely worth it.

The whole bike cost 399 iirc and still works great except I'm sitting on the plastic skeleton of the saddle but it's not like I'm gonna need that Zeugungsfähigkeit.

A good saddle is worth it. Brooks makes nice leather and non-leather saddles. Those will be uncomfortable for a while since they don't have a Polsterung, but the leather will conform to your body shape after a while. If you spend a lot of time in the saddle you really want to sit on your sitbones instead of the squishy meat parts you got down there. Leather isn't great for standing around in the rain though, so they also make saddless out of Kautschuk.

Otherwise my favorite accessory are these bottle holders. Nobody can convince me those are not cool :catbert:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

6k is in the cheap range for professional bikes hth

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Healbot posted:

If you buy a 6000€ bike one of these things better be true:
- You make a living as a bicycle racer
- It's some kind of fancy mountain bike
- A sports car is too expensive for your midlife crisis
- The bike is hand crafted by a 12th generation bike artisan

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You have to splurge a bit to get those platinum cables. They totally give a more consistent power supply to the light. Also, the only way to make those wheels really airtight is to build the cap of the ventil out of diamond. If you don't make that iinitial investment, you will have to replace that cap every decade or so.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
With all you big spenders out here, I'm sure there's one guy who goes on cruises and sees nothing wrong with that.

C'mon, don't hold out on us. Give us the takes. :kheldragar:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Healbot posted:

This guy gets it

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Though tbf I’m not a professional at all, I’d just cruise around my neighborhood and my city. But what can I say, I love nice things!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

German kleine Fahrradläden for bougie boomers are basically the same. The one near me doesn't even have anything below 999,-(Schnäpchen aus see Werbung!).

My bike came from a small German bike shop and cost the interstellarly huge sum of 300 buckazoids.

I can only conclude that your shop is poo poo

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Germoney discussion/dogpile: the Swiss have to many balconies & monies

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Randler posted:

With all you big spenders out here, I'm sure there's one guy who goes on cruises and sees nothing wrong with that.

C'mon, don't hold out on us. Give us the takes. :kheldragar:

I am not Burt :colbert:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

pidan posted:

If you buy a 6000€ bike one of these things better be true:
- You make a living as a bicycle racer
- It's some kind of fancy mountain bike
- A sports car is too expensive for your midlife crisis
- The bike is hand crafted by a 12th generation bike artisan

Yes, expensive bikes are sometimes made of expensive material and built by people famous for supplying the winning product to athletes (bicycles mainly, not PEDs).

Seeing ropekids twitter feed I can also say with confidence it's a pretty freaking deep market.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://fightcovid19.hku.hk/hku-hamster-research-shows-masks-effective-in-preventing-covid-19-transmission/

quote:

Tests on hamsters showed wearing surgical masks can significantly reduce the non-contact transmission of the deadly Covid-19 virus, especially when masks were worn by infected individuals, according to a study led by HKU infectious disease expert Prof Yuen Kwok-yung.
:3:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Masks are also really good at keeping pollen out of my nose so I kind of hope wearing them will stay acceptable forever.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
So they sewed tiny little face masks for the hamsters? (I guess not but it's a happy little thought)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My mask has a little pouch in it to put a filter in

I might stick some kinda Kühlakku in there, this thing is hot and uncomfortable as gently caress now that it's becoming summer.