Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Failson posted:

Trump threatening states directly now. Okay.

One minute closer to midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Failson posted:

Trump threatening states directly now. Okay.

he's been doing this since January 2017

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

solidarityforever posted:

that's my big worry, that if we break into a civil war, that native american nations will be hosed over. .

that's already happening now. you don't really have to worry about it maybe happening

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Spergin Morlock posted:

also they're extremely over-represented among special forces in the military. guerrilla warfare would be a nightmare there. the terrain doesn't help

What the gently caress? Mormon snipers and knife assassins and poo poo? But they're so nice

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

There's a ton of LDS members in intelligence agencies, too

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1263174915341123585?s=20

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Maximo Roboto posted:

There's a ton of LDS members in intelligence agencies, too

the angel moroni said 2 get some intelligence lmao :smugdon:

solidarityforever
May 11, 2020

I will never jeopardize the beans

Atrocious Joe posted:

that's already happening now. you don't really have to worry about it maybe happening

well even more so than they are now.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress? Mormon snipers and knife assassins and poo poo? But they're so nice

they generally don't drink or do drugs and are really good about following authority even when said authority is questionable

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

elysium is a documentary

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

They must have been asleep since 1493, lmao

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Broke: Worrying about Native American nations getting completely wiped out. in reality anyone trying would witness the bastard child of Little Bighorn & Bay of Pigs, after being raised by Op Gideon

Woke: Getting sound sleep with the knowledge that aliens are real, are watching what the demon cracker savages are doing to a world they want to chill out on, and are pissed the gently caress off and what they're about to do to the crackers will make the last 500 years look like My Little Pony.

staticman has issued a correction as of 20:31 on May 21, 2020

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
poo poo like Standing Rock is not a good indication of how we would respond in actual direct confrontations with people actively trying to kill us

the tribal elders actually specifically instructed people not to bring weapons of any kind; you weren't even supposed to have them at camp, and definitely not on the protest line. camp security was very strict about it. the only protester who brought a gun turned out to have been an FBI informant. that doesn't mean people didn't have them, it means they were actively trying not to provoke a fight with the US government, because it would not have served a beneficial purpose. if the National Guard had rolled in with live ammunition on day one the tribe would have handled that differently - and, in a hypothetical balkanization scenario where whoever is trying to roll onto reservation land is doing so without the backing of the full might of the US military, you can expect the reaction to be much different.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

staticman posted:

Getting sound sleep with the knowledge that aliens are real... and what they're about to do to the crackers will make the last 500 years look like My Little Pony.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hants

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

A4R8 posted:

As a Californian Nationalist, we must build a wall to keep the conservatives out.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I'm late to this and a loving idiot to boot, but how come there aren't more legit separatist movements in the US? Considering the skewed senate, two party system, presidency and supreme court etc. None of that poo poo looks fixable to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'm late to this and a loving idiot to boot, but how come there aren't more legit separatist movements in the US? Considering the skewed senate, two party system, presidency and supreme court etc. None of that poo poo looks fixable to me.

every american already feels like a unique monad apart from society

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Apathy: Netflix and your drug of choice does a good job of numbing the pain
Fear: The state is very clear on just how much violence it can inflict
Propaganda: The "end of history" bit is a meme in CSPAM, but majority of the US believes it. This is the best of all possible worlds to them.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The Civil War.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The murder/convenient suicides of all the civil rights leaders from the 50s till now

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

A lack of an identifiable enemy.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Because a lot of the separatist movements are right-wing insane racist freaks and, as much as CSPAM leftists might think, the majority of US people actually hold views somewhat left of the average centrist Democrat.

Source: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/10/23/in-polarized-era-fewer-americans-hold-a-mix-of-conservative-and-liberal-views/

DrSunshine has issued a correction as of 20:51 on May 22, 2020

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
The chief characteristic of the settler-nation is it's parasitism. By definition it cannot stamd alone.

The non-parasite classes of this country do have separatist movements -- in Hawaii, the indian nations, black nationalists, etc.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

from the CA thread:

Class Warcraft posted:

Just thought I'd share this anecdotal evidence about Nation-State California:

My 8th grade history students just finished learning about the Civil War so I shared with them a recent article showing that the popularity of secession from the United States is on the rise, with 25% of the US population today is in favor of their state leaving the union.

I asked them to respond with a half-page on whether they think states should be able to leave the United States and the vast majority of them said yes and expressed the opinion that California would be better off on it's own.

:unsmigghh::ca:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rah! posted:

from the CA thread:

lol god drat

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Scrree posted:

The chief characteristic of the settler-nation is it's parasitism. By definition it cannot stamd alone.

The non-parasite classes of this country do have separatist movements -- in Hawaii, the indian nations, black nationalists, etc.

noted non parasites the white planters of the south

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Rah! posted:

from the CA thread:

the kids are alright

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Peanut President posted:

It is for this reason that some days I really do just wake up and am compelled to suppress the urge to scream "I have got to get the gently caress out of the south before it is too late". I don't want to have to make the choice between committing taqiyya and pretending to be a chud post balk, or go loud and join the vastly-expanded slave labor system that will undoubtedly arise with the end of 13th Amendment protections.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The people most inclined to that sentiment are winning and have been for decades

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Peanut President posted:

you're proving scrree's point, the Confederacy lasted less than five years and from 1864 it existed only nominally

the Confederates arguably won in the long run, by defeating reconstruction and ensuring the continuation of white supremacy for the next 150 years, but they did so as part of the United States

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

all cuz of that loving Rutherfraud B Hayes

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Confederate ideology is the ruling ideology of this country so I would say that they won. They did have to sacrifice de-jure chattel slavery but the American system is full of ways to keep people in chains (either through the prison / legal system, exploiting immigrants, or old fashioned wage slavery)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Mister Bates posted:

you're proving scrree's point, the Confederacy lasted less than five years and from 1864 it existed only nominally

the Confederates arguably won in the long run, by defeating reconstruction and ensuring the continuation of white supremacy for the next 150 years, but they did so as part of the United States

five years is still longer than any other secessionist movement in the us

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also the yankees won the war so you can't blame the south for systemic racism in california/ny/mass/michigan sorry

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

Confederate ideology is the ruling ideology of this country so I would say that they won. They did have to sacrifice de-jure chattel slavery but the American system is full of ways to keep people in chains (either through the prison / legal system, exploiting immigrants, or old fashioned wage slavery)

yeah the yankees definitely didnt have prisons, wage slavery or exploit immigrants before the south forced it on them

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Rah! posted:

from the CA thread:

How many of those kids are REAL Californians. People who's parents or grandparents were born in the state. Cuz Even before California's inception people have been trying to break it up, make it seem like a world or just generally keep it out to the point where California was a major factor that started the Civil because the South wanted the state to become a slave state.

California will never separate. Really what should happen is: Washington DC should be torn down, and a new DC erected in California to get the US government as far away as possible from people still impotently fighting the civil war.

Edit: California is home to the culture that is the oldest European culture in the united states. It was here first. It should be in charge.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 18:59 on May 23, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

No true californian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Peanut President posted:

also the yankees won the war so you can't blame the south for systemic racism in california/ny/mass/michigan sorry

The song about this was when I realized Randy Newman has an incredibly powerful soul of a poster