Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

fishing with the fam posted:

Ever since the quarantine started I have seen a sharp uptick in the number of oh-i-have-to-poops that turned out to be false alarm gas.

Anyone else's bowel habits changing?

This is important.

:itwaspoo:

Quality page snype lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

EA Sports posted:

we are born in america inundated with the entertainments of the screen. we learn that our emotions and drives are less interesting to us as an element of our humanity but rather as tools to decipher the entertainments. a dull flat mindlessness, devoid of ambition, sold ideas of chemical imbalances by industries that convinced you happiness is in a pill. only the half hearted incompetence of mimicry could exist in such a nation.

if anything, we need more karens to shine the light.

*reads this in a Martin Luther King jr voice*

:goofy:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ever since the quarantine started I have seen a sharp uptick in the number of oh-i-have-to-poops that turned out to be false alarm gas.

This is important.

Stress hormones can cause bad shits and farts, you aren't imagining it, stay safe fardy goon.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

at the same time aren't there also increasing non-corona deaths due to people being unable to get medical treatment for other conditions? i know several people who had chemo postponed, for example, and a lot of important surgeries have been delayed or cancelled as well

Yes and its impossible to tell, as that number is very political now. I know suicide hotline calls are up 600%+. But I've seen nothing about suicides.

Domestic violence and abuse is a nightmare right now though for sure.

I'm all for places opening up, provided they don't force people outside. Which currently seems like you're either forced outside or forced inside.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

This is important.

It turns out the TP hoarders were right.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I had a dream last night that I tested positive for covid and one of the highlights was posting on this thread that I "tested positive toward the positive"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

mrfart posted:

Haha, That’s my wife. She’s wearing a straw hat, but you can see whatever you want to see. :)

What I want to see is a bald lady with a mustache and a big penis

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

bird with big dick posted:

Turn off your monitor

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

This is important.

Bowel habit changes are a common symptom of lack of exercise.

Also of covid.

Good luck out there!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

This is important.

I now poop throughout the day instead of my no-pooping from 7am-4:30pm since I'm usually at school during those hours on weekdays and our restroom situation is laughable.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This is important.

I think I’ve become more regular.

Sjs00 posted:

Turn off your monitor

Pretty close tbh :hf:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Be the change you want to see in the world

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

There's nothing wrong with shooting for the sky in these trying times.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I woke up and saw this spike and got scared this morning. Then later this morning getting gas I was held up in line this by a really old guy with a walker and no mask trying to convince the cashier she didn't need one because its a medical fact that now its summer the virus is destroyed and hes worked at tampa general hospital for 50 years so he knows everything about it. A week or so ago another guy in a gas station buying beer at like 10 am yelling some poo poo about the bill gates virus.

My parents just booked $8000 summer cruise tickets last week my mom said "you gotta live". Theyre 75 year old who both use CPAP and sleep sitting up.

I should be getting my antibody results back anytime, Im pretty sure I got it in March. I really hope so because it was bad and i hope I have some immunity to it because i dont want to get it again. Two of the three guys I work part time with stripping cars both told me they are sick yesterday.

Stressful times goons! Ahhhh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah Florida is hosed, let this be a lesson for every other red state to ignore.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Fallows posted:

My parents just booked $8000 summer cruise tickets last week my mom said "you gotta live". Theyre 75 year old who both use CPAP and sleep sitting up.

im sorry that your mom has irony poisoning and actually wants to die. thats super rad!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
My mom got tested 9 days ago in Ontario. Just got the test results back today. Negative thankfully, but why did it take that long? 2 weeks after opening up garden centers and golf courses and stuff and we’ve had 4 days in a row of case increases, today was the highest in two weeks. Yet we are still planning on opening up more non essential stores. Cool cool.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Fallows posted:

I didn't even know it was still possible to go on a cruise?
I honestly don't get why people want to go on one even normally, let alone in these plague times. almost like some weird political statement, which of course, the virus will 100% listen to.

Sorry about your parents, though, I hope they'll be ok.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

My mom got tested 9 days ago in Ontario. Just got the test results back today. Negative thankfully, but why did it take that long? 2 weeks after opening up garden centers and golf courses and stuff and we’ve had 4 days in a row of case increases, today was the highest in two weeks. Yet we are still planning on opening up more non essential stores. Cool cool.

That does seem abnormally long. I work in a hospital and had a COVID scare and I had my results in 12 hours. I know it's a different process in that case but I'd still expect the normal pipeline to get back in a few days at most.

But yeah these spikes are only going to get worse now the weather is nice and everyone is crowding outside again. In a normal year, having snow in May is loving awful but at least this time it kept everyone inside.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 22, 2020

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Fallows posted:

My 90 something year old grandma just invited me to a "Quarantine is Over!" Party she's having. I told her even if she didn't live in an old folks home, that is a terrible idea. She's normally really good about listening to facts and acting reasonable, but I think she's lonely as hell. I'm sure I'll get all sorts of angry Facebook messages later though.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tbh if I were 75 or especially 90 I wouldn't give a gently caress either.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

I Love You! posted:

Bowel habit changes are a common symptom of lack of exercise.

Also of covid.

Good luck out there!

Being stuck at home has completely destroyed my motivation to work out.

I miss my gym. And apparently my stomach does too. :(

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tbh if I were 75 or especially 90 I wouldn't give a gently caress either.

Most people I know 90 and up legitimately no longer fear death and actually somewhat welcome it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Even if you wanted to lift at home, good loving luck getting any plates or dumb/barbells.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Most people I know 90 and up legitimately no longer fear death and actually somewhat welcome it.

Yeah same. I think if you cleared your 60s and retired you might as well stop holding on to life. Just party, do drugs, whatever, you've made it - best not to end up a shriveled husk with no hobbies or interests who lives to talk about the price of milk at the local gas station every day.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Colonel Cancer posted:

Even if you wanted to lift at home, good loving luck getting any plates or dumb/barbells.

bench press your couch

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah same. I think if you cleared your 60s and retired you might as well stop holding on to life. Just party, do drugs, whatever, you've made it - best not to end up a shriveled husk with no hobbies or interests who lives to talk about the price of milk at the local gas station every day.

the party's slated for july. should be a p good time

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

dee eight posted:

bench press your couch

Too light and unwieldy :(

But that's an option I suppose

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
My elderly friend does not fear death. She is around 70 years old.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Colonel Cancer posted:

So what you're saying is if you bought weights ages ago but are a fat gently caress and haven't lifted anything heavier than a case full of plastic warhammer army men in years then now is the time to fleece some fuckers on ebay?

I might need to have a word with my roommate

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

smoobles posted:

Yeah Florida is hosed, let this be a lesson for every other red state to ignore.

Or they're not cause they had it January maybe.

The good thing about this weekend is we'll know a lot more next week.

I'm desperately hoping it's a good news weekend and not a horror show.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Colonel Cancer posted:

Anticipated shift in opinion at age 59 when you actually are healthy and live a full life. Well maybe not you specifically.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mrfart posted:

I didn't even know it was still possible to go on a cruise?

I’m still getting mailers for them all the time, they go straight to the trash. Also living in the city with a massive cruise terminal is what prompted our high numbers to start with, so they can do one right now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ahem, I still have 4 tix to a suite and another cabin. Any takers?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Ahem, I still have 4 tix to a suite and another cabin. Any takers?

You gotta get out there and live a little man

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Have you looked in the mirror?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

To be fair, it's possible to hide in your suite and get free room service all week.

If your suite is kickass and maybe has a jacuzzi then cruises might be cool. The only things to do outside of your room, on most cruises, are:

- Swim in a pool full of children's piss
- Watch an unfunny comedian make cruise ship jokes
- Eat a boiled hamburger at the buffet
- Jump overboard and kill yourself

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

smoobles posted:

- Jump overboard and kill yourself

I honestly didn't know that this was part of the cruise experience. Is this bundled with the price of admission or does it cost extra?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I am hoping so much that there's no surge this weekend and things are ok. It would be so nice.

Just do what the majority of Americans are doing and just ignore the real world. It seems to be working for them so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

I honestly didn't know that this was part of the cruise experience. Is this bundled with the price of admission or does it cost extra?

It's free. Every cruise ship loses on average 2 passengers a trip