Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bizarro Watt posted:

I'd rather leave the secessionist fantasies to failed petrostates like Texas.

Also I've spent the last decade in Texas, AMA.

Are you going to come back before the borders close?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Are you going to come back before the borders close?

I'd love to move back to California some day, but my industry (in the public sector) simply wouldn't pay enough at my current pay scale. Though in the future I wouldn't be against trying to make Sacramento work depending on what housing looks like in 10 or so years.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bizarro Watt posted:

I'd love to move back to California some day, but my industry (in the public sector) simply wouldn't pay enough at my current pay scale. Though in the future I wouldn't be against trying to make Sacramento work depending on what housing looks like in 10 or so years.

There is now a Taco Bell Cantina in downtown Sac so now is the time

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

The beach had less people on it today but there were people jamming themselves into every open restaurant so I'm going to say it's a neutral day for COVID in California.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

There is now a Taco Bell Cantina in downtown Sac so now is the time

Saw two women downtown dressed to the nines and I'm pretty sure this is where they were headed lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
We might just be doing alright...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
(it's because the weather is getting warmer)

poo poo's going to get real again in Q4. Like holy poo poo history repeating itself, how is this happening in the information age?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I dont think coronavirus is that sensitive to heat. And even if it were it's also sensitive to humidity which we, uh, don't have.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

droll posted:

poo poo's going to get real again in Q4. Like holy poo poo history repeating itself, how is this happening in the information age?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'um think.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Tayter Swift posted:

I dont think coronavirus is that sensitive to heat. And even if it were it's also sensitive to humidity which we, uh, don't have.

Coronaviruses are pretty wimpy viruses, all things considered. Removing the, "touch a thing outside and touch your face now you're infected" via heat and doing social distancing is quite possibly the duo that's helping us be where we are.

poo poo, the thing dies to rubbing alcohol.

It dies to like every single disinfectant out there including bars of soap.

It's super good this wasn't a virus that could live outside a host for months at standard temperatures while only dying to high concentrates of bleach and accelerated nitrogen disinfectants.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Q4 is gonna suck real poo poo.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Kenning posted:

Q4 is gonna suck real poo poo.

Is this Oct-Dec? I’m bad at this.

Is it like people getting cocky while it gets colder and having a resurgence?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Yeah, Oct-Dec. People aren't 100% certain, cause SARS-CoV-2 isn't fully understood, but generally coronaviruses are much more stable in colder temperatures because their outer lipid layer gets more stable when it's cold (think of butter in the fridge vs. on the counter in summer). Luckily, CA is a winter wet climate, and higher humidity tends to weaken coronaviruses. Still, there's no reason to believe that we've gone through anything other than 1 wave of many, and that when conditions more favorable to the virus return it could be really loving bad.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

My suspicion is that while outside temperature and humidity are somewhat important, the thing that’s probably going to impact COVID cases going forward is how well people can social distance. Big spread events seem to happen when people gather in groups inside (and sometimes out) or don’t disinfect common touch surfaces inside.

Which you know lmao

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

we should secede but join forces with all central american countries because that would be cool

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

droll posted:

it turns out lots of people just believe what they want to believe. also the internet is a great propaganda delivery system :911:

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Welp, in my neighborhood of 12 houses there are a few throwing parties. RIP.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If warm weather stops it, it should have never gotten going anywhere in the southern hemisphere or the tropics in the months of February and March.

If there's any impact of higher temps, it's much less important than the impacts of crowding people together.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Our SJSU student neighbours are throwing a party right now, lol. Thankfully it seems to be a party in which their friends pack and help them move out.

To come to think of it, I feel pretty bad for them. The same students have lived next door for at least 2 years and I assume many of them will never see those friends again, so ... yeah.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Good thing we don't get invited.

Right?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I rode my bike through my small town today and every restaurant that was open was absolutely packed with people, none wearing masks that I could see.

June is going to be a wild ride.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Reporting in from the coastside, there were a lot of people going to the beach in Half Moon Bay.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Downstairs neighbors have people over now too. This isn't the first time. Meanwhile, we're up here, trying to figure out how we can maybe have one friend over and sit at opposite ends of the yard and hang out for a bit. It's tough to keep up the right behavior when people right next to you just aren't bothering. :(

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A kookie neighbor Rich Sf former tech guy keeps hanging around the front of my house telling people bill gates did the virus etc. Honestly I try to de legitimize this dude every time I see him trying to get the neighbors to not wear masks by choking a lung up

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

redreader posted:

Our SJSU student neighbours are throwing a party right now, lol. Thankfully it seems to be a party in which their friends pack and help them move out.

To come to think of it, I feel pretty bad for them. The same students have lived next door for at least 2 years and I assume many of them will never see those friends again, so ... yeah.

Huh? They're moving, they're not dying...

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

A kookie neighbor Rich Sf former tech guy keeps hanging around the front of my house telling people bill gates did the virus etc. Honestly I try to de legitimize this dude every time I see him trying to get the neighbors to not wear masks by choking a lung up

lol tell him to stop being crazy in front of your house or you will mark him for nano chip implantation

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Rah! posted:

lol tell him to stop being crazy in front of your house or you will mark him for nano chip implantation

I want to come to him complaining about a bump in my arm after I had a medical visit because I think it would be peak crazy to have him feeling me up infront of our neighbors.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cannot WAIT to have this news article slid under my door by loving nut job.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Had to calm my mom down this morning, she had an argument with my younger brother on the phone and had gotten really upset at how blase he is about sheltering in place. He lives up in Shasta County, and had recently boasted about how they had a Rodeo with 3000 people and nobody got sick. He thinks the whole pandemic is a big hoax and is really smug about how he's going to have fun at Lake Shasta while all the Bay Area people stay at home terrified of their own shadow.

He has his weird hate on for the Bay area even though he grew up here, and always has to dig for some excuse for why it sucks and why it's awesome where he lives - better air quality, no traffic, thinks people are 'nicer', and so on. So of course in the midst of the pandemic he's been using it as a further excuse why he chose to live where he does.

In spite of being in decent shape (eats well, has a job that keeps him very physically active) he's got asthma and abnormally high blood pressure. His young son also seems to have a chronic case of croup as well so I worry if they get Rona it could be unusually bad for their age groups as a result. I worry for him but it's just so stressful watching how careless some people are. At the same time, they have gotten very few cases where he lives so I don't know how big of an impact it's really going to have on their community.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Listen, the people of the Great State of Jefferson are free to catch WHATever they want from WHOMever they want and nothing those slick-haired fatcats in Sacramento say will change that!!!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Panfilo posted:

At the same time, they have gotten very few cases where he lives so I don't know how big of an impact it's really going to have on their community.

Few cases so far, if they’re having gatherings that big it’ll only take one or two affected people to have a massive outbreak.

CPColin posted:

Listen, the people of the Great State of Jefferson are free to catch WHATever they want from WHOMever they want and nothing those slick-haired fatcats in Sacramento say will change that!!!
:heritage:

fake e: we need a SoJ flag emoji

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
More like State of Jefferton

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

no real surprises, but the mayor of sf went out of her way to personally direct police to harass people around the businesses of contributors https://twitter.com/dizz_h/status/1265003839364579328

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I live in Santa Rosa, so my current plan is to catch Covid-19 from an overcrowded evacuation center when my house burns down sometime in late October. I can die right after Election Day if I time it right.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Nameless Pete posted:

I live in Santa Rosa, so my current plan is to catch Covid-19 from an overcrowded evacuation center when my house burns down sometime in late October. I can die right after Election Day if I time it right.

I live in the sierra foothills, I like this plan.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Even if no one gets burned down, the PG&E power outages are gonna suck. I like the contents of my fridge and freezer

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

The Glumslinger posted:

Even if no one gets burned down, the PG&E power outages are gonna suck. I like the contents of my fridge and freezer

Buy a generator now imo, costco even has them in stock

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Where does one acquire these apartment friendly power generators and how do they work?

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Doc Hawkins posted:

no real surprises, but the mayor of sf went out of her way to personally direct police to harass people around the businesses of contributors https://twitter.com/dizz_h/status/1265003839364579328

Wow. I can only imagine how Breed's brain must work for her to see homeless people and instead of thinking "how can I house these people?" think "eww get them out of my sight" like she's a late 18th century French noble

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

droll posted:

Where does one acquire these apartment friendly power generators and how do they work?

You charge them on the wall plug. then when you need em they provide power for a few hrs, some run 500W and can do a small camping fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

You charge them on the wall plug. then when you need em they provide power for a few hrs, some run 500W and can do a small camping fridge.

that is not a generator