Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

cheap $30 thing I got signed by David carradine, who turned out to be a real weirdo in person

Happy birthday Steve Yun
Thank you for showing that kickin rad sword!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm in an inner city Melbourne suburb and I decided to chance a visit to Kmart the other day for some stuff I've been putting off getting for more than a month. Almost zero mask use, signs on the door about limited numbers allowed in the shop but no one actually keeping count, no one in the store bothering with social distancing, and best of all a staff member coughed up half a lung right as she walked past me. Awesome.

I'm going to go back to hiding in my house. :tinfoil:

Also I saw a staff member wheeling around a big rack of clothes that had a sign on it saying QUARANTINE STOCK and putting it back on the shelves, I'm guessing it was returns that they'd put aside for a few days.

I'm in South Yarra. :)

It's extra scary for me since I stupidly bought an apartment that finishes construction in October. If Australia does get hit hard like other countries before then it could cost me my home.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm in South Yarra. :)

It's extra scary for me since I stupidly bought an apartment that finishes construction in October. If Australia does get hit hard like other countries before then it could cost me my home.

My sister works front desk / social event coordinator for a coworking place and has been going to an empty work place all week for months (so as to not refund anyone). She said there's noticeable uptick this week in people coming back in

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

this is an arby's do you want a jamocha shake or not?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
NC

I say let's open her up!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Steve Yun posted:

Why not hold church outdoors? You can still congregate and it’s what, 19x safer?

Happy Birthday. Outdoor church is pagan poo poo, God wants asses in pews.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

NC

I say let's open her up!

Did they decide to add the ~500 meat packing employees who tested positive or lol if not

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Victory Position posted:

this has the potential to create a schism of its own

this is way bigger than Vatican II and that's a shitshow that the paleo-Catholics are still complaining about :stonklol:

it's insanely good, read first things if you want to see a bunch of shitheads melting down about it

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I can't wait for the 2021 American antipope election.

African bishops are more likely to get their ducks in a row than the Americans. Our bishops are too busy with the kid rape cover-ups.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Paradoxish posted:

We're gonna keep getting stories like that hairstylist and eventually nobody except the chuds will go anywhere and everyone's going to be like "we opened er up why economy no good :confused:"

This is already happening lol. Some chud in Columbus made statewide news by OPENIN ER UP their lovely bar and they went viral. They closed again like 3 days later

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Steve Yun posted:

My birthday is tomorrow. It be a zoom for several friends. I built a Russian prostitute that pees Pinot Grigio on Trump, which I will be drinking from during the zoom.

no I am the furthest thing from depressed. could a depressed person accomplish this? look at her. no.

Answer me, are those Gankutsuo DVDs

mystes
May 31, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

My birthday is tomorrow. It be a zoom for several friends. I built a Russian prostitute that pees Pinot Grigio on Trump, which I will be drinking from during the zoom.

no I am the furthest thing from depressed. could a depressed person accomplish this? look at her. no.
drat, I wish I was doing cool stuff like this with my extra self-isolation free time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

This is already happening lol. Some chud in Columbus made statewide news by OPENIN ER UP their lovely bar and they went viral. They closed again like 3 days later

i think we will have to redefine what it means to "go viral"

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

My county has had pretty low covid cases per day since everything started. Then the last few days the numbers jumped big time and now we find out fucktards are having Friday night corona basement parties

https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/42166260/a-series-of-alleged-underground-basement-parties-leaves-residents-fearful-of-covid19-spike

So we are probably going to stay Red as far as opening things up while a neighboring county will go Green. And all the chuds will share memes of the governor in a Nazi uniform taking their freedums

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

703 posted:

Did they decide to add the ~500 meat packing employees who tested positive or lol if not

I guess so. I tried to check charlotteobserver.com and lord have mercy is that the worst website ever.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

the gym by me (liberal enclave in a chud state) is going to be reopening soon. 10 people at a time, hour and a half long non overlapping appointments. everyone leaves then they shut down to disinfect everything.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Boxman posted:

the gym by me (liberal enclave in a chud state) is going to be reopening soon. 10 people at a time, hour and a half long non overlapping appointments. everyone leaves then they shut down to disinfect everything.

just go find a heavy rock and lift it over your head. pushups are free.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Relevant Tangent posted:

African bishops are more likely to get their ducks in a row than the Americans. Our bishops are too busy with the kid rape cover-ups.
Ted Cruz will become the antipope.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

NC

I say let's open her up!

holy poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what will be the first state to re impose restrictions

(we need to stop using quarantine or lock down since they never happened)

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Steve Yun posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My boss who almost certainly had it mid-march says he's only just now starting to feel better

I really really hope I don't get this fucker of a disease but every day it feels more and more inevitable lmao

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile in Texas

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1263937751872868353

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1263935118697062401

quote:

Bexar County Republicans on Friday afternoon set up camp outside San Antonio City Hall to call out local leaders for some of the mandates theyve established during the ongoing pandemic.

Republican Party Chair Cynthia Brehm, along with many others, took to the mic, claiming their constitutional rights have been infringed upon by Mayor Ron Nirenberg and Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff, specifically deriding the recently passed anti-hate speed resolution and mask-wearing recommendations.

They asked us to wear masks, and according to Attorney General (Ken) Paxton, this is unconstitutional. So if we dont want to wear masks, this is our choice, she said. This is America, and we shouldnt have to be forced or mandated to wear a mask.

In a second clip below, a local Republican official says that the chance of catching the China virus is 0.05%.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

My dad requested this song from the DJ at my wedding.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
edit wrong thread

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

love to have a neck so fat cannot button collar and barely tie a tie

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Rutibex posted:

just go find a heavy rock and lift it over your head. pushups are free.

I miss swimming :(

not enough to risk my health and that of those around me, mind. But its not something easily replaced.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

dibs, dibs on all of their stuff

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Boxman posted:

not enough to risk my health and that of those around me, mind. But its not something easily replaced.
Swimming (in pools) is bad for your lungs, so it's an even worse idea than immediately apparent.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Boxman posted:

you can't swim in a river or something? i guess it still might be a bit chilly this time of year

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you stopped?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Swimming (in pools) is bad for your lungs, so it's an even worse idea than immediately apparent.

how

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

exercise is bad for your lungs op

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Well like two months ago we were shoving tubes down everyone’s throats and now we know you can save a lot of lives by just flipping the roni patients on their tum tums instead. We don’t know if you’ll fare a better chance of surviving it two months from now but it’s absolutely possible. If you had to get HIV it was better to get it 1995 than 1985. A valid argument can be made for trying to avoid a new virus for as long as you can. Also, if you get it now you’re going to get hospitalized with the first wave of open er up chuds.

so the modern equivalent of gay dudes not using condoms in the 80s is chuds not wearing masks, got it.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What why

It's literally the only cardio I enjoy

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
chlorine i assume but im pretty sure the exercise your lungs get from swimming is greater than the damage chlorine does

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Yea looks like its indoor pool specifically and if you are doing it every day for long periods of time like a competitive swimmer. lol @ goons being in that category. go swim have fun.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/05/21/1002105/covid-bot-twitter-accounts-push-to-reopen-america/

MIT Technology Review posted:

Many of those accounts were created in February and have since been spreading and amplifying misinformation, including false medical advice, conspiracy theories about the origin of the virus, and pushes to end stay-at-home orders and reopen America. They follow well-worn patterns of coordinated influence campaigns, and their strategy is already working: since the beginning of the crisis, the researchers have observed a greater polarization in Twitter discourse around the topic.

A number of factors could account for this surge. The global nature of the pandemic means a larger swath of actors are motivated to capitalize on the crisis as a way to meet their political agendas. Disinformation is also now more coordinated in general, with more firms available for hire to create such influence campaigns. But it's not just the volume of accounts that worries [Kathleen M. Carley, the director of the University's Center for Informed Democracy & Social Cybersecurity]. Their patterns of behavior have grown more sophisticated, too. Bots are now often more deeply networked with other accounts, making it easier for them to disseminate their messages widely. They also engage in more strategies to target at-risk groups like immigrants and minorities and help real accounts engaged in hate speech to form online groups.

:)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Yea looks like its indoor pool specifically and if you are doing it every day for long periods of time like a competitive swimmer. lol @ goons being in that category. go swim have fun.

but not right now unless you have a pool to yourself that no one else gets in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/bengelinas/status/1264049987026968578?s=20