Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'm late to this and a loving idiot to boot, but how come there aren't more legit separatist movements in the US? Considering the skewed senate, two party system, presidency and supreme court etc. None of that poo poo looks fixable to me.

3-pronged approach by the ruling class:

the dominant american religion of materialist consumerism is extremely effective at helping local populations at risk of separatist tendencies channel their energies into self-destructive pursuits. providing abundant houses of worship is both profitable and counter-revolutionary

a 50-year project reforming primary education, establishing think tanks and consolidating media ownership to stamp out class consciousness during the progression to late capitalism

enormous investment in a host of police agencies to surveil and disrupt potential dual power organizations. misinformation, intimidation and infiltration are plenty effective, but the american secret police are no more above targeted killings than their counterparts in other oligarchies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Edit: California is home to the culture that is the oldest European culture in the united states. It was here first. It should be in charge.

weren't the Spanish in Florida first?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

How many of those kids are REAL Californian's people who's parents or grandparents were born in the state. Cuz Even before California's inception people have been trying to break it up, make it seem like a world or just generally keep it out to the point where California was a major factor that started the Civil because the South wanted the state to become a slave state.

California will never separate. Really what should happen is: Washington DC should be Torn down, and a new DC should be erected in California to get the US government as far away from possible from people still impotently fighting the civil war.

Edit: California is home to the culture that is the oldest European culture in the united states. It was here first. It should be in charge.

We should move the US capital to Hawai'i, and then let the native Hawai'ians have their independence, thereby cutting off the head of the serpent.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I actually fixed this problem a while ago by drawing up an entirely new map, USSR style:

Too many states. Also we have to eliminate Silicon Valley and the halls of power on the eastern seaboard, completely erasing them from history.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Looking up the maps to make sure: https://www.sutori.com/item/1520-1550-rapid-spanish-expansion-on-mainland-00f2
It was the islands under Florida: Dominican republic, and Haitians Islands and then spread about from there.

But yeah let's put Washington DC on the tip of Florida, on the ocean. That sounds fun too.

What the gently caress was Magellan doing?
Why the gently caress are we speaking English? It should be French. Yes I ignoring the fact the french were not living in the land they owned.
Holy gently caress the Dutch owned land in South America?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

the missions in texas & new mexico are a century older than any of the californian missions as well. santa fe is nearly 200 years older than the first spanish colony in california.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

taqueso posted:

No true californian

All Californians are fake. It is the manner in which they are fake that varies.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Looking up the maps to make sure: https://www.sutori.com/item/1520-1550-rapid-spanish-expansion-on-mainland-00f2
It was the islands under Florida: Dominican republic, and Haitians Islands and then spread about from there.

But yeah let's put Washington DC on the tip of Florida, on the ocean. That sounds fun too.

What the gently caress was Magellan doing?
Why the gently caress are we speaking English? It should be French. Yes I ignoring the fact the french were not living in the land they owned.
Holy gently caress the Dutch owned land in South America?

Trying to circumnavigate the world

French Louisiana was barely inhabited by the French, outside of fur trading posts.

Suriname! It gained independence in the 60’s

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

How many of those kids are REAL Californians. People who's parents or grandparents were born in the state. Cuz Even before California's inception people have been trying to break it up, make it seem like a world or just generally keep it out to the point where California was a major factor that started the Civil because the South wanted the state to become a slave state.

California will never separate. Really what should happen is: Washington DC should be torn down, and a new DC erected in California to get the US government as far away as possible from people still impotently fighting the civil war.

I don't think anyone else cares what Californians think in that regard. You'll have a hard time selling that to anyone who isn't already on board with Californian independence.

e: not independence I'm dumb. supremacy? Is that the word?

plaintiff has issued a correction as of 20:58 on May 23, 2020

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Peanut President posted:

also the yankees won the war so you can't blame the south for systemic racism in california/ny/mass/michigan sorry

Yeah. It’s more like in the 1870s through the 1920s there was this strong intellectual movement that took Darwin’s ideas and began to think nations should be run on ideas about survival of the fittest and it took an especially powerful hold of the USA.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

just make sf the capital of poo poo like star trek

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah. It’s more like in the 1870s through the 1920s there was this strong intellectual movement that took Darwin’s ideas and began to think nations should be run on ideas about survival of the fittest and it took an especially powerful hold of the USA.

northern racism definitely predates the Civil War. a portion of the abolitionist movement even endorsed sending free Blacks to Africa after ending slavery, so the white nation of the US would be free of Black people. That's the origin of Liberia.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they postponed the civil war a long time with a compromise to stop importing more black people

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scrree posted:

The chief characteristic of the settler-nation is it's parasitism. By definition it cannot stamd alone.

The non-parasite classes of this country do have separatist movements -- in Hawaii, the indian nations, black nationalists, etc.

Yeah, revolution is never going to spring from white America.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

someone should go back in time and gank hamilton before he could convince washington to not back the jacobins

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

someone should go back in time and gank hamilton before he could convince washington to not back the jacobins

Someone already did. Chronologational displacement is only good plus or minus ten years at that distance though.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

northern racism definitely predates the Civil War. a portion of the abolitionist movement even endorsed sending free Blacks to Africa after ending slavery, so the white nation of the US would be free of Black people. That's the origin of Liberia.

I mean that was part of it. But arguably Jim Crow and the great racial reaction of that period cannot be explained without looking at a world wide phenomenon of racism that was embraced by various people misinterpreting Darwin’s writings.

Also. Lol at thinking a “race” is what brings revolution. Revolution requires preety major support from the ingroup. Just ask China.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the colonial division of Africa by European powers was the driver of scientific racism in Europe. Darwinism was used to justify 19th colonialism in the same way the Christian gospel and Greek philosophy was used to justify the earlier trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Atrocious Joe posted:

I think sending people away from americans is a good thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Third World Reagan posted:

better to have sent all the white southerners and kept the former slaves to run the states

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Not so much for the people who were already in liberia, who promptly found themselves under a segregated regime run by people who only had the same skin color and nothing else in common

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I think we should send all white americans back to europe <:^)

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Peanut President posted:

Europe is crowded, send us to the sun please

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

taqueso posted:

Europe is crowded, send us to the sun please

I'll be go to hell if we get destroyed and the fuckers that spawned us get a free pass

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrWflCJPM4w

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The current state of affairs in Minneapolis.

Caused by this. FYI: THE SECOND TWEET IS A VIDEO OF A DELIBERATE AND SLOW MURDER.

I don't know the full situation but it sounds like the Minneapolis mayor *and* police chief have lost control of the city's police force. This is not good for stability.

"Americans will never riot" will be increasingly falsified over the months to come.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Peanut President posted:

this is acceptable

if only eastern europe

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

from that same thread

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1265494302425112576

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

The current state of affairs in Minneapolis.

Caused by this. FYI: THE SECOND TWEET IS A VIDEO OF A DELIBERATE AND SLOW MURDER.

I don't know the full situation but it sounds like the Minneapolis mayor *and* police chief have lost control of the city's police force. This is not good for stability.

"Americans will never riot" will be increasingly falsified over the months to come.

this poo poo happens all the time, ferguson, PR, and standing rock come to mind. I really wish there were better ways to keep track of this other than these goddamn forums and the intellectual paper shredder that is twitter

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Centrist Committee posted:

this poo poo happens all the time, ferguson, PR, and standing rock come to mind. I really wish there were better ways to keep track of this other than these goddamn forums and the intellectual paper shredder that is twitter

It's a real shame but also kinda neat that these dumb dead forums are by far the best news aggregator and organization tool around.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I struggle to think of an example in the US after WW2 where police were not responsible for the start of a riot, either at the scene or by having a violent act they commit reported.

The Days of Rage anti-war actions in 1969? It sure was intended as a riot, but they didn't really get it going.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

I struggle to think of an example in the US after WW2 where police were not responsible for the start of a riot, either at the scene or by having a violent act they commit reported.

The Days of Rage anti-war actions in 1969? It sure was intended as a riot, but they didn't really get it going.

Disco Demolition Night?

e: which was in 1979 and wasn't really a major riot on the scale of the ones we're talking about

I think there have been a number of sports riots since then that weren't necessarily attributable to the police (2014 Giants World Series)

but yeah pretty much solely cops and small scale sports riots as far as I can tell

LGD has issued a correction as of 05:50 on May 27, 2020

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Thump! posted:

It's a real shame but also kinda neat that these dumb dead forums are by far the best news aggregator and organization tool around.

idk man, this seems to be the only thread talking about the MN poo poo. If there is another thread discussing it please point me towards it, but its either monarchists in the economy thread or people fighting about Bernie

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we used to have a acab thread

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Real hurthling! posted:

we used to have a acab thread

Yeah, what the gently caress happened to the cop thread?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mcclay posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress happened to the cop thread?

cops ruined it

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

mcclay posted:

idk man, this seems to be the only thread talking about the MN poo poo. If there is another thread discussing it please point me towards it, but its either monarchists in the economy thread or people fighting about Bernie

yeah- USPOL in D&D is discussing it

the silence in cspam is p weird

e: there's even a gbs thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924960

Peanut Butler has issued a correction as of 11:40 on May 27, 2020

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

this is acceptable

if only eastern europe

nope we send them back to whichever ancestry they claim

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

Stonewall, Tompkins Square, I dunno if the one Rudy led when he was just a racist, corrupt ghoul DA where Jimmy Breslin got the poo poo kicked out of him by cops screaming at him about where's his N****er mayor gonna save him now has a name as such.

But yea, dead on as far as my knowledge of history goes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/11/16/more-on-the-time-rudy-giuliani-helped-incite-a-riot-of-racist-cops/

Oh wait, my mistake it was a 'rally'

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/17/nyregion/officers-rally-and-dinkins-is-their-target.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Zeno-25 posted:

If you knew any Texans you'd know they drink Dr Pepper, which to their credit is the superior soda

for the longest time as a kid I used to really like Dr. Pepper and drank it all the time whenever I had soda (which was not that often). Then one day I just suddenly had a mindblowing epiphany that it tasted like garbage, its ads were misogynistic, and I actually hated it, and I've never touched it since. I'm a root beer man now