Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

dude, congrats

and happy birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm not going to be able to find backcountry camping without people with cell coverage because everyone wants to go camping now huh?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Chard posted:

i did an overnight on some (i thought) obscure blm land, only car in the lot as i set out. when i got back to the trailhead earlier today there were multiple 15+ people groups, zero masks in sight. i just sat outside the parking lot and waited for them to gently caress off.

normally I’d go out to a nearby trailhead for some fresh air, even after our state’s “public parks are open” thing people have been fairly good, but it being memorial day weekend is putting me squarely into a “rivet the door closed” mindset, I don’t think it’s even going to be worth driving past it to see how bad it is

i already usually didn’t hit stores on holiday weekends because of too many crowds/too much hassle but this adds some new and interesting connotations to that, black friday’s gonna have a whole new meaning :unsmigghh:

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
alright, i think i understand the reality we live in now

america failed to quarantine effectively, so we're just gonna burn through this thing

thankfully it's only gonna kill about a million people, probably

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
People are going to just be making GBS threads everywhere in the woods and there's going to be fecal coronavirus spread

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Jon Irenicus posted:

I will be forever mad we were denied the governor of Virginia moonwalking at a press conference to prove he wasn't racist

gently caress

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

fosborb posted:

picked some nearby woods and went geocaching with the kids today. hardly anyone on the trails and the few we did see we would just shout geocache! and go dive into the underbrush. thinking this is going to be our preferred outdoor activity this summer,

though I legit think drive in movies should be pretty safe. unfortunately there's like 1 within a hundred miles of me and everyone is going to think the same thing. you're going to have to line up like 2 hours ahead of time to get in, which is just not an option with a 4 year old.

maybe a bunch of cattle farmers that can't sell their beef should get in on this action.

Been filling all my local caches with roni for some suckers to dig up.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

america failed to quarantine effectively, so we're just gonna burn through this thing

The best part is since the wind is blowing the wrong way, we're moving at the speed of a backburn

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

At the rate cumulative deaths are trending we'll have a total of about 10,000 deaths imo.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Been filling all my local caches with roni for some suckers to dig up.

outdoors gatchapon what has scroll inside bearing the message YOU DIED

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1264312206914719745

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
do we have a year-end total pool going yet?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Uhh looks like someone calculated it right there in the headline

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm not going to be able to find backcountry camping without people with cell coverage because everyone wants to go camping now huh?

Exactly.

You must practice Zen like restraint and patience. When you start to feel that urge to go outside, understand that millions of people also feel that urge, and also think, "well, it's camping, it can't hurt, right?" and that little voice is the collective unconscious putting out feelers to see if the plague is gone yet. Like penguins pushing each other into the water to see if there are leopard seals down there.

Be smarter than your idiot meat brain and put off going camping for a couple months.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

:vince:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

goons: "wow this trail/park/beach I went to was so busy I can't believe how many irresponsible people there are"

that's you

you're irresponsible people

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Gr...-570700271.html

quote:

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- A Great Clips hair stylist in Springfield has tested positive for COVID-19 and worked several days while symptomatic.

Seven co-workers and 84 clients were potentially directly exposed, according to the Springfield-Greene County Health Department.

The individual recently returned from travel elsewhere in Missouri outside of the Springfield region, according to Springfield-Greene County Health Department Director Clay Goddard.

"I'll be honest, I'm very frustrated to be up here today, and maybe more so I'm disappointed," said Goddard. "I think we need to comprehend the consequences of this."

Goddard said even though the individual and their clients wore masks during the timeline of potential exposure, this should not have happened in the first place. Co-workers and clients who were potentially directly exposed will be notified by the health department and offered testing.

The health department hopes for no additional cases since the individual, co-workers and clients wore face masks throughout this exposure timeline.

"We can't make this a regular habit or our capability as a community will be strained and we will have to reevaluate how things look going forward," he said.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Hail satan.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

the failing New York times - the number is right there! idiots

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
STOP GOING OUTSIDE

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
outside is, actually, good

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

snoo posted:

goons: "wow this trail/park/beach I went to was so busy I can't believe how many irresponsible people there are"

that's you

But wait! Maybe you didn't realize that I'm the protagonist.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

you know people don't give a poo poo, you know they're not gonna be wearing masks or taking precautions, why the gently caress are you putting yourself in that situation unless you have to

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

i also appreciate "THEY WERE MORE THAN NAMES ON A LIST" *proceeds to print all the names in a list*

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
the piss tape documentary is lit.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

snoo posted:

that's you

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

snoo posted:

that's you

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I get to get a roni Test in a couple of days because I’m having surgery done on my shoulder and they are requiring everyone has one pre surgery and TBH it would own if it comes back positive since I haven’t had any symptoms so that would mean I’m one of the lucky ones.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

facetoucher cat posted:

some Badlands areas like south of Sage Creek are remote enough and might have limited coverage depending on your carrier.

Boundary Waters has cell coverage now, but lol that's closed afaik

if you avoid the outhouses, I don't see why some reservation only hike in sites wouldn't be safe.

I bet a half days hike along the more rural stretches of the AT can get you remote enough to still have cell coverage and be safe

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

there is definitely a different conception of what 'outdoors' means in different parts of this great country of ours

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Legit feel bad for all you goons that don’t have yards or balconies or any outdoor private spaces so that you’re forced to either stay inside or risk the roni.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i also appreciate "THEY WERE MORE THAN NAMES ON A LIST" *proceeds to print all the names in a list*

What is the NYT's messaging anyway? "THEY WERE MORE THAN NAMES ON A LIST" but "unsubscribe from the pandemic and go out there and have some fun."

Trump is really bad, but also you got to remember capitalism is really good.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Steve Yun posted:

My birthday is tomorrow. It be a zoom for several friends. I built a Russian prostitute that pees Pinot Grigio on Trump, which I will be drinking from during the zoom.

no I am the furthest thing from depressed. could a depressed person accomplish this? look at her. no.

This is the gooniest thing I have ever seen, holy poo poo. Like beyond groverhaus. I salute you.

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 23:28 on May 23, 2020

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i had to get a charger cable and the electronics store had a sweet setup at their entrance, full plexiglass with a slot to slide a tray under, like a prison.

ask for what you want and they get it for you, you stay outside

those shots of packed mall interiors are freaking me out

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

https://twitter.com/JustinMob/status/1264291459047571457

i very much assumed that my city wasn't going to be quite this bad but after some rather chuddy behavior from people i've passed on my way to the grocery store i am beginning to think all is lost

(this is toronto btw)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Feldegast42 posted:

This is the gooniest thing I have ever seen, holy poo poo. Like beyond groverhaus

Also, nice katana

you're a goon

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Salt Fish posted:

you're a goon

Yep. :unsmith:

Keep fighting the good fight

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
My apartment neighbors have wasp nests on their patios and it is ruining my ability to go outside.

I think I'm going to start going on 1 AM runs again. Probably the first loosening of restrictions I've done other than getting sloppier at wiping stuff down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Mayor Dave posted:

a knitted mask? ahahahaha

You put coffee filters or something in there. Reusable, washable, cheap, doesnt take masks out of med worker supply

Im sure some goon is gonna go brown moses and prove she doesnt have a coffee filter in that pic and to them I say: thank you for your service