Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1265218396519575552?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

today there was an official recorded covid case in the building I work at. The last one was ~mar 12 or so. I can still telework full time lol :patriot:

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Excited for another week of avoiding anyone outside of my household :)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

kaleedity posted:

today there was an official recorded covid case in the building I work at. The last one was ~mar 12 or so. I can still telework full time lol :patriot:

We went back today and everyone that doesn't have an office has to wear a mask all day and everyone is loving miserable. The worst part is that nobody really HAS to be in the office to work. But the decision makers are mega chuds so they think the whole thing is BS.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Crusader posted:

literally all trump knows or cares about is make number go up because he thinks that means the gop ghoul class and the gop ghoul base will make sure he gets re-elected if number is big

I'm still LOLing about how Trump said he "tested positively toward negative" because he's not capable of saying anything negative about himself

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Quick someone show this to trump and convince him how good catching roni is for your pollls

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

He didn’t just politely ask her to put the dog on the leash

From one of the news reports:

The woman’s phone call is racially charged and breaking leash laws is a dick move, but that doesn’t give a random vigilante the right to lure your dog away from you until you put it in a leash.

Actually that sounds like exactly the type of thing someone should do to gently caress with someone that won't leash their dog.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

adds up to 69%

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sportsgenius86 posted:

We went back today and everyone that doesn't have an office has to wear a mask all day and everyone is loving miserable. The worst part is that nobody really HAS to be in the office to work. But the decision makers are mega chuds so they think the whole thing is BS.

:lol: yeah

The shop floor didn't get to stop working because we're "essential" (we occasionally build things for the gov't). Most of the office got to WFH full time starting on like March 17th. Design (where I work), got to WFH half-time starting March 26, and that ended on May 18th. Everyone else returns full time on Wednesday

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

SARS was way more transmissible than covid. people were getting it through apartment HVAC and other wild acrobatics

my understanding is that SARS wasn't contagious until you were already sick enough that you were either self-isolating out of necessity, or already in the hospital

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

send a mannequin in your place, and keep wfh.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lpzie posted:

Everyone loves to drop by my cube to give me about 2 sentences of information, like it's still 1982, and no one has heard of instant messages, emails, or even phones.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

headed into the restaurant in a couple hours for the pre-opening staff meeting

we reopen tomorrow! :patriot:

honestly I think a huge part of this stupid poo poo is the good weather. it was a lot easier for the average dullard to shrug and stay inside when it's rainy and cold in March. much harder when everything is blooming and it's warm and sunny out.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Love to watch my instagram friends party while i quarantine all summer in overpriced 900sqft nyc apartment

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

my outdoor space is a tar roof that gets iffy at 76degree im so hosed

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

yeah lol I’ve been cooped up in my apartment since March 12 and have left to go to the pharmacy and run at night

these fuckin chuds that can’t handle staying in their manicured backyards

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

headed into the restaurant in a couple hours for the pre-opening staff meeting

we reopen tomorrow! :patriot:

honestly I think a huge part of this stupid poo poo is the good weather. it was a lot easier for the average dullard to shrug and stay inside when it's rainy and cold in March. much harder when everything is blooming and it's warm and sunny out.

warm weather loving sucks and fall wardrobes are incredibly superior to summer ones

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I don't doubt there were people who would be normally going out during the summer. The thing is, just how many people who were going to stay inside anyway are insisting on going out because someone told them not to?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

warm weather loving sucks and fall wardrobes are incredibly superior to summer ones

Hell yeah, I like to stay inside all summer, and come out in the fall and winter because they're the best seasons

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/yellowcardigan/status/1265081511499497472

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/wjz/status/1265288886655365120

oh word?????????????????????

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

triple sulk posted:

gently caress that

#loinclothlife

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't doubt there were people who would be normally going out during the summer. The thing is, just how many people who were going to stay inside anyway are insisting on going out because someone told them not to?

my father, my middle sister are lazy as duck and never leave the house. now they want to go everywhere

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Outside bad

inside good

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I think this is way easier in the spring/summer because I can lay out on the balcony in the sun. It's going to be a lot harder when we're still sheltering in place this February.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
According to wikipedia's covid-19 in the USA article we're down to only 91,0000 cumulative deaths today! Great news and wonderful to see we're on the road to a full recovery of everyone affected.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
love my necromancer president

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
woah crazy I wish we knew of some kind of connection between opening things up and the virus.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Lpzie posted:

Coworker: drat buddy, you got ripped during the the last few months

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
A national touring company in the US that originally postponed a show from April 2020 to July 2020 has now postponed that show to April 2021

Take that how you will

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
hey, i get reports every week or other week from my job from various customers (costco, sam's club, kroger, etc) on gasoline demand and something interesting out of this weekend--overall USA demand was actually down 1% vs previous weekend. Really surprising considering what looked like an openerup weekend.

Just for reference, back in late March demand crashed by like 55-65% and kinda held around 45-50% reduction from historic normal through most of April. Last decade of April onward it slowly increased until early May where it stabilized around 15% down from historic normal for this timeframe.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Both Ireland and Northern Ireland have reported 0 Covid deaths today, although yesterday was a public holiday in NI so it will likely jump tomorrow.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

facetoucher cat posted:

Coworker: drat buddy, you got ripped during the the last few months

ru paul is not a mannequin!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

triple sulk posted:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sunny Side Up posted:

hey, i get reports every week or other week from my job from various customers (costco, sam's club, kroger, etc) on gasoline demand and something interesting out of this weekend--overall USA demand was actually down 1% vs previous weekend. Really surprising considering what looked like an openerup weekend.

Just for reference, back in late March demand crashed by like 55-65% and kinda held around 45-50% reduction from historic normal through most of April. Last decade of April onward it slowly increased until early May where it stabilized around 15% down from historic normal for this timeframe.

That's legit surprising but a reminder that all the news coverage is of the Open Er Up people and not the people that are staying home.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I figured the USA would stop counting deaths as soon as it approached 100,000, just so it doesn't go over that threshold.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Archaic posted:

I figured the USA would stop counting deaths as soon as it approached 100,000, just so it doesn't go over that threshold.

99,999 deaths! Thank you Mr. PResident!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Wow, shower curtains AND most of the staff in masks? And that woman with 2 inch nails is definitely going to wear gloves. With such attention to detail I definitely trust them with my hair and my life.