Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

popewiles posted:

A few years ago my wife and I stayed a couple nights at a bed and breakfast on the west coast of Ireland and one morning we had breakfast with a Swiss family and they were the snootiest, most arrogant people I've encountered in my entire life and from that I've made gross generalizations about Switzerland that no one will ever be able to convince me are incorrect.

Reminds me of a difference between heaven and hell joke.

...and in hell, the administrators are Italian and the lovers are Swiss.

e: entire joke snipe and i apologize for nothing :colbert:

in heaven, the cooks are fench, the lovers are italian, the engineers are german, the administrators are swiss, and the police are british
in hell, the cooks are english, the lovers are swiss, the engineers are french, the administrators are italian, and the police are american

dee eight fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

logical fallacy posted:

Where is he coming up with the .05% chance of catching Covid 19 - Fox news? Or did he just use his "Data Analyst" skills for divide # of (known) cases by the population of earth and thinks that's how contagions work?

We have 1.7 million confirmed cases and a population of 330 million or so, so his math is sound. Of course we have many times that unconfirmed and that "chance" of getting the virus goes up every day. We're only a few months into this of course.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I’m not even Mexican and I want to school these euros making a mockery or tacos and burritos

Everything I hear about Mexican food there is always dire

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
worldmeter is at 99987.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

worldmeter is at 99987.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Dipshit Donny is going to cut funding to whatever state reported and kicked them over the 100k mark.

Special bonus funding to whatever Governor is willing to 'reevaluate' their death count back down a couple thousand so they can claw back the number for another day.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I mean trump even said death number bigly good so what’s the problem

Mods plz probate trump

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNxWcrYEsI :911: :bern101:

I've never been less proud to be an american

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Can you not get chimney starters there or something? Those things are perfect for lighting charcoal on fire.

Of course, it's what I am using. But it's not I'll share my secrets for free.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I have a family member who works in an ICU at a VA. One of the employees there in the COVID 19 section of the ICU tested positive for the 'rona last week.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Alan Smithee posted:

Mods plz probate trump

Dems do nothing
Dems won't stop attacking me

Why can't we pray in school
Why you let Muslims pray in school

Pro-life
Kill that motherfucker

My friend, the right wing of America is bereft of self awareness.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Mission Accomplished!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tipps posted:

Mission Accomplished!

Bring out Dubya but this time in medical scrubs

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I've never been more proud to be an American. :911:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

canyoneer posted:

I have a family member who works in an ICU at a VA. One of the employees there in the COVID 19 section of the ICU tested positive for the 'rona last week.

Hydroxychloroquine!

Seriously, they're still feeding that poo poo to vets.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sedgr posted:

Dipshit Donny is going to cut funding to whatever state reported and kicked them over the 100k mark.

Special bonus funding to whatever Governor is willing to 'reevaluate' their death count back down a couple thousand so they can claw back the number for another day.

New deaths reported:

Maine, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Arizona, Iowa, North Carolina, Indiana, Virginia, Georgia, Maryland, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey

Wild card round: VA, Military, Navajo Nation

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

Mods plz probate trump

He posted this about an hour before the US hit 100k:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265301249630654467

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Bronze Fonz posted:

I don't know man, they're going "Oh yeah I guess the nursing homes need AC's in the summer uh?" as a heat wave comes in and we've had numerous heat-related deaths in nursing homes past summers.

Marguerite Blais just seems to appear out of nowhere everytime some new awful poo poo comes out about CHSLDs and goes "Oh my that's terrible, I agree 100% with you and this is appalling, we'll get to it right away". Like, they never took care of anything, austerity measures cut services all over the place, all of this was written in the sky and it doesn't seem they're doing anywhere near enough considering the gravity of the situation even as the places are in such dire states.

e: I mean, yeah at least they're not denying the problem exists.

Oh yeah but that's what 15 years of PLC, which were libaral only in name, will do. But it's kind of hilarious that they just realized there is no AC install in places that needs them.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Next goal post: 2 millions people. Hey we might reach that if we get 200 millions infected. (really dark humor)

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

congrats to everyone still alive!

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

so this means deaths will stop at 100K?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Alan Smithee posted:

I’m not even Mexican and I want to school these euros making a mockery or tacos and burritos

I'm Mexican and everything I hear about our cuisine outside the country or at the hands of foreigners IS dire. Even high top famous chefs end up making lovely Mexican food. Geez.

:toot: Aw, you guys, still number one.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

so this means deaths will stop at 15 60,000 100K 100,000+?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

popewiles posted:

A few years ago my wife and I stayed a couple nights at a bed and breakfast on the west coast of Ireland and one morning we had breakfast with a Swiss family and they were the snootiest, most arrogant people I've encountered in my entire life and from that I've made gross generalizations about Switzerland that no one will ever be able to convince me are incorrect.

HEY! There are also a lot of pig-ignorant small-town rubes and farmers here.

Alan Smithee posted:

Up until recently, Mexican food has been just kind of a sad disappointment. But now, we have tacos everywhere...

I cannot tell you how angry these things make me.

Sorry for the derail everyone, I'm off to grill my dinner. Happy 100k day! :911:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Bleusilences posted:

Oh yeah but that's what 15 years of PLC, which were libaral only in name, will do. But it's kind of hilarious that they just realized there is no AC install in places that needs them.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that approaching summer 2020 we suddenly realize old people need to generally not-suffocate.
It goes hand in hand with the powder taters, sporadic baths, abuses and the costly PLC 1.5 decade.

I look at the americans just not giving a gently caress about 100k deaths and then I look here holy poo poo here we just take for granted that old people will die in miserable conditions, like it's background noise now after all these years.

Why the gently caress is this timeline a thing.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

greazeball posted:

Up until recently, Mexican food has been just kind of a sad disappointment. But now, we have tacos everywhere...

Sorry for the derail everyone, I'm off to grill my dinner. Happy 100k day! :911:

what the...

i mean it's not that much better than Sausalito's in Germany

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Austerity measure always seems to me as trying to save penny by spending dollars in the long run.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Someone stop those goalposts before they get away!

Wasn't there a fact-checker article posted here that said not only were his "travel bans" ineffectual, but they literally couldn't find a single person who accused him of being racist for them? edit: Not it but close

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Bronze Fonz posted:

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that approaching summer 2020 we suddenly realize old people need to generally not-suffocate.
It goes hand in hand with the powder taters, sporadic baths, abuses and the costly PLC 1.5 decade.

I look at the americans just not giving a gently caress about 100k deaths and then I look here holy poo poo here we just take for granted that old people will die in miserable conditions, like it's background noise now after all these years.

Why the gently caress is this timeline a thing.

Ben Shapiro says that if you are 82 years old you lived long enough so though luck if you die.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

greazeball posted:

Is that a cuban sandwich?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So Trump wants so sacrifice 100k chuds to the virus god and dems want to stop him?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

4 years of trump tweets are going to be amazing come nov. Just buy out billboards across the country and put his tweets on them.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Are there chicken wing restaurants in Europe? Kinda want to move to Germany now and open a Hüters.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Shaocaholica posted:

So Trump wants so sacrifice 100k chuds to the virus god and dems want to stop him?

Statistically 40,000 of Trump Virus victims (probably) have positive, good political beliefs, so this is a bad take

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Shaocaholica posted:

virus is apolitical. it kills left right and center without a thought

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Bleusilences posted:

Ben Shapiro says that if you are 82 years old you lived long enough so though luck if you die.

I looked him up and he's 36, this checks out.

I mean the "Ben Shapiro says that" part checks out.

It brightens my day knowing I'm just a hair younger than him yet feel about 82 years wiser than him. Thanks!

dee eight posted:

Look at this loving centrist

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

dee eight posted:

without a thought

virus if very trump

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

dee eight posted:

It's been hitting poor people of color very hard, so the virus clearly has an agenda there

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greazeball posted:

Lol I bet Mexicans literally own that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The virus will leave you alone as long as you walk the streets with an AR-15 and a bulletproof vest