Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Bring me some figgy pudding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Son of Man posted:

Bring me some figgy pudding

We won't leave until we get some

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i mean if u think about it,

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

euphronius posted:

lamo get hosed mlb that is insane

could be worse

https://twitter.com/stephapstein/status/1265433358470914051?s=20

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I’m waiting for a bill to sail through both parts of congress saying essential workers can’t strike.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

slave to my cravings posted:

I’m waiting for a bill to sail through both parts of congress saying essential workers can’t strike.

:hmmyes:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

at least they get bernie bucks which will be a pay raise :)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

players should file an unfair labor practice charge immediatly

i'm not gonna feel bad for bryce harper getting paid 7 million dollars to sit on his rear end at home

the minor leaguers are a different story though

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

they can get jobs at amazon warehouses

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the nhl should cancel the season

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

i'm not gonna feel bad for bryce harper getting paid 7 million dollars to sit on his rear end at home

the minor leaguers are a different story though

that’s a scab mentality also he’s working every day not “sitting home” jfc what is wrong with people

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i say this knowing that the flyers were really hot if not the best team in the nhl right up until the stoppage, so naturally something really bad will happen if they continue the playoffs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

that’s a scab mentality also he’s working every day not “sitting home” jfc what is wrong with people

7m to not have to travel and just do workouts

seems fair

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
you should never, ever side with owners over players. Ever.

what the gently caress is wrong with leftists that they turn a blind eye to this as soon as sports ball is involved.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i know its only one poster but ffs you see it all the time on these stupid forums

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

7m to not have to travel and just do workouts

seems fair

how much are the owners making and they aren’t even good at baseball

Middleton INHERITED his fortune jfc what is wrong with you

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

how much are the owners making and they aren’t even good at baseball

Middleton INHERITED his fortune jfc what is wrong with you

make them give it out as bernie bucks and/or put it towards proper covid treatment

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So all the New York snowbirds who die in Florida that Florida isn't counting because they aren't Florida residents, are they just stateless? Is Florida just straight up disappearing people now?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Look just tell me the odds I will get to watch the phanatic fighting a team of scabs.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

So all the New York snowbirds who die in Florida that Florida isn't counting because they aren't Florida residents, are they just stateless? Is Florida just straight up disappearing people now?

I hope so.

Source: I live here

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Ardennes posted:

Btw, I have actually seen less people on the streets in Portland/Portland metro area recently. Maybe they are in Bend?

Haven't been going out too much but it is somewhat busy, doesnt seem look like a ton of tourists. Mostly it's only older folks masked up, some middle aged people but seems like all the younger people and central oregon bearded jacked up truck bro types have decided to skip out on wearing anything. Redmond had the highest growth rate in the state last week.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

COVID-420 posted:

Top 5 New Cases Today

5. Texas +895
4. New York +1,049
3. Illinois +1,178
2. Virginia +1,615
1. California +2,625

:stare: at those Cali and Virginia numbers. Broke the record on both for highest total yet in those states.

Honorable mention goes to Alabama with an eye-popping +664.

lmao new york here we come. Thank god we're opening up salons.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

wave guns around to demand hair salons open up: cops do nothing

protest against killer cops:

https://twitter.com/EChalouxKSTP/status/1265444840080388096?s=20

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

wave guns around to demand hair salons open up: cops do nothing

protest against killer cops:

https://twitter.com/EChalouxKSTP/status/1265444840080388096?s=20

just saw this, yeah. absolutely hosed. hey we can choke out random black men to death in the midst of a pandemic and if you say anything about it we'll gas you. very cool america

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Still under 100k US fatalities! Incredible, Mr. President

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MW_Unrest/status/1265446187794083840

pandemic riots begin now

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

slave to my cravings posted:

they can get jobs at amazon warehouses

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

pandemic riots begin now

the twist is it's a regular US police riot

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cops real brave taking on the protesters without guns

magiccarpet has issued a correction as of 02:09 on May 27, 2020

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Stanky Bean posted:

Haven't been going out too much but it is somewhat busy, doesnt seem look like a ton of tourists. Mostly it's only older folks masked up, some middle aged people but seems like all the younger people and central oregon bearded jacked up truck bro types have decided to skip out on wearing anything. Redmond had the highest growth rate in the state last week.
In the Freddies off hawthorne ive been very pleased to see 95%+ people masked up, the usual culprits that don't are teens in my experience

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Although it has been almost 3 weeks since I've been shopping, so YMMV

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

wave guns around to demand hair salons open upLiterally heavily armed Russian backed separatist jihadists storm legislature: cops do nothing

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

so theyre basically interns now

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

why would you try to pretend the chud reopening protests were a foreign imposition, and not created by capitalists entirely within the US

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

knobgobblin posted:

aaaww now I'm only getting high 6 figgies instead of low 7 figgies to play sports for a partial season. Won't someone think of our struggling professional athletes???!!

imagine a career where you have a >10% annual chance of having to find a new career with a high school diploma, no transferable skills, and a high likelihood of permanent physical and mental disability

also you pay double the taxes of any ceo and have to cut in your agent, manager, union while 18th cousins look at you like a meal ticket

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Like on the electrification project?

nah doing another very large project that's next to caltrain requiring some work up on the tracks for monitoring

but yeah traffic was like 85% back to normal rush hour shitshow backed up to caesar chavez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

theflyingexecutive posted:

imagine a career where you have a >10% annual chance of having to find a new career with a high school diploma, no transferable skills, and a high likelihood of permanent physical and mental disability

also you pay double the taxes of any ceo and have to cut in your agent, manager, union while 18th cousins look at you like a meal ticket

puppet master incoming, just a few posts down my dudes

knobgobblin posted:

i wasn't being serious and i think any collective bargaining power used to tell our dear leaders to suck it is 100% a good thing