Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

BULBASAUR posted:

after we get toasted at seattle plague rat's place, follow me to the mountains, where we can meet the bong druid of mammoth weed lake

I was a lone traveler, and he gifted me with solitude all weekend long

its good to know there is still magic in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

after we get toasted at seattle plague rat's place, follow me to the mountains, where we can meet the bong druid of mammoth weed lake

is that stick supposed to be on fire?

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
hey alright now ur talking

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I’m doing my part to help

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

MorrisBae posted:

Top places for the Google search "I Can't Smell" in the last 7 days according to Google Trends

1. Illinois
2. Wisconsin
3. Alabama
4. Indiana
5. Maryland
6. Pennsylvania
7. South Carolina
8. Virginia
9. New Jersey
10. Minnesota
11. Arizona
12. Louisiana
13. New York
14. Georgia
15. Texas
16. Tennessee
17. Connecticut
18. North Carolina
19. Massachusetts
20. Ohio
21. Michigan
22. Missouri
23. California
24. Colorado
25. Nevada
26. Florida
27. Washington

Pretty interesting

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
my only concern is what if google trends handles phrases like that in a weird way by considering their component words independently

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Solarin posted:

is that stick supposed to be on fire?

the ice cold beer was fire

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

remember when this thread used to be about the corona virus

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CODChimera posted:

Coronavirus deez nuts

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

CODChimera posted:

This thread will never die

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

CODChimera posted:

good thing we beat it and everything is back to normal now :kheldragar:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BULBASAUR posted:

Gorgeous. It's supposed to rain where I'm going in the forest tomorrow to Saturday and I am kinda happy about it. I love the sound of rain on a tent

I have a second interview today and I hope I don't screw it up too much because I'm really good at screwing stuff up by just existing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1265597878032044038?s=20

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Decades of propaganda to get people to distrust science and medicine keep paying off over and over again.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hell yeah baby shoot me up with that WARP SPEED vaccine!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
They're not wrong to be cautious. Vaccines take years to develop. Americans should've locked down if they wanted a quick fix.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Steve Yun posted:

I’m doing my part to help

just pivot to bespoke hand sanitizer for $500 a bottle, and if anyone asks why you smell like a distillery you can cover your day drinking by claiming it’s just macellan 80 hand wash

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Judakel posted:

They're not wrong to be cautious. Vaccines take years to develop. Americans should've locked down if they wanted a quick fix.

True but most vaccines don’t have the manpower and money that’s being thrown at the covid ones. I do think the ‘warp speed’ one will end up failing because it’s likely just for pumping stock. I think we’ll have something in a year. Maybe a non-perfect one that requires multiple doses or only minimises symptoms. But that’s certainly a start.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Judakel posted:

I can't tell if the question that they were asked had anything to do about a timeline. An article sounded like they wouldn't take it if it was released too soon, and part of it sounds like they wouldn't take it no matter how long it took to develop.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Judakel posted:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dustcat posted:

wait, amazon employees wear cloth masks at work instead of being provided with actual N95s?

our masks are super-cheap surgical masks, which have a horrendous smell which is super cool when you have to wear it for 10 hours, and they're super poorly made so they snap all the time and ive found some where they forgot to put the wire in for glasses, tho most people wear them incorrectly ie nose out or just let it dangle off the face covering nothing

we also arent really being provided with gloves, wipes, or alcohol spray but based on talking to the people who keep all that under lock and key it sounds like that's more because my team's managers are stealing it for themselves instead of distributing it to the team lmao

anyway get back to work amazon stock isnt gonna keep skyrocketing if you dont

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.politico.eu/article/france-bans-use-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-cure-coronavirus/

quote:

The French health ministry is banning the use of the hydroxychloroquine as a cure to coronovirus, according to a decree published Wednesday morning.

"Whether [in doctors offices] in the cities or in the hospital, this ... should not be prescribed for patients with COVID-19," the ministry said in a statement.

On Tuesday, the country’s public health agency advised against using hydroxychloroquine outside of clinical trials. Shortly after that, the national medicines regulator suspended its use in clinical trials.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Shima Honnou posted:

our masks are super-cheap surgical masks, which have a horrendous smell which is super cool when you have to wear it for 10 hours, and they're super poorly made so they snap all the time and ive found some where they forgot to put the wire in for glasses, tho most people wear them incorrectly ie nose out or just let it dangle off the face covering nothing

we also arent really being provided with gloves, wipes, or alcohol spray but based on talking to the people who keep all that under lock and key it sounds like that's more because my team's managers are stealing it for themselves instead of distributing it to the team lmao

anyway get back to work amazon stock isnt gonna keep skyrocketing if you dont

But you all got drink mix right?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/benyt/status/1265278125841121294?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

The Amazon app, at least for the Android device, tracks so much, even physical activity. People who use their products without turning off permissions are feeding the system even without purchasing a single item. I'm of the paranoid belief that turning it off does nothing because I work in tech and have seen strange "bugs-not-really-bugs" and also wear a tinfoil hat so I tend to uninstall everything

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

facetoucher cat posted:

But you all got drink mix right?

lol no nobody got anything like that

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CODChimera posted:

Hitler: "My dogs got Coronavirus!"

Assembled Hitler Youth, in unison: "How does he smell?"

Hitler: "Terrible!"

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Judakel posted:

yeah, i'm all for getting the vaccine if it's been thoroughly vetted, but i wager there's a 70% chance the warp speed vaccine makes people grow extra ears on their butts or something.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

an owls casket posted:

yeah, i'm all for getting the vaccine if it's been thoroughly vetted, but i wager there's a 70% chance the warp speed vaccine makes people grow extra ears on their butts or something.

Vice-a versa.

Yoi think its weird but generations from now people who don't have earbutts to poop out their earwax will be considered freaks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
open

er

up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

how could you not post the best part? https://twitter.com/PEHJackson/status/1265392235409014784

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

tyranny

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

I say now looks like the time

to open her up!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

huh a week after our town reopened some commercial spaces for the beaches our confirmed cases per day just doubled from the last week

surely this is a coincidence

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Regarde Aduck posted:

True but most vaccines don’t have the manpower and money that’s being thrown at the covid ones. I do think the ‘warp speed’ one will end up failing because it’s likely just for pumping stock. I think we’ll have something in a year. Maybe a non-perfect one that requires multiple doses or only minimises symptoms. But that’s certainly a start.

Don't make the mistake of "More Money = Faster and Better!". It only rarely holds true and only when there's significant organisational and leadership power behind getting better results. Particularly in modern America "More Money = More Expensive and Worse!" is a more reliable assumption because everything is grift. The government could dump a trillion dollars into a vaccine, salivating at the thought of holding it over the world, and in eighteen months have nothing more than hydroxychloroquine in a cheap needle. It's grift all the way down, and anyone trying to do real immunology is competing with hucksters pushing the emperor's favoured snake oil.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Jon Irenicus posted:

huh a week after our town reopened some commercial spaces for the beaches our confirmed cases per day just doubled from the last week

surely this is a coincidence

Come on now, correlation doesn't mean causation

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Often Abbreviated posted:

Don't make the mistake of "More Money = Faster and Better!". It only rarely holds true and only when there's significant organisational and leadership power behind getting better results. Particularly in modern America "More Money = More Expensive and Worse!" is a more reliable assumption because everything is grift. The government could dump a trillion dollars into a vaccine, salivating at the thought of holding it over the world, and in eighteen months have nothing more than hydroxychloroquine in a cheap needle. It's grift all the way down, and anyone trying to do real immunology is competing with hucksters pushing the emperor's favoured snake oil.

Yeah but other countries exist, one of them might be competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ALL SIDES