Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Wouldn't all they do be decrease your rate of mana potion consumption without actually affecting your combat effectiveness?
Thanks to Mana Sickness, needing less of them actually increases your combat effectiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zereth posted:

Thanks to Mana Sickness, needing less of them actually increases your combat effectiveness.

Wait what's mana sickness

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait what's mana sickness

You do less damage after using mana potions.

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Mana_Sickness

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Drops being tied to the sandstorm when it basically never occurs is pretty frustrating.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

What kind of accessories should I be gunning for in hardmode as a mage?

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Mana_Cloak

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Internet Kraken posted:

Drops being tied to the sandstorm when it basically never occurs is pretty frustrating.

I was gonna get the summoner armor from that on my current playthrough, but by the time I saw my first sandstorm, I was already on Plantera stuff.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

cyclical posted:

This sounds pretty fun, who've you been watching?

Several PoE streamers:

- Quin69 (who I don't normally watch and ... well, warning, it's ... something) is doing hardcore expert and was about to fight WoF yesterday
- Zizaran (doing hardcore expert as well, but he's much less far along)
- nugiyen (softcore master)

And a few others
- singsing (dota 2 streamer, he's doing mediumcore expert with one other person - this in particular prompted this post because they just beat the last mech boss and then got a goblin invasion which if one of them hadn't gotten out with a handful of items would have basically cratered that world almost)
- itmejp (TTRPG guy, softcore master)
- grimmmz (FPS streamer, softcore expert I think?)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Somebody else is doing Terraria in real life. This person dug up several tiles of dirt and found a beautiful abandoned house underneath.

https://twitter.com/DapperHistorian/status/1265352701929545728

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Somebody else is doing Terraria in real life. This person dug up several tiles of dirt and found a beautiful abandoned house underneath.

https://twitter.com/DapperHistorian/status/1265352701929545728

They nailed the whole 2D slice aesthetic as well as the dirt block steps.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I have scoured an entire Large underground jungle in search of the Anklet of the Wind. I guess I should fish it up instead?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
For Angler quests, if a fish can be caught at multiple depths (like the Mutant Flinxfin that can be caught Underground, Caverns, or Underworld), does the depth matter for apperance rates? Outside of possibly adjusting the rest of the fish table.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Quick underground Corruption fishing trip report: After 16 minutes of Fishing, Sonar, Crate and Lesser Luck potion assisted fishing (with Angler armor and tackle bag accessory) with a garden gnome and corrupt torch nearby, I obtained the following: 58 Ebonkoi, 12 Armored Cavefish, 9 Corrupt Crates, 4 Golden Crates, 8 Iron Crates and 40 Wooden Crates.

After opening all of them, I now have: 78g direct from crates, 3 sailfish boots, 4 tsunami in a bottle, 2 shadow orbs, 2 bands of starpower, 3 vilethorns, a musket, a ball of hurt, and an extractinator, in addition to this potion/bar/bait loot:

After selling all the accessories and weapons I didn't need, I now have 1plat 8gold in addition to the stuff in the chest.

Fishing is mad fun, ya'all.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
After 22 obsidian crates im giving up on the Lava Charm

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Crimson Harvest posted:

After 22 obsidian crates im giving up on the Lava Charm

Lava charm has a 2.5% chance from obsidian crates. Statistically, you need to fish at least 40 for an even chance at getting one.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Well it should have popped when it had the chance then

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

it took me at least 37 crates

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Seriously, this is what Journey mode and item research is for.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Crimson Harvest posted:

Well it should have popped when it had the chance then

As an inanimate object, crates do not understand the concept of 'chances'. Are you quite certain you're feeling alright?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Kalas posted:

Don't you still need to get the item normally first? It wouldn't help if he never acquired the lava charm.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Dreamsicle posted:

Don't you still need to get the item normally first? It wouldn't help if he never acquired the lava charm.
You can duplicate crates. It just takes ten of them.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

You can duplicate crates. It just takes ten of them.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I was thinking about the charm.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I'm starting to love gemspark blocks for the illumination and color possibilities. This honey block farm wouldn't be the same without them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kalas posted:

You can also open up cheat engine and clone them with right click. Journey mode has always existed.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I've only ever found lava charms in regular golden chests, so I'd check around the Cavern layer. After making the Terra boots I still have three spares in one of my chests.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
According to the wiki, it has a 2.5% chance to spawn from both Hellstone crates and Obsidian crates. Nothing about golden crates, though, so I think trying for that may be a waste of time. You can find it in chests in the lava layer, though.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Right, honey/water/lava fishing areas mocked up, with room for obsidian/honey block generation below (each pool has a filled capacity of 500 tiles). Any thoughts or suggestions on changes before I fill them? Lava has hellstone brick lining with ruby gemstone exterior, water has slime block lining with sapphire gemstone exterior, and honey has honey block lining with topaz gemstone exterior.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the chance of it spawning in chests is 2.5% as well iirc

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Was digging back up from the underworld last night when I ran into a patch of dungeon and decided to dig a tunnel around and under it. Turns out about 85% of my dungeon is hidden behind a small patch of those collapsing trap blocks. Whoops.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Holy poo poo, how long has this been a thing? Because it's loving awesome. No more tedious dynamiting of sand.. just dig under it, place torches, break the blocks holding it up, and profit. Sorta like Minecraft does it... huh.

https://i.imgur.com/Sa6dcad.mp4

seems there were another 312 in that pile

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Well the corruption wiped out my underground base.

I found this out when I picked up an Angler quest and tried to pylon over because there was a lake nearby.

Guess that base is dead until I can kill a mech boss, clentaminate the whole place back to normal, then dig a trench around it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Another Angler question: how the gently caress do I make an underground lake count as Underground Hallow fishing oh my god

like I assumed spawning hallow enemies/dropping Souls of Light/seeing crystals (items)/seeing crystals (background) would do it and it sure as gently caress isn't

help plz (ideally without saying "listen to the background music" because I'm playing with sound off if possible)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 27, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Get the Biome Hair Dye from the stylist.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Lone Badger posted:

Get the Biome Hair Dye from the stylist.
I didn't know this existed. Now I just have to figure out where a Hallow is, then I can bring buckets. Still only seeing underground-gray hair. I don't like this.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the color of the water should be like pink or purple if you’re in underground hallow

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's no way to rebind the dodge to a key press separate from the movement buttons is there?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Was digging back up from the underworld last night when I ran into a patch of dungeon and decided to dig a tunnel around and under it. Turns out about 85% of my dungeon is hidden behind a small patch of those collapsing trap blocks. Whoops.

I think every dungeon is like this now. Its kind of annoying to go through all those fake walls.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

those blocks get highlighted by dangersense potions which helps a lot i find

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

There's no way to rebind the dodge to a key press separate from the movement buttons is there?

I think every dungeon is like this now. Its kind of annoying to go through all those fake walls.

Agreed. Mostly the ones you have to dig through. The floors that lead to spike pits are nasty traps, but not nearly as annoying.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

watho posted:

those blocks get highlighted by dangersense potions which helps a lot i find
yeah I would not ever have bothered doing basically anything in the dungeon if not for this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone made a mod for 1.3

How difficult is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Has anyone made a mod for 1.3

How difficult is it

How comfortable are you with C#? I haven't actually tried modding Terraria, but tmodloader seems quite approachable.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tutorial-1-getting-started-with-tmodloader.44817/