Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hmm...I want to see the math. I'm very skeptical you could fit 3 million bodies on even a modern container ship.

what if u pulped them first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hmm...I want to see the math. I'm very skeptical you could fit 3 million bodies on even a modern container ship.

Assuming an average (because it's america) weight of 100kg/~220lbs, that's 100,000 cm^3 or 0.1 m^3 per body

One twenty foot equivalent unit varies but the most commonly-used one is 2.59m x 6.1m x 2.44m = 38.5m^3 = 385 bodies per TEU

A container ship can carry up to 24,000 TEU, or 9,240,000 (optimally compressed, but still-overweight-after-an-extended-ventilator-hospital-side-trip) bodies

assuming you don't do the tetris stacking and actually want to try and figure out who's who afterwards, random googling says "40 bodies per refrigerated truck", so assuming that's approximately a TEU that's only 960,000 but presumably if you're shipping them off into the middle of the ocean you're not doing that

my math or assumptions may be off but if it is i blame wikipedia and/or google

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Admiral Ray posted:

how do you get them to the ship

You use dying COVID patients to carry them there, they die on the ship, bada-bing bada-boom

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Yesh posted:

has anyone heard any news on the state of the camps?

they started gassing people the other day

https://twitter.com/mwiik/status/1265312849649336322

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Admiral Ray posted:

how do you get them to the ship

combination woodchipper and snowblower that some startup in silicon valley came up with

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm home from work and what scant optimism I had left has been completely annihilated by my first night at work since the first half of March

Embarrassing. So many completely unnecessary deaths, so easily prevented.
my dude you have been following the covid since at least early january, and you're just now crack-pinging? neoliberalism was always going to fail at this and it's been said since like the first thread around jan 15th that america could never and will never handle it once it got here and it's absolutely going to explode everywhere. only r0 guyovich thought no, america will never catch it lol

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

combination woodchipper and snowblower that some startup in silicon valley came up with

nah, that's too old tech. we need new tech. 3D printed flesh.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

by deadweight you could fit 2,753,500 bodies at 70kg each on a 192675 DWT containership. by volume I’d need corpse stow factors for 20’ containers. I’m not sure if you’d cube on the cans out before you hit the marks or not. there might also be stack weight considerations for on deck storage bodies are basically water and water is heavy.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

by deadweight you could fit 2,753,500 bodies at 70kg each on a 192675 DWT containership. by volume I’d need corpse stow factors for 20’ containers. I’m not sure if you’d cube on the cans out before you hit the marks or not. there might also be stack weight considerations for on deck storage bodies are basically water and water is heavy.

what if we just dumped em a couple miles out in the ocean in a big sack

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Assuming an average (because it's america) weight of 100kg/~220lbs, that's 100,000 cm^3 or 0.1 m^3 per body

One twenty foot equivalent unit varies but the most commonly-used one is 2.59m x 6.1m x 2.44m = 38.5m^3 = 385 bodies per TEU

A container ship can carry up to 24,000 TEU, or 9,240,000 (optimally compressed, but still-overweight-after-an-extended-ventilator-hospital-side-trip) bodies

assuming you don't do the tetris stacking and actually want to try and figure out who's who afterwards, random googling says "40 bodies per refrigerated truck", so assuming that's approximately a TEU that's only 960,000 but presumably if you're shipping them off into the middle of the ocean you're not doing that

my math or assumptions may be off but if it is i blame wikipedia and/or google

if your math is correct, the vessel would hit its load line marks well before cubing out on volume. don’t want to sink it with corpses do we?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
dont you guys worry, the mypillow guy is on the case and hes going to invent the vaccine using his "patented fill"

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

thinking about how long it'd take for everyone in my county to get COVID-19 if the new case statistics were the actual number of new cases. They decided 90 new cases/day was fine as long as it doesn't increase, and that translates to 19 years before applying to "% being reported" factor, whatever that is

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 07:49 on May 28, 2020

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

holy poo poo psiss

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
opening er up going well in France

https://mobile.twitter.com/CollectifOEIL/status/1263489257332781057

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yup

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1265898348638175232

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Xaris posted:

my dude you have been following the covid since at least early january, and you're just now crack-pinging? neoliberalism was always going to fail at this and it's been said since like the first thread around jan 15th that america could never and will never handle it once it got here and it's absolutely going to explode everywhere. only r0 guyovich thought no, america will never catch it lol

Wait, r guyovich thought the American empire would handle literally anything at all competently? Was he stroking out before the end or what?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

Everyone thinks millions of bodies would occupy a lot of space but its not true. We're really not that big when you optimize for storage instead of respect or living space. You could very easily dispose of millions of corpses in a relatively small space if you gave no fucks about the people the corpses represented.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol good job japan.

https://twitter.com/EsperRider/status/1265799170117566464

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

KaptainKrunk posted:

lmao bernie bucks are the only reason there aren't riots in the street

I’m still under stay at home quarantine orders here in PA.

I went out for a weekly grocery store run. 80/20 ground beef is $8/lb here.

just sayin

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Fat white lady on an electric wheelchair stabbing employees as a big box store.

https://twitter.com/dilanpcook/status/1265908029347827713?s=21

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if anyone is up: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxnQDMzPoJO

bunch of stuff on fire. they keep talking about a construction crane that apparently had a lot of fire at the base. good job cops

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

LMAO, how is this a problem? She has poor reach and is very slow, just walk around her or take another door. people going apeshit over nothing

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

LMAO, how is this a problem? She has poor reach and is very slow, just walk around her or take another door. people going apeshit over nothing

They are lootin she’s a stabbin.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GABA ghoul posted:

focus all attacks on her chair battery to defeat this boss. fire attacks are best, but anything will eventually stop her brutal knife jab

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

shes trying to kill people gently caress her

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/clppng/status/1265888827714879490?s=20

edit: lmao

https://twitter.com/SoraAubrey/status/1265886953012105222?s=20

Ages has issued a correction as of 09:42 on May 28, 2020

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rah! posted:

shes trying to kill people gently caress her

Most stab wounds aren't even deadly. car accidents and depression kill way more people

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol remember when trumd was talking about angel moms who had kids die from murder by an immigrant, of which there were like 4 in the past decade, and now there are over a hundred thousand dead people in three months? lol also at one hundred thousand people being novel since we are going to absolutely get to a million dead people by 2021

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

Most stab wounds aren't even deadly. car accidents and depression kill way more people

having to visit the hospital is financially fatal

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

i fuckin love it :theroni:

It's quite incredible isn't it.

They're openin er up in Poland and I think it's premature but at least se never had a big wave and most of our cases are in one epicenter so there's less risk. You guys just did it in the loving peak lmfao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i've been trying to avoid watching too much of this poo poo because it's depressing but loving lol at that woman in the wheelchair

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

wow better chill out and let her stab u then good point sir

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rah! posted:

wow better chill out and let her stab u then good point sir

it is ableism to not let wheelchair fat lady stab you imo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

cspam violence just won't quit, now they want to stab innocent old ladies

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Xaris posted:

it is ableism to not let wheelchair fat lady stab you imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao