Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Godholio posted:

Hopefully the FBI. Maybe a journalist. Maybe literally anyone besides a nobody twitter account posting screenshots from an unverified facebook conversation. I'd like to think the burden of proof is a little higher than what we've got now. If it turns out to be true, then holy loving poo poo. Buckle up.

If it turns out to be true you'll just move the goalpost again to how it obviously wasnt sanctioned by the dept and he was a crazy weirdo acting on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Been wondering what was behind the police SUV in the original video? Wonder no more:
https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1266194870357692416

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

KirbyKhan posted:

New rules being discussed in CSPAM about mods laying down a basic doxing definition and seeking feedback. Then the mod linked the Federal Department of QCS announcement.

What are you talking about in this post and why aren't there links or something

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Dude, you think they are going to put that on the blotter? In the reality where it is true (like this one) hypothetically who would break and confirm this story?

Are you dense, or just trying to be confrontational?
How about any number of social media sleuths, open source Intel dudes, journalists? His wife could come public with better evidence? Like im what reality do you think only his department could confirm?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Immanentized posted:

Been wondering what was behind the police SUV in the original video? Wonder no more:

i feel sick. this is a looney tunes gag about murder in broad daylight.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Immanentized posted:

thanks I hate it

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Doc Hawkins posted:

i feel sick. this is a looney tunes gag about murder in broad daylight.

Police.mpeg

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lol, of course the chuds are saying that. They're so loving delusional. Those people were just stealing poo poo and trying to get away from her. Looters, by definition, just wanna steal poo poo and get away. Glad they defended themselves. She was stupid to even get involved. God only knows what she was thinking.

Wonder how many people she ended up stabbing. The victims might not have even noticed they got stabbed until later or until they were told they were stabbed, just due to the adrenaline.

So glad there are good street medics out there to treat people.

So where did/does Caro live? :ohdear:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They've overrun and entered the police station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZaOGehK6k

e: and torched

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

iwentdoodie posted:

If it turns out to be true you'll just move the goalpost again to how it obviously wasnt sanctioned by the dept and he was a crazy weirdo acting on his own.

Nah. I actually was hoping there was some kind of federal capital punishment charge that didn't require death, but couldn't find one.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

that unicorn riot stream is wild, ammo stocks cooking off now

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
1:18:00 is around where the fires start cooking the bullets in the armory. Also lol their snacko was lame and sad and left behind.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Godholio posted:

Nah. I actually was hoping there was some kind of federal capital punishment charge that didn't require death, but couldn't find one.

I mean rolling a stop sign can carry the death penalty so why not that?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

iwentdoodie posted:

iwentdoodie posted:

Oh settle the gently caress down.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

iwentdoodie posted:

Find a new hobby.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I'm with Godholio on this one. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it turned out to be a cop doing that poo poo, but gonna need more to go off on other than rando twitter accounts with Facebook messages.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

iwentdoodie posted:

Did I miss where GH sided with the cops or something? Why are you jumping down his throat for wanting proof of something that could be loving nuclear level news?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Did I miss where GH sided with the cops or something?

You're not. He didn't.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

shame on an IGA posted:

Holy poo poo when you as the boot of authority have lost Ben Garrison, you've lost the war.

Garrison is marching to the tune of Trump, who surprisingly has been swift with his condemnation of the cops and voicing his support of Floyd and family.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Knives Amilli posted:

Garrison is marching to the tune of Trump, who surprisingly has been swift with his condemnation of the cops and voicing his support of Floyd and family.

It won't last, Fox News is already bleating about the black, riotous hordes.

But until then, we celebrate.

https://twitter.com/DannySpewak/status/1266210009744105473

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

The St. Paul Police Department responded to this whole thing:

https://twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202226386747392

https://twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202227674361857

I'm inclined to believe them, as I don't think St. Paul PD has anywhere near as much of a racist past as the Minneapolis PD.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

I'm inclined to believe them, as I don't think St. Paul PD has anywhere near as much of a racist past as the Minneapolis PD.

I mean the mayor of St Paul told them not to help the MPD so it sounds like there's a bit of a "you made your bed now lie in it" thing going on

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

what the gently caress

i was not expecting them to confirm they do have an officer named Jacob Pederson and that the tweet had a picture of him. is he divorced? was he on-duty when the video was taken?

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 29, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Have their been any fatalities? I am looking it up and not finding anything.

So the rioters have been burning the city down for two days and in the midsts of all of this chaos, have been able able to keep a lower body count than a 4v1 police encounter with an unarmed cuffed man?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I think two last night. the pawn shop shooting and one other I haven't heard a bunch about.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

How much does the Chinese govt care about white foreigners adopting kids out of the country? Because dropping the hammer by banning adoptions would put a fitting pin in all of this. I thought Ukraine or some other Easter European country took the same sort of action.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Russia got pretty pissed a decade ago when some Karen from Shelbyville, TN sent an 8 year old (I think) back to Russia, unaccompanied. That's about all I remember of adoption scandals.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

facialimpediment posted:

"Hey, we're not denying that one of our officers might've been involved in escalating the riot - just that it isn't the one you think it is. We swear." :troll:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I mean the mayor of St Paul told them not to help the MPD so it sounds like there's a bit of a "you made your bed now lie in it" thing going on

UM said that they are no longer hiring MPD for helping with events so the entire SPPD probably has looney toons overtime dollar sign eyeballs at the moment and don't want to gently caress that up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

1:18:00 is around where the fires start cooking the bullets in the armory. Also lol their snacko was lame and sad and left behind.

Kinda surprised they wouldn't have moved that out when they abandoned the building.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Midjack posted:

Kinda surprised they wouldn't have moved that out when they abandoned the building.

Considering the MPD had to bust down their exit gate and also gassed the first wave of people entering the precinct building, I think they ran out of time.

https://twitter.com/SophNar0747/status/1266213127189905410?s=19

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

90s Solo Cup posted:

How much does the Chinese govt care about white foreigners adopting kids out of the country? Because dropping the hammer by banning adoptions would put a fitting pin in all of this. I thought Ukraine or some other Easter European country took the same sort of action.

They care quite a lot about americans adopting chinese orphans, unless they are disabled in some way, and then it's quite doable.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/1266214377100886016?s=19

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

:drat:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

UM said that they are no longer hiring MPD for helping with events so the entire SPPD probably has looney toons overtime dollar sign eyeballs at the moment and don't want to gently caress that up.

There was that but there was something else that higher government people told SPPD to stay out of it. Can't find it now though.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

not caring here posted:

They care quite a lot about americans adopting chinese orphans, unless they are disabled in some way, and then it's quite doable.

Geez....I forgot about that aspect. Reading further through the twitter thread shows the kid's under the care of another family that hopes to adopt him, so that's a silver lining in a hosed up cloud, I guess?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In god related virus news.

quote:

"Can you smell through that mask?" Rep. Clay Higgins, a Republican of Louisiana, told CNN on Thursday. "Then you're not stopping any sort of a virus. It's part of the dehumanization of the children of God. You're participating in it by wearing a mask."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/house-republicans-masks-debate-covid/index.html

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
You know, I'm watching this all with a level of shock, that it happened here. I was really proud of being a Minnesotan, I really felt like Minnesota was something special in the US. I knew we had a troubled past, but I thought we had overcome that and we had a...a pretty good bead on things. A fairly robust welfare state, good benefits for single mothers and the unemployed, a progressive government, and strong environmental conservation.

When they killed Philando Castile, I just assumed it was a one-off, that this was some paranoid cop who saw bad guys everywhere and killed the first black guy who raised his hand above his waist.

And now with these riots, I don't know. I guess my home isn't as good as I thought it was. Maybe its the fact that not only is it happening, but it's being actively cheered on and encouraged. Last week I thought everything was fine, but now I guess every cop needs to be summary executed, every major retail store and restaurant location needs to be looted and burned to the ground, and hell just gently caress everything and everyone. The system I've been a part of and contributed to since birth does nothing but create chaos and misery, my own personal actions are a part of the problem, and every part of the system needs to be destroyed. If you question any aspect of it, that maybe it's wrong to destroy a department store, or maybe not everything on Twitter is accurate, then it means I'm a bootlicker, a finger wagger, I'm a part why these riots are happening.

And I know, that's not what everyone's saying, but it sure feels that way. I'm sure you guys are gonna jump all over me by explaining how the riots needs to happen, this is a community that's been brutally subjected and systematically disenfranchised, and that's why the Cub grocery store had to burn down, but I still can't shake the feeling that all of this destruction is wrong.

I like hanging out with you guys, and I wouldn't trade the friends I've made here for anything in the world, but I'm gonna take a break from GiP. This should probably be it's own thread, but I didn't intend to write this, it just kind of happened.

Anyway, I'll see you guys around. Hopefully this is over soon.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Big Dave, you aren't the only one that feels that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goonspeed, bigdave. We'll see you on the other side of, well, whatever this mess turns out to be.