Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Simply Simon, you hosed up a perfectly good run! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Ika posted:

Sorry to come back to this, but where do I find out what filter class means what specs? The specs always just list the classes and I haven't found definitions for em.

Is P2 basically FFP2 and P3 even more?

Also the pads you linked need to be combined with other filters, then I may as well get the combined filters as a unit right? It should have almost unlimited life if I don't use it for actual work with dust etc.

E: So mask + 5935 filter inset (for FFP3) + filter unit (which has filter + FFP2 inset + clip) should be everything I need. Now, am I really this crazy/paranoid?

P3 and FFP3 equalize to the same particle filtration ability. Difference is that FFP norms also test for leakage because FFP masks never have a gas tight face seal. FFP2 have a maximum averagetest leakage of 8 percent, FFP3 of 3 percent.

For filter cartridges, it is assumed the silicone mask creates a gas tight seal (it is usually required to test this by covering the filter intake and trying to inhale. If the mask immediately pulls itself tight without any air intake it is assumed a gas tight seal) therefore they do not have a leakage rating.

Should be everything you need yes. Bonus is after corona you have a very good mask for home improvement or the like if you ever feel like it. Just store it in a container and disinfect it regularly. It will get plenty wet on the inside.

For the gas filter specs

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atemschutzfilter

Please note the section on how to detect a saturated gas or particle filter.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 28, 2020

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Combat Theory posted:

P3 and FFP3 equalize to the same particle filtration ability. Difference is that FFP norms also test for leakage because FFP masks never have a gas tight face seal. FFP2 have a maximum averagetest leakage of 8 percent, FFP3 of 3 percent.

For filter cartridges, it is assumed the silicone mask creates a gas tight seal (it is usually required to test this by covering the filter intake and trying to inhale. If the mask immediately pulls itself tight without any air intake it is assumed a gas tight seal) therefore they do not have a leakage rating.

Should be everything you need yes. Bonus is after corona you have a very good mask for home improvement or the like if you ever feel like it. Just store it in a container and disinfect it regularly. It will get plenty wet on the inside.
Thanks for the info. Thread delivers once again =)

And that last sentence was why I decided to go with this option last night. Basically I can get something that will last for decades and is safer and more comfortable for the same price as the current market price of a dozen disposable masks with unknown provenance. Now I can order it and it should arrive next week.

Combat Theory posted:

For the gas filter specs

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atemschutzfilter

Please note the section on how to detect a saturated gas or particle filter.

Will do!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
please dont tell me you are going to wear those insane fallout cyberpunk masks in public, ops :ohdear:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the wetter is nice and I hung out a lot outside the last days, and can I just say that there's literally nothing out of the ordinary anymore? No one (including the police) gives a poo poo anymore. The streets are full of people, all the terraces are full of people eating and drinking, the parks are overfilled and people are playing football, etc. Yesterday I was chilling in the park and two Bullen were literally looking at a game of football on one of the pitches and then walked away.

the only visible difference is that most people were a mask in the öffis I guess, but even that is changing. I now often see people without masks, and many mask wearers wear their masks very, very halfheartedly. Same goes for shops.

the only lovely thing is that of course clubs and venues are still closed, which sucks a lot for everyone involved, but I guess that's going to be the very last thing that opens up.

oliwan fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 28, 2020

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

oliwan posted:

please dont tell me you are going to wear those insane fallout cyberpunk masks in public, ops :ohdear:

Definitely keeping the option open for 2 hour train trips if the numbers go back up / people start getting really bad. People constantly get right next to you even when there are 20m of space on all sides and its annoying :(

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

oliwan posted:

I mean, we're already living in a boring lovely cyberpunk future. Might at least have the aesthetic while we're at it.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Zwille posted:

Simply Simon, you hosed up a perfectly good run! :argh:
oy vey

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Someone please tell me how these two pictures have the exact same energy

https://twitter.com/wayneschlegel_/status/1265761519167590401?s=21

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Ika posted:

People constantly get right next to you even when there are 20m of space on all sides and its annoying :(

Shower less

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

doener with extra knobbi.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

There’s no architectural trend I hate more than these Küchen integrated into giant living rooms. Wtf. I want an enclosed kitchen because it’s full of smells and fat and whatnot, and I don’t have nor want a living room.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Also LOL, I guess I’ll have to do my two hour commute again by mid-September, just in time for the zweite Welle.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Those kitchens are for people who are more interested in the kitchen as a showpiece than in the act of cooking.

About the last thing I want is for my entire living room to smell of boiling chickpeas. They solve that problem by ordering hummus so the showpiece doesn't get dirty.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I used to have a raging boner for open layouts but then my sister tore the walls out in her house and took out all the doors and then her family of six ran out of oil in the middle of the winter :newlol:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Zwille posted:

family of six

:thermidor:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Trust me, a mandoline would be more appropriate :v:

Kidding, love my sis

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

A friend has a house where the kitchen is adjacent to the living room (which is U shaped with a pillar with afireplace), but the kitchen is only 3-4m wide and much longer and connected to one of the legs of the U. So you only see the kitchen from the side of the living room which has the table in it. That is quite nice. I wouldn't want a really big seemless connection between the two, but that setup means he and his wife can talk even if only one of em is cooking without yelling through a door.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Ika posted:

I wouldn't want a really big seemless connection between the two, but that setup means he and his wife can talk even if only one of em is cooking without yelling through a door.
We discovered the following life hack: If you open the door, you don't have to yell through it. Blew our minds.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Wipfmetz posted:

We discovered the following life hack: If you open the door, you don't have to yell through it. Blew our minds.

It may surprise you, but I considered that fact. I also took into account how well that worked out in the house I grew up in.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I feel like as a modern man you should be empowered to enter the kitchen while your wife is cooking.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Pfft, get an intercom

Anyway Drosten with another :iceburn:

https://twitter.com/alf_frommer/status/1266287906307444737?s=21

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:toot:

https://www.zeit.de/politik/2020-05/zdf-politikbaromenter-mehrheitliche-unterstuetzung-krisenpolitik-regierung-corona-krise-meinung

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
our modest not-quite 60m2 Wohnung has a fully seperate kitchen with a door you can close, it's very good, thank you for reading.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Two extra walls and a door just for a kitchen? Na das kostest aber bestimmt wieder viel Geld. Und braucht man das wirklich? Man kann auch einfach gut durchlüften und gut ist. Ich bin ja nich aus Geld gemacht

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Regarding modern kitchens not made for cooking, I totally agree. The kitchen stowage space in my apartment (only one balcony, thank you) is definitely just too small to even stow half the things you need for cooking. Also Minergie standard and cooking, whoever made that standard has never done anything in a kitchen before. Minergie influences the Abzug: it takes the air from cooking, blows it at the top in the direction of an exhaust and somehow just not all of the air arrives there but is recirculated. Obviously into the living room since there is no door. And into the bed room since I normally don't close the door. Just not outside, except if i open a window (which is against the basic idea of Minergie).

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I knew a rich guy who had his kitchen in the living room, and he cooked a lot of greasy Japanese food. Turns out it works ok if you install a really fancy Dunsthaube and clean every day. And it is admittedly sort of nice when friends come to visit.
But since I have no friends, don't wipe the counters daily and don't want the cat gallivanting in the kitchen when I'm not there, I want walls and doors.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

pidan posted:

I knew a rich guy who had his kitchen in the living room, and he cooked a lot of greasy Japanese food. Turns out it works ok if you install a really fancy Dunsthaube and clean every day. And it is admittedly sort of nice when friends come to visit.
But since I have no friends, don't wipe the counters daily and don't want the cat gallivanting in the kitchen when I'm not there, I want walls and doors.

the funny thing is: if youre rich you have no choice, look up the most expensive apartments nowadays and they all are open kitchen nightmares

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...ible%22:true%7D

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://www.der-postillon.com/2020/05/reichelt-twitter.html

This is some classy trolling. :discourse:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Our rented 73sqm flat from '65 has lovely fuses and is a bit run down. But it has a 8mx1. 5m balcony including a pantry and also a separate kitchen that is square cut so it can acoomodate 2-3 people comfortably when cooking together.

I will overlook a lot of negatives for that kitchen and balcony.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm glad I just made it to Wohnungschat since I just took possession of my new apartment today. 1000 Euroubles warm for 60qm in München...IT'S A loving STEAL

:smith:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the funny thing is: if youre rich you have no choice, look up the most expensive apartments nowadays and they all are open kitchen nightmares

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...ible%22:true%7D

What the gently caress are you talking about? Is there a terrorist landlord organization I don't know about running around holding guns to the heads of poor rich people? No-one is forcing rich people to rent lovely apartments.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm glad I just made it to Wohnungschat since I just took possession of my new apartment today. 1000 Euroubles warm for 60qm in München...IT'S A loving STEAL

Everything in Bavaria is a steal.

Because it has been built with money stolen from Norddeutsche Kohle- und Stahlkumpel. :colbert:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

:golfclap:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I apologize for the complaining, please kindly peruse these pictures of my plant's last day on their sunshine-heavy Westbalkon before moving into a much more sunshine-challenged Südbalkon tomorrow:

Peep my Numex Twilight reaching for the sky with it's rich color spectrum.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I apologize for the complaining, please kindly peruse these pictures of my plant's last day on their sunshine-heavy Westbalkon before moving into a much more sunshine-challenged Südbalkon tomorrow:

Peep my Numex Twilight reaching for the sky with it's rich color spectrum.

:kimchi:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Man that's the one downside of our balcony. It is absolutely huge and I could grow all kinds of stuff. But it faces southeast and everything just burns, even a sturdy rosemary was turned to tinder over a weekend 2 years ago, ever since I just gave up.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hopper posted:

Man that's the one downside of our balcony. It is absolutely huge and I could grow all kinds of stuff. But it faces southeast and everything just burns, even a sturdy rosemary was turned to tinder over a weekend 2 years ago, ever since I just gave up.

Make Steingärten Alda. Just need some Goldrand-Servierteller vom Trödler, arrange some ethically sourced rocks on there, and add a lil Steinbrech / Sempervivum from your local Schotterparkplatz / Straßenrand / Felswand. I don't even know how those things do it, I have them on all my Fensterbretter and they just keep on trucking through the Mördersommer no fucks given. No watering no nothing required. I've acquired three varieties so far. They're really cute and if you can find pretty rocks it rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Enjoy your 45 min commute