Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Why do you suppose certain chapters are named Kaguya Shinomiya's Impossible Challenge?

"Swallow's Cowry" is pretty straightforward, since it was started by Kaguya challenging Ishigami to obtain his Impossible Request, Tsubame Koyasu, and all of the subsequent chapters are about his relationship with her. "Buddha's Stone Begging Bowl" isn't as clear cut, but the one we have so far features Kaguya siding with Iino's Impossible Request, Kobachi Osaragi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations

Mraagvpeine posted:

Why do you suppose certain chapters are named Kaguya Shinomiya's Impossible Challenge?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HEFLEGvv-Er3CGgM57-ccTYuDnwBKLh0YnQKJXTmBdg/edit

It's a nod to the original Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Grouchio posted:

Game Grumps spotted on page 7! :vince:

Kiryu Coco is there too!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Weird, 191 still isn't up for me.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
lmfao once again one of the best chapters yet

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dabir posted:

Weird, 191 still isn't up for me.

Hit F5, it was the same for me.

I guess this is setting up that awkward conversation where Tsubame tells Ishigami she likes him, but just as a friend? He does not seem the type of person to take that well.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Game Grumps spotted on page 7! :vince:

where? i'm not seeing it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh god, it's worse than I thought. One of the commenters paid a loving dowry for Kei's hand in marriage.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

jeeeeesus good job capturing how hosed up stream chat is

Inflammatory posted:

where? i'm not seeing it.

Right at the bottom, on the left.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 4, 2020

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Supersonic Shine posted:

Oh god, it's worse than I thought. One of the commenters paid a loving dowry for Kei's hand in marriage.

Fortunately superchats aren't contracts of adhesion.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Papagane might look like, act like, or say things like a fool, but dude clearly knows what's up wrt his family. Hell, he was able to get Kaguya to 'fess up that she likes his son in the time it takes an average punk band to get through two songs. Hell, he knew...

... he knew all along. :stonklol:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Papa Shirogane really just seems like a pretty competent guy who went through some real poo poo and just never quite recovered.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Now that I think about it, Papagane reminds me a bit of Emperor Norton, but he's got his head on far too straight for a deeper comparison.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Papagane is the best character and I wish I had a dad like that.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Wark Say posted:

Also, Papagane might look like, act like, or say things like a fool, but dude clearly knows what's up wrt his family. Hell, he was able to get Kaguya to 'fess up that she likes his son in the time it takes an average punk band to get through two songs. Hell, he knew...

... he knew all along. :stonklol:

Daaaddy Daddy Knew!

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

ActionZero posted:

Daaaddy Daddy Knew!

:aaaaa:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ActionZero posted:

Daaaddy Daddy Knew!
OH MY GOD

:tviv:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ActionZero posted:

Daaaddy Daddy Knew!
:pusheen:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ActionZero posted:

Daaaddy Daddy Knew!

:eyepop:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

ActionZero posted:

Daaaddy Daddy Knew!

:stare:

Chapter is brilliant, Kei possibly falling into the live streaming abyss for money is :ohdear: , and it turns out Tsubame previously got some really terrible advice. And oh boy that cliffhanger. :aaaaa:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Tsubame just seems completely unable to think for herself. She just acts on the advice of other people.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Tsubame just seems completely unable to think for herself. She just acts on the advice of other people.

Honestly, mood.

As a kid I'd follow everyone's directions except my own because I was super scared of loving up and putting myself out there. If it was someone else telling me what to do, then that meant less blame would go to me, and if others wanted it, then it wouldn't be wrong to follow their instructions, right?

It was a pretty exhausting mindset.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

ActionZero posted:

Daaaddy Daddy Knew!

That's been going through my brain since the new OP but I could have sworn someone posted it already, now we know for sure

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

So the Official Doujin is ending.

Bit of a shame, especially considering how they turned it around from boring Fan-Service to interesting au stories. I just hope we get an epilogue/aftermath to the Hayasaka/Shirogane story.

I originally read the headline as "Kaguya-sama wants to be confessed to [...] Ends this month" and my heart jumped into my throat. :sweatdrop:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Hell, he was able to get Kaguya to 'fess up that she likes his son in the time it takes an average punk band to get through two songs.

Which chapter was this?

***Edit***

Thank you!

Arbite fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 6, 2020

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Arbite posted:

Which chapter was this?

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/86/1/

(sports festival)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

As long as the shiptrash side manga continues, I can live without Kaguya For Perverts.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Dabir posted:

As long as the shiptrash side manga continues, I can live without Kaguya For Perverts.

but isn't that also the main manga? :confused:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Or my name's not John Q. Anime!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Super Jay Mann posted:

It is, but it's not its stated goal.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPj1b8IcUPQ

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

It is, but it's not its stated goal.
The regulars of the ADTRW thread for the Kaguya-sama manga lied as easily as they breathed

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I was reading through Kaguya again, because as you may have heard it is a very fun manga, and I came across this page (note the bottom left panel):

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/111/14/

Goddamn Aka, why are you so good :argh:.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Speaking of the official doujin, 2 new chapters:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/916995/1

Save us, :chast2b:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

I feel like this should be Mahoro instead.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Next:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Before the Kaguya Doujin ends, I hope one of the chapters is a Bamboo Cutter parody so we can come full circle

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Out of curiosity, is there someone who's keeping track of which chapters are getting adapted into anime and which ones aren't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Out of curiosity, is there someone who's keeping track of which chapters are getting adapted into anime and which ones aren't?

In fact, Guya does that. It's an amazing site where you can even search for the text of the entire manga.