Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

oh yeah, you get the recipe pretty quick :) if you're good friends with villagers, sometimes they'll give you medicine when your face is all hosed up.

also, tip: always shake trees while holding a net, from the front. all you have to do then is press a when the wasps pop out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Inzombiac posted:

I needed one more villager so I set out to grab whomever and I got ROBBIT.

AAAHHHHH

Ribbot is great! His house is amazing and the music all sounds like gargling when you talk to him.

Plus it kills me that he's always talking about how much he sweats when he's a robot frog.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I just went and talked to Isabelle because I'd only got one piece of feedback before and wanted to get more hot takes for my island, and apparently KK Slider has already heard of me and will be on his way at some point!

This feels too soon! I've barely even started properly decorating my island yet. I want it to look like The Village from the Prisoner but at the moment it's just a maelstrom of various bits and bobs littered about and a big field of flowers I've just shoved in a corner.

I'm worried that I'll miss out a superior photo opp with KK in the future because he's inexplicably drawn to gig here already!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

SomeKindofVerb posted:

I just went and talked to Isabelle because I'd only got one piece of feedback before and wanted to get more hot takes for my island, and apparently KK Slider has already heard of me and will be on his way at some point!

This feels too soon! I've barely even started properly decorating my island yet. I want it to look like The Village from the Prisoner but at the moment it's just a maelstrom of various bits and bobs littered about and a big field of flowers I've just shoved in a corner.

I'm worried that I'll miss out a superior photo opp with KK in the future because he's inexplicably drawn to gig here already!

You'll see him each Saturday. Don't worry.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Bluebell is opening up because it's my goddamned birthday today!

Nook's are selling a cuckoo clock, a super-expensive briefcase, a surfboard and some other stuff!
Abel's are selling a frugal outfit, star shades, balloon hats, a watermelon hat and some other neat things!
The town is AWASH in BIRTHDAY MAGIC! Visit the jungle campsite, park, victorian garden, and funfair!

I am giving away roughly ten billion fossils and a few DIY's and rugs and things near the beach.

Leave me nice messages or what-have-you! I''m working on making a mini-golf course right now, so any kind of silly decorations for that are appreciated!

Code in this here thread

CLOSED

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 4, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Licarn posted:

Snake Pit has turnips for 519 bells

wow my island managed to stay connected the whole time, thanks for visiting goons :)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it might only be the sisterly villagers that give you medicine. I've only ever gotten it from Flo

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it might only be the sisterly villagers that give you medicine. I've only ever gotten it from Flo

Nah, Nan gave me medicine once, and she’s normal.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Calico Heart posted:

Bluebell is opening up because it's my goddamned birthday today!

Nook's are selling a cuckoo clock, a super-expensive briefcase, a surfboard and some other stuff!
Abel's are selling a frugal outfit, star shades, balloon hats, a watermelon hat and some other neat things!
The town is AWASH in BIRTHDAY MAGIC! Visit the jungle campsite, park, victorian garden, and funfair!

I am giving away roughly ten billion fossils and a few DIY's and rugs and things near the beach.

Leave me nice messages or what-have-you! I''m working on making a mini-golf course right now, so any kind of silly decorations for that are appreciated!

Code in this here thread

CLOSED

Thank you SO MUCH for all the gifts and everything. There are some very sweet goons in the world and having so many people head over was really nice.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I have Saharah on my island offer Street art wall and floral Rush mat flooring for bells, and Heavy curtain wall and field flooring for tickets. Nooks has a white surfboard, pot rack, toilet and aluminium briefcase. Also Ables has the Renaissance dress and Zap helmet. (Not really sure what clothes are considered noteworthy).

Do the summer items in the shop not change? I’ve had the same surfboard since the fourth slot appeared.

Dodo code closed

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 4, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Picayune posted:

Just a quick hint for anyone who doesn't know: if you get stung by a wasp, run over and talk to a villager while your face is still all puffy. They'll console you and give you a recipe for medicine! (One wasps' nest and a few grass - sounds very healthy.)

The weird thing is I'm pretty sure there's precedent in using the source of the poison to treat poisoning.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Do the summer items in the shop not change? I’ve had the same surfboard since the fourth slot appeared.

That sounds like bad RNG luck. I've had the fan twice and two separate surfboard designs.

Does anyone know how many different surfboard designs there are? I've managed to collect six so far

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Y'all may have noticed blue summer shells washing up now. You'll need 30 to craft every DIY that uses them, and the recipes only come from balloons. Were the cherry blossom DIYs the same way? I only ever found the 1 recipe Isabelle gave me. Anyway the shell wreath, and underwater floor/wall all look great from the thumbnails.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 4, 2020

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
I’ve got Wolfgang making an umbrella stand if anyone wants it! He’s east of the airport, across the river, and just above the beach.

Turnips are only 117. Nothing too special at Nook’s or Able’s.

If you’re feeling generous, I have a small flower breeding island—just north east of residential services. Watering cans are in the stalls. Any bit helps!

Dodo:closed

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 4, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Waffle! posted:

Y'all may have noticed blue summer shells washing up now. You'll need 30 to craft every DIY that uses them, and the recipes only come from balloons. Were the cherry blossom DIYs the same way? I only ever found the 1 recipe Isabelle gave me. Anyway the shell wreath, and underwater floor/wall all look great from the thumbnails.

Yeah, they're only found in balloons from what I've seen. I assume Isabelle may give one out at some point.

Wedding stuff isn't DIY, but there's more of it, and some of the stuff is really cool compared to the summer stuff in my opinion.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I finally got my expanded Nook's! And my basement! :)

It'll take another turnip trip to pay off, though. I've got the balance down to 1,000,000 bells.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Anime_Otaku posted:

They do. I’ve had the same surfboard a few times but one day they were offering an orange desk fan in my shop instead.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Thank you so much to whoever drew this absolutely adorable picture of my villagers when visiting my town for my birthday. It is so sweet!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Calico Heart posted:

Thank you so much to whoever drew this absolutely adorable picture of my villagers when visiting my town for my birthday. It is so sweet!

Are you closed? I'm tryna bring you a birthday present!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I'm closed! Thanks so much - can't really remain open anymore today though!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oh! I guess personalities that wake up late in the day (~9-10am) wake up extra early for their birthday. Today is Reneigh's birthday and she's actually awake now, before Nook's even opens.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Ketchup was pondering something this morning, so I went to talk to her. Turns out she wanted the great white shark I had just caught and hadn’t given to the museum yet. She wanted to trade me some goggles for it.

I did not let her have it. Jaws is safely in the museum now.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

That's gorgeous! Is there a way to make in-game writing easier? (phone app or something) or are people just that talented with the Switch stick drawing.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You can use the touchscreen playing handheld on the board.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Also, for what it's worth you can use both typing and drawing in the same post. Not a huge deal, it just took me a while to even think of trying it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Huxley posted:

You can use the touchscreen playing handheld on the board.

I've owned a Switch for two weeks and did not realize the screen was a touch screen. :negative:

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

I've owned a Switch for two weeks and did not realize the screen was a touch screen. :negative:

They seemingly dissuade usage of it due to docked mode. Many games you'd think would take advantage of it don't.

Or maybe developers forget, too.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Do I have any shot at buying a Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing edition, or are those things scooped up by scalpers like every other Nintendo console?

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got redd, statue is fake, paintings idk

https://turnip.exchange/island/4472ced0

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lucky is such a cool villager, I choose to believe he's a ghost that's now haunting my town.

Do any other villagers have glowing eyes (well, glowing eye, he only has the one) like him? Or is that a unique trait of his?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ile du BonZone is open for visitors! Dodo Code is in the PGS thread

Julian is DIYing Gold Helmet

Nooklings have limited brown poolside bed, yellow Diner Counter Chair, Arcade Mahjong Game and unlimited hibiscus Surfboards, pink Desk Mirror, Paper Tiger

Abel Sisters have Bomber-style jacket, Madras plaid shirt, Animal-stripes skirt, Cycling shorts, Outdoor shorts, Satin dress, Strawberry dress, Zigzag-print dress, Hibiscus hairpin, Bunny nose, Paper bag, Beaded sandals, Comfy sandals, Shower sandals, Water sandals

Other attractions:

The Sol Duc Spa is pretty much finished and ready to receive guests! Spa attire recommended. Come relax in the main bathing room, have a picnic among the cherry blossoms, get your nails did in the premier nail salon, let your worries melt away in the sauna room or massage parlor (singles and couples massages available!) or get your fortune told!

Free fossils and DIYs in front of Abel's. PLEASE TAKE THEM AWAY.

Also Kicks is visiting if that's your jam.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Flounder is open. Mostly for Teddy in boxes and another exciting opportunity to shuffle up and down impossibly huge lines of DIYs one space at a time.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=6#post505426815

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Radiapathy posted:

By the way: Has anyone ever made a 5-star island that didn't look like poo poo? I am having to just create clutter now in my quest for that 5th star.

theres like whole channels on yt dedicated to obscenely intricate 5* islands and the answer is yes but you go mad in the process

i think my island looks nice except the spots im currently building on and its 5 stars but some people are going for 50 stars gd

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Silver Falcon posted:

Julian is DIYing Gold Helmet

Nooklings have limited brown poolside bed, yellow Diner Counter Chair, Arcade Mahjong Game and unlimited hibiscus Surfboards, pink Desk Mirror, Paper Tiger

Abel Sisters have Bomber-style jacket, Madras plaid shirt, Animal-stripes skirt, Cycling shorts, Outdoor shorts, Satin dress, Strawberry dress, Zigzag-print dress, Hibiscus hairpin, Bunny nose, Paper bag, Beaded sandals, Comfy sandals, Shower sandals, Water sandals

Other attractions:

The Sol Duc Spa is pretty much finished and ready to receive guests! Spa attire recommended. Come relax in the main bathing room, have a picnic among the cherry blossoms, get your nails did in the premier nail salon, let your worries melt away in the sauna room or massage parlor (singles and couples massages available!) or get your fortune told!

Free fossils and DIYs in front of Abel's. PLEASE TAKE THEM AWAY.

Also Kicks is visiting if that's your jam.

Thank you for opening up. Grabbed a bunch of DIYs I hadn't had since the reset.

I watered the gold flowers West of your house and the black roses there also.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Silver Falcon posted:

The BonZone is terrific. Got some great clothes and watered the flowers by the silo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How many villagers have food names?

I think it would be neat to make Food Town USA

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

Anchovy, Apple, Biskit, Bonbon, Bree (?), does Broccolo count? Candi, Cherry, Chops, Cookie, Goose, Ketchup, Mint, Nibbles, Olive, Pancetti, Peaches, Peanut, Pecan, T-Bone, Truffles.

Get them all and make this happen.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Inzombiac posted:

If you want villagers based on specific foods as part of their design, you've got quite a few. The ones off the top of my head include Zucker (Octopus based on Takoyaki), Chadder (Mouse made of cheese), Frita (Sheep made of a hamburger and fries), Merangue (Rhino that resembles a slice of cake), Tia (Elephant with a head shaped like a Teapot), Tangy (Cat with an Orange head) and Ketchup (A duck with a Tomato head).

If you want villagers just named after a food the list grows by alot.

EDIT: I've got a ton of DIYs I want to give away still:

Acoustic Guitar
Knight's Helmet
Bamboo Basket
Bamboo Doll
Log Stakes
Peach Umbrella
Log Stool (X2)
Peach Rug
Wild Wood Wall
Water Pump (X2)
Shell Rug
Natural Garden Table (X2)

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 4, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

^^ Merengue's catchphrase is "shortcake," so I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be a strawberry shortcake rhino.

Shallow posted:

Flounder is open. Mostly for Teddy in boxes and another exciting opportunity to shuffle up and down impossibly huge lines of DIYs one space at a time.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=6#post505426815

I probably should have asked before leaving the rare flowers, buuuut my inventory was full.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Prowler posted:

^^ Merengue's catchphrase is "shortcake," so I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be a strawberry shortcake rhino.

I probably should have asked before leaving the rare flowers, buuuut my inventory was full.

Isn't her horn an upsidedown strawberry??