Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Estel posted:

The pencil, brush and fill tools have different modes, selecting the liquid mode let's you choose the liquid and add it or remove it like any other tile/wall.

I somehow had the eraser tool selected at the same time, so it wasn't doing anything to the empty void I was trying to fill with water. So thank you, without your screenshot I wouldn't have realised it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, I saw that 1.4 changed that, which is good because that's real dumb. But I still might try facetanking it more for the laughs than anything...
Trip report: holy poo poo normal mode Moon Lord is loving free to facetank, I literally just dusted off the Turtle Armor and put on all the damage reduction possible (Worm Scarf, Master Ninja Gear, Brain of Confusion), and stood in honey for phase 1, then flew away with the broken-rear end Black Spot for phase 2 while the Stardust Dragon did half the work and my ranged Daybreak shots did the other half. I don't even think I went below half health for my Frozen Turtle Shield to kick in.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I’m on my first play through and I died in about 5 seconds. I don’t even know what killed me, I was worried about that weird protrusion that attaches to you and tried to fly around to dodge it and died. Clearly Spectral armor isn’t going to work for him, despite it making the Cultist and pillars pretty straightforward. I’m going to try and fight some of the other optional bosses first, even though the Old Mans army stuff seems incredibly boring I see there’s a really good spell drop.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Do you mean Spectre Armor or Spectral Armor? Because those are very different.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Cardiovorax posted:

Do you mean Spectre Armor or Spectral Armor? Because those are very different.

Spectre (oops) armor. The set that has the lifesteal or damage wisps. I get that the lifesteal won’t work because he stops healing, I saw the status effect, so I need to get a lot better at dodging than for the past couple bosses. I’m on a corruption world so I can’t use those vampire knives that seem to be really good, nor that life drain spell. The nebula spells seem solid for damage, and with homing I can probably try and work on dodging things better, but I probably need to boost my defense more to survive (I’m on expert).

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Spectre Armor, then. Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem. Spectre Armor is great for certain bosses because of the lifesteal, but it's also one of the weaker hardmode armors in terms of pure defense, which is pretty important for the Moonlord, especially since he takes away its biggest advantage anyway. It also reduces your magic damage substantially. 40% less damage if you wear the helmet that gives lifesteal is pretty big.

Since you're using magic weapons, you might want to consider switching to Chlorophyte armor with headgear. It increases magic damage, adds mana, and has about 20 more defense for the full set.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Seconding that raw defense matters a lot, going up to like 96 after Ironskin potion made his hits a lot more tankable.

Also, why does Turtle armor have a kickass set bonus and then Beetle armor has a way worse one? The damage reduction goes from constant 15% to 15/30/45% of next hit after 3/6/9 seconds of not taking damage, so you have to dodge for six seconds to be better off and if you ever get hit twice you take full damage from the second shot. Means that Turtle is actually superior to the stuff you can craft from it if you get hit more often than ten times a minute which whoo boy do I ever.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Yeah, I’m thinking that probably going with a non-caster helmet might be necessary for the Moon Lord. I’ve got all warding accessories so I should be able to get defense up to 90+ pretty easily. I might just use a Turtle/melee set with magic power and mana regeneration potions and see if that, along with celestial cuffs, keeps the spells flowing.

Peanut!
May 12, 2019
My friend and I are getting smashed by 1.4 Master Mode mechanical bosses. Any suggestions for arena ideas or equipment? We've mainly been using gravitation potions in a giant pit. Equipment-wise, we both have Adamantite with the repeater/holy arrows and cursed flame/flamelash for magic.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Peanut! posted:

My friend and I are getting smashed by 1.4 Master Mode mechanical bosses. Any suggestions for arena ideas or equipment? We've mainly been using gravitation potions in a giant pit. Equipment-wise, we both have Adamantite with the repeater/holy arrows and cursed flame/flamelash for magic.

Craft some onyx blasters and get some boats from pirate invasion

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got an in progress server, or starting a new one I could join?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

My journey mode server is still up, but it’s pretty much fully progressed at this point, I think most people have finished with it.

That’s at goons.nodecraft.gg, pass is g00nz

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

My journey mode server is still up, but it’s pretty much fully progressed at this point, I think most people have finished with it.

That’s at goons.nodecraft.gg, pass is g00nz

Yah, I kinda checked all the Discord servers before I asked, thanks though.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Peanut! posted:

I just dusted off my first master mode mech boss using the tried and true way of killing the Twins: grav potions and ranged weapons

I used the clockwork assault rifle and ichor bullets (with some star cannon shots thrown in for good measure), if I had a corruption world I would probably have used cursed bullets instead.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Dumb question. If I went to a multiplayer world, could someone give me tools\weapons\armor?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

Dumb question. If I went to a multiplayer world, could someone give me tools\weapons\armor?
They could. Player characters are completely client-side, unless the hoster is using a modded server of some sort.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

And if it's journey mode, you're free to research/duplicate, which is freakin' awesome when you get a big server with a bunch of people, as those annoyingly rare items are so much less problematic to obtain.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Irritated Goat posted:

yes but prepare to have your progression broken in half if someone gives you like...last prism or something

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Hotfix changelog
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-journeys-end-hotfix-changelog.89153/

The Torch God now haunts Terraria :allears:

Please don't be a something awful mechanic. Nevermind, apparently too many torches will shoot fireballs at you now. https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/gwpkci/the_torch_god_has_spoken/ Hopefully its a dumb joke and not a what how dare you have 10 torches on the same screen.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

The consumable item that you get for completing the mini game seems very flavorful / good — itll also help give you good torch luck!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

What the gently caress is with the Terraria devs and their biome torches?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Glagha posted:

What the gently caress is with the Terraria devs and their biome torches?
Like half of them were implemented in this very patch, too.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Whoever they had code up the biome torches spent like a whole day on it and gently caress if you nerds aren't gonna play with them!

Whatever they took out the negative torch luck thing so it's not a big deal I guess but someone seems really hung up on people using torches wrong and it's a real lovely idea in a game to just like, punish players because they're doing it wrong. The torch god thing feels like a real dumb joke though that's probably hard to do accidentally so whatevs, and you get an unlock so that's nice!

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
is there any way to get the game to not pause on focus loss?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Host it as a MP server

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

NotNut posted:

There may be a better option but one way would be to run it as multiplayer.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You can host a passworded multiplayer session and just never invite anyone. As far as the game is concerned, it's not functionally any different from singleplayer except for the part where the game never pauses.

e:f,b twice over

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Glagha posted:

Whoever they had code up the biome torches spent like a whole day on it and gently caress if you nerds aren't gonna play with them!

Whatever they took out the negative torch luck thing so it's not a big deal I guess but someone seems really hung up on people using torches wrong and it's a real lovely idea in a game to just like, punish players because they're doing it wrong. The torch god thing feels like a real dumb joke though that's probably hard to do accidentally so whatevs, and you get an unlock so that's nice!
Especially in a game like this. Are they going to punish people for building arenas to fight bosses in next?

Apparently the Torch God is a one-time thing, though, so, like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NotNut posted:

Does clicking on the taskbar icon to minimize it no longer keep it running while transferring focus away?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
What was once Red's illogical personal crusade is now a joke boss with a nice reward. This team knows how to make lemonade out of lemons.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

As these things go, that really isn't too bad. Plus, I actually kind of like the idea of never having to manually manage torch types again. Picking the right sort does look nicer in a low-key kind of way.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

That Guy Bob posted:

Hotfix changelog
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-journeys-end-hotfix-changelog.89153/

Fixed Coral and Seashells not matching their tile placement preview

RIP free money exploit

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Freakazoid_ posted:

What was once Red's illogical personal crusade is now a joke boss with a nice reward. This team knows how to make lemonade out of lemons.

wait what? is the torch god a boss fight?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

A miniboss. It only appears once and when you defeat it, you get some kind of ability to automatically place biome-appropriate torches.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Also you need to place, like, 100 of them in your vicinity. You're, uh, probably not triggering it by accident.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And yet...

https://old.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/gwqm3n/my_hc_character_was_killed_in_my_base_by_torches/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ah I see, that's pretty funny.

Glagha posted:

The torch god thing feels like a real dumb joke though that's probably hard to do accidentally so whatevs, and you get an unlock so that's nice!

According to the wiki it only pops up if you put more than 100 goddamn torches in a small area underground and once you use the item it gives you it never happens again.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if their base is somehow in the underground layer and they're literally just using entirely torches to light it up instead of the wide variety of other lighting sources then i don't pity them in the least

decorate better, nerds

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
torches are good

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Johnny Joestar posted:

if their base is somehow in the underground layer and they're literally just using entirely torches to light it up instead of the wide variety of other lighting sources then i don't pity them in the least

decorate better, nerds

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

decorate better, nerds
that's a LOT of torches to put in a small area, i want to see a picture of this alleged base