Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

I don't know anything about game development, so someone please explain to me how you can be 17% done with "Elevator Panel Updates". Other than replacing the panel texture, what could this possibly involve??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

henpod posted:

I know the game is rear end, but why are the trains always completely empty? Surely they can have NPS just sitting there staring blankly forward at the very least?

What does your credit card tell you?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, body dragging down %4. Chris give us an update video on this.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

HorseBodyInspector posted:

This purely theoretical person must be very dense, playing and not realising for 7,538.5 hours that game sucks.

edit: it is equivalent rewatching movie 15 times to realise that you don't like this movie

I'm one of those guilty parties, although I never leave reviews anywhere. (I have a strict review policy - I don't give a gently caress what others think, and I don't give enough of a gently caress about others to tell them what I think. I play for ME.) My wife regularly calls me out on suddenly hating a movie I told her I liked after we saw it, and vice-versa.

I think the reason is that I get caught up in the emotion of the moment. Sometimes a poo poo game or a poo poo movie can be artfully crafted in such a way that during it, you're invested in such a way that your brain just glosses over everything that's poo poo about it. The reverse can happen too - something that was hard to sit through sort of marinates in your mind in the following weeks, and almost subconsciously, the pieces click together and have you interested in having another go at it, and you see things you missed the first time.

And the realization can hit very late - like when you lose an argument and are convinced you were wrong, and 7 months later when you're in the freezer grabbing a Klondike bar you realize you were gaslit the whole time.

All that said, hundreds of hours is a bit too much to not have an opinion pretty much locked down. Then again, games are not 2 hours long, and sometimes it takes hundreds of hours to realize something is fundamentally wrong.

A good example is a game I grabbed a couple weeks ago - Surviving Mars. At first it was great, once I learned how to completely ignore the colonists. I don't know how many hours I have in the game, but it's a lot. I tried all sorts of approaches, all kinds of setups to attempt to overcome harder and harder starting circumstances and disaster variables. It was many hours into my fourth or fifth playthrough that I realized, oh - wait - this entire game pivots around the mohole mine. Every single playthrough went the exact same way - you are on a limited budget, you plan carefully, you pinch your pennies, you go down the research tree, you unlock the mohole mine, and you now have infinite time and money to take your time and craft everything 100% the way you want. And that kind of ruined it for me right there. So despite there being hundreds of disparate elements to manage, one single element was far and away the best and most transformative, so every playthrough could be divided into before and after I researched and built that mine. So all the complexities and the careful balancing act go right out the window.

Some games imply an eventual depth that you never reach. You know the ones. Well so far this game sucks, but if I get this better gun, things will be different. Once I build a settlement, once I unlock this part of the map, once I research this technology, once I do etc. etc. etc. before you know it, 200 hours has gone by and the "good part" that was nothing more than dreams.txt winds up never materializing. Then I suppose you feel angry and cheated and now you have to go post a negative review on a game you sunk 500 hours into just to realize it was poo poo the whole time.

This is why I'm so fond of Star Citizen. You can see it's poo poo right up front and right away. And that saves us time we can all be grateful to have back.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Enchanted Hat posted:

I don't know anything about game development, so someone please explain to me how you can be 17% done with "Elevator Panel Updates". Other than replacing the panel texture, what could this possibly involve??

It's such a specific number too. I think it's just more of CIG's passive marketing. 17% is a nice uneven number that implies lots of moving parts and an incredibly detailed method of tracking progress, neither of which is true, but why should CIG lie when they can let the number lie for them?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

henpod posted:

I know the game is rear end, but why are the trains always completely empty? Surely they can have NPS just sitting there staring blankly forward at the very least?

i might be mandelaing this but i think there were at some point, probably blew up when they changed nail colors for a mission giver so they removed it?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I can't believe they haven't added the use of "metro-pass" store credits to use the train at this point.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Spiderdrake posted:

poo poo I forgot about that one. That's from the Bees guy, right? Was it any good?

It was kind of boring, and it seemed like a lot of stuff was locked off because you had to do a million planet landings and find the mcguffin or collect some kind of resource.

Not super great but ymmv.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 6, 2020

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

henpod posted:

Because npc characters on top of moving things tax the servers.

They have just "released" SSOCS which was supposed to help with server load (it didn't) so, in order to improve the performance of the game in some other way so as to make it look like SSOCS did a thing, they have been systematically removing all sorts of little things from the game.

quote:

It took one full year to develop SSOCS, if this tech was not supposed to improve performance on the player side we were nevertheless promised several advanced related to its implementation, including being able to add lots of thing in the universe without the servers running at 5 fps and crashing.

So certainly we had Microtech and its moons, would it have been possible to implement it without SSOCS, I don't know, but it should not be limited to a single new planet, we had been told about :

1000 caves per planet / moon, lot of derelicts, points of secondary interest ect ...

Apparently CIG has still not had time to develop these secondary points of interest, but I think that even if they had inhabited derelicts and small villages ready to be implanted they could not do it.

As you may have noticed since 3.8 and even more in 3.9 things have disappeared from the universe.

Starting with a large number of probs, previously manipulable by the player, such as glasses in bars, most have disappeared or are no longer interactive, this is also the case in the 890J, the bottle champagne disappeared with all the glasses on the ship.
Turtles have also disappeared.
Tables and seats are missing at the Area 18 G-loc bar.
Ricker memorial Spaceport billboards have also disappeared.
Multiple RestStops are gone.
Coffee mug on Lorville Habs is no longer interactive.
All the interactives probs in the Habs are missing.
At one point the teddy bear in the Carrack had disappeared, he returned but he is no longer interactive.
:iiasb:

I don't think these are bugs but deliberate choices to reduce the number of ingame entities, in particular the one that we can manipulate.

This is quite disappointing given that I thought SSOCS should precisely allow to multiply the objects in a given place without impact on the rest of the universe.

Obviously it is useless without server meshing and we are not close to see 1000 caves on a planet or 100 champagne glasses in an 890J

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 6, 2020

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

Like I know Chris has some dumb fetish for space fascism, but at the end of the day CIG is made up of your stereotypical West Coast techies. They’re not going to give these idiots some far right fantasy world full of space plantations and sex dungeons.

The Citizen dream is the second life of fidelity, where you can watch your spaceman pee in the toilet as his penis throbs and the glimmer of a coating of semen is along its length and the moans of harem girls waft in from your space dungeon on the other side of the door.

The reality may eventually be is you get a mostly poo poo T-Rated video game for kids where sometimes an npc will say a bad word during a story mission that barely functions.

Right now you just have a broken-rear end T-Rated game that's only T because it has guns that sometimes can kill people.

Unless your dream is walking around trying to drink a bottle of water or do whatever the hell Sarsapariller is trying to do by playing it, you're gonna be disappointed.Or if your fetish is financial domination by a sweaty fat nerd man.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Enchanted Hat posted:

17 x 6 = 102. Thus they probably have finished one out of six tasks.

1) Replacing the texture
2) Replacing the old panels with the new ones
3) Motion capture for commandos pushing buttons on the new panels
4) Creating a new sub-system to prevent reduced levels of argon from affecting the panels
5) Putting "100% finished" on the roadmap also counts as a task
6) Buy an Idris.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Some middle manager in a meeting asks the devs how far along they think they are. The devs say 5% but the middle manager doesn't want to get his rear end reamed again so rounds it up to 17%.

Trying to give a percentage on some minor task is dumb and asking devs to try to quantify work into some percentage is equally dumb.

Ideally it'd be something similar to what trucutru indicated above with some count of tickets and their relative completion, but I can't believe cig has a jira board and sprints organized enough to a point they can start giving accurate competition percentages on releases for pieces of functionality or larger epics/versions.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

henpod posted:

The only NPC's in any moving physics grid are the turret guys who've been Cronenberg'd to hell and back whenever you sneak into an enemy ship to look at them. I'm pretty sure that one of the massive gaping flaws in Star Citizen's engine that they have been papering over for the last 7 years is that they can't get NPC's to work in any capacity except static levels.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Colostomy Bag posted:

I can't believe they haven't added the use of "metro-pass" store credits to use the train at this point.

shut up shut up shut up

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Titanic posted:

Unless your dream is walking around trying to drink a bottle of water or do whatever the hell Sarsapariller is trying to do by playing it, you're gonna be disappointed.Or if your fetish is financial domination by a sweaty fat nerd man.

I'm happy to report that drinking from a water bottle is a Faustian nightmare, actually.

* First you need to find a bottle of water. Which ones are for sale? Most of the stores in the game have random assets like water bottles and vending machines scattered around but they're non-interactive. So now you need to hold F and mouse over all of them at every station until you find one that is drinkable.

* Next you need to buy the bottle of water. Select "Quick Buy" and DO NOT MOVE because it takes the server 5-10 seconds to process this command, at which point your character will play this aggressive arm-swipe animation and the bottle will teleport into your hand. It looks hilariously bad. If you move the purchase will likely fail.

* Did you want to store that bottle of water for later? I hope you bought a "Rucksack" brand chest piece! Oh you didn't know that you literally have to buy a single specific type of chest piece just to have a loving inventory system in this game? Well, you do. It's only sold at one terminal on Microtech. Get hosed.

* So I guess let's just drink it here. Hit F, awkwardly look down at your own body, find the water bottle in your hand, and select "Drink." Oops, you forgot to take your helmet off! You stupid motherfucker!

* Go into your equipment menu and take off your helmet. Pray to RNG Chris that you aren't standing in a pocket of vacuum in the middle of the crowded shopping mall. Your character will play an unskippable helmet-removal animation- you may cheer "HELMET! HELMET! HELMET!" if you so choose. While playing the animation, the character will immediately drop the water bottle and it will clip through the floor. This happens every time. Should have taken your helmet off first, fucko!

* Buy another water bottle. Stare at your own hand again like you have some kind of motion disability, and select "Drink." Wait 2-3 seconds for the server to register your command. You will play an unskippable, long animation of unscrewing the bottle top, taking a swig, and screwing the bottle top back on. This will gain you approximately 5% of your total thirst back. That's right! You will need to perform this animation twenty times to get your thirst meter back to full from zero. How many swigs are in a bottle? Possibly around seven. When a bottle is empty your character will perform an unskippable dropping animation and throw the corpse of the bottle through the floor, as is tradition.

* Time to go find something to eat!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

And you have to do this interaction every hour or you will die of thirst.

That is why I write these reports- the game is so unbelievably awful that it warrants documentation

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm happy to report that drinking from a water bottle is a Faustian nightmare, actually.

* First you need to find a bottle of water. Which ones are for sale? Most of the stores in the game have random assets like water bottles and vending machines scattered around but they're non-interactive. So now you need to hold F and mouse over all of them at every station until you find one that is drinkable.

* Next you need to buy the bottle of water. Select "Quick Buy" and DO NOT MOVE because it takes the server 5-10 seconds to process this command, at which point your character will play this aggressive arm-swipe animation and the bottle will teleport into your hand. It looks hilariously bad. If you move the purchase will likely fail.

* Did you want to store that bottle of water for later? I hope you bought a "Rucksack" brand chest piece! Oh you didn't know that you literally have to buy a single specific type of chest piece just to have a loving inventory system in this game? Well, you do. It's only sold at one terminal on Microtech. Get hosed.

* So I guess let's just drink it here. Hit F, awkwardly look down at your own body, find the water bottle in your hand, and select "Drink." Oops, you forgot to take your helmet off! You stupid motherfucker!

* Go into your equipment menu and take off your helmet. Pray to RNG Chris that you aren't standing in a pocket of vacuum in the middle of the crowded shopping mall. Your character will play an unskippable helmet-removal animation- you may cheer "HELMET! HELMET! HELMET!" if you so choose. While playing the animation, the character will immediately drop the water bottle and it will clip through the floor. This happens every time. Should have taken your helmet off first, fucko!

* Buy another water bottle. Stare at your own hand again like you have some kind of motion disability, and select "Drink." Wait 2-3 seconds for the server to register your command. You will play an unskippable, long animation of unscrewing the bottle top, taking a swig, and screwing the bottle top back on. This will gain you approximately 5% of your total thirst back. That's right! You will need to perform this animation twenty times to get your thirst meter back to full from zero. How many swigs are in a bottle? Possibly around seven. When a bottle is empty your character will perform an unskippable dropping animation and throw the corpse of the bottle through the floor, as is tradition.

I'm convinced this is more than a scam. This has to transcend ineptitude and wrap around into an absolutely epic troll. Can Chris's unparalleled stupidity really be the only variable in play here? Even their 12-year old senior devs aren't enough of an explanation. There's a deliberate feel to all this, almost like an internal gently caress-you struggle between Chris and the devs. He waddles in with drool running down his black turtleneck and criticizes something he doesn't understand and could never do himself, and the dev says "oh ok, Chris, I'll give you EXACTLY what you want" and then they obey the letter of the law knowing full well it's wrecking the game.

In real companies this approach is known as "malicious compliance" and it seems to be having the same effect at CIG as is does everywhere else. The bizarre thing in this case is that Chris demands the exact compliance that will ruin the game.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 6, 2020

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Titanic posted:

Right now you just have a broken-rear end T-Rated game that's only T because it has guns that sometimes can kill people.

Rated T for T-Pose.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit:: lol every new roadmap is worse.. this project is a walking dead, wake up guys.

:argh:: Oh, yes. This roadmap is clearly worse with all the new things added to it! Wow! Dead game! Two weeks! 90 days tops! And furthermore.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm convinced this is more than a scam. This has to transcend ineptitude and wrap around into an absolutely epic troll. Can Chris's unparalleled stupidity really be the only variable in play here? Even their 12-year old senior devs aren't enough of an explanation. There's a deliberate feel to all this, almost like an internal gently caress-you struggle between Chris and the devs. He waddles in with drool running down his black turtleneck and criticizes something he doesn't understand and could never do himself, and the dev says "oh ok, Chris, I'll give you EXACTLY what you want" and then they obey the letter of the law knowing full well it's wrecking the game.

In real companies this approach is known as "malicious compliance" and it seems to be having the same effect at CIG as is does everywhere else. The bizarre thing in this case is that Chris demands the exact compliance that will ruin the game.

I think it's like this:

* They hosed up the shop system
* They hosed up the inventory system
* The "Place item in your hand for interaction menu" system is supposed to apply to guns but they just made it apply to everything and it doesn't work at all
* Chris insists on long, unskippable animations for everything
* Chris or someone in charge insisted on survival gameplay

And then like you're saying, whoever is left at the company just jammed it in there, knowing full well that it was going to suck enormously. They don't actually give a poo poo if less people play their game because the only purpose of players as far as CIG is concerned is to produce photographs of the assets they already paid for. Less players means they are spending less on servers and hearing less complaints about how broken things are- prison gameplay and survival gameplay resulting in player attrition would be hugely beneficial to them.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Have you filed an issue council report?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

It was kind of boring, and it seemed like a lot of stuff was locked off because you had to do a million planet landings and find the mcguffin or collect some kind of resource.

Not super great but ymmv.

Geez, and here I thought or first date went great :colbert:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

I think it's like this:

* They hosed up the shop system
* They hosed up the inventory system
* The "Place item in your hand for interaction menu" system is supposed to apply to guns but they just made it apply to everything and it doesn't work at all
* Chris insists on long, unskippable animations for everything
* Chris or someone in charge insisted on survival gameplay

And then like you're saying, whoever is left at the company just jammed it in there, knowing full well that it was going to suck enormously. They don't actually give a poo poo if less people play their game because the only purpose of players as far as CIG is concerned is to produce photographs of the assets they already paid for. Less players means they are spending less on servers and hearing less complaints about how broken things are- prison gameplay and survival gameplay resulting in player attrition would be hugely beneficial to them.

I’ve joked about it before, but now I’m seriously starting to wonder if CIG is purposefully trying to keep people from playing the game at this point; or at least restrict them to just aimlessly no clipping around in their thousand dollar nerd chariots and posting screenshots to Reddit. The entire prison system seems intentionally designed to severely punish people for trying to engage with any of the game’s mechanics. Even their big new game mode is barely being advertised and the devs have all but admitted that it’s going to be a giant pile of crap.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Right into my veins

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

colonelwest posted:

I’ve joked about it before, but now I’m seriously starting to wonder if CIG is purposefully trying to keep people from playing the game at this point; or at least restrict them to just aimlessly no clipping around in their thousand dollar nerd chariots and posting screenshots to Reddit. The entire prison system seems intentionally designed to severely punish people for trying to engage with any of the game’s mechanics. Even their big new game mode is barely being advertised and the devs have all but admitted that it’s going to be a giant pile of crap.

I like to joke as much as anyone about the ineptitude at CIG, but being realistic for a moment, operating a company day to day on this kind of project, it's clear that there have to be at least a handful of people there who know, for the most part, what they're doing. They have all the necessary trappings in place - the big hole in the plot is simply that they can't make a game. But it's obvious many of these developers are gamers, they know what makes a good game, and statistically speaking some must know that Star Citizen is not a game, and is in fact very, very bad, and it is unlikely ever to become something worthwhile. Some of them must know this. So like you see in any severely mismanaged company, it just folds in on itself. Each person is doing their own job and trying to keep their head down. There is no shared vision, no collaboration, no way forward, and no accountability. It's just organized chaos - the entire orchestra is there, but each member is playing from a different piece of sheet music, and Chris is there waving his hands mistakenly believing himself to be the conductor.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Meanwhile a little Sandi wants on the call from Hollywood.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Scruffpuff posted:

colonelwest posted:

Step 1: Make the game so crushingly unfun that only the most brokebrained would try to interact with it.
Step 2: Milk those people for their cash- HARD.
Step 3: Promise them it will get better.
Step 4: Rake in the cash as long as possible.
Step 5: Shift blame when it all collapses- blame Goons, Derek, Crytek, or the faithless backers for not backing hard enough.

There's something about space ship / space sim gamers that causes them to create this too... Elite:Dangerous announced space legs and I started hearing a chorus of ED fans proposing the same kind of tedious BS you see in SC.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

Geez, and here I thought or first date went great :colbert:

It did. You landed right on the spot. <3

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

I was able to drink the bottle. I kept dropping it, so I had to run to pick it up again.

That was pretty much the highlight of my adventures.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Step 1: Make the game so crushingly unfun that only the most brokebrained would try to interact with it.
Step 2: Milk those people for their cash- HARD.
Step 3: Promise them it will get better.
Step 4: Rake in the cash as long as possible.
Step 5: Shift blame when it all collapses- blame Goons, Derek, Crytek, or the faithless backers for not backing hard enough.

There's something about space ship / space sim gamers that causes them to create this too... Elite:Dangerous announced space legs and I started hearing a chorus of ED fans proposing the same kind of tedious BS you see in SC.

Twenty years from now when it goes into beta, people may realize that it's just plain not fun.

But you know, call it a "simulation" and it seems like you can get away with a ton of stuff and maintain a low bar for user friendliness.

I just hope that after cig is done getting trounced by Frontier again, they somehow go after DCS or something. The whole ARMA thing didn't seem to do them much good.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1I_sL1jl_A

The final episode of James Spaceman's adventures in the verse come to a shocking conclusion! Thanks for watching!

I think I'm going to keep doing sci fi things with spaceman jim though, it's a good excuse to pull out some games* I haven't played much.

e: *WHICH AREN'T poo poo

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 6, 2020

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I assume the controller on his lap is only there to provide some crotch vibrations.

HorseBodyInspector
Dec 14, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm one of those guilty parties, although I never leave reviews anywhere. (I have a strict review policy - I don't give a gently caress what others think, and I don't give enough of a gently caress about others to tell them what I think. I play for ME.) My wife regularly calls me out on suddenly hating a movie I told her I liked after we saw it, and vice-versa.

I think the reason is that I get caught up in the emotion of the moment. Sometimes a poo poo game or a poo poo movie can be artfully crafted in such a way that during it, you're invested in such a way that your brain just glosses over everything that's poo poo about it. The reverse can happen too - something that was hard to sit through sort of marinates in your mind in the following weeks, and almost subconsciously, the pieces click together and have you interested in having another go at it, and you see things you missed the first time.

And the realization can hit very late - like when you lose an argument and are convinced you were wrong, and 7 months later when you're in the freezer grabbing a Klondike bar you realize you were gaslit the whole time.

All that said, hundreds of hours is a bit too much to not have an opinion pretty much locked down. Then again, games are not 2 hours long, and sometimes it takes hundreds of hours to realize something is fundamentally wrong.

A good example is a game I grabbed a couple weeks ago - Surviving Mars. At first it was great, once I learned how to completely ignore the colonists. I don't know how many hours I have in the game, but it's a lot. I tried all sorts of approaches, all kinds of setups to attempt to overcome harder and harder starting circumstances and disaster variables. It was many hours into my fourth or fifth playthrough that I realized, oh - wait - this entire game pivots around the mohole mine. Every single playthrough went the exact same way - you are on a limited budget, you plan carefully, you pinch your pennies, you go down the research tree, you unlock the mohole mine, and you now have infinite time and money to take your time and craft everything 100% the way you want. And that kind of ruined it for me right there. So despite there being hundreds of disparate elements to manage, one single element was far and away the best and most transformative, so every playthrough could be divided into before and after I researched and built that mine. So all the complexities and the careful balancing act go right out the window.

Some games imply an eventual depth that you never reach. You know the ones. Well so far this game sucks, but if I get this better gun, things will be different. Once I build a settlement, once I unlock this part of the map, once I research this technology, once I do etc. etc. etc. before you know it, 200 hours has gone by and the "good part" that was nothing more than dreams.txt winds up never materializing. Then I suppose you feel angry and cheated and now you have to go post a negative review on a game you sunk 500 hours into just to realize it was poo poo the whole time.

This is why I'm so fond of Star Citizen. You can see it's poo poo right up front and right away. And that saves us time we can all be grateful to have back.

Disclaimer I don't own Surviving Mars (yet)

I think simplest explanation is that you simply got fed up with game. I mean according to paradox wiki mohole is end game wonder(far end of research tree). Akin to dyson sphere in stellaris.
if it is true, Isn't expected result, as in any other 3x game?

SC is tale of why adding complexity doesn't help game. Even if CIG managed to add most stuff, they want I don't think people will want to play it.
Eating mechanics, toilet mechanics, managing inventory , managing environment suits, electron guns... complex prison/criminal gamepley poo poo ...if anything if they add what they want it will more even more boring and player-hostile game then it already is.

Same apply to Surviving Mars, make rules more complex will more probable damage gameplay (surely for people like me who sucks in games, but still want to play it and win on normal difficulty). And you can still try different approach: build different wonder, or win game without one. This is what I am doing with stellaris when I return to the game.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

Quavers posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/guvfp5/this_week_in_star_citizen_roberts_space/

:trustme: Last but not least, we’re aware that many of you eagerly await the Squadron 42 Update video we had mentioned previously. We’re eager too! So much so, that we jumped the gun and posted a publish date prematurely. We mentioned editorial issues, and to be very specific about what that meant, the video just wasn’t good enough, which oftentimes can be the case when working creatively. It’s very rare that we publish any video without it going through some level of iteration – our goal is to provide you all with meaningful content after-all. For this episode, it lacked the b-roll to properly illustrate what we were discussing, which led to it feeling like a lot of words without visual substance. We played with it, and added more visuals to better accompany our discussion. However, it became clear that we still weren’t quite there. So we’ve had to re-shoot some of it to better reflect what we want to show.

To properly set expectations, this specific video is just another way to share more information by checking in with Brian Chambers and some of the devs and seeing what they are working on. Our goal overall is simply to create more ways to share Squadron 42 progress updates with you, especially in lieu of the Roadmap visualization which is being updated. We don’t want to leave you in the dark! So, while progress continues on an updated Roadmap (which we’re looking forward to rolling out), stay tuned and we’ll update the community content schedule as quickly as possible, and not before it’s ready.

:lol:

This kind of excuses is down to a T the sort of bullshit I had to come up with during the worst of my opiates addiction.

Lying to con someone out of something in the end comes down to three things: firstly knowing your audience, secondly crafting a story credible for that audience, and eventually sounding convincing when telling it.

This post is structured exactly like I would:

First, they're beginning by establishing rapport and being empathic with the suckers backers: "Hey boys we're aware you've been waiting for the stuff we promised and haven't delivered. WE ARE TOO!". This is clever and all mark of the beginning of any kind of con. It has the nice pleasant additional effect to disarm an angry or skeptic listener. You showed them that you understand them by placing yourself in their shoes, you understand their frustration, so now they can understand yours. You're not a drugee with rage on for opiates trying to con a doctor, you're two humans man. And that's usually at this point that they're hosed.

Secondly, they go with the "yeah we know we hosed up by jumping the gun" route. Then follow the bullshit excuse story is where the narrative starts, pay attention because if you've read correctly, there is an underlying text there: "Yeah we hosed up but it's because we want to show you the BEST THING POSSIBLE, what we had was good enough for the high standards of the citizenry".

And finally comes the con, well, the conception, the con within the con.... You know what I mean. They're now bamboozling their audience with yet another video with more information with incepted goal to have them complety absolve them of their gently caress up and to forget SQ52 video coming any time soon.

Whoever wrote that at CIG, is probably gonna be the last man standing with a job. He knows his stuff and is essential to the CONtinuing of the CRoberts operation

You might say "But, Megalobster, what you just said is loving obvious, everyone can see this". And I would say, EXACTLY. And that's why CI-not-G knows its audience very very well: the last remaining ones are the purest of the suckers.

People say that if one day CIG goes down, there's zero asset to liquidate. I disagree. They probably have the biggest EU/US customer list/database of suckers for crowfunded scams.

Megalobster fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 6, 2020

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But, Megalobster, what you just said is loving obvious, everyone can see this!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I must say, what Megalobster was saying is obvious, gently caress, everyone can see this!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/supi_SC/status/1268638261544652800
https://twitter.com/IlikeMcgriddles/status/1268696956102160385

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It looks like Outer Worlds.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

drat this looks like an actual photo of a real person. amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fargin Icehole posted:

It looks like Outer Worlds.

Star Citizen is a unique game in that any given part of it can resemble anything other than itself.