Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Black Geezus posted:

Because I hate myself apparently.

https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=0e345d0e-8a57-4184-83b1-092dc4527dea

That's a personal referal link, if you get omega or whatever from their storefront I get poo poo once. Even if you don't though, you get 1m SP to put where ever you want which is really nice when you just start out. I usually spend it on getting Stiletto or Ares trained but hey - the Skill Menu is your oyster.

I need 18 more to get the Marshal skin and I'm not gonna lie, I'd definitely like to sit tethered in a Recruitment marked Marshal while I work on apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Micromancer posted:

just pwipe and rebang the universe let everyone start over reroll every system's gates and number of planets and number of moons and things on those moons and stick everyone in a corvette delete all structures and assets reset all pilot's standings with everything it will be fair because we will all have the same stuff to start out all you have to do is play more than other people and you will race ahead to those cruisers

I dig the tradewars reference

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Xolve posted:

I dig the tradewars reference

I legit miss TradeWars and Galactic Empire bad enough that I occasionally fire up zMUD and connect to random BBSes to see if they have them running. If there were a way for me to get GE to run as a standalone like they got TW to do I'd almost be willing to pay some server farm to host the poo poo.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Maneck posted:

followed by a one shot at rampant pilfering

it's actually insane how much stuff is being found, everyone is being super hush hush right now because they're afraid CCP is gonna roll it back.

the absurd amount of stuff being found is in loving sane right now

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I would be okay with this if you could destroy npc stations, too. Because if yoyuwant to push a chaos narrative then go for it. Let big NPC battles happen like the Caldari Prime one. gently caress it. That poo poo is cool. A Jita battle would be 20x more miserable bigger than B-R and would make the news for sure.

I logged in yesterday just in time to save one of my old citadels and asset safety everything. I already lost one with a bunch of lovely mostly unresearched module bpos and a few researched bpos for duplicating. I lost all my datacores. It was a loss but more of an inconvenience as I already mostly abandoned everything and consolidated to Keepstars like 1dq, and I definitely have the wealth to replace it.

And to be honest I ain’t even mad. I guess I just would have preferred to have more of a grace period or something.

It was just lovely because evaccing out of system would require me to sub up to use a JF, which I didn’t think was worth the time and money, and it definitely feels more like a ‘get subs up in a cheap way and make headlines’ move than an honest gameplay change.

I subbed up anyway just because I haven’t played in 3 years and it is summer and am just looking for something different.

If only it wasnt AIDS to redo my UI and Overview and Neocom and filters and relearn the region and Jump Bridge network, etc. after a fresh install. :negative:

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 6, 2020

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
On the plus side it was fun to finally be able to control a station and actually use it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it's actually insane how much stuff is being found, everyone is being super hush hush right now because they're afraid CCP is gonna roll it back.

the absurd amount of stuff being found is in loving sane right now

yep i just killed my first two public citadels in the rear end end of nowhere and one dropped 13b and the other 6b of just tons of poo poo

and these are random ones in the rear end end of nowhere

got two more potential targets in 12 hours so we'll see what those drop

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I most definitely got an email from ccp about the asset safety change, where I proceeded to burst out laughing thoroughly and then sent it to my goon friends who also used to play eve, prompting a 50/50 mix of guffaws and "what's a citadel"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I don't think I've played in any serious capacity since they added player stations so I guess all my stuff is in NPC stations anyway. :shrug:

friendlyfire
Jun 2, 2003

Charmingly Indolent

Collateral Damage posted:

I don't think I've played in any serious capacity since they added player stations so I guess all my stuff is in NPC stations anyway. :shrug:

Here's hoping. Not because I want to come back, but because I want nobody else to possess my hard-stolen riches.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

nice avatar, absolutely based and redpilled amirite

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

I most definitely got an email from ccp about the asset safety change, where I proceeded to burst out laughing thoroughly and then sent it to my goon friends who also used to play eve, prompting a 50/50 mix of guffaws and "what's a citadel"

I probably got an email from CCP that I 💯 ignored since every email they send is also 💯 not important.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

if they sent 10 emails stating WARNING!!! YOUR poo poo IS ABOUT TO BE STOLEN IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED to all the people who had poo poo in citadels it'd be okay, but i'd rather they just put everything currently in citadels into asset safety with 0 cost to redeem to anywhere in system

but then again i'm not a CCP dev, to the detriment of all eve players

friendlyfire
Jun 2, 2003

Charmingly Indolent
If you regard this game first and foremost as a tear factory, I cannot see how you would oppose this change.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

friendlyfire posted:

If you regard this game first and foremost as a tear factory, I cannot see how you would oppose this change.

if they deleted everything in the game tomorrow, that'd be the greatest short term generator of tears, but killing the game is a net negative on tear generation

Black Geezus
Jul 13, 2012

Micromancer posted:

https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=0e345d0e-8a57-4184-83b1-092dc4527dea

That's a personal referal link, if you get omega or whatever from their storefront I get poo poo once. Even if you don't though, you get 1m SP to put where ever you want which is really nice when you just start out. I usually spend it on getting Stiletto or Ares trained but hey - the Skill Menu is your oyster.

I need 18 more to get the Marshal skin and I'm not gonna lie, I'd definitely like to sit tethered in a Recruitment marked Marshal while I work on apps.

Well you should be one closer now to that goal. Made one account using your link and made one using another PMed link. I hear that its better to have multiple so let's see how this goes.

friendlyfire
Jun 2, 2003

Charmingly Indolent

if they deleted everything in the game tomorrow, that'd be the greatest short term generator of tears, but killing the game is a net negative on tear generation

If it is going to crash and burn within the next 2 years anyways, I would prefer that they slit its throat in the most objectionable manner possible.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I hope they do some cool poo poo to EOL this game. Give everyone titans and let people destroy static star gates.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

causticBeet posted:

I hope they do some cool poo poo to EOL this game. Give everyone titans and let people destroy static star gates.

I'd start playing EVE every day if they let player alliances blow up NPC star gates and stations. Burn Jita for real, now that would be some epic tears.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
15 minute gate bash results in 2 hours of being offline. There's no way to keep the system shut down forever, but you can definitely disrupt traffic for a while.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

15 minute gate bash results in 2 hours of being offline. There's no way to keep the system shut down forever, but you can definitely disrupt traffic for a while.

You can disable NPC stargates? Since when? I assume only in 0.0

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Rutibex posted:

You can disable NPC stargates? Since when? I assume only in 0.0

No, Im saying I wish that too. Closing NPC gates would be stupid amounts of fun.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

turn stargates into permanent jump bridges that can lock onto any system and finally pull the plug on what is nullsec non-consensual pvp

local already makes it stupid to hunt, just be done with it and remove it

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Lets go the elite dangerous route. Every ship has a jump drive with different ranges depending on the ship class and you can jump any system and land at the sun.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Stealthgerbil posted:

Lets go the elite dangerous route. Every ship has a jump drive with different ranges depending on the ship class and you can jump any system and land at smash into the sun.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stealthgerbil posted:

Lets go the elite dangerous route. Every ship has a jump drive with different ranges depending on the ship class and you can jump any system and land at the sun.

No, Warhammer 40k. Get rid of jump gates and only large capital ships may travel between systems. Most players are stuck in a single solar system, unless they ask for the help of a might capital pilot.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

nice avatar, absolutely based and redpilled amirite

i got it by infuriating some clique in gbs, of all the avs purchased for me it is certainly the least weird, and second-least hateful

i don't understand your post after the first two words, and don't want to

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Previous iterations of this thread have certainly seen stranger avatars

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

yeah this is honestly pretty fine, I think the person who bought it lives in america where that's a stronger insult or something

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Stealthgerbil posted:

I have suggested this exact thing and with other modifications like pinpointing areas in a system multiple times and it was met with ridicule so I await the rest of the thread to dogpile on this idea :colbert:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

Previous iterations of this thread have certainly seen stranger avatars

I'd managed to go quite awhile before being reminded of frozen pussy. Thanks.

friendlyfire
Jun 2, 2003

Charmingly Indolent
So what's the deal with this tribadism system? Are people turning concord off, there?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Micromancer posted:

I legit miss TradeWars and Galactic Empire bad enough that I occasionally fire up zMUD and connect to random BBSes to see if they have them running. If there were a way for me to get GE to run as a standalone like they got TW to do I'd almost be willing to pay some server farm to host the poo poo.

Same, but Barren Realms Elite.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Outpost Trader was a far better TradeWars than TradeWars.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Stealthgerbil posted:

This post has been brought to you by the Hutton Gankers Gang

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there passive shield regeneration on abandoned citadels?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Citadels don't have shield regen in any quantity that matters

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Sometimes, I think about rejoining. The citadel shutdown thing has me worried though, because I probably last logged out in the official Sigma citadel a few years ago. Does that still exist? Am I hosed if I log back in again?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Bob Socko posted:

Sometimes, I think about rejoining. The citadel shutdown thing has me worried though, because I probably last logged out in the official Sigma citadel a few years ago. Does that still exist? Am I hosed if I log back in again?

As probably the owner of that.

I can say.

Without a doubt.

No.

Yes.

(unless you were in the Fortizar in E3OI that got unanchored a while ago or if you're in the other one in MJXW that still exists, then you're good)

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Xolve posted:

Same, but Barren Realms Elite.

I never got into BRE but definitely hung out in places that had it. majorbbs.com was bought by one of the old ISVs and has been acquiring rights to distribute a ton of the old games. This is going to end up with me buying BBS software and setting up a Win98 machine to put on the network, I just know it.