Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

more importantly, buy a wig

futureproof your haircuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

blatman posted:

more importantly, buy a wig

futureproof your haircuts

Roman women knew what was up

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Thoguh posted:

I think we're back in the period from January and February where this thread advocated buying beans and the rest of the world ignored things.

But this time we know to also buy masks, hand sanatizer, and toilet paper for the second wave
I was buying paint at a store that is usually only visited by contractors and they had half face masks and P100 filters and all the good stuff

you bet I bought that poo poo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Thoguh posted:

I think we're back in the period from January and February where this thread advocated buying beans and the rest of the world ignored things.

But this time we know to also buy masks, hand sanatizer, and toilet paper for the second wave

i bought more beans just this past weekend

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Thoguh posted:

February: beans, sanitizer, bidet, seeds, nitrile gloves, etc...
June: beans, gun, gas mask, plate armor, umbrella, laser, etc...

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

oh man.

what if we bought laser beans

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

can you find n95's and nitrile gloves and hand sanitizer out there?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Skyarb posted:

I really haven't been keeping up like I used to. With every state pretending like everything is fine and reopening, are things getting hosed again?

they never stopped being hosed

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Nitrile gloves seem to be prevalent

n95 is hard to order, but like I said, I found tons at the paint store (Janovic in nyc) along with respirators and sanitizer and all that

a while back grainger and mcmaster carr still had n95/99/100 masks you could order, but now they vacillate between delivery months off and just none available

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

That's one way to turn Texas blue.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

Might want to keep that bean supply up, what with food shortages incoming because every processing plant is a Hot Zone.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Failson posted:

Might want to keep that bean supply up, what with food shortages incoming because every processing plant is a Hot Zone.

Yeah, I"m not going crazy with it, but I definitely buy a bag of beans every week. Same with rice, SPAM, and Velveeta. Also found some powdered milk this weekend

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
hand sanitizer is pretty easy to find these days if you don't mind buying it by the handle and smelling vaguely of bottom shelf rum

totally getting in on this round's bidet rush. last time I missed the run by like one day and boom, no bidets anywhere.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

just pull it up in a topknot or something if you don't like the idea of cutting it, that'll keep it off your face/body and should be bearable in the summer heat

Real talk: I wish the people with man buns were not usually turds because that's hot AF same with top knots. We need to bring that back for real and maybe this time they can not wear scarves with sandles and like shorts and a sweater because like why? It's 89° out what are you doing guy?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

i still have my bean supply from february. should i be buying more beans?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Rutibex posted:

i still have my bean supply from february. should i be buying more beans?

At this point I'd snatch more Clorox wipes the second they become available, and pick up an extra box r two of surgical masks.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1270092623903105024

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mummy Xzibit posted:

At this point I'd snatch more Clorox wipes the second they become available, and pick up an extra box r two of surgical masks.

i picked up a 3-pack of black bandannas. i thought that was more appropriate than surgical masks

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

lmao if you stopped stockpiling anytime after February

I've slowed down on large bulk food purchases after the staples, but I'm still adding things like canned meats, canned fruits / veggies, and sweets. SPAM has been sold out here since March, but canned fish and chicken is plenty available. I can't find any hand sanitizer that doesn't make me nauseous at the smell, and I have enough surgical masks to make it through the year. There are a lot of places online selling KN95 masks though (monoprice.com off the top of my head) so they shouldn't be hard to find. Haven't seen Clorox wipes anywhere for months though. I picked up body armor and a gun this weekend so this post is eerily accurate.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wave 2 lookin good!!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i moved to ny from texas over a decade ago and every time i talk to family back in texas i re-emphasize that up here every place requires a mask and there's no wiggle room

my family says they're socially distancing still but i imagine it gets difficult when everyone else you know isn't

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Crusader posted:

i moved to ny from texas over a decade ago and every time i talk to family back in texas i re-emphasize that up here every place requires a mask and there's no wiggle room

my family says they're socially distancing still but i imagine it gets difficult when everyone else you know isn't

a few of my coworkers were wearing masks in April and May but have pretty much given up on it now

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

beam that covid right into my balls

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/status/1270091762229485571

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
So today marks the end of the incubation period from memorial day and we likely still won't see the peak from it for another 2-3 weeks.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rutibex posted:

i picked up a 3-pack of black bandannas. i thought that was more appropriate than surgical masks

Surgical masks aren't a shortage anymore

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

lmbo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The Death Rallies are literal this time

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

brugroffil posted:

can you find n95's and nitrile gloves and hand sanitizer out there?

N95s are hard to find but I dunno I think just a cloth mask is fine for 90% of us. When we were collectively serious about poo poo for like one or two weeks across the nation the infection went down and leveled off just from all of us using cloth and improvised masks.

But yeah snag tp and sanitizer now while you can.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

no poo poo. I reallocated my entire 401k into stability of principle like Feb 26 or whatever. that's when the huge drops started

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
in person rallies are going to be loving amazing if he ever does one in a state with sufficient contact tracers

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Burn Zone posted:

lmao if you stopped stockpiling anytime after February

I've slowed down on large bulk food purchases after the staples, but I'm still adding things like canned meats, canned fruits / veggies, and sweets. SPAM has been sold out here since March, but canned fish and chicken is plenty available. I can't find any hand sanitizer that doesn't make me nauseous at the smell, and I have enough surgical masks to make it through the year. There are a lot of places online selling KN95 masks though (monoprice.com off the top of my head) so they shouldn't be hard to find. Haven't seen Clorox wipes anywhere for months though. I picked up body armor and a gun this weekend so this post is eerily accurate.

its hard to see food being an issue in the future. on the customer side even at the peak there was no problem buying it in nyc. and on the supply side there were a bunch of outbreaks at meat plants and they also didnt really make a dent.

having a mask stockpile to last a few months seems wise and i have done so as well

im also waiting on the brand of hand sanitizer i see at my local hospital to go back in stock. ill buy a big bottle when available. there are alternatives available from other brands but im working from home still so i dont need it urgently. im sure the other brands work just fine too

poty has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Jun 8, 2020

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

fosborb posted:

in person rallies are going to be loving amazing if he ever does one in a state with sufficient contact tracers

yah lol, i am just dying for the rallies to start back up &so is treep & so will everyone over 70

need my wet presi live & uncut

facetoucher cat posted:

Real talk: I wish the people with man buns were not usually turds because that's hot AF same with top knots. We need to bring that back for real and maybe this time they can not wear scarves with sandles and like shorts and a sweater because like why? It's 89° out what are you doing guy?

id switch to leggings in a minute but like there are issues

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

Surgical masks aren't a shortage anymore

yeah but i can wash a bandana and i makes me look like a cool bandit

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Nothus posted:

The Death Rallies are literal this time

they always were it's only by degrees really

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
imagine those restaurant and bus infection illustrations, but for a loving convention center

and not a single person will wear a mask in that building except for the reporters in their reporter cage, who will be relentlessly mocked for it from all sides

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

fosborb posted:

imagine those restaurant and bus infection illustrations, but for a loving convention center

and not a single person will wear a mask in that building except for the reporters in their reporter cage, who will be relentlessly mocked for it from all sides

There will be a special section three rows above the reporter cage where chuds can pay $100 extra to be within spitting distance.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Costa Mesa (/ˌkoʊstə ˈmeɪsə/) is a city in Orange County, California. Since its incorporation in 1953, the city has grown from a semi-rural farming community of 16,840 to a suburban area including part of the South Coast Plaza–John Wayne Airport edge city, one of the region's largest commercial clusters, with an economy based on retail, commerce, and light manufacturing. The population was 109,960 at the 2010 United States Census. Estimate (2019)[6] 113,003

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol this chart is poo poo

a 50% confidence interval? :laffo: that is literally never used, it's always at least 90%. I've been a biostatistician for 13 years.

A 50% confidence interval is basically a coinflip as to whether it's in the range in question. loving useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

actionjackson posted:

lol this chart is poo poo

a 50% confidence interval? :laffo: that is literally never used, it's always at least 90%. I've been a biostatistician for 13 years.

A 50% confidence interval is basically a coinflip as to whether it's in the range in question. loving useless

Wait till you hear about the confidence intervals the IPCC uses for the 1.5 and 2C targets lol.