Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zil posted:

Remember reading they are not sure, but best guess is 2-3 months. :smith:

If it was only 2-3 months we'd already be seeing reinfections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I say that, but found some articles that say SARS and MERS had immunity measured in years so there may be some hope that Covid will be that long.

edit for source

quote:

The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 has only been circulating in human hosts for five or six months, which means that there is simply no way to know whether immunity to the disease lasts longer than that. How long immunity lasts is a big question, Tsinghua's Dong told Live Science via email.

"Per our findings, we can only confirm that COVID-19 patients can maintain the adaptive immunity to SARS-CoV-2 for 2 weeks post-discharge," he wrote.

Evidence from other coronaviruses suggests that immunity probably lasts longer than that, Vabret said. Along with Mount Sinai colleagues Robert Samstein and Miriam Merad, Vibrat led more than two dozen doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers in an effort to review the avalanche of immunology research coming out about the coronavirus in journals and on preprint servers that host scientific papers before peer review. Studies of SARS-CoV-2's proteins and genetics suggest that the virus seems likely to induce a long-term immune response similar to that of other coronaviruses, like 2002's SARS 1, or Middle Easter respiratory syndrome (MERS), which arose in 2012.

Research on SARS 1 and MERS suggests that some level of antibody immunity persists for at least two or three years, starting high and gradually waning as time goes by, Samstein told Live Science.

Zil has issued a correction as of 19:59 on Jun 10, 2020

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Covid-19, caused by the novel coronavirus,

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

brugroffil posted:

what is wrong with people

yeah I dunno I've talked to this guy before and he seemed cool

but he's probably like this other guy that constantly brown noses and poo poo, as if he thinks management will give a poo poo when the axe comes

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

I was about to flip my poo poo at a hospitalist for ordering a cspine mri on a raging covid patient.... for cervical stenosis.

You should have just sent a picture from loving google

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/the-pa-legislature-approved-a-resolution-ending-wolfs-coronavirus-emergency-declaration-what-happens-now/

quote:

What was once considered a nuclear option detonated in the Pennsylvania legislature this week, as Republican lawmakers — and a handful of Democrats — gave final approval to a resolution terminating Gov. Tom Wolf’s coronavirus emergency declaration.

The outcome of this apparently unprecedented move is unclear. Top Democrats have repeatedly said the state Constitution grants Wolf the power to reject such a measure, which the governor said in a letter to lawmakers would have “disastrous” consequences should it take effect.

Republicans say state law requires Wolf to end his declaration, now that a majority of lawmakers have approved the resolution. They’ve threatened legal action if he does not do so.

It appears the governor will test that threat. A spokesperson for Wolf said Wednesday he will disapprove the resolution once it reaches his desk.

love my hell state, can't wait to abandon it before it sinks to the sea or coal mines, whichever comes first

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.wlwt.com/article/you-can-dance-if-you-want-to-ohioans-now-permitted-to-dance-at-weddings-bars/32824087

quote:

CINCINNATI —
You can dance if you want to in Ohio.

Dancing is now permitted at bars and wedding receptions across the state, with new language now allowing for "open congregate areas" at Ohio's bars, restaurants, banquet facilities and more.

According to an amended public health order published earlier this week, open congregate areas are now permitted in businesses across the state. The amendment was made to Ohio's Dine Safe Order, which applies to restaurants, bars and banquet and catering facilities.

A previous version of this order prohibited these public spaces as businesses began to reopen during the coronavirus pandemic. The restrictions prompted a lawsuit from a trade association representing purveyors of arcade games, jukeboxes and other coin-operated machines.

So what exactly is an open congregate facility? The Ohio Department of Health defines them as "billiards, card playing, pinball games, video games, arcade games, dancing (and) entertainment." The new public health order states that even as they are permitted to reopen, businesses must "follow all social distancing guidelines as well as sanitation guidelines as provided in this and other orders."

Live entertainment is also permitted in bars, restaurants and banquet facilities, the order now sates.

However, social distancing guidelines still must be followed. Guidelines for banquet and catering facilities are largely the same as restaurants and bars and include 6 feet between tables and no congregating in large groups.

Crowd size will be limited to 300 people inside of banquet and catering facilities.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lmao 300 loving people all six feet apart ok

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

actionjackson posted:

Lmao what loving size banquet hall

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

jisforjosh posted:

Lmao what loving size banquet hall

There's no expectation that people follow it, it's just there so they can say they told you not to if there is an outbreak at your event.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

euphronius posted:

what is the best guess for the immunity period

longer the more severe your case is :)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

so, when you headed to the strip club?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

so, when you headed to the strip club?

Not any time soon, although I am curious, and would like to see some sexy ladies.

EDIT:
Why did you have to make me start thinking about strip clubs? :negative:

Iron Crowned has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Jun 10, 2020

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

actionjackson posted:

are any Gerard Butler?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
This is my shocked face

quote:

GREENVILLE, S.C. —

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster has no intention of restricting businesses in South Carolina after a spike in confirmed cases of coronavirus.

WYFF News 4's Amanda Crawford reached out the governor's office after the recent spike in cases statewide.

"The governor has no intention of reinstating restrictions on businesses," Communications Director Brian Symmes said. "Every time he’s made a decision to lift restrictions, it was accompanied by guidelines for businesses to follow that will help protect South Carolinians. With those recommended guidelines still in place, there’s no reason to close businesses again."

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Not any time soon, although I am curious, and would like to see some sexy ladies.

EDIT:

is ohio gonna make them wear masks lol, like that dystopian drive thru one that got posted a while back

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"look we put guidelines in place that clearly aren't working, obviously we're not going to bother doing anything else. gently caress you."

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Temecula /təˈmɛkjʊlə/ is a city in southwestern Riverside County, California, United States. Temecula had a population of 100,097 during the 2010 census[12] and an estimated population of 114,761 as of July 1, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

is ohio gonna make them wear masks lol, like that dystopian drive thru one that got posted a while back

That's kinda hot

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

My boss told me today that she and I will likely be working from home until 2021 at this point. Hoping there's a vaccine before I have to go back to the office now. God drat working from home fuckin rules tbh

I am sure my wife's going to have to go back sooner though :( she works for the state so I am not optimistic about them taking anything resembling an intelligent long term approach here

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Temecula /təˈmɛkjʊlə/ is a city in southwestern Riverside County, California, United States. Temecula had a population of 100,097 during the 2010 census[12] and an estimated population of 114,761 as of July 1, 2019

known only for the kobe fight

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mr Hootington posted:

You went to the gym when they opened.

lol

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

is there a better tracker out there than worldometers because not having per-capita information makes tracking individual state openeruping somewhat meaningless

Why do people keep saying this?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Iron Crowned posted:

EDIT:

I feel like masked dancers has a lot of potential in this here cyberpunk dystopia

edit: let's get all those borg implant props from star trek the voyager and slap those babies on the dystopia dancers and one of them comes on stage riding that cargo loader from aliens

blatman has issued a correction as of 21:20 on Jun 10, 2020

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1270810556623183877

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

at this point in history *looks at wristwatch* 2020, I'm fine with this

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
on the day Gov Reynolds nearly fully opened up restaurants, the Iowa State Fair is cancelled lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mr. Pizza posted:

Why do people keep saying this?

in a vacuum California having 2000 new cases and North Carolina having 900 at X weeks after openeruption is a dumb comparison because of the population size of arbitrary politically defined borders?

it doesn't describe or inform prevalence

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The same day Iowa's governor announced that everything is opened back up with no restrictions the State Fair board voted 11-2 to cancel the state fair be abuse only the governor is stupid enough to think that COVID is over.

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1270811229934759937?s=19

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Me yesterday: I really should start exercising again, I've been lax the past few weeks. Just begin a new body weight routine or something simple
Me today: gently caress it, gonna be buy a few 6 packs who cares it's all over

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cael posted:

Me yesterday: I really should start exercising again, I've been lax the past few weeks. Just begin a new body weight routine or something simple

well, the gyms are opening up again

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Over the weekend this lady my wife works with attended a kids birthday party with a visibly sick aunt. The aunt is now in intensive care and the coworker has practically no immune system and is in the hospital. She went to work mon/tues.

We are too dumb to survive this

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Cael posted:

:same: until last week. Started a really basic plan of squats, push-ups, bent over rows and Arnold curls. + cycling and im fuckin' sweet again. Take my motivation )))))

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

sounds reasonable. after all xi jinping hosted rallies in wuhan in late feb

right?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Give me my loving state fair

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
remember wuhan

thats a blast from the past

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yeah my mental and physical health skyrocketed and my drinking went down since I started running outside again. Running with a mask felt like being suffocated with a pillow at first but I reduced my pace and let myself pull the mask down when nobody was around and now it's bearable.

Get outside and exercise goons it'll do ya good. You can even do the grandma power walk it just takes 30 minutes to get the effects.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Cael posted:

get swole for the August rent riots, comrade.

the /r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine on reddit is really, really good.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Acelerion posted:

Over the weekend this lady my wife works with attended a kids birthday party with a visibly sick aunt. The aunt is now in intensive care and the coworker has practically no immune system and is in the hospital. She went to work mon/tues.

We are too dumb to survive this

As a society the idea that if you are sick you have to stay home just isn't there even for purely social situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
the cowards at the Register didn't say who the two were that voted to keep the State Fair open