Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Humphreys posted:

I'm getting nothing lately from overseas. Got 7 things with "Hand over to airline" as the last tracking and that was a month ago

I've received plenty of shipments from within Europe and even some things from the USA, all within normal promised delivery times, but I'm still waiting on some stuff that was shipped from China at the end of February and has supposedly been beling delivered by airmail for over 3 months now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

Please post updates when you get them, I'm interested but wary.

All the other blocks we've ordered from Ali have been good; the worst I've had to contend with was a weird fold in the instructions that didn't impede the building at all. Some pieces definitely fit a bit looser than Lego would, but a little hairspray on the loose join takes care of that. They also tend to send a LOT of extra pieces!

Pardon the terrible lighting in my apartment.

İ have high hopes for the cherry blossom tree!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moo the cow posted:

That confuses me a little:

The buyer protection runs out on the same day as the delivery deadline (i.e. 50 days is the 10th June)

E: Typo, I meant 9th June. I'll file it today.

When I've accidentally let time expire my orders change from "Awaiting delivery" to "Confirmed" the same as if it had been delivered and I logged in to confirm delivery. After that you still have 2 weeks to file a dispute.

If you normally keep track of your pending orders in the Awaiting Delivery tab it won't be there, it will silently disappear which makes it easy to forget. You need to look in the All tab to see confirmed orders.

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD
I've had 3 orders expire recently before arriving, with no tracking updates in a month. I asked for an extension of the buyer protection period for all three, with no response from the seller. I filed a dispute for 2, and 1 resolved immediately with a refund. The seller responded to the other asking to wait a few more days, but they can't extend the buyer protection period once the order is marked as completed. This is happening with all my orders, and I don't want to get doxxed over $9, so I withdrew the dispute and maybe I'll get the item someday.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Yeah, it’s pretty annoying. 50-50 chance of a regular post order arriving before the deadline for me, so I don’t bother filing disputes unless I get a wrong item. AE should just tack another month on the regular dispute period.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bomrek posted:

All the other blocks we've ordered from Ali have been good; the worst I've had to contend with was a weird fold in the instructions that didn't impede the building at all. Some pieces definitely fit a bit looser than Lego would, but a little hairspray on the loose join takes care of that. They also tend to send a LOT of extra pieces!

Pardon the terrible lighting in my apartment.

İ have high hopes for the cherry blossom tree!

Nice blanket.

No really itäs nice.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nice blanket.

No really itäs nice.

Thank you, below it's warm embrace lurks the world's most hideous pink fainting couch.

Neither is an Ali original unfortunately

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Aw, I'm disappointed by the movie theater set; the PALACE sign done in stickers instead of bricks gets a big :( from me. That's too bad. The Lego set (and the others in the "big downtown buildings" series) is one of my favorites. (I dig the crab, though.)

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

Aw, I'm disappointed by the movie theater set; the PALACE sign done in stickers instead of bricks gets a big :( from me. That's too bad. The Lego set (and the others in the "big downtown buildings" series) is one of my favorites. (I dig the crab, though.)
Tbf that's the sticker i hosed up. The rest (the movie posters and the marquee) i applied with tweezers, which worked much better.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Oh, totally; poo poo happens. But it shouldn't have been a sticker in the first place. Here's my Lego build:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Hirayuki posted:

Oh, totally; poo poo happens. But it shouldn't have been a sticker in the first place. Here's my Lego build:

There's a pretty obvious major scale difference between both builds.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is the "Mystery of the Monorail" poster supposed to be a reference to something?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got my toothpick crossbow and it works pretty well

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I just received a gaiter I ordered on 4/20... The rest of the shipment is nowhere to be seen, and I filed a dispute on one of the items last week when it was supposed to be delivered

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PokeJoe posted:

I got my toothpick crossbow and it works pretty well

can you pick your teeth with it?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
BEHOLD!

US $11.98 | BomHCS Novelty Octopus Parasitic Beast Beanie Handmade Crochet Hat Men's Winter Warm Cap Party Gift
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dSAXzdW
Judging by the price, these may actually arrive if you buy them. But I don’t know for sure. There’s also a Knight’s helm and horned helm under that listing.

Pretty sure this is a snood of shame.

US $9.48 33% Off | Funny Pet Dog Cat Hat Costume Cap Neck and Ear Warmer Winter Windproof Snood Knitted Hat with Fleece
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dXj4xeu

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 10, 2020

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

Ooooh that's really gorgeous! İ don't know much about Lego, i just build the little kits off Ali. How long did that one take you?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

LifeSunDeath posted:

can you pick your teeth with it?

Yes as well as any one else's at a distance of 10 feet or so

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Humphreys posted:

I'm getting nothing lately from overseas. Got 7 things with "Hand over to airline" as the last tracking and that was a month ago

I'm sitting at 3 weeks now with a single package. According to Ali it's delivered but the tracking says it departed China 3 weeks ago and no events since

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bomrek posted:

Ooooh that's really gorgeous! İ don't know much about Lego, i just build the little kits off Ali. How long did that one take you?
Hmm, I don't remember--it's from a good while ago. The theater and the department store were both fun to build, as was the tiny skyline that incorporated a handful of those buildings in miniature. :3: I see there are a lot of those Creator cityscape sets on Ali...just have to get up the nerve to buy one. They're not cheap, though.

This showed up in my feed today, and while the other cherry-blossom one looked doable if tricky, this one made my eyes water just looking at it:

$141! But with free DHL shipping, at least.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I just got another thing I ordered mid-March, I’m 3/8 right now

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Just had the last of my late March order show up today after over 2 months in transit. No movement for well over a month, then suddenly it appeared at my local post office. This was epacket stuff, too. The Caino Super Economy whatever shipped items arrived before my epacket stuff, and I've heard it's slow and unreliable at best. Covid has severely screwed up international shipping.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Hirayuki posted:

LEGO City really excited for the film release of "Three Cucks and a Snap"

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i ordered ink from a non-aliexpress site in japan roughly two months ago, and it only just arrived. the seller said that some cargo is put on passenger planes, so if nobody’s flying, those packages won’t go anywhere. my package was stuck in japan most of the time. it still doesn’t explain why some of my ali stuff came to america and sat for weeks, though.

either way, everyone will probably get their stuff, it just takes a longer time than usual.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Finally bought some pins, hope to showcase them to you guys in two months or so!

In the meantime, did you ever bought any wired headphones on Ali? There's tons upon tons of various brands and "brands", but I had luck with (sadly discontinued, wtf) Mrice E300, which sadly I destroyed in a tea related accident two weeks after getting them, and KZ ATES ATE ATR HD9, which are my current daily drivers, but I'm wondering, if there are other makers worth giving a chance.

Also, those small hardshell cases are pretty good: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32882395684.html, I'm using one of them for the headphones, and the other for the 8bitdo Zero gamepad.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

laserghost posted:

Finally bought some pins, hope to showcase them to you guys in two months or so!

In the meantime, did you ever bought any wired headphones on Ali? There's tons upon tons of various brands and "brands", but I had luck with (sadly discontinued, wtf) Mrice E300, which sadly I destroyed in a tea related accident two weeks after getting them, and KZ ATES ATE ATR HD9, which are my current daily drivers, but I'm wondering, if there are other makers worth giving a chance.

Also, those small hardshell cases are pretty good: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32882395684.html, I'm using one of them for the headphones, and the other for the 8bitdo Zero gamepad.

I got some big blue over the ear headphones from Lobkin which sound fine, they're wireless but have an aux cord jack which turns them into wired headphones that don't use any power.

When on battery they do Bluetooth, fm radio, and, most importantly, have led visualizers on the outside that give everyone around you a seizure

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Any suggestions for USB C or Bluetooth earbuds that have a decent mic for phone calls and will work with a Pixel 3? I have the Bluedio T7 but the mic on them sucks and no one can hear me.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Happiness Commando posted:

Any suggestions for USB C or Bluetooth earbuds that have a decent mic for phone calls and will work with a Pixel 3? I have the Bluedio T7 but the mic on them sucks and no one can hear me.

Have a look/listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3mQ0ooKXB8&t=790s

(Queued up to the Call Quality section)

I have made calls with the Haylou GT1s and they work fine for me, depends on how crystal clear you need the quality to be.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Have a look/listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3mQ0ooKXB8&t=790s

(Queued up to the Call Quality section)

I have made calls with the Haylou GT1s and they work fine for me, depends on how crystal clear you need the quality to be.

I got these Mpow x3s and they are incredible. 60 bux, sound very good, bass heavy, has active noise cancelling that works, battery life is 6-7 hours and the case charges them 3 times. Not sure why people buy airpods when there's so many great alternatives.
https://www.xmpow.com/products/mpow-x3-true-wireless-earbuds-with-active-noise-cancellation

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I got these Mpow x3s and they are incredible. 60 bux, sound very good, bass heavy, has active noise cancelling that works, battery life is 6-7 hours and the case charges them 3 times. Not sure why people buy airpods when there's so many great alternatives.
https://www.xmpow.com/products/mpow-x3-true-wireless-earbuds-with-active-noise-cancellation

Source your quote

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery
My gf keeps buying well reviewed Bluetooth headphones like that and they’ve all been way more annoying to use than my AirPods. Sadly I can’t find the case for my AirPods and I’m cheap so I might join her in subpar listening.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My kid got some sharper image AirPod knockoffs for Christmas she never opened (I got her a nice Bluetooth bluedio over ear but for whatever reason she prefers just plugged in ear buds). I have to admit the sharper image ones have been great for working on cars and in the yard.
Call quality is good and the battery lasts a long time and the case is very big but charges them multiple times. No idea what they cost but glad I tried them. My Ali knockoff AirPods failed after like 2 weeks last year

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My haylou's have been good for listening, but talking I get complaints about them being echoy sometimes.. Not sure if it's my phone or if it's the headphones.. eithr way I love em for my lunchtime bike rides.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bored posted:

BEHOLD!

US $11.98 | BomHCS Novelty Octopus Parasitic Beast Beanie Handmade Crochet Hat Men's Winter Warm Cap Party Gift
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dSAXzdW
Judging by the price, these may actually arrive if you buy them. But I don’t know for sure. There’s also a Knight’s helm and horned helm under that listing.

First time browsing through this thread and I have to buy this.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

An order I made on April 22nd just arrived, packaged in what was basically a small foam cooler that had been absolutely smushed and burst open. I didn't have a lot of hope, but none of the glass shattered and the whole item was intact.

:swoon:

I'm about to feel so loving fancy.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

laserghost posted:

I don't know what the bottom end of the IEMs are like but the BLON NL-03 have a cult following, the Tin T2s and KZ ZS10 Pros are very good for double the £25 they sell for. For higher priced i don't know.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Hmmm?!

US $3.94 32% Off | Super Cute Cartoon Duck Goose Resin Mold Jewelry Making Tools Chocolate Gum Paste Sugar Molds DIY Art Crafts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8Its5w

Of course, if it actually does have the texture shown there, it’s gonna look like a sock molded into a dickbutt shape.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

sigher posted:

Is the "Mystery of the Monorail" poster supposed to be a reference to something?

Murder on The Orient Express.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 11, 2020

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Murder on The Orient Express.

And there was a space kit from Lego that had a monorail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Interesting. I was looking for figures for the Pandemic boardgame and so I entered "pandemic" into the Ali search box.

Apparently they're not allowed to show me the results ...