Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

AntherUslessPoster posted:

How much str you used? What levels were the enemies?

Sidenote: I'm having a genuine blast playing her, after maining vauban, hildryn and gauss for a long long time.

200% PS vs level 100 armored enemies. The turret barely tickles them.

At one point I took her into the simulacrum and the turret is laughably bad against level 140 corrupted heavies.

I had a blast playing her all afternoon too. She has an incredibly cool kit, just needs some scaling.

e: just tested the turret with 314% ps, and Protea's passive up, against a level 140 corrupted heavy gunner. it did maybe 15% of his health bar

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Raptor1033 posted:

way to out yourself as a whale that bought the railjack premium pack. How's the commander emote?

I totally made my vauban pointier with those chevron looking baro armors

It's fun to spam at people when I'm waiting to extract when I don't feel like playing We All Lift Together on my electric shamisen. I spend lots of money on the game, but I don't really buy other games and I don't get out much, so why not? Buying those packs is cheaper than buying platinum, which is convenient because I don't really have the time to farm prime stuff to trade for plat anyway.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Soothing Vapors posted:

200% PS vs level 100 armored enemies. The turret barely tickles them.

At one point I took her into the simulacrum and the turret is laughably bad against level 140 corrupted heavies.

I had a blast playing her all afternoon too. She has an incredibly cool kit, just needs some scaling.

After that question I found duration generally favourable. Half-assed with only one forma so had to use some underranked mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj3jirAPThs

Also that gun as is (plus unranked xoris) killed the boss from the quest easily.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

After that question I found duration generally favourable. Half-assed with only one forma so had to use some underranked mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj3jirAPThs

Nice, that definitely looks better than going hard into strength -- just tried with 314% ps and it still wasn't great.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
For the Quest Boss Fight, a warning. If you have a secondary out, you'll end up in dualwielding stance. And your alt fire will not alt fire your glaive. Hold F to swap to it fully and it works better (and remember you can map a second button/key to melee heavy if middle mouse is bad for you.)

EDIT : And her melee does a ton of loving slash.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean they could still delete it from the game entirely but far be it from Warframe to just give new players a quality of life upgrade for free. :v:

oh, dope, missed that part

and i guess their reasoning for it is probably something like so people's acquisition of the nutrio segment isn't negated but uhhhhhhhhh honestly who cares about that. just make it easy for everyone.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Sadly no ballroom simulacrum so can't show how grenade fan scales with that. Well, it kills over time but eeeh.
Will use this as default one for now, formas and stuff. Maybe someone will find a proper way to build protea

Xoris is a dumb dumb fun fun fun infinity weapon. Wonder how far this can scale

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 12, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Acht posted:

Also, have you heard about Copro?
I know I have, in my first week, 37 times. :)

I'm sad that we no longer have a giant text banner in the dojo reading "Corpro Cyberbullying Headquarters" or "Merry Corpromas" or whatever the latest take was.

BMan posted:

That is a good option, but personally I would die if I had to use a sniper all the time

It was mainly used as a shotgun point-blank weapon, though it was funny how many junction bosses could be oneshotted in the head ending the encounter instantly. I was moreso mentioning that my initial views on the Hek were tainted by effectively cheating with Twitch Prime. Same view on Rhino - I never saw why anyone cared about him being unkillable because I had a free tatered Trinity Prime.

My new run, completely unassisted, has leaned heavily on melee because even the Hek isn't that good when it takes at least two shots to kill everything corpus and you only have access to Cold and Electric mods. The normal Vectis is probably a good option, but I have no idea what MR that is offhand. My (unassisted) newbie advice would probably be Rhino with a Skana constantly modified for the faction you're fighting, then rush to Broken War. Thankfully if you're in the clan nothing matters and anything giving you trouble will probably be met with an MR28 razing the map for you. :v:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Anyone have a suggestion for remapping heavy melee? Pushing left or right on my scroll wheel adjusts my volume so it always ends up getting louder/quieter when I’m using Redeemer Prime

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If you have side mouse buttons, that seems an obvious choice. Or maybe V or B or something

EDIT : It also occurs to me that the idea of sideways pushing the wheel being a function makes me queasy.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I use Mouse 4 for heavy attack and Mouse 5 for roll. If you don't have side mouse buttons, buy a new mouse, they own.

28.0.2 patched the boss fight to drop ammo and energy.

I brought my Ignis Wraith and it was able to fairly easily kill her pre-patch. I did get tripped up by the weird dual wielding thing when I tried my secondary.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
It’s great, pushing it left lowers the volume, pushing it right raises it. It’s very helpful.

V or B aren’t used for anything right?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The biggest change I'd want for Protea farming is making it so kills above the max rank matter. Right now there's literally no incentive to kill a single enemy above 75. Having it so you get more rewards the more you kill (eg. getting 150 kills gets you 2 rank 3 rewards) would make grinding much better.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
On a scale of Rhino to Harrow how much of a pain in the rear end is it to farm Protea?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Any of the new guns any good? Has anyone built a new kitgun yet?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

On a scale of Rhino to Harrow how much of a pain in the rear end is it to farm Protea?

the odds are low, but honestly running through both in a super optimized group, and solo with mesa, the farm itself is supremely easy. I regret buying her because just getting the guns i'm only missing one frame part.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Guilty posted:

I built a primary kitgun and it sucks so far. Need to put more forma in it to tell for sure though

Also it's a Gaze-Tremor-Killstream or something and holy poo poo they could stand to tone down the explosion effect. It's like a loving disco ball on a string

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

It's like a loving disco ball on a string

Incoming rear end in a top hat Mirages in 5... 4... 3...

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Tempest_56 posted:

It's a really direct reference to some stuff Mitt Romney said back in 2012. And Trump's "My dad gave me a small loan of $1 million dollars". Which is pretty on-target for the portrayal of Corpus.

Ah, interesting, I didn't know that. But over here we have a few conservative fuckheads say things like the poor should just sell some of their stocks when they lose their jobs to cover the shortfall. Or the liberal "self-made" people who just started with a modest million euro interest-free loan or a few houses…

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

For those farming Protea...

T1: Skyresh, Phobos (Capture)
T2: Triton, Neptune (Rescue)
T3: Hydra, Pluto (Capture)

Those seem to be fastest. If you get fissures that raise enemy level, keep in mind that Triton will go to T3 I think.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 12, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tallgeese posted:

For those farming Protea...

T1: Skyresh, Phobos (Capture)
T2: Triton, Neptune (Rescue)
T3: Hydra, Pluto (Capture)

Those seem to be fastest. If you get fissures that raise enemy level, keep in mind that Triton will go to T3 I think.
Thanks. I was really shocked at how bad people are at farming this. Its 50% team of mesa or team of random frames with no purpose.

temple fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 12, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mailer posted:

Incoming rear end in a top hat Mirages in 5... 4... 3...

Listen.

If the whole map is not covered in purple explosions at all times, what is even the point of playing?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Listen.

If the whole map is not covered in hot pink explosions at all times, what is even the point of playing?

For real. I’m an artist and if you want to make your energy colors as annoying wonderful as possible learn to use complementary colors.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 12, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Mesadoram posted:

Listen.

If the whole map is not covered in purple explosions at all times, what is even the point of playing?

You've got nothing vs a proper booben!

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I built a primary kitgun and it sucks so far. Need to put more forma in it to tell for sure though

Also it's a Gaze-Tremor-Killstream or something and holy poo poo they could stand to tone down the explosion effect. It's like a loving disco ball on a string

Kinda funny how they nerfed the Bramma because evidently visuals was a large reason and then they add this to the game. Time to tune up my Mirage...

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Guilty posted:

I like the Stahlta quite a bit. Primary fire is kind of like a Boltor that pins enemies, secondary fire is a Lenz-like AOE with innate radiation.

Secondary fire hits 100% Crit just with point strike..

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'll be nice to have something like a boltor that can put in some work again. telos/prime with a riven can work well enough for a sortie, but nothing past that.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Built a Rattleguts primary, is p.good. Does exactly what you'd expect, which is be a bigger rattleguts.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Does Protea look underwhelming to anyone else? She just doesn't have oomph or flair, with bad scaling and mediocre support. Shield gate enhancement looks neat, and the dispenser could be useful, but beyond that she seems bland, visually and mechanically.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So I've been taking a break from Warframe and trying my hand at the new Destiny 2 season, but I thought I'd highlight this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCiHbvEZYFs

DE Steve acknowledges the difference between the last Tennocon demo and what was released and hopes this year to "ship what we show".
As someone who regularly follows the Star Citizen thread here(and has seen fellow goon Tenno also posting there), I wanted to highlight:
-Creative director of company in front of camera bluntly saying the convention has been postponed, why it's been postponed, what changes are in store to correct what some saw as a mistake from last year. No fancy editing, no bullshit, no corporate speak.
This is how you do. Props to DE for this.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

smallmouth posted:

For real. I’m an artist and if you want to make your energy colors as annoying wonderful as possible learn to use complementary colors.

Purple and gold is my go to. Saints Row Bitches!

A pubbie yelled at me for blowing the map up as mirage with my kuva bramma. Nothing but purple and gold explosions everywhere.

You've got nothing vs a proper booben!

:hmmyes:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 12, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

It's also p ironic that they nerf bramma under guise of gfx and with same loving update they introduce protea that can poo poo the gently caress up out of a map even worse

Screaming Idiot posted:

Does Protea look underwhelming to anyone else? She just doesn't have oomph or flair, with bad scaling and mediocre support. Shield gate enhancement looks neat, and the dispenser could be useful, but beyond that she seems bland, visually and mechanically.

Visually she's nice change, has a special roll animation and overall neat looking and fits thematically. Mechanically yes, very underwhelming. :(

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

I liked Nef talking about how poor he was with only a few investments making money and vesting late and all. DE doesn't appear to like liberals very much.
Good, gently caress them.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Sample_text posted:

DE Steve acknowledges the difference between the last Tennocon demo and what was released and hopes this year to "ship what we show".

I mean I love SC and the glorious bad example of everything that it is, and regardless of anyone's personal feelings about DE there isn't a studio out there that can out-lie the crobbler, but their big reveals don't have a great track record. I'm all for more realistic depictions of what is coming out but I'm kind of :ohdear: lately about holding back for the showstopper.

Wonder what this means for slidey boy prime, though.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Farming Protea parts is making me lose my mind.

Also the DR on treasurers is insane. Baruuk can still beat the poo poo out of them with the augment for his 4, but the real answer with any sort of damage gating like this is, yet again, Mesa.

DE's design process seems to be either "extended immunity phase" or "massive obnoxious damage gating". In the latter's case, Mesa shits on that. Rapid fire anything shits on that, and Mesa is the most rapid fire anything in the loving game.

gently caress treasurers.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Revenant dance can also beat down treasurers pretty well.

In fact, Revenant in general is good even in the Granum Void... if you get on top of a medium-height rock.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, there's that one particular rock with nothing to block line of sight. Perfect for the spinaroo attack.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

Mechanically she has some definite strengths, but everything about her kit is pretty underwhelming. The grenades can be nigh endlessly spammed to lock down a whole room, but the individual damage numbers are small and combined with the visuals, "death by a thousand cuts" isn't very exciting. The turrets fall into a similar situation. Sure 3 of them will melt a squad of dudes, but the design incentives dropping them in one direction and running off to take care of enemies elsewhere. After all, if you're gonna stand there and enjoy watching your turrets knock out dudes, you could've just swung your sword a couple times and killed everything right there. The dispenser is handy so I don't have to spam operator as much, but health and energy haven't been an issue since I got my first arcanes. The 4 is neat as a "start spamming! and be invincible!" button, but w/ p. flow, you'll be spamming non-stop for the entire mission anyway :shrug:

I've got a couple forma slapped in and I'm gonna keep playing her all day seeing if my opinion changes, but for now she's just a lot of key presses for the same work you could do with less.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Someone on reddit posted that with 314% duration, the turret lasts 6 seconds even if it’s got full ammo and its damage doesn’t scale so it’s pretty much useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Goddamn, that's two in a row