Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

nut posted:

tag ur selves I am cheap rear end soft waffle

how much do u think he paid for his twink?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

ah yes, those days really whipped the llama's rear end

I stumbled onto sa via wtf d&d. <-- nerd!!

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

take the moon posted:

kief i was thinking about becoming a lib & going to lib school but liiiiike i got a job and dont feel like going to school and having a job and the job honestly seems comfier

u keep reminding me of what im giving up lol

i mean you can talk to tippecanoe in the lan thread to find out what working at a library is actually like here :v:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Genre, then author. Series get grouped together as one even with different authors though, and they must be in chronological order according to the plot.

:hai:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

my route to SA was gamefaqs for KOTOR 2 -> someone linked an LP of it on the LP Archive -> i read a billion things on the archive -> i wanted more and went to the actual LP forums -> i lurked for years but got tired of the paywall coming up and finally made an account

gallery of sigs

he/him

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
My route to SA was those old rathergood flash animations. I don't quite remember how i got from there to here, but I remember lurking for like... a decade before Lowtax's spine troubles happened and i decided to dig deep and finally give him my ten bucks. I should have made an account way sooner. SA owns.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

magic cactus posted:

My route to SA was those old rathergood flash animations. I don't quite remember how i got from there to here, but I remember lurking for like... a decade before Lowtax's spine troubles happened and i decided to dig deep and finally give him my ten bucks. I should have made an account way sooner. SA owns.

This stuff?

https://joecartoon.com/

Because that's what brought me here, too!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

I got a rough sunburn on the back of my legs lying on my belly doing laptop work outside, and the store is outta aloe :(

ty manifisto

alnilam

I get tan mainly from being active outside not from laying out so the backs of my legs were pale and unprotected as a midwinters babe :cry:

ty manifisto

alnilam

Maybe my legs should have had stairs in their house...

ty manifisto

Ass-penny

Heather Papps posted:

a fun friday question! how do you all organize your books/dvds?

alphabetized by title or author or are you a color matcher? by genre?

My bookshelves are a den of chaos upon which even the most hardened librarian would be loathe to tread.

Actually, the primary shelf rocks a bit, so I put all of my heaviest books on the bottom shelf, lighter things like VHS tapes and some videogames are in the top. The shape of the shelves is very unusual, they are taller on one side and shorter on the other, alternating directions. So really things get crammed in there where ever they can fit. The only media I have organised is my record collection, which actually I only recently took the time the alphabetize.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

alnilam

Quadruple post aka tetra post

e: gently caress

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

i know i was reading the frontpage in the early 2000's, i can't for the life of me remember what was the initial entry point. i had a bunch of very internet friends, to the degree that a to this day extremely close friend would print out the bash.org 100 best irc logs and bring them to school to pass time with.

when i left home for university i immediately registered an account and very quickly hopped from gbs to the yob and posted in a fragmaster name change thread and was given just the best username. posted quite a bunch, had a real bad mental breakdown in 09/10, (one of these days imma dig up those weirdo posts) and avoided posting for a very long time after that? i checked in with the neo yob but for whatever reason did not stick around.

here is a thing though: last year at some point someone was like you should post in byob again i think you'll like it again, and i have no idea who it was. i even thanked the person i THOUGHT it was but turns out he has no recollection of that so who knows!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ass-penny

alnilam posted:

my b, friend.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

rear end-penny posted:

My bookshelves are a den of chaos upon which even the most hardened librarian would be loathe to tread.

Actually, the primary shelf rocks a bit, so I put all of my heaviest books on the bottom shelf, lighter things like VHS tapes and some videogames are in the top. The shape of the shelves is very unusual, they are taller on one side and shorter on the other, alternating directions. So really things get crammed in there where ever they can fit. The only media I have organised is my record collection, which actually I only recently took the time the alphabetize.

Yeah, but you wanna know what?

I have every faith in your ability to know exactly what book is where and can find them in a moment's notice :smuggo:

Heather Papps

hello friend

i rescued a new bookcase recently and it's made organizing super fun and easy. i don't know why this style isn't more common?

so many individual sections! this is from organizing i should take another picture but eh
e: wemp, just realizing now that there are almost no books on said shelf. i had transferred over cds and dvds at this point.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

magic cactus

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

This stuff?

https://joecartoon.com/

Because that's what brought me here, too!

That definitely jogs my memory a bit! I think it was actually

https://youtu.be/kvEqtfnQ1Nk

these guys

Also pretty sure this was the guy responsible for Quiznos "they got a pepper bar" ad campaign.

magic cactus fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 12, 2020

Escape From Noise

I still remember what got me into SA. A hentai game review. Welp. God damnit

Escape From Noise

I have a criminal number of tshirts. Mostly for bands. Yet I have none for Mclusky, even though they're one of my all-time favorite bands.

Escape From Noise

Edit: sorry about this one. Not really

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 13, 2020

nut

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I have a criminal number of tshirts. Mostly for bands. Yet I have none for Mclusky, even though they're one of my all-time favorite bands.

u got the lightsabre shirtlacking blues

magic cactus

I kinda miss the old front page that had this weird mix of lowbrow stuff done in a highbrow way. I remember there was a series of articles titled something like "great authors throughout history write ad copy" that had stuff like "Hunter S. Thompson Reviews an Episode of The Big Bang Theory" and it was amazingly well done, clearly done by someone who read a lot of HST. I was wondering why SA doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore, but I think online literary magazines like Mcsweeny's have that kind of content on lock these days.

Ass-penny

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Yeah, but you wanna know what?

I have every faith in your ability to know exactly what book is where and can find them in a moment's notice :smuggo:

Thanks for the vote of confidence PSP. I do ok. Apparently more than locating book troubles I have a habit of just giving books away and sometimes I'm looking for a copy of a book and it's not here, poo poo did I give that book away? I regularly use substances that have an adverse effect on my memory so there's that too.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

magic cactus posted:

I kinda miss the old front page that had this weird mix of lowbrow stuff done in a highbrow way. I remember there was a series of articles titled something like "great authors throughout history write ad copy" that had stuff like "Hunter S. Thompson Reviews an Episode of The Big Bang Theory" and it was amazingly well done, clearly done by someone who read a lot of HST. I was wondering why SA doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore, but I think online literary magazines like Mcsweeny's have that kind of content on lock these days.

think zack did that whole series, a lot of them were good

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/burroughs-junkie-chilis/

magic cactus

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

think zack did that whole series, a lot of them were good

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/burroughs-junkie-chilis/

Yeah these were amazing! I used to read the front page religiously a long time ago. The new redesign they're going for is pretty interesting, and it's cool that the Yob gets more of a spotlight. I feel like BYOB captures the spirit of SA (if there is such a thing as a "spirit" for this site): It's a bunch of chill people posting weird jokes and things just for the laughs.

magic cactus fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 12, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

i had heard about sa mostly for :filez: but by the time I regged they were gone. i don't remember what made me register but i was in college and my friend had just registered so I guess that explains it

i posted in gbs, tried to post in fyad in like 05, got a name change in a fyad name change thread, got permatrained, eventually ended up posting in LF for a long time, left after LF got deleted and recently sorta dipped back in. i never posted in byob but I think while I was here before it was kinda Irony Zone but with kittens? def seems more chill now

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

G'arfto (Good Afternoon)
I'm feeling a bit inspired so I'm going to try to set up my old angled drawing table today and knock the rust off my drawing / lettering skillz

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

alnilam posted:

lol, also you should think about getting some aloe going it grows like dang weed

I still remember what got me into SA. A hentai game review. Welp. God damnit

i respect your commitment to :justpost:

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

alnilam

owlhawk911 posted:

lol, also you should think about getting some aloe going it grows like dang weed

i respect your commitment to :justpost:

I had some but i done gave it away cause moving :negative:

ty manifisto

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Also, sometimes, even though I know it's bad, I want to jump off a bridge. Sometimes

:ohdear: Please do not unless it is a small low bridge over a nice swimming spot and is safe!

I love you, brother! I hope something cool happens for you soon

alnilam

Slush Garbo posted:

:ohdear: Please do not unless it is a small low bridge over a nice swimming spot and is safe!

I love you, brother! I hope something cool happens for you soon

ty manifisto

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
butterflies in the sky
I can get twice as high
don't take too long
just rip a bong
a BYOB rainbow

I can post anywhere!
threads to check
cattes to pet
a BYOB rainbow

owlhawk911

Also, sometimes, even though I know it's bad, I want to jump off a bridge. Sometimes

sometimes, even though I know it's bad, I want to post about jumping off a bridge. Sometimes

owlhawk911

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

butterflies in the sky
I can get twice as high
don't take too long
just rip a bong
a BYOB rainbow

I can post anywhere!
threads to check
cattes to pet
a BYOB rainbow

but then i hear this beautiful song

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
https://imgur.com/gallery/HXio0fq

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

sometimes i want to make a bridge out of popsicle sticks, even though i know it will be bad, and make gi joe's jump off it. this is only sometimes, just to clarify

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

butterflies in the sky
I can get twice as high
don't take too long
just rip a bong
a BYOB rainbow

I can post anywhere!