Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I don’t see much of the appeal of revisiting Diablo 2 beyond casual play for the same reason WoW Classic doesn’t interest me. Mechanically it’s very aged and as far as builds and stuff go they’re more or less static math problems that have been solved for nearly 20 years. Everyone knows what’s Best In Slot, in perpetuity, and the act of grinding for it becomes just a slot machine real quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
There's plenty of "5k+ MF runs, here what I got" vids on youtube to streamline the experience.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
d2 without botting/duping seems fairly bad to me. I never participated directly in those practices but their existence made it fairly easy to trade for the things you wanted as there was plenty of supply. If they did a remaster the drop rates would most certainly be tweaked.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was big into the trading lobbies and endless pindle runs as an idiot 14-year old with way too much free time, but now as an idiot 35-year old also with way too much free time I think it would be better spent on other pursuits. I expect self-found to just be a baseline assumption about any new ARPG I ever think about playing because I don't have the patience for that kind of thing anymore.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

:hmmyes:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Did y'all mean to click the Diablo II thread?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

No.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I was big into the trading lobbies and endless pindle runs as an idiot 14-year old with way too much free time, but now as an idiot 35-year old also with way too much free time I think it would be better spent on other pursuits. I expect self-found to just be a baseline assumption about any new ARPG I ever think about playing because I don't have the patience for that kind of thing anymore.
D2 self found is fun and good. You don't have to stop to mf or anything. Taking a 10-20 minute detour here and there can make things way easier.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

PTR was updated. No damage buff to the dh set, and it still isn't a WW set but they increased the momentum duration. Slight changes to necro. Hopefully they do a damage pass after the set is now working properly (in theory).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/23420227/patch-269-ptr-begins-may-28-5-28-2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I didn't see the community event buff thing until I was already balls deep in legendaries. I like this PTR business. :3:

I know I can't keep it, but the same is true for seasonal.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Suburban Dad posted:

PTR was updated. No damage buff to the dh set, and it still isn't a WW set but they increased the momentum duration. Slight changes to necro. Hopefully they do a damage pass after the set is now working properly (in theory).

Yeah I hope so too. I really like the new necro set. But, in it's current state it only feels good for speed runs or bounties. I would also love to see it buff more than just bonespear. My dream is to see a viable corpse explosion option with the new set. Or a slight rework of Inarius that makes thorns-necro a thing. As long as it plays differently than the boring LOD / Boneringer build.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

Developer's Note: You will now also be able to Strafe forever while shooting Primary abilities as you will no longer need Momentum for Strafe to fire off the last used Primary skill.

Doesn't that mean it is a WW set now?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I played it last night and it was much improved. Cleared a GR100 with Hungering Arrow in about 5 minutes. You'll always keep up momentum with Strafe now but it's still not ideal because you won't get to 20 Momentum stacks unless you're also weaving in primaries. It's totally fine damage-wise but still kind of uninteresting visually. I wish they chose something different than Strafe.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

paid money to post posted:

Yeah I hope so too. I really like the new necro set. But, in it's current state it only feels good for speed runs or bounties. I would also love to see it buff more than just bonespear. My dream is to see a viable corpse explosion option with the new set. Or a slight rework of Inarius that makes thorns-necro a thing. As long as it plays differently than the boring LOD / Boneringer build.

New necro set needs more buffs, LoD CE is a thing though, idk how it stacks up vs nerfed WD but it's clearing 150s on PTR

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I played it last night and it was much improved. Cleared a GR100 with Hungering Arrow in about 5 minutes. You'll always keep up momentum with Strafe now but it's still not ideal because you won't get to 20 Momentum stacks unless you're also weaving in primaries. It's totally fine damage-wise but still kind of uninteresting visually. I wish they chose something different than Strafe.

Agreed that it's better. I like it more now but still think I'd rather play one of the other DH sets. I like the idea of a strafe set but don't feel like there are quite enough items in the primary pool (mostly weapons and quivers) that make it fun yet. Would be nice if they changed it to "generators" so there's a couple other skills and items that could be used. I wish they would be a bit less conservative with every change they make.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What’s the FASTEST crusader build ATM? I’m almost done with my WD but I need a Crusader to reroll all of Kormac’s gear and want a go-fast man.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

paid money to post posted:

LoD Corpse Explosion is extremely good on PTR.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bust Rodd posted:

What’s the FASTEST crusader build ATM? I’m almost done with my WD but I need a Crusader to reroll all of Kormac’s gear and want a go-fast man.

I think there is a Steed Charge 2 piece that is pretty fast

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Bust Rodd posted:

Aegis of Valor Fist of the Heavens with the steed charge two piece is a great speed build, something like this

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/aegis-of-valor-fist-of-the-heavens-crusader-speed-farming-build

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
A kind goon leveled up my first seasonal character to 70. (Thank you!) Now, how do I get the seasonal set pieces?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Hit Shift + J and do those things

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

FFT posted:

Hit Shift + J and do those things

I did, but now I'm stuck at the stuff that needs to be on Torment IV. I crafted some gear but it's not great and my damage is laughable. Anyone bored enough to run me around some rifts for better equipment? I got laid off for covid so my time is extremely flexible.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pixelante posted:

I did, but now I'm stuck at the stuff that needs to be on Torment IV. I crafted some gear but it's not great and my damage is laughable. Anyone bored enough to run me around some rifts for better equipment? I got laid off for covid so my time is extremely flexible.

Are you in the LLJK chat channel?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Even with the buffs to Corpse Explosion, Pestilence is still a pretty weak set for it. Kind of shame. LoD is so much better, but what else is new for Necro.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Are you in the LLJK chat channel?

In-game I am. Are there any Discords I should join too?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: Season End Date announced as June 21. :siren:
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1270083658842378240

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I don't get why DH just isn't working for me. I run regular rifts with Wizard or WD using goldwrap builds with where I'm hugely nerfing my raw damage as well as dropping affixes and just focusing on speed and gold. With DH it takes me a drat eon to kill any champion on Torment X where I'd be instakilling everything using any other hero with a mickey mouse build. I keep checking to make sure LoD is socketed and I have no set bonuses.

Why is the damage of strafe so bad? Even with K'mar Tenclip and mantle of channeling I do less damage with strafe than I deal just using primary attacks.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

What does your LoD Strafe build look like? K'mar Tenclip means you don't get slowed by using Strafe and Mantle of Channeling is a 25% damage increase, but do you have anything that's really helpful for Strafe damage? Rapid Fire & Multishot have some good legendaries available to actually kill things, maybe swap to one of those skills instead?

Any basic 6pc set build with most of its useful parts should have no problem with TX.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
That crossbow also gets a +100% strafe bonus damage separate from the legendary affix which is the whole reason I'd use the weapon outside of kanai.

When I made my first WD I threw on some misc legendaries and started off doing GR60 to farm set items. With DH I just don't get why my primary attacks deal normal damage but hatred skills are hitting for like 10% of what they should. It's just weird. 2000k DPS and LOD @ 95 why am I struggling with damage on lower difficulties. With wraps of clarity, the elusive band, and the fortress crossbow I got no problems being a tanky DH.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Post your build. There are no items that boost strafe to crazy damage outside of sets. You picked the wrong skill to build around most likely, IMO.

Guessing this means the next season will start 6/26. Can't imagine they'd start it before a holiday weekend (the weekend that would follow).

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Anyone actually do this weeks challenge rift NA? Is this the most unfun rift they've ever did? Tried 4 times myself and all failed, 3rd attempt was close as the boss died literally a second over the time limit, but after the 4th fail I just said gently caress it and gave up, not worth my time for the reward.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Im_Special posted:

Anyone actually do this weeks challenge rift NA? Is this the most unfun rift they've ever did? Tried 4 times myself and all failed, 3rd attempt was close as the boss died literally a second over the time limit, but after the 4th fail I just said gently caress it and gave up, not worth my time for the reward.

Took a second try for me, read the 6pc set bonus and spammed rain of vengeance throughout the rift and made it.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Can anyone recommend a build for a Necromancer and a Demon Hunter? There are heaps of them on Icy Veins but I don't know enough to get a sense of which ones to aim for. Mostly want to be clearing regular and Greater Rifts.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Pixelante posted:

Can anyone recommend a build for a Necromancer and a Demon Hunter? There are heaps of them on Icy Veins but I don't know enough to get a sense of which ones to aim for. Mostly want to be clearing regular and Greater Rifts.

The best recommendation for both of them is to wait for the patch to hit and build the new sets, and then for Necro, build LOD corpse explosion or generators afterward.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

If LOD corpse explosion necro is viable next season then I'm going all in.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Dysgenesis posted:

If LOD corpse explosion necro is viable next season then I'm going all in.

Here's a short explanation of the build over PTR video of a 3-man GR145 where LOD Corpse Explosion was the only DPS. Obviously Raxx has a ton of paragons but even without them it should still be a reasonable secondary choice in 4-man as trash clearer if you don't want to run a WD, and I've seen other videos with Corpse Explosion in speeds/solos.

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Here's a short explanation of the build over PTR video of a 3-man GR145 where LOD Corpse Explosion was the only DPS. Obviously Raxx has a ton of paragons but even without them it should still be a reasonable secondary choice in 4-man as trash clearer if you don't want to run a WD, and I've seen other videos with Corpse Explosion in speeds/solos.

Too bad this is yet another Necro build that relies on Land of the Dead.
I find the gameplay really frustrating when you do next to nothing while waiting on the long cooldown to come back...

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
The interesting thing is that the group build resets the cooldown with Blood is Power by just having the monk stop healing for a few seconds.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

wonderboy posted:

Too bad this is yet another Necro build that relies on Land of the Dead.
I find the gameplay really frustrating when you do next to nothing while waiting on the long cooldown to come back...
If you play softcore just die on purpose to reset it faster. It's extremely real-life time efficient now that it fast forwards and beats waiting or dying while trying to stay alive.

I get the impression most other people don't abuse it as aggressively as I do. If I ever think dying will be slightly faster than waiting for cd I just up and die+res. Even if it's +30 seconds on my run to save 2s of cd vs staying alive. Real life time is the true factor to optimize around for 99.9% of the season.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Khorne posted:

If you play softcore just die on purpose to reset it faster. It's extremely real-life time efficient now that it fast forwards and beats waiting or dying while trying to stay alive.

I get the impression most other people don't abuse it as aggressively as I do. If I ever think dying will be slightly faster than waiting for cd I just up and die+res. Even if it's +30 seconds on my run to save 2s of cd vs staying alive. Real life time is the true factor to optimize around for 99.9% of the season.

God necro sucks