Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

IRON KAMALA!

gently caress, that's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kamala's is more or less her symbiote suit from the comics (that's not me saying it's good tho), but Natasha's is way worse imo

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

That game fascinates me in a trainwreck kind of way.

Even before that screen, the designs on all the characters range from mildly to tremendously "off"; it looks like one of those Chinese knock-off copy-cat mobile ap versions of a superhero game, like "Spider Rope Hero!" or "Captain United States!", except with a bigger budget. Except this is an actual licensed property by an actual studio.

It's like the only models the game designers had to use for the characters was watching Endgame on an Ipad over someone else's shoulder while on an airplane.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Why is Iron Man’s face so small

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's still super weird that they went with designs clearly based off the movies but they don't have likeness rights to the actors. So it's basically Avengers, starring the body doubles they use to light a scene while the actors eat a snack.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I still don't know what this game *is*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

I think it's a normal action game where you control different Avengers at different times and they may or may not control wildly differently depending on who the characters are and how much work the studio put into it..

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Well it's also one of these "games as a service" games isn't it, which for some people might be reason enough to write it off straight away. So far it seems to be a third person action game with at least 6 playable characters and a single player story where you can do some missions co-operatively, it looks like there are your scripted story missions and then things that are like "hey Hydra is attacking a dam, fight them!" that would be the latter and repeatable. Then when you finish it they would very much like you to keep playing it and spending money on it so it'll have repeatable missions and gear and stuff which I assume is what that picture is trying to show off on the characters.

They had a very bad E3 showing last year and then went radio silent pretty much, think they put out a video explaining some stuff last year and a thing that showed Ms Marvel is the main character for the initial part of the story and they seem to be failing to really explain what the game is at all. If they hit the right balance then it could be a more modern take on the Ultimate Alliance games with even more focus on repeatability and more differences in the playable characters (I'm guessing Captain Marvel and a few of the other big second tier Avengers will be playable as well) with a mix of free content being added and new characters/big story arcs being added for money. Alternatively it might be a game riddled with the modern style of FOMO bullshit, aggressive microtransactions and the content in the base game might be incredibly slight and crap. Square Enix can swing pretty wildly in the games they publish and the Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider games have been pretty good I think, just not sure if the style of game they're making is something I want to play.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Endless Mike posted:

It basically seems like a modern take on the old X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse game where over the course of the game you have to play as the different characters of the team but each member is tied to his or her own specific levels.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lobok posted:

It basically seems like a modern take on the old X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse game where over the course of the game you have to play as the different characters of the team but each member is tied to his or her own specific levels.

Fun fact, Mutant Apocalypse is included in the upcoming Arcade1up 3/4 cabinet with X-Men: COTA, X-Men vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Medullah posted:

Fun fact, Mutant Apocalypse is included in the upcoming Arcade1up 3/4 cabinet with X-Men: COTA, X-Men vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom!
I thought it was War of the Gems?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Tony Stark loves dressing up his friends and they're afraid turning him down will make him flip out again.

Edit: Wouldn't it be cool if Thor's circle things were all arc reactors? They kind of look similar.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

I thought it was War of the Gems?

Nope, that's the Marvel Super Heroes cabinet with similar games. :)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Avengers Stunt Doubles with Off-Brand Hulk.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Endless Mike posted:

It's a third-person action game where you switch between various Avengers based upon the narrative and the stage. Each one has a different assortment of abilities.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who likes Captain America I'm not too thrilled about how they apparently kill him off after the tutorial as part of the set up for the story.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

As someone who likes Captain America I'm not too thrilled about how they apparently kill him off after the tutorial as part of the set up for the story.

There is a zero percent chance that Captain America is actually dead.

He will inevitably show up being held hostage by AIM or something.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ImpAtom posted:

There is a zero percent chance that Captain America is actually dead.

He will inevitably show up as Hydra Supreme or something.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

thebardyspoon posted:

Well it's also one of these "games as a service" games isn't it, which for some people might be reason enough to write it off straight away.

I don't gently caress with a lot of games that are a part of the modern zeitgeist. Is this business speak for "there's a loot treadmill that you can spend real money on to speed up" right? Like Destiny? Is that how Destiny works??

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Captain America is a nice boy. :colbert: Even the Turkish knockoff version.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

OnimaruXLR posted:

I don't gently caress with a lot of games that are a part of the modern zeitgeist. Is this business speak for "there's a loot treadmill that you can spend real money on to speed up" right? Like Destiny? Is that how Destiny works??

Think League of Legends. The game is not simply released and done, or released and later expanded upon, but is regarded as a continuing service that is consistently updated with more things to do, characters to use, or cosmetic items to collect.

The "loot treadmill" you're discussing is more of the free-to-play mobile model where it's designed to encourage you to spend actual money.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OnimaruXLR posted:

Like Destiny? Is that how Destiny works??
AFAIK, it seems like a big part of the game is going to be some weirdass Diablo-like lootdrop thing where you get ADAMANTIUM BANDS to add to your Hawkeye and play dressup with but then next level you get WAKANDAN ORE arrows that are +2 to Sharp.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

I'm less jazzed about how they're gonna make Kamala best friends with Tony "I Heart Drone Strikes" Stark.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Crowetron posted:

I'm less jazzed about how they're gonna make Kamala best friends with Tony "I Heart Drone Strikes" Stark.

I mean she idolized Carol "let's jail people for future crimes" Danvers

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I mean she idolized Carol "let's jail people for future crimes" Danvers

gently caress, I forgot about that. Goddamn

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Crowetron posted:

Worked for spider man 2

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Worked for spider man 2

I'm probably the only person who was dissapointed Sony and Disney worked out their differences. It'd be nice for them to make one movie with Tom Holland where he's not dealing with Tony Stark's bullshit.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
No, I think I agree with you. Especially after the first movie kind of hemmed and hawwed over it and never really took a side, it would have been far more interesting to have him set the Stark stuff firmly aside.

Also, that Avengers game continues to look astoundingly dreadful, given the worm is turning pretty brutally against the whole 'games as a service' concept, I just can't imagine their implementation of it is going to wow people.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

15/16 year olds don't always make the best decisions about who to look up to

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

People to this day idolize Elon Musk, a man who has caused his company to lose stock value over stupid tweets multiple times.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
injustice 1 is free on steam right now

https://store.steampowered.com/app/242700/Injustice_Gods_Among_Us_Ultimate_Edition/

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

15/16 year olds don't always make the best decisions about who to look up to

That's a nice aside, but it isn't what those films are about.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Nice, I wonder how well it holds up after the gameplay of Injustice 2 and MK11. I'm still bitter that Hawkgirl didn't make the cut for the sequel. I liked my big mace :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Nice, I wonder how well it holds up after the gameplay of Injustice 2 and MK11. I'm still bitter that Hawkgirl didn't make the cut for the sequel. I liked my big mace :(

It's still alright, but Injustice 2 and MK11 are definitely the better games.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Injustice is worth it just for the story alone.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Ah yes the story of what if Superman went evil that has never before been done

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
mightve landed better if injustice wasnt fairly highly regarded in bss

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Injustice game story is pretty threadbare and not all that interesting, but it still has one of the better moments in recent comic book adaptation memory, when they convince the other world's Batman to bring in Superman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

The Injustice game story is pretty threadbare and not all that interesting, but it still has one of the better moments in recent comic book adaptation memory, when they convince the other world's Batman to bring in Superman.

Followed by a hilarious minigame where Superman murders dozens of people without anyone commenting on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dan Didio posted:

And this