Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol at Matt Hardy "teleporting" all over an empty arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol at Matt Hardy "teleporting" all over an empty arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kXUianqrLw

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Fartbox posted:

Can you fly to America yet? I can't find any updated info about it

Yeah but why the hell would you

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Please do not visit America unless you are coming here to shoot me.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Charliegrs posted:

Yeah but why the hell would you

Because it's the best country in the nation. Duh.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

smoobles posted:

Please do not visit America unless you are coming here to shoot me.

I have always been here :(

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Because it's the best country in the nation. Duh.

You forgot the /S

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Iron Crowned posted:

I have always been here :(
And yet not once have you ended smoobles' life with a firearm

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

please flatten the curve that is my heartbeat

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/group-tests-positive-florida-bar/index.html

16 contract coronavirus after bars open for the first night

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

One of the ways my workplace is "regularly sanitizing high-touch items" which means that after every time someone presses the elevator call button a custodian walks over and sprays and wipes the button. These poor people are doing this all day long. It's basically performance art. Oh boy, we're being so safe, they've cleaned that button a thousand times today.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
They should just turn the elevators to sabbath mode. It goes up to the top floor, and then stops on every floor going down without any buttons pressed.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jolo posted:

One of the ways my workplace is "regularly sanitizing high-touch items" which means that after every time someone presses the elevator call button a custodian walks over and sprays and wipes the button. These poor people are doing this all day long. It's basically performance art. Oh boy, we're being so safe, they've cleaned that button a thousand times today.

That’s gotta help something at least

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Appearances, as much as anything. I wonder if the toilets have covers.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

zer0spunk posted:

https://twitter.com/AbeGoldfarb/status/1272910268356534273

it's almost like they never watched the movie(s)?

But this time, Death finds a way.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It doesn't hurt. The thing is that after touching that call elevator button people then touch the interior elevator button and multiple doors before getting to their desks. Cleaning that button doesn't really make a difference. Definitely not worth making someone clean it all day long.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kind of like how stores have someone that does nothing but wipe down every cart and basket, then you just go in and touch all sorts of stuff that hasn't been wiped down anyways lol.

A lot of this stuff is more social than anything else. it's companies trying to make people comfortable going to their establishments or work places. Honestly even though it can't hurt, I'm sure most of it does fuckall.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

smoobles posted:

The most mindboggling thing to me is that Beijing, with 137 cases, is responding by locking down.

My home state Texas is seeing thousands per day, and pretending everything is fine.

I don't loving understand anymore. I hate all of this.

Don't worry, nobody understands the US anymore.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
it's not the elevator button.

Flushing the Toilet May Fling Coronavirus Aerosols All Over https://nyti.ms/3e5UM0s

:itwaspoo:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

other people posted:

Flushing the Toilet May Fling Coronavirus Aerosols All Over https://nyti.ms/3e5UM0s

so elevators and bathrooms are death traps. got it :negative:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
*quietly destroys concept/pitch deck for bathroom within an elevator*

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 17, 2020

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

other people posted:

once again, the poopsocking strategy pays off for the cautious gamer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Those Dyson hand dryer things have been known to shoot virus/bacteria particles everywhere

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

FlamingLiberal posted:

Those Dyson hand dryer things have been known to shoot virus/bacteria particles everywhere

I hate those things so much. Nothing like playing a weird game of operation with your hands to avoid touching the disgusting innards that never get cleaned.

VVV idk if i trust high powered toliets this year. last thing 2020 needs to add is a rash of people losing their buttholes

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 17, 2020

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
can we get space station toilets that (i assume) suck down all the poo poo and farts and corona?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

Kind of like how stores have someone that does nothing but wipe down every cart and basket, then you just go in and touch all sorts of stuff that hasn't been wiped down anyways lol.

A lot of this stuff is more social than anything else. it's companies trying to make people comfortable going to their establishments or work places. Honestly even though it can't hurt, I'm sure most of it does fuckall.
how much stuff do you touch at the grocery store that doesn't wind up in your cart

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nothing except maybe the keypad at the checkout...but like, other people have touched literally everything on the shelves.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

wyoak posted:

how much stuff do you touch at the grocery store that doesn't wind up in your cart

Lol do you go to the store much? Like people do that a lot, browsing, reading the label, etc. especially olds.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you buy every fruit you touch (in non pandemic times), you may be a space alien.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I've been having trouble finding anything on whether or not the warmer weather does anything to T H E V I R U S now that the weather is....getting warmer. At least anything recent, all the articles I've seen are from 2-3 months ago giving varying opinions.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

LemonLimeTime posted:

I've been having trouble finding anything on whether or not the warmer weather does anything to T H E V I R U S now that the weather is....getting warmer. At least anything recent, all the articles I've seen are from 2-3 months ago giving varying opinions.

I think AZ can answer that.

its no.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

LemonLimeTime posted:

I don't think temperature do much judging from figures in Iran or Brazil, but direct sunlight kills the virus in minutes.

Also when it's warmer people get outside more, meaning less risks of transmission

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

wyoak posted:

Sometimes you have to read the labels. I don’t always just buy the same 3 things

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

other people posted:

can we get space station toilets that (i assume) suck down all the poo poo and farts and corona?

Every public bathroom sprays itself down with bleach between occupants.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

realbez posted:

Sometimes you have to read the labels. I don’t always just buy the same 3 things

The other day I was going to buy one of those plastic clamshells of apples at the 'c0.

The problem is, sometimes they're moldy and you cant tell, even though the clamshell is transparent, so I opened it up, rotated all the apples with my hands to inspect them, and did find one with mold. Closed it up, and got another clamshell. Couple tries later, I found a good set.

Good luck everybody.

naem
May 29, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Every public bathroom sprays itself down with bleach between occupants.

ever sit in a stall with lights on a timer long enough to get stuck in the dark?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I don't think temperature do much judging from figures in Iran or Brazil, but direct sunlight kills the virus in minutes.

Also when it's warmer people get outside more, meaning less risks of transmission

I don't think any of that is well-substantiated

While UV probably does a good job at killing viral particles it only takes seconds for droplets to travel from one person to another. Airflow may disperse things a little more, but can easily have the opposite effect if you're downwind of an infected person. If people are crowded together on a beach they're probably just as capable of infecting each other while in that group, and I'm not aware of any studies that suggest otherwise

And people will literally abandon any measure of social distancing because "it's such a nice day". They're going outside more and in the process going to more public indoor locations, which is overall much more dangerous than just staying indoors at home.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Outdoor activities aren’t wholly without risk, but they’re low enough that everyone could partake of them if we drove the virus’s reproductive down with basic public health measures.

America wants Applebee’s and the beach, and it will have neither of them, with a side of mass death.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1273404465656344582

:smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

You do understand that you are supposed to go there with gloves on?

You put on the disposable gloves when you exit your car, use them while inside, load your stuff to the car and after returning your carriage, throw away your gloves?

When at home, put on another set of gloves, put the groceries in place, or into your "wait area", and wash your hands.