Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/15/lumineth-realm-lords-whats-in-the-army-setgw-homepage-post-2/

Lumineth box preview. Apparently they're multipose from the getgo instead of later like with the Sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Why yes I used the Warcry Stormcast Vanguard set to start a Stormcast army thank you for asking.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/15/lumineth-realm-lords-whats-in-the-army-setgw-homepage-post-2/

Lumineth box preview. Apparently they're multipose from the getgo instead of later like with the Sisters.

Dude's gonna hit his own helmet with his hammers lmao

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
army's not my thing and the horses have hilariously tiny heads but the light of eltharion model is very cool

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dawgstar posted:

Why yes I used the Warcry Stormcast Vanguard set to start a Stormcast army thank you for asking.

:rip:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Weirdo wizard kitbash, mostly done (to my standard).

Is that a marble?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Is that a marble?

It's a spare cannonball/poison globe thing from a skaven weapons team I had lying around. Painted black, did some grey/white swirls on it and then hit it with Tamiya Clear Red.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 15, 2020

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

From that Lumineth article it seems like the models will all be sold separately later, and its just the tome cover and dice and stuff that are exclusive/limited edition? I don't live near anyone who plays anymore, but I might grab that Eltharion model just because its great.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The nice bit is the Warcry set gave me three Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows which are /chef's kiss.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I finally got a box of Namarti Reavers so I have everything I need for my Warcry force. Now to just wait until human interaction resumes to get some games in.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Finished up the weirdo wizard and his familiar/assistant-

"Doctor Otto Arcana: outcast wizard, tomb-robber, dungeoneer. Not terribly concerned with the warping effects of wild magics upon his body. Seen here with his scribe-monkey Bastardicus and his growing retinue of armsmen-assistants/ treasure-hunting scum."

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I got tricked into doing AOS by Warcry too - Inch by inch, I didn't even notice I was collecting a chaos army before I was halfway there.

Hey this Warcry game is cool, let's pick up a box of Splintered Fang.
Oh boy, these Splintered Fang guys kind of suck on the table. I want some Chaos Warriors. Oh, I can either buy a box of 16 almost-monopose old warriors or pay slightly more for the Start Collecting box and get 10 awesome and varied warriors? And a guy on a lizard and some knights but I don't care about those.
Oh wow, sometimes monsters appear in your games but I have no monsters. Cool, I can 3d print a chaos giant.
Monsters & Mercenaries just game out, I really want a sorcerer, oh, and that fat nurgle guy is cool.
...Wait, I have almost 1000 points of AOS chaos? gently caress it, I might as well grab another box of chaos warriors.

Fast forward a couple of months and I'm playing a 2000 point game tomorrow.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Geisladisk posted:

I got tricked into doing AOS by Warcry too - Inch by inch, I didn't even notice I was collecting a chaos army before I was halfway there.

Oh boy, these Splintered Fang guys kind of suck on the table. I want some Chaos Warriors. Oh, I can either buy a box of 16 almost-monopose old warriors or pay slightly more for the Start Collecting box and get 10 awesome and varied warriors? And a guy on a lizard and some knights but I don't care about those.
Oh wow, sometimes monsters appear in your games but I have no monsters. Cool, I can 3d print a chaos giant.
Monsters & Mercenaries just game out, I really want a sorcerer, oh, and that fat nurgle guy is cool.
...Wait, I have almost 1000 points of AOS chaos? gently caress it, I might as well grab another box of chaos warriors.

The gateway drug working as intended. Hope you enjoy it at every level. :getin:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Just finished this terrain piece for my lizardboys. I've learned that using terrain as a procrastination project to put off painting skinks or pink horrors is an A+ move.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Mikey Purp posted:

Just finished this terrain piece for my lizardboys. I've learned that using terrain as a procrastination project to put off painting skinks or pink horrors is an A+ move.

Great work so far. Seraphon stuff always is so vibrant and contrasting, it's a nice break from the drudgery of some of the other grimdark parts of the universe.

And hobby cycling is not procrastination, it's GOOD FOR YOUR BRAIN!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/16/lumineth-realm-lords-how-do-they-play/

If you wanna know how the new Shiny Elves play then look no further.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/16/lumineth-realm-lords-how-do-they-play/

They stole our aethergold buffs time for a good old fashioned grudging.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Cooked Auto posted:

That’s a bunch of different special rules stacked on each other. Seems like it could get confusing. Maybe people with make physical aether tokens for units or something.

I like how they designed the rules around the idea of a phalanx.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Agh okay here's me typing it all out for people who can't click on that for whatever reason.

Allegiance Abilities
  • Aetherquartz Reserve - Each unit may spend a token to activate a once per unit, once per phase ability. Shown is Heightened Senses, which adds 1 to hit rolls in shooting or combat.
  • Lightning Reactions - When you pick a unit to fight in the combat phase, you may pick two units instead of one and resolve them in the order of your choice.
  • Sunmetal Weapons - Any sunmetal weapons do a mortal wound and end the attack sequence on an unmodified hit roll of 6.

Alarith and Vanari
  • Shining Company - Vanari units (spearmen, archers, cavalry) can be set up as a Shining Company by having each model in base-to-base contact with at least two others. Enemy attacks aimed at a Shining Company suffer -1 to hit. The effect ends if the models break base to base contact.
  • Vanari units (spearmen, archers, cavalry) are all wizards and can dispel or cast Power of Hysh, which causes Sunmetal weapons to trigger on unmodified rolls of 5 or more.
  • Enduring as Rock - Alarith units (hammer elves, mountain spirits) may be put into Mountain Stance at setup or at the start of each of your hero phases, causing them to ignore Rend on attacks with -1 Rend until your next hero phase.
  • Tectonic Force - At the end of each Combat Phase, Alarith units (hammer elves, mountain spirits) force enemy units within 1" them 2" away, and then pile in 1" after them.

Subfactions
  • Syar - Each Syar unit has 2 aetherquartz tokens instead of one. Has a command ability that enables them to trigger additional aetherquartz abilities even if they have already done so that phase.
  • Iliatha - Iliatha Vanari units (spearmen, archers, cavalry) can copy the benefits of a command ability to a friendly Vanari unit within 3". Command Ability allows them to reroll 1s to hit.

That's a fuckload going on and all of it pretty complex. Warscroll tokens are gonna sell out for these guys.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Geisladisk posted:

Finding out that a SC Stormcast Vanguard box would put me at 1000 points really did seal it, yeah. In the interests of fairness I did still need* to buy an extra box of Gryph-Hounds (because you need six and only get three in the SC box :negative:) and a Knight-Zephyros and done.

*"Need."

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I'm still new to this, but you can use any of the AoS armies in Warcry? That's pretty cool, since I'm gonna get this dumb elf box and I was somewhat interested in Warcry.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah they are for sure leaving a lot of room for the Lumineth to expand.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dreylad posted:

I'm still new to this, but you can use any of the AoS armies in Warcry? That's pretty cool, since I'm gonna get this dumb elf box and I was somewhat interested in Warcry.

If they hold to their SOP, there will be a Warcry card pack soon(ish) after release.

Unrelated: Dear GW, please put Gryph-Hounds in unit increments of 3 instead of 6. Love, Dawgstar.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Has there been any sign of when that new Dark Elf box is coming out? The one that was previewed for Warcry or w/e. It looked pretty baller but I've seen no more news on it since.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Super stoked about the gated community elves. Immediately sketched up and printed these Aetherquartz tokens.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Darius099 posted:

Has there been any sign of when that new Dark Elf box is coming out? The one that was previewed for Warcry or w/e. It looked pretty baller but I've seen no more news on it since.

Who knows considering the pandemic threw GW's plans out of what and we're probably dealing with stuff that was meant to come out in like March or something right now.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Question about Battalions: If a battalion requires X many "units" of a certain type, do heroes that meet the criteria count? Specifically: A Plaguetouched Warband requires 7 Nurgle "units". Do heroes with the mark of nurgle count towards that?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Geisladisk posted:

Question about Battalions: If a battalion requires X many "units" of a certain type, do heroes that meet the criteria count? Specifically: A Plaguetouched Warband requires 7 Nurgle "units". Do heroes with the mark of nurgle count towards that?

Yes, if a character has the required keyword, it counts as a unit.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

TKIY posted:

Super stoked about the gated community elves. Immediately sketched up and printed these Aetherquartz tokens.

very sexy, is that coloured resin or a wash over the top?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

DrDraxium posted:

very sexy, is that coloured resin or a wash over the top?

Translucent filament, it's all 3D printed.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I absolutely see some shining company movement trays on the horizon.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Dreylad posted:

Dawgstar posted:

If they hold to their SOP, there will be a Warcry card pack soon(ish) after release.

White Dwarf 454 will have Lumineth rules for Warcry.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I dont play AoS but I painted a miniature you could theoretically use in AoS

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

That’s a fantastic color scheme, aesthetic style, and technical execution.

Great rat boy, love it!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Good news, Lumineth are already broken!

https://twitter.com/Sixdiceskills/status/1273662446595723264

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I can already smell the Day 1 FAQ.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
*shrugs in Hallowheart*
I guess that's broken?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That's only if he gets a turn to cast the spells *laughs in KO/Tzeentch*

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

The ability that lets you cast two spells with a strength of 12 is Teclis' command ability, right? I dunno, comboing a 660 point guy's command ability and a 70 point endless spell to cause an average of 3ish damage to each unit he can see is good but is it really that broken?

Admittedly I have played a grand total of one (1) game of AOS so my sense of the game's power level is nonexistant, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Geisladisk posted:

The ability that lets you cast two spells with a strength of 12 is Teclis' command ability, right? I dunno, comboing a 660 point guy's command ability and a 70 point endless spell to cause an average of 3ish damage to each unit he can see is good but is it really that broken?

Admittedly I have played a grand total of one (1) game of AOS so my sense of the game's power level is nonexistant, but still.

Nah I think it's just Teclis's Core skill. He can cast one spell that can't be unbound. Two spells at 12 that can be unbound. Or Four spells normally.