Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

The Carpathian Soul Reivers are an honorable battalion with centuries of glorious service in the Emperor's name. Do not besmirch their unconventional appearance wrought by uncontrollable circumstances.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

SerCypher posted:

That's not all of them, for example the guard:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Guard-Cadians-5-models-2017

Idk why they're not labelled easy build though.

Edit: Also now metal steel legion squads are cheaper than plastic cadian squads. What a world we live in.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Steel-Legion-Squad

Yeah Chaos Cultists are also push fit but not marked easy to build.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Yeah, honestly I’d like to see a list across products lines too. Underworlds are all push fit for example. Would be useful to pick sets that are better suited to say my son who is only just getting into the hobby.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

They always lie and say this edition morale is going to matter, and it mostly never does.
^^^ This

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Lord_Hambrose posted:

They always lie and say this edition morale is going to matter, and it mostly never does.

everyone is so tough that they never get scared

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In the new Admech Engine War book, it lists phosphor torch as having a 12” range and does not need a hit roll, it just automatically hits. This sounds like a pretty major advantage? What would be the downside here?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I said come in! posted:

In the new Admech Engine War book, it lists phosphor torch as having a 12” range and does not need a hit roll, it just automatically hits. This sounds like a pretty major advantage? What would be the downside here?

Isn't much of one. Especially since Flamer type weapons auto-hit even when used on Overwatch, instead of only on a 6 as with most guns. Even the range is decent, because with 12" range they can Deep Strike in further than 9" from any enemy model and still flame, unlike the 8" range on typical Flamers or Heavy Flamers.

In the Sterylizor's case, the downside isn't the gun, it's in the fact that Sterylizors are pretty fragile, and getting close enough to flame usually means being in Rapid Fire range of enemy infantry, who will probably gun the Sterylizors right off the board.

But if you accept that they're going to die, you can Deep Strike them next to something important, say an Infantry Squad on an objective, flame them off it, then shrug as they get riddled with bullets since they've done their job. And if they somehow survive for another round of flaming, that's just a happy bonus! :flame:

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Gunder posted:

Full rules leaked out a little early. Poxmongers is one of the new Plague Companies that the Death Guard can organise themselves into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61BSuod6H8

PierreTheMime posted:

:zombie::hf::zombie:

Count me in as super pumped. I may have to bite the bullet for two detachments, because 4++ super daemon engines and Typhus and 20-60 poxwalkers deepstriking to overwhelm things sounds super fun. I’m sure after some review I’ll arrive at an “optimal” build but the options in the new book are great.

:smoobles::smoobles::smoobles:
Oh my giddy nurgling aunt, I'd heard lots about Death Guard sort of never going beyond their initial release in the Dark Imperium 8th edition started set. I was going to just continue collecting and building the army anyway because I love the nurgle aesthetic, but it's great to see they're finally getting some rules love.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Reecius is teasing that there's still a major change to be announced:

quote:

Combat is very different in 9th.

quote:

...one of the biggest changes to the game has yet to be revealed and it has a big impact on things like screening. All will be revealed in time but as we’ve been saying, 9th is a lot of little changes that make a very big overall impact on how the game plays.

I hope it involves using a catapult for hormaguant charges

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

A trebuchet would be better I think.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jng2058 posted:

Isn't much of one. Especially since Flamer type weapons auto-hit even when used on Overwatch, instead of only on a 6 as with most guns. Even the range is decent, because with 12" range they can Deep Strike in further than 9" from any enemy model and still flame, unlike the 8" range on typical Flamers or Heavy Flamers.

In the Sterylizor's case, the downside isn't the gun, it's in the fact that Sterylizors are pretty fragile, and getting close enough to flame usually means being in Rapid Fire range of enemy infantry, who will probably gun the Sterylizors right off the board.

But if you accept that they're going to die, you can Deep Strike them next to something important, say an Infantry Squad on an objective, flame them off it, then shrug as they get riddled with bullets since they've done their job. And if they somehow survive for another round of flaming, that's just a happy bonus! :flame:

If there are multiple models in a line and within the 12", will they all get hit? Sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm new to the rules and playing.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

I said come in! posted:

If there are multiple models in a line and within the 12", will they all get hit? Sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm new to the rules and playing.

As of right now if a unit of multiple models is within 12” at all from every firing model, then yes. They don’t all have to be in range, just at least one model from the unit to each of the flamers. Casualties can be allocated to models out of range if the controlling player chooses to do so.

If you’re asking if multiple units can be hit by the same flamer weapon, no. There are a small number of attacks that do that but flamers are no longer one of them. You could opt to split shots into different units if you wanted.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I painted most of a knight. Waiting on a delivery to finish up (base, gold, weathering) but I'm happy with it. Did a bunch of weird stuff I've never done before like hand painting the pauldrons and leg plating.

Commander Pliskin:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That's really awesome. Totally different look for a Knight.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I painted most of a knight. Waiting on a delivery to finish up (base, gold, weathering) but I'm happy with it. Did a bunch of weird stuff I've never done before like hand painting the pauldrons and leg plating.

Commander Pliskin:

"I don't give a gently caress about your war... or your emperor."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:toot: all done

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

That rules.

I like the masses of guard but it's a little sad there aren't too many cool showcase models to paint.

I guess that's the point, they're just trooper dudes and tanks.

Maybe I'll get an inquisitor or something so I can try to paint something cool.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

amazing work, these new AdMech sculpts are insanely good.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

That is an insanely cool model

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
dug some old models out of storage and lol I had forgotten how tiny old marines were. terminators are poxwalker sized :pwn:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

peer posted:

dug some old models out of storage and lol I had forgotten how tiny old marines were. terminators are poxwalker sized :pwn:

I took this photo the other day and uh look at the line of where the Primaris Captain's head is vs. Pedro:

Also note that Pedro doesn't even come up to Shrike's knee on his little wall there

Living Image fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jun 19, 2020

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

On a smaller scale (left to right)

1997 scout
Early 2000s oldmarine veteran kit
Late 2000s Deathwatch kit
Primaris

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Have they gotten bigger over time for a reason like easier to paint, create etc. or is it just because they wanna?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Spudd posted:

Have they gotten bigger over time for a reason like easier to paint, create etc. or is it just because they wanna?

In the case of what Vlex posted, the Deathwatch isn't actually "bigger" in the sense of scale, they're just modelled standing up straight and with slightly better proportioned legs. Primaris Marines are deliberately bigger because it allows them to better proportion the rest of the model.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Spudd posted:

I suspect there's lots of reasons to make the Primaris bigger, I have to say though space marines never felt big enough to me as they should be from the lore, the Primaris marines get there.

You still have the problem that the vehicles are obviously still the wrong scale, but if they were every transport vehicle for space marines would be like land raider size minimum so I can see why they don't do that.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Vlex posted:

On a smaller scale (left to right)

1997 scout
Early 2000s oldmarine veteran kit
Late 2000s Deathwatch kit
Primaris

Wait until you see how much the size of marines changed from 1988 to 2008!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Don't talk to me or my initiate battle brother ever again.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

I took this photo the other day and uh look at the line of where the Primaris Captain's head is vs. Pedro:

Also note that Pedro doesn't even come up to Shrike's knee on his little wall there

Pedro Kant-reach

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

first dude I've painted in 20+ years. Not great but contrast paints are a godsend for someone like me who has no skill or patience but makes up for it with poor eyesight and shaky hands

edit: touched up his tentacle arm a little after this was taken. Though looking at it now I wonder if the backpack should be bone as well, rather than metal

peer fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 19, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrDraxium posted:

amazing work, these new AdMech sculpts are insanely good.

As I look at it though I am trying to figure out how I transport 5 of these models around to use in matches. :p

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Magnets!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gunder posted:

Magnets!

Are magnets and a ferrous metal baking tray the way to go for moving poo poo around in between matches?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I keep most of my rank and file in a standard foam case, but the awkward models, the ones with delicate aerials or something that doesn't easily store in foam get a magnet on their base and then stored on a set of magnetized shelves that fit neatly into a backpack. That way I can carry the bulk of my army in the foam case and the awkward/large models in the backpack. I'm not sure how useful this would be for a tournament, but when it comes to safely transporting everything around, magnets can't be beaten.

Edit: I use one of these for carting things around to wherever I'm going to be playing that day. It's large enough to hold my marine army entirely, but mostly it just holds characters and awkward models, vehicles etc. A simple foam carry case carries the more simple models that aren't as delicate. When my collection is at home, I store everything in a much larger version of that backpack. It's basically the same design, but a wheeled suitcase that they make instead of a backpack.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 19, 2020

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are magnets and a ferrous metal baking tray the way to go for moving poo poo around in between matches?

Cookie tin provides walls and a lid as well. Can't be beat IMO.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

peer posted:

first dude I've painted in 20+ years. Not great but contrast paints are a godsend for someone like me who has no skill or patience but makes up for it with poor eyesight and shaky hands

edit: touched up his tentacle arm a little after this was taken. Though looking at it now I wonder if the backpack should be bone as well, rather than metal

Nice! Is that Aggaros Dunes or Skeleton Horde? I'm planning for using Contrast for my Death Guard too (I'm going for the Lords of Decay, so this scheme's basically what I'm planning to go for).

Speaking of Contrast: is it worth putting agitators in the pots? I just got a bunch of agitators and I've noticed some of my contrast paints have had pigment gather at the bottom.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_9gY73sqUU

:woop:

Assassins won't gently caress up Combat Doctrines anymore!

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Some folks prefer the other way around. Attach ferrous washers to the models and use magnetic sheeting glued down in a container. Then you don't have models potentially accidentally stick together in play.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
We've got no rule updates this time. Ork faction focus was basically the same as usual, rather than the huge rule change hidden in the Sisters of Battle update.

Surprisingly no mention of Morale, too. You'd expect to see it mentioned with regards to their morale-circumventing rule, but I guess not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Commander Pliskin:

I love him.