Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Failed Imagineer posted:

E: ^^^^^^ aren't Homer and Marge supposed to be late 30s?

That's definitely a timeline you don't want to start thinking about. Pretty sure originally Marge got knocked up just a couple years out of high school. Considering Bart is 10, that would make Homer a really rough ~30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I recognized the name Mission Hill and vaguely remembered that I'd seen it on Adult Swim twelve years ago. It took me an additional minute before I was able to separate it from The Oblongs in my memory. That's my Mission Hill story, god bless ~

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was pretty sure Homer and Marge's canonical age is 36

which is kind of rough because I'm getting uncomfortably close to the same age as Homer Simpson

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We will all die before homer simpson

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

loquacius posted:

which is kind of rough because I'm getting uncomfortably close to the same age as Homer Simpson

They're 39

They didn't have Bart when they were 26

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

loquacius posted:

iirc they raised their age at some point past the golden years, likely because the writers at the time were feeling exactly what you're feeling

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
The carny episode kind of pulls back the curtain on that one when the age/weight-guesser guy thinks Homer is way older and fatter than his canonical stats

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I liked Mission Hill but I haven't watched it since it was relatively current - it used to air back to back with Clone High and Undergrads in Canada, and I was like the only one of my friends who preferred Mission Hill of the three (Clone High was ok but it was a bit overrwrought imo, and aside from a few good gags Undergrads is sappy trash which I'm sure really hasn't aged well.)

I often think about the scene where the one guy gets a job working in a slaughterhouse and buddy hands him a sledgehammer and brings in a cow. I remember basically nothing else about the show.

E. Also my brother in law is 37 and looks exactly like a real world Homer Simpson would look. No I'm not going to dox him. He has also lost some weight.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

loquacius posted:

I felt soooo :corsair: when I hit 36. Didn't help that my dad was married & just had me at that age.

Now I'm hoping I can make it to Abraham Simpson's age before the world ends.

Have some memes:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:lol:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Perfectly encapsulates the last 24 hours regarding AMC theatres.

https://twitter.com/Mister_Fun_Guy/status/1274033288487845889?s=19

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man that is some solid spaghetti meal posting.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:discourse:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol

loquacius posted:

In the first season episode where Marge learns bowling it was for her 36th birthday.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Man that is some solid spaghetti meal posting.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Did they record extra lines for different regions? Because I swear the line has always been "two spaghetti dinners"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

Did they record extra lines for different regions? Because I swear the line has always been "two spaghetti dinners"

I think you're just mandela effecting yourself. How could Milhouse have two spaghetti meals in one day if both of them are dinner?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

muscles like this! posted:

Lol

In the first season episode where Marge learns bowling it was for her 36th birthday.

In a later episode (when Homer was taking all the Reader Digest quizes) Homer was middle age at 38. So Homer is basically always late 30 and will soon start having a young childhood them goons.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
:discourse: to every spaghet post

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RandomFerret posted:

Same

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Android Apocalypse posted:

I felt soooo :corsair: when I hit 36. Didn't help that my dad was married & just had me at that age.

Now I'm hoping I can make it to Abraham Simpson's age before the world ends.

Have some memes:

Hahahahaha good stuff. Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag might have worked if Moe put himself back of house, or manning the bar.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This has nothing to do with anything but years ago at work I made a test license for some restaurant POS software we support and called it Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag, and since making that somehow other people have gotten ahold of the license and have used it for testing stuff at their own stations so I see it pop up outside of my lab from time to time and it makes me smile. If the menus in the system carried across licenses I'd program in stuff like Spaghetti and Moe-Balls or Flash-Fried Buffalo but they don't so :effort:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Why would he get a spaghetti dinner at lunch?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

CommonShore posted:

I often think about the scene where the one guy gets a job working in a slaughterhouse and buddy hands him a sledgehammer and brings in a cow. I remember basically nothing else about the show.

This is basically me with the principal handing the older brother a folded sticky note that says "douchebag" in really nice script, and the guy laughing out loud in her office. I remember very little else besides some of the voices, but I will still insist I liked the show because of that scene. It's from literally the first episode.

Holy poo poo. I'm enjoying 2 spaghetti meals a lot, but this loving floored me. Wow.

One of a Kind
May 18, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

At the end of Treehouse of Horror II, Lisa tells Homer that her class is hosting an "All-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner." Maybe that's what you're remembering?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dinner can be any meal, why do you think it's called Kraft Dinner? You don't get arrested if you have it for supper!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RandomFerret posted:

Dinner can be any meal, why do you think it's called Kraft Dinner? You don't get arrested if you have it for supper!

You should

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Homer is canonically always 39 and Marge is 36. When they met in high school, he was a senior and she was I guess a sophomore. They clearly both hung around Springfield for like 10 years as a couple, probably doing the on and off relationship thing that most long term high school couples do, before Marge got pregnant. Homer worked at the mini-golf place, Marge was a carhop, they lived in an apartment in Springfield's lower east side, etc.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Folks, in the episode A Milhouse Divided, the Simpsons family starts by eating... you guessed it, a spaghetti dinner.

In other words,

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Lone Goat posted:

I thought Mission Hill failed because it was too Kafkaesque

You're pretty great, I just wanted you to know that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Homer is 30 and I won't hear a word to the contrary.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

ChesterJT posted:

You're pretty great, I just wanted you to know that.

The fact that i think of Mission Hill when i think of the word Kafkaesque means it had a little bit of staying power

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Homer is 30 and I won't hear a word to the contrary.

You heard it here first folks, Homer was born in 1990!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The only good thing Mission Hill did was the blacklight paint palette for the nighttime scenes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

You heard it here first folks, Homer was born in 1990!

Bart is late Gen X.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sagebrush posted:

Bart is late Gen X.

Does that make Maggie a zoomer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zil posted:

Does that make Maggie a zoomer?

Maggie was born in 1987~88 so she is squarely center field Millennial.