Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Potato Salad posted:

Lol $850

GOOOONNSSSSSS!!! :bahgawd:

What the... you know what this means.... you guys need to buy a tasteful wedding sheet cake from Safeway and have them put “First Successful Goon Project of 2020” on it. Misspelled is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Aceofblue posted:

I think I succeed?

Slaying it and serving looks!

I am (for the most a part) a cis male, but I’m on testosterone to compensate my low natural production. I’m always so obsessed and focussed on being cis-passing, and being straight-passing. And when I see a post like yours I am just amazed and awestruck.
I won’t presume what your drives are, but looking at myself, I do not have the guts to give up the privilege and safety that comes with being cis-passing.

Your post made me feel a little bit better about myself, thanks.

Edit: this post is a hot mess, and I hope it didn’t come off creepy. I admire your openness, is the main message

Such Fun has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Jun 19, 2020

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

B33rChiller posted:

How old do I look now?

If I’d guess your age, I’d say around 30. Your grooming is something I would associate with an older person though.

If you feel good about the way you look that is great. If you’d like a tip about using grooming to enhance your appearence, I would recommend a beardtrimmer with variable length. There’s plenty tutorials on youtube, but I’d be happy to write something down if you’d like

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Karate chop

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Jun 5, 2022

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Tell me about this flute

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Such Fun posted:

Tell me about this flute

Um please, it's called a penny whistle

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Such Fun posted:

Tell me about this flute

https://www.amazon.com/Fead%C3%B3g-Brass-Traditional-Irish-Whistles/dp/B004SL34IM

Buy one! They're such fun!

https://soundcloud.com/starfolder/sarah-slean-i-will-love-you-on-irish-whistle

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Jun 19, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

COOL CORN posted:

Um please, it's called a penny whistle

His name ain’t Whistle you blowhard.

:haw:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Such Fun posted:

Tell me about this flute

One time at Gooncamp...

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

I don’t think that’s for me. But playing any instrument is blessed and highly favoured

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Such Fun posted:

If I’d guess your age, I’d say around 30. Your grooming is something I would associate with an older person though.

If you feel good about the way you look that is great. If you’d like a tip about using grooming to enhance your appearence, I would recommend a beardtrimmer with variable length. There’s plenty tutorials on youtube, but I’d be happy to write something down if you’d like

That's kind of you, but this is my silver lining to being off work with a mental injury. Don't have to shave, or deal with other people (apart from my family). I'm seeing how much beard I can grow before I get well enough to work again.

Moo guessed a little closer. I'm 39

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Scathach posted:

Please post a pic, I'd love to see! And congrats!

We chose end of summer a long time ago, kept putting it off and whatnot because the world situation kept getting worse. Put it off for life stuff for the past couple years before this. I finally said gently caress it, quarantine will be over so get some witnesses and we'll do it in the grass July 25th. Looks like it got bigger faster than we thought.

Alright, I made a GoFundMe it should be https://www.gofundme.com/HamiltonWedding

Quoting for a new page, and to say I'm proud of this silly selfie community for taking care of our own

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

B33rChiller posted:

That's kind of you, but this is my silver lining to being off work with a mental injury. Don't have to shave, or deal with other people (apart from my family). I'm seeing how much beard I can grow before I get well enough to work again.

Moo guessed a little closer. I'm 39

There you go: a little ego boost as we both think you look 30-35 (apart from the hair). You must be moisturising well.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

LingcodKilla posted:

What the... you know what this means.... you guys need to buy a tasteful wedding sheet cake from Safeway and have them put “First Successful Goon Project of 2020” on it. Misspelled is ok.

I think I am going to have to do this.

But holy poo poo you guys. You're all amazing and you have our thanks. Gonna be a ton of happy people stuffing their faces.

Also, if anyone is in my area next month and wants to hang at a goon garden wedding and also stuff their faces, please let me know.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 18:48 on Jun 30, 2020

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Scathach posted:

But holy poo poo you guys. You're all amazing and you have our thanks. Gonna be a ton of happy people stuffing their faces.

Also, if anyone is in my area next month and wants to hang at a goon garden wedding and also stuff their faces, please let me know.

I'm all the way on the other end of the country, and I only lurk the thread from my little corner here, but I hope my meager contribution helps to make it a wonderful and memorable day for your whole family. :) I'm saving up a bit for my own wedding right now, we're going to end up doing something similar to yours next summer. Someday I'll post a picture here and share our story... just not today. ;) Congratulations to both of you!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I appreciate the hell out of all contributions. Let me know when yall get closer to your wedding. I'd love to return the favor and help make a goon day wonderful.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Elviscat posted:

No matter the mode you look wonderful!

LingcodKilla posted:

Science mode/Luau mode. Love the print and you look happy in both.

Such Fun posted:

Slaying it and serving looks! ... I admire your openness, is the main message

Thank you all, my space alien rear end really appreciates that. :3: :3:

I'm not going to lie and say that being open about being non-binary is easy... I live in fuckin' Indiana. But I'm so much happier with myself not hiding what I am anymore.

Aceofblue has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Jun 20, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Scathach posted:

Gonna chip in once I find my wallet! Whereabouts are you? If you’re around where I am I might swing by with a Cliche Wedding Gift like a mixing bowl.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

We're in Granite Falls, WA. A bit above Seattle and on a mountain. No gifts necessary, just happy goons.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

happy midsummer!!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

How are you posting from the 1970s?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

matti posted:

happy midsummer!!

Covid has made me give up on dressing well too. I basically live in sweat pants and undershirts

matti
Mar 31, 2019

you can do double plaid at 4 am its "OK"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it's not and you can't

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Not throwing any stones, there's just a *florid gesture* vibe going on here

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

matti posted:

you can do double plaid at 4 am its "OK"

No it’s not “OK”.

I’ve been trying so hard to be a more positive person; to not take a shot simply because there is an opening.
But this picture. This loving picture.

I can not say a single positive thing about it. The composition, the lighting, the subject matter: all terrible. I can’t even do a milquetoast “but it looks like you’re enjoying yourself, and that’s what really matters”, because it looks like your not even conscious.
The effortlessness of your awfulness is beyond reproach. It’s art.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Such Fun posted:

No it’s not “OK”.

I’ve been trying so hard to be a more positive person; to not take a shot simply because there is an opening.

I can not say a single positive thing about it. The composition, the lighting, the subject matter: all terrible. I can’t even do a milquetoast “but it looks like you’re enjoying yourself, and that’s what really matters”, because it looks like your not even conscious.

Matti is strong and my friend

matti
Mar 31, 2019

spotted the american

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

matti posted:

spotted the american

Are you not? That picture seems pretty American.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
What has happened to my wonderful positive selfie thread

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Such Fun posted:

No it’s not “OK”.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Anyway I'm having a wonderful day hiking by the lake

matti
Mar 31, 2019

rear end-penny posted:

Are you not? That picture seems pretty American.

https://wikitravel.org/en/Nekala

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

"The word Nekala traces its origins to an old Finnish word with a simple meaning of 'stabbing knife'."

Are those also made of wood?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

"The word Nekala traces its origins to an old Finnish word with a simple meaning of 'stabbing knife'."

Are those also made of wood?

Since it's a Finnish word, it can also mean 'milking a hyena' or 'driving a scooter'.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

COOL CORN posted:

What has happened to my wonderful positive selfie thread

It is still right here, full of wonderful goons, making plaid jokes and making a wedding happier!!! ( I wish I could donate, but I am flat broke, I am sorry!!).

Upward and onward, goons! Let's keep this kind and goony!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Have a great wedding Scathatch! The Mrs. and I hope you have at least 10 Beers!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pssht I'd join Matti in a second. Plaid is great and I'm wearing some myself as we speak.

Thanks 10, I'm sure I will at least try to have that many beers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I stand corrected. Weber grills are big in my part of America, as are flannel, beer, and Pink Floyd (I saw another picture of you I'm another thread). Cheers, my Finnish friend.

Cool Corn, dope Ghost shirt.