Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

Life(the virus) finds a way.

death uuuuuuuuuuuhhhh, finds a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Look the Trex can't eat all of us, we should be able to see it up close. If the Trex eats me then that's just the good Lord's plan for me.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Ahh I’m so annoyed by Joe a Rogan, the dumbass

Been listening to his podcast for years, at the beginning of the pandemic he seemed to be very good about it, interviewed some epidemiologist (who said a vaccine was waaaay off when people thought it would take months)

And so I stopped listening because I turned my attention to surviving and it was just too much anxiety

somewhere between February and today Joe Rogan went full chud and is saying it could be a fascist attack and why lose freedoms over it, reopen everything, FOCUS ON SLEEP AND KEEPING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM HEALTHY AND I GUESS BUY MY SUPPLEMENTS

All this while acknowledging he knows 9 people who have it, and he literally interviewed some comedian who almost died from it, he’s interviewed doctors who explained how dangerous it could get, etc etc

Bill Burr was so much more level headed about it(“Joe let’s not go there, I’m not gonna sit here without a medical degree listen to you talk without a medical degree about coronavirus”)

I honestly cannot understand what’s going on in his head, maybe losing too much business from his supplements company

Believing in aliens and everyone taking LSD, I’m fine with that, doesn’t hurt anybody, but come the gently caress on Joe Rogan

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

I'm close enough to Tulsa that I know plenty of people from where I live will be going there and bringing back the plague. My mom lives in small town Oklahoma and is pissed off and scared that it's going to rip through her town like wildfire in about a week or so.

I should probably stock up on groceries and prepare for another round of sheltering in place because this is about to get bad here.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My lung hurts.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Fashionably Great posted:

I'm close enough to Tulsa that I know plenty of people from where I live will be going there and bringing back the plague. My mom lives in small town Oklahoma and is pissed off and scared that it's going to rip through her town like wildfire in about a week or so.

I should probably stock up on groceries and prepare for another round of sheltering in place because this is about to get bad here.

It's super dumb. I hope you all are safe. The numbers have been way higher this week in OK. I was watching them daily a month or so ago and the average was 70-100 and last few days have averaged around 250-300. Then you have Trump talking about how the numbers are up because the tests are so good. It's rotten.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I just realized 2 weeks from today is the 4th of July.

A massive covid spike because of freedom!!!!! is one hell of a way to celebrate it, I guess.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

A massive covid spike because of freedom!!!!! is one hell of a way to celebrate it, I guess.

I think the entire grim business of denial will fall apart by the end of July due to the sheer weight of cases combined with the expiration of protection from evictions and bills that can’t be pushed off any more. But America‘s disappointed me so much since 2016 that even THAT feels far from guaranteed.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

They canx all ours or made them virtual/drive in around me. The cities, not the governor which wants everyone to die.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1274352557956247556?s=19

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
My hometown already cancelled their big annual festival for October, good on them. I'm sure there's a lot of boomers complaining that it should still go on because it's outdoors and I want muh apple fritters so I haven't checked the comments.
This guy I worked with, he had been out for a few months and someone had told me he was just taking leave to avoid covid but I saw him finally the other day and he said he had contracted it and been in the hospital and recovering for 6+ weeks :( he's an older guy and he was the very first co-worker I saw wearing a mask (after transit reversed their position and allowed us) and stayed out of the break rooms to avoid people. I'm glad he made it through but it sucks that people that take it seriously and take precautions still get it so easily.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

People who got tickets for the rally had to sign a release that they wouldn't hold Trump or the venue responsible, but all the other people those people are going to get sick didn't. Hopefully some energetic scumbag lawyer is already writing up a massive class action suit to drop in 3-4 weeks.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

How do we know it isn't just a diaper fetish?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

How do we know it isn't just a diaper fetish?

oh its also a diaper fetish

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

greazeball posted:

Hopefully some energetic scumbag lawyer is already writing up a massive class action suit to drop in 3-4 weeks.

You do know that this is hellworld and the GOP is working to enact legislation to ensure no liability lawsuits will be able to be filed, correct? Like, they’re actively making laws so that people can’t file lawsuits for liability in case someone contracts COVID at their place of employment, or like Disneyworld and stuff.

Confidently Queer
Apr 14, 2003

i am the luckiest shitheap in fyad.

Cacafuego posted:

You do know that this is hellworld and the GOP is working to enact legislation to ensure no liability lawsuits will be able to be filed, correct? Like, they’re actively making laws so that people can’t file lawsuits for liability in case someone contracts COVID at their place of employment, or like Disneyworld and stuff.

The Democrats will protect the interests of the people from reckless corporations

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Confidently Queer posted:

The Democrats will protect the interests of the people from reckless corporations

Do you think this is some kind of comedy forum?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hasturtium posted:

I think the entire grim business of denial will fall apart by the end of July due to the sheer weight of cases combined with the expiration of protection from evictions and bills that can’t be pushed off any more. But America‘s disappointed me so much since 2016 that even THAT feels far from guaranteed.
Yeah July is going to make the last 3-4 months look like a warmup. Here in FL we are ending our eviction moratorium on the 1st. I don't expect it to get extended but who knows. Meanwhile the state unemployment rate is 14% and our local unemployment here in the Orlando metro area is 22%.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Confidently Queer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64BsxqDNMk

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

My daughter's mental health has severely declined due to covid. She missed most of school and hasn't had much human interaction other than myself and my wife. They are at each other's throats the whole day while I'm at work. Her hands have turned into huge rashes and are cracked and bleeding from frequent washing. She's fearful that she or we will die of the virus. The few times we've had to take her outside, she has seen everyone wearing masks and behaving erratically. She has lost weight from lack of appetite. Of course we can't take her to a therapist, everything is being done by video camera nowadays. We have tried to reassure her that she will be fine but she's six. She thinks the world is ending based upon how people are behaving around her. Things are starting to reopen, but the damage is done. It's too bad we couldn't find a way to decrease the impact this virus had on children, since it seems to have only incidental mortality.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hope-resilience/202004/covid-19-and-children-s-mental-health

Why is your 6 year old who doesn’t interact with anyone but you and your wife washing her hands so much that they’re cracked and bleeding

What do you think an in person therapist does that a video therapist doesn’t?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

We aren't. At worse, we would only lose a few hundred thousand humans out of millions. The long-term ramifications of the shut down in the major economic centers of the world are already leading to far worse outcomes, and we will continue to bear those outcomes for decades. No one wanted to be the politician that gave this the laissez-faire treatment, though, except Republicans right now. And the media is working overtime to make them look bad for it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

not sure i trust you

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Can't catch coronavirus at a 4th of July party if you catch it at Applebee's first

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

bird with big dick posted:

Why is your 6 year old who doesn’t interact with anyone but you and your wife washing her hands so much that they’re cracked and bleeding

For children, therapists often engage in play, crafts and other one-on-one forms of physical interaction as a part of treatment. A child that can only interact via video won't be as receptive.

communistnkinky69
Jun 17, 2020

by Cyrano4747

1 - because she is experiencing worse anxiety than normal (exacerbating her OCD) coupled with an ever present state of fear thanks to the media?Its not because her parents are telling her to wash 48 times an hour.

2- Some kids respond much better to in person therapy

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

QuarkJets posted:

Can't catch coronavirus at a 4th of July party if you catch it at Applebee's first

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

some friends of mine just flew from our low-case state to Key West. they are great people, super hard working and i know they haven’t had a vacation in years but goddamn if that doesn’t sound like the worst idea i’ve heard in a long time. they are posting pictures every 10 minutes

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Key West and Monroe County were doing so well. They shut off access at the top of US-1 to people who didn’t live there and kept their numbers super low. Barely any hospitalizations and 3 deaths (all early on).

The problem began when they lifted the barricade before South Florida opened up, so inevitably there was an influx in traffic from there and other places. My family lives down there and saying all they’re seeing now is tourists who aren’t wearing masks, and aren’t social distancing. Sigh.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah July is going to make the last 3-4 months look like a warmup. Here in FL we are ending our eviction moratorium on the 1st. I don't expect it to get extended but who knows. Meanwhile the state unemployment rate is 14% and our local unemployment here in the Orlando metro area is 22%.

the things that have me worried not being discussed

-8 week PPP loans runnning out for businesses this month and early july
-august 1st everyone on UI loses PUA ie, their only income, especially if the area they are in can't reopen their industry anyway
-july is when state budgets get determined, and there's no state level bailout yet. cutting funding to social services in a pandemic is going to be something alright

so yeah, it can and will get worse

e: to clarify normal UI varies in determination and max amount by state. a good chunk of people out there on UI have 0 a week normal benefits but 600 a week in PUA..so yeah, shits about to get bad without any safety net

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 20, 2020

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
hope they enjoy their last vacation

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

zer0spunk posted:

the things that have me worried not being discussed

-8 week PPP loans runnning out for businesses this month and early july
-august 1st everyone on UI loses PUA ie, their only income, especially if the area they are in can't reopen their industry anyway
-july is when state budgets get determined, and there's no state level bailout yet. cutting funding to social services in a pandemic is going to be something alright

so yeah, it can and will get worse

e: to clarify normal UI varies in determination and max amount by state. a good chunk of people out there on UI have 0 a week normal benefits but 600 a week in PUA..so yeah, shits about to get bad without any safety net
The max on unemployment down here in FL is $275/week. If it wasn't for that extra $600 a week things would be a lot rougher.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

hemale in pain posted:

not sure i trust you

wow y'all are dumb loving assholes. Poster said a thing you disagree with 200 pages ago so I guess their child's mental illness being exacerbated by the quarantine isn't real

I'm not going to go through your post histories because I'm not like you, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you've complained multiple times in this thread about people choosing to ignore or deny facts that don't align with their worldview

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

communistnkinky69 posted:

1 - because she is experiencing worse anxiety than normal (exacerbating her OCD) coupled with an ever present state of fear thanks to the media?Its not because her parents are telling her to wash 48 times an hour.

2- Some kids respond much better to in person therapy

Why is a six year old watching the news? Put on some loving cartoons, drat. She's going to have to deal with this hellworld soon enough, let her be blissfully ignorant for a while.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Since the thread seems to not have talked about it yet:

In germany the biggest meat processing plant (mostly staffed by workers from romania and bulgaria) has 1000+ confirmed cases out of 3000 tested.

The entire company has 7000+ employees + employees of sub-contract companies.

Even the CEO is in quarantine and work has shut down now.

The german military has been called in to handle the testing.

Whether that entire sub-region of germany will be locked down will probably be decided tomorrow.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

Why is a six year old watching the news? Put on some loving cartoons, drat. She's going to have to deal with this hellworld soon enough, let her be blissfully ignorant for a while.

You ever been around a six year old? They pick up on everything even though they can't do much about it. Kids that age are sponges, you can't turn on cartoons and have them forget or ignore that their entire life is now different. Let alone what mom and dad are whispering about too loudly, all day long.

I appreciate the reason for the probe though because you also can't just say that it's acceptable to write off x amount of lives when it's preventable.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

rt4 posted:

hope they enjoy their last vacation

it's killing me because they are very sweet people. mixed race couple with 4-5 kids between them all living in the same house, both working a couple jobs. pretty sure they told me they haven't had more than a 3 day weekend trip since their honeymoon. never talked politics with them, i think they are probably leaning libertarian but they've been involved with BLM stuff in the area. I only mention this stuff to illustrate that they are not the type storming city hall to demand things reopen so they can get their hair done or whatever, they're making a huge mistake but they're good people and I hope they and everyone they come into contact with are gonna be alright.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

Since the thread seems to not have talked about it yet:

In germany the biggest meat processing plant (mostly staffed by workers from romania and bulgaria) has 1000+ confirmed cases out of 3000 tested.

The entire company has 7000+ employees + employees of sub-contract companies.

Even the CEO is in quarantine and work has shut down now.

The german military has been called in to handle the testing.

Whether that entire sub-region of germany will be locked down will probably be decided tomorrow.
All of the meatpacking plants in the Midwest are like this right now, and are being forced to stay open by Presidential executive order because the owners whined to Trump.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cacafuego posted:

It’s already passed and signed in my state

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

feelix posted:

wow y'all are dumb loving assholes. Poster said a thing you disagree with 200 pages ago so I guess their child's mental illness being exacerbated by the quarantine isn't real

I'm not going to go through your post histories because I'm not like you, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you've complained multiple times in this thread about people choosing to ignore or deny facts that don't align with their worldview

I have sympathy for any child that's negatively effected by the pandemic, physically or mentally, but I don't have sympathy for their dumb idiot parent who has for months been trying to downplay the severity of the pandemic while trying to get everyone to pretend like nothing is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This just happened at Trump’s rally tonight.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1274501140294635520?s=20

edit video

https://twitter.com/RanttMedia/status/1274502889155833858?s=20