Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's the comic and it's ten million times better written than the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

The Injustice game story is pretty threadbare and not all that interesting, but it still has one of the better moments in recent comic book adaptation memory, when they convince the other world's Batman to bring in Superman.

I really like the good Superman since it's essentially the DCAU Superman, and he immediately comes in and hands the bad guys their asses.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, it's very good. I liked what they did with the story in 2, but I was fairly disappointed they didn't include the 'real' heroes at all.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I didn’t get to play 2 much but aren’t Green Arrow and Canary from the other “main” universe?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

omg chael crash posted:

I didn’t get to play 2 much but aren’t Green Arrow and Canary from the other “main” universe?

Green Arrow dies and Black Canary escapes to an alternate universe in the prequel comic to 1, so yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Sort of.

Green Arrow is from another universe just not the main one

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The comic from what I have experienced is rad. I like that Harley gets a face turn and joins the Bat Family.

The first game I found to be kinda boring.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The game's kinda boring, but the comic is great. It manages to show why Plastic Man of all people is scary as hell.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DigitalRaven posted:

The game's kinda boring, but the comic is great. It manages to show why Plastic Man of all people is scary as hell.

Yeah I may be merging the comic and the first game's story in my mind. The comic is great, and ran for like 5 years.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-22-yes-batman-arkham-developer-rocksteady-is-making-a-suicide-squad-game

So yeah, Rocksteady making a Suicide Squad game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sorry, Rocksteady, that's not the answer I have on this card. Would you like to try again?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I read that as Rockstar and was imagining GTA:Gotham City.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hopefully it's as good as the original.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So obviously there's nothing out about it but I really hope it isn't just very similar to the Arkham games but with a team of characters instead of Batman. They've spent 5 years making it so there's gotta be something more to it than that I would think.

Again since there's no official details this is an overreaction but the tagline or title of the game potentially being "kill the Justice League" is not getting it off to great start for me, feels a bit much. That seems like the more modern style of the Suicide Squad where they're a weird supposed "counter" to the Justice League which doesn't really make sense to me unless you pack it with power house villains (but then them being arrested and interested in the offer of reduced jail time is kinda weird). Personally I prefer the older style where they're just doing deniable ops stuff or weird high stakes heists like in the JLU episode where the government wants a thing on the JLU satellite but doesn't want them to know.

Would be really cool if it isn't purely a third person action game and has some planning stuff for missions, like a more involved version of the heist planning stuff in GTA V but not restricted to 6 missions in a 100 mission game. Have you pick from a roster for a couple specific aspects of a mission and then you play them out.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

so, what exactly have they been working on for the past 5 years if they're only ready to tease the game? and part of that time since Arkham Knight overlaps with WB Montreal's own cancelled Suicide Squad game, which wasn't axed until late 2016, so I wonder what the full story is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I hope the Suicide Squad game has Katana in it. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dan Didio posted:

Sorry, Rocksteady, that's not the answer I have on this card. Would you like to try again?

Did it say "moops"?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Next gen versions of Avengers are going to be a PS5/XSeX launch title, with free upgrades being offered for current gen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I will only play Slipknot, the man who can climb anything.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wow, look at this new DC game that is not Batman Arkham Beyond

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I wonder how far into the Suicide Squad game you'll get before Joker shows up and reveals that he's the central plot always and forever. Thirty, maybe forty minutes?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Crowetron posted:

I wonder how far into the Suicide Squad game you'll get before Joker shows up and reveals that he's the central plot always and forever. Thirty, maybe forty minutes?

Opening scene for sure.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Look, you can either pay Mark Hamil to be in your franchise, or you can not pay Mark Hamil to be in your franchise. I know what I would do!

But yes there is too much Joker.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope the Suicide Squad game has Katana in it. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims.

I appreciate this post.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Look, you can either pay Mark Hamil to be in your franchise, or you can not pay Mark Hamil to be in your franchise. I know what I would do!

But yes there is too much Joker.

Easy solution: Make a Flash game and have the Trickster in it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Crowetron posted:

Into the game? You mean he won't be sharing equal space with Harley right on the game box?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm not sure that Joker would work as a villain in a Suicide Squad game because literally everyone (excluding maybe Harley, depending on where it lands in her character arc) would be willing and excited about killing him

Especially Waller

Also Bronze Tiger better be in it and playable. If he ends up taking a back seat to Black Manta or Killer Shark...

actually now that I think of it those would probably be fine, it's just the idea of Harley getting in and not him that annoys me, and she's practically guaranteed a slot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would also be excited about killing the Joker

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Will we finally get Batman Batman Batman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkVYggeEfXk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Into the game? You mean he won't be sharing equal space with Harley right on the game box?

They'll save that for the GOTY edition

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I recently played through Batman: The Enemy Within and Anthony Ingruber, the guy who voiced John Doe/Joker, and who is certainly not Mark Hamill, did a stupendous job. Based on what it does to his voice I don't see Mark Hamill doing Joker any more (and am actually surprised he did it as long as he did) so I think any future games should use Ingruber. If they absolutely must have a Joker, that is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

Also Bronze Tiger better be in it and playable. If he ends up taking a back seat to Black Manta or Killer Shark...

I want Ron Funches voiced Killer Shark from the Harley Quinn series.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Medullah posted:

I want Ron Funches voiced Killer Shark from the Harley Quinn series.

I saw him on the Giant Beastcast and it threw me for a loop that that's just his natural speaking voice. :allears:

(also he's a really good dude so just make him Shark's permanent voice)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I saw him on the Giant Beastcast and it threw me for a loop that that's just his natural speaking voice. :allears:

(also he's a really good dude so just make him Shark's permanent voice)

Oh yeah he's awesome. I miss @Midnight because he was a regular and ruled.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Midniter posted:

I recently played through Batman: The Enemy Within and Anthony Ingruber, the guy who voiced John Doe/Joker, and who is certainly not Mark Hamill, did a stupendous job. Based on what it does to his voice I don't see Mark Hamill doing Joker any more (and am actually surprised he did it as long as he did) so I think any future games should use Ingruber. If they absolutely must have a Joker, that is.

I just wish more VAs didn't feel the need to do Mark Hamill impressions. His Joker is iconic and legendary, but it's his take on it, other people should do their own thing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I just wish more VAs didn't feel the need to do Mark Hamill impressions. His Joker is iconic and legendary, but it's his take on it, other people should do their own thing.

I think Alan Tudyk does a pretty good job with his Joker in Harley Quinn. It's inspired by Hammill but he does have a few inflections of his own that is fantastic. Of course I love almost everything about that show so that helps.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I didn't really feel like Ingruber was mimicking Hamill with his performance in the Telltale game. What I liked about it was that he vacillated between normal Joker speaking voice and rip-roaring-furious-insane Joker and then back again seamlessly, just like you'd expect the Joker to do. His laugh was Hamill-esque, but that's hard to get away from since the "Joker laugh" is just the "Joker laugh" regardless of who does the voice.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I've only seen clips of Harley Quinn, but I do really like their Joker. It's like they decided to make him actually funny instead of a scary clown that laughs all the time because he's insane. Every now and then I think about "Where's my goddam electric car, Bruce?" or "Lots of dads are serial killers!" and actually laugh.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWM5uha3ZMk

More info on the Avengers game. To me, it looks like a loot-treadmill with micro-transactions that has multiplayer as an afterthought. I can look past the Spaceballs-stunt double character designs, but that doesn't exactly seem like a great gameplay formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Professor Wayne posted:

I've only seen clips of Harley Quinn, but I do really like their Joker. It's like they decided to make him actually funny instead of a scary clown that laughs all the time because he's insane. Every now and then I think about "Where's my goddam electric car, Bruce?" or "Lots of dads are serial killers!" and actually laugh.

Oh man you should watch it ASAP, it's so much better than I expected it to be. It's basically Venture Brothers mixed with the Tick and Deadpool for the hard R violence.