Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

bell jar posted:

mars bars are good deep fried or frozen

I think I've disagreed with you a lot over the years, but when you're right, you're right. :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'd get those Moros from the Favourites box in bar form if they had them.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
We couldn't afford curly wurlies or chomps growing up (why get one expensive thing when you could get a bunch of chunky clouds or w/e for the same amount of money) so I have no idea what they're like

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

they look stupid as hell but they're great

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

snoremac posted:

I'd get those Moros from the Favourites box in bar form if they had them.

aren't they just a mars bar though?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

they look stupid as hell but they're great

Yeah they're good. they don't sell the blocks anymore do they?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The Before Times posted:

We couldn't afford curly wurlies or chomps growing up (why get one expensive thing when you could get a bunch of chunky clouds or w/e for the same amount of money) so I have no idea what they're like

smh @ this poster who doesn't exploit the best property of adulthood: being able to shovel whatever garbage you want into your basket at the supermarket

Vooze
Oct 29, 2011

Picnics number one with a bullet.

There are dark chocolate ones now that kick rear end, though I've only seen them in QLD.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Amethyst posted:

I've got your number. YOu superciliously walk past the mars bars and snickers to the section where they stock garbage like Terry's Chocolate Orange and Green & Blacks Dessicated Gojiberry block before leaning down to grab the Lindt 85% dark fuckhead bar.

85% dark chocolate is loving good

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

nah i've seen the dark chocolate picnics at coles here in vic too

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GoldStandardConure posted:

just eat cocoa from the packet then, it tastes the same

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

sure it is

*makes the jerking off motion*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think dark chocolate is an older person thing. one of those things i'll go crazy for i'm 60

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

A list of things I'd never spend money on when I was standing near chocolate bars.

it's a loving chocolate bar

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Amethyst posted:

smh @ this poster who doesn't exploit the best property of adulthood: being able to shovel whatever garbage you want into your basket at the supermarket

sadly I'm also trying to overcome disordered eating habits that were partially caused by feast/famine patterns of childhood poverty

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Amethyst posted:

sure it is

*makes the jerking off motion*

you loving yob

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sorry you are right.

i should have said 'good' chocolate bars

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

hambeet posted:

aren't they just a mars bar though?
Similar but no.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Before Times posted:

sadly I'm also trying to overcome disordered eating habits that were partially caused by feast/famine patterns of childhood poverty

all of my binge eating was adhd related i have learned.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Is there any subject that this thread can't have a stupid slap fight about while simultaneously sucking all the fun out of something like lollies?

Also carob coated ginger for the win.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Cartoon posted:

Is there any subject that this thread can't have a stupid slap fight about while simultaneously sucking all the fun out of something like lollies?

Anyone who claims carob is good should be immediately banned

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

snoremac posted:

Similar but no.

quote:

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Moro is a chocolate bar that consists of a nougat biscuit and caramel filling with a chocolate covering. ... A competitor for Moro is the Mars bar which is made by Mars International. This is a close competitor because it is also a nougat bar covered in chocolate, however it doesn't have a layer of carame

the more you know!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hambeet posted:

all of my binge eating was adhd related i have learned.

that too

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

carob is what you give as a punishment.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Cartoon posted:

dark chocolate coated ginger from whatever wanker brand that acts like kryptonite to amethyst

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

doubly cursed!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Good foreign choclate is daim, which i think is danish or something

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

One wanker-adjacent chocolate brand I will endorse is whitakers who make the best milk chocolate coconut block

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
the only bars I get to eat are protein bars because diabetes

check your loving insulin privilege you savages

:smith:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Mattjpwns posted:

the only bars I get to eat are protein bars because diabetes

check your loving insulin privilege you savages

:smith:

Sounds terrible. Living in the age of cheap chocolate is truly sublime. LIke we complain about modernity in here and other radical-ish spaces but holy crap, capitalism lets us go to a building and buy REFINED CHOCOLATE in essentially unlimited quantities. And your lovely pancreas wont' let you do it. You have to deal with all the bad things of subjectivity under capitalism: the alienation, the exploitation, the desperate longing, but you can't indulge in it's upside: dumping a bunch of unethically sourced palm sugar and cocoa into your mouth and experiencing the explosion of sweetness with a strong rich undercurrent of chocolate.

what a bummer

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

let's all go to the shop right now and buy some stupid bar you barely notice like I dunno, a bounty

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Amethyst posted:

One wanker-adjacent chocolate brand I will endorse is whitakers who make the best milk chocolate coconut block

Whittaker's is good poo poo particularly as they have a lot of accidentally vegan dark choc given I have decided to remove all joy from my life

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Amethyst posted:

let's all go to the shop right now and buy some stupid bar you barely notice like I dunno, a bounty

That's my mum's favourite so I try to get her one when I see her :shobon:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

eat the chocolate bar shinji

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
You eat the Mars then the maltesers then the milky ways and leave the rest of that rubbish in the box

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mattjpwns posted:

My favourite comment in the whole Allen's thread is "You should make featureless, soft mayonnaise flavoured lollies and call them Racists"

:five:

Agreed with Amethyst on Kit Kat Chunky (caramel chunky are the best) but I will inhale Lindt if it's on special

I eat too much chocolate :smith:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
a 40 meter tall cadbury bunny stabbing a curly wurly into a giant freddo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

That's my mum's favourite so I try to get her one when I see her :shobon:

i did this for my wife recently only for her to tell me she hates them and never liked them. halfway through the back and forth i remembered it was actually an ex.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

the only time i've eaten them is in a box of favourites and there's gently caress all left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hambeet posted:

i did this for my wife recently only for her to tell me she hates them and never liked them. halfway through the back and forth i remembered it was actually an ex.

Looks like the bounty is on you now pard